Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

No kids question

Re: No kids question

• Options
    We invited all kids, and DH's cameraman RSVP'd without them. I thought it was odd, as we had so many things for kids at the wedding, but we spent the weekend with them at a lodge this past weekend, and I TOTALLY get it now. I am so very thankful they left those kids at home. Jeeeeeesus. But at least they know not to take them to weddings.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_kids-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:9aad5a0f-a837-45dd-af5b-8fa88a841b40Post:8a2dd82e-63fe-482d-af8e-a098cf9d1f30">Re: No kids question</a>:
    [QUOTE]Having someone breastfeed their kid is akward and could be out of place at a wedding reception (maybe they don't do that in your circles, but they do in mine!).  Beyond that, I think people get confused (and I just wrote about this on my blog)- i<strong>t's not infants that are the ones you really need to watch out for re: noise and disruptions, it's TODDLERS.  They are the devils</strong>.
    Posted by ThePinkSuperhero[/QUOTE]

I know!  And I can understand that.  But infants really aren't that disruptive.
    BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Exactly sucrets! How ballsy do you have to be to tell a new mom to change the way she feeds her baby for your wedding, not to mention how expensive pumps are.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_kids-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:9aad5a0f-a837-45dd-af5b-8fa88a841b40Post:96ad1c31-1c17-4ffe-9c33-e4e3b4a1cf4f">Re: No kids question</a>:
    [QUOTE]We invited all kids, and DH's cameraman RSVP'd without them. I thought it was odd, as we had so many things for kids at the wedding, but we spent the weekend with them at a lodge this past weekend, and I TOTALLY get it now. I am so very thankful they left those kids at home. Jeeeeeesus. But at least they know not to take them to weddings.
    Posted by BecW2be[/QUOTE]

Haha, but good for them recognizing it!

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_kids-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:9aad5a0f-a837-45dd-af5b-8fa88a841b40Post:fe855211-1b1f-45c5-8cf5-da0d3e3abfe8">Re: No kids question</a>:
    [QUOTE]Exactly sucrets! How ballsy do you have to be to tell a new mom to change the way she feeds her baby for your wedding, not to mention how expensive pumps are.
    Posted by lpstl[/QUOTE]

I was going to comment on the price, but then I realized that only the super nice ones are that expensive.  Aren't there manual single ones?  Regardless, it's no ones choice except the mom and maybe the dad.

• Options
    I just went back and read that post. How stupid of her.

However, I wish I could exclude one kid from my wedding. I have a legit fear that he will just strip off his clothes and go running through the church buck ass naked. Or, throw his plate on the floor and say 'look, my chicken is on the floor' and mom just sit there and laugh (happend at Christmas one year). But it's FI nephew so we have to invite him. Crap.
    "In the old days my ass would be in your back yard picking cotton, so excuse me if I don't put much stock in how f*cking awesome the old days were." -Nuggs
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_kids-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:9aad5a0f-a837-45dd-af5b-8fa88a841b40Post:276bf19c-c262-441d-ba75-0d6121425817">Re: No kids question</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: No kids question : I know!  And I can understand that.  But infants really aren't that disruptive.
    Posted by sucrets4[/QUOTE]

Totally!  Little babies are basically lumps for the first 6 months of life.  Like I said, I think people just get confused.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    A manual pump? Does it have a crank or something??
  • Options
    "In the old days my ass would be in your back yard picking cotton, so excuse me if I don't put much stock in how f*cking awesome the old days were." -Nuggs
  • Options
    I don't know, I really haven't read up on it.  Just saw it mentioned on 2nd Tri, I think.  Or maybe I'm making it up.

::goes to google it::

• Options
    Oh, Lanie, did you see the C-section post on third tri?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_kids-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:9aad5a0f-a837-45dd-af5b-8fa88a841b40Post:a2aa1ac4-66ee-418e-85fd-4787fe68b815">Re: No kids question</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: No kids question : Haha, but good for them recognizing it!
    Posted by sucrets4[/QUOTE]

Yeah. They recognize it, but still don't control them. I actually held the little girl for over an hour to keep her from destroying the lobby while we waited for the big snow festival and Santa's arrival. They were like little monkeys!
  • Options

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_kids-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:9aad5a0f-a837-45dd-af5b-8fa88a841b40Post:c7ef4ba0-db50-4f8a-b6ee-efe4a4eca249">Re: No kids question</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: No kids question : Yeah. They recognize it, but still don't control them. I actually held the little girl for over an hour to keep her from destroying the lobby while we waited for the big snow festival and Santa's arrival. They were like little monkeys!

Yeah, that isn't cool, but at least they somewhat know their limits.

• Options
    That looks like a pain in the arse, I guess it makes sense for something for emergency purposes, but I'd give myself carpel tunnel using it on a regular basis.

LVB, I did! Jeebus that chick is insanely loonie. Now I'm going to go find the post for everyone's entertainment.
  • Options
    So...when people complain about people breastfeeding at the wedding, are we talking about OUT at the table? I am well aware this may be a completely stupid question, but I'm baby-dumb so I'm ok with this.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_kids-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:9aad5a0f-a837-45dd-af5b-8fa88a841b40Post:fad135c8-4dde-4a8a-9f79-18285a5c04d9">Re: No kids question</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh yeah, it was the stupidity of the mother, but it still ruined that wedding. I have nothing against infants. It's stupid mothers who can't figure out that 200+ people glaring at them means get thefuck out of the room with your little banshee that I can't stand.

The last time I witnessed this, I turned around and told the mother to take the child out of the church.  She looked shocked but did it.

She avoided me at the reception.  So?  A 5 year old talking during the couples vows stinks and if she didn't care, I did.
  • Options
    Oh, found it: http://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/1/27295409/ShowThread.aspx

c/n: Crazy biatch wants to have an elective csection because her friend is teasing her about having her baby first. Later on we learn she wants to be put under general anesthesia for the c-section because she think's an epidural will hurt too much.
  • Options
    Oh if I had been closer, OOT, I'd have told that mother the same thing. It was awful. A 5yr old is completely unacceptable. Babies can't control themselves. That mother should have been slapped!
  • Options
    Good for you, oot!

I think public breastfeeding is an ENTIRE other issue and isn't necessarily related to weddings at all.

• Options
    oot, you rock.

Koopa, I assume people are talking about bare boobing it, not descretely nusring a baby under a large scarf or whatever.
  • Options
    That's probably the craziest thing I've seen over there. Although there are so many things that I don't agree with that seems to be big. I'm sorry, but I don't understand the jealousy that the women go through. Either they don't trust their MIL (sometimes totally legit, like if she's old and shaky) or don't want other women holding their baby because that's special to them. Give me an effin break!
  • Options
    Oh....yikes.
  • Options
    LVB, there's so much crazy over there I don't know what to do with it. There was a post today on 3rd tri that asked if it was normal to cry after orgasm.
  • Options
    Wow, that thread is just...wow...I'm not even sure where to start with that one.
  • Options
    Holy shiit, Laine, you're in 3rd tri!  I just realized!

Congrats, girl!

• Options
    I remember reading a thread (AFSB was discussing it a long time ago, I think?) where a girl was asking if it's normal for her hubs to get a boner when their newborn cries.  PLEASE tell me someone else read this!
  • Options
    Hehe, that's right sucrets :) Thank you!

I have no idea how all this happened. I looked at pete last night and said "Holy shiit, we could have a baby in 2 months". I'm full term on Feb 10th.

Oh, and super cool pregnany thing you have to look forward to. I poked my belly tonight, and X kicked me back, hard. It was one of the weirdest and coolest things I've experienced ever.

Koopa, WTF? I remember something about a mom on the bump comparing her son breastfeeding to her husband playing with her boobs during foreplay. I believe that may rival yours on the creepy scale, but I think you win.
  • Options
    Woah, didn't read that one. But there was a good one awhile back where they were discussing whether or not men should be allowed to babysit. Some women even said that they don't really trust their husband and they certainly wouldnt leave their child with any other male family member. It's just too tempting for the men to molest the child.

Could have been linked here...hmm
  • Options
    I lurk on this board often, but I don't even read the no kids threads anymore because most of them are just stupid to me. My FG's mom is fixing to have a baby anyminute now and will still be breastfeeding at my wedding and I don't care if she does it at the table. However, I know she won't be comfortable with that so I already told her she could use the bridal dressing room if she needs to.
    Blaming an infant for its behavior is just ludacris. its the parents who let their child scream bloody murder in the grocery cart for 20 minutes (not lying) until store management comes looking for them because they think the kid is hurt.. those people are the problem. I have actually stared kids down in the store before because htey were being hellions. 

My wedding is a celebration of family and love and I think that children are the embodiment of both family and love. the celebration would not be complete without them, even if they run around the dancefloor all night chasing the lights.

SOrry, I had to get my little rant out.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards