Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Anyone around?

Re: Anyone around?

• Options
    I would love to try the 30 Day Shred. The few girls that tried it on my month board said it really works and it kicks your butt. Somehow I think that working out at home wouldn't do it for me, I would just get busy doing other things and not take the time to do it. That is why I think going to the gym is better for me. I do think I could use a personal trainer, though.
  • Options
    You guys are killing me.

It's so hot here, even the flies are too lazy to fly away from harm.  I just killed two with nothing more than a rolled up piece of newpaper.  Dummies just sat there...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Well, I'm off since someone should be showing up soon. This is what we have for our party:
    baked brie in philo dough with black cherry preserves4 kinds of cheese - italian truffle, spanish goat, maytag blue and maple smoked jarlsberg w/ crackerscappuccino truffleschocolate trufflessalted caramelsdark, milk and white chocolate snowflakesveggie w/ ranchspinach sour cream dip w/ pretzelscannolis - plain and chocolate dippedcrescent rolls stuffed w/ pesto, cream cheese and sundried tomato4 kinds of wine (2 whites, 2 reds) and mulled winea case of Sam Adams winter beer (sampler)anchor brewing christmas beeranderson valley brewing christmas beersierra nevada celebration ale5 other big bottles of craft beer
    If there's a natural disaster, we're set for sugar, fat and alcohol.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_anyone-around-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:28dd0e5c-f663-4570-bbdd-7927a822ed5cPost:36248337-17ba-47ec-848d-3296f79cd8f4">Re: Anyone around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]You guys are killing me. It's so hot here, even the flies are too lazy to fly away from harm.  I just killed two with nothing more than a rolled up piece of newpaper.  Dummies just sat there...
    Posted by aMrsin09[/QUOTE]

You mean with all the talk of snow? Or just the random crap in the thread?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_anyone-around-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:28dd0e5c-f663-4570-bbdd-7927a822ed5cPost:07924075-394e-4e11-9e6f-cddc696b9ce8">Re: Anyone around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I live on a small Island in Puget Sound and when people here hear snowstorm on the news they go crazy and flock to the grocery store to stock up. But then again there are only 2 ways off of this Island by bridge and by ferry. The snowstorm we had the week of Thanksgiving it took people 6 hours to go just under 7 miles to get off the island. Thank god the ferry system runs using generators when there is no power or it would be a pain to get off the island.
    Posted by Ciaram22[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Do you HAVE to get off the island, though? Can't you just stock up and stay home?</div>
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    the talk of snow :-(
  • Options
    Yeah, the snow storm was pretty crazy though, some of my friends were plowed into their driveways with 5 ft drifts in front of their doors so they couldn't even get out to shovel....it was nuts.

I've heard good things about 30 day shred as well. I am cautious to try it though because every time I buy a video I end up using it once and then forgetting about it. We have a gym in our apt complex but the hallway that it is located in is also the location of a "dorm" hall for a local community college (really wish I would have known that before moving in...it's a nightmare), and so there are always obnoxious 18yr olds sitting in the sauna or hot tub watching people work out. It's weird.
  • Options
    I can stock up and stay home but 95% of the people I work with have to get off the Island. I only live about a half mile from the store. We left our car parked at the apartment and walked to work everyday while we had snow. Its just the snow makes the people on the island go crazy and last time most of our freight loads to the store were cancelled because once they got 60 orders behind at the warehouse they gave up so we ran out of product. If we get stuck here things take 10 times longer to get here so the 2 grocery stores we have for 25,000+ people would run out.
    Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App
  • Options
    That food sounds delicious mery. Did you make all of the desserts and hor'dourves?

We use the gym in our apt complex, too. It is actually pretty decent, even though I have seen better and worse. It is usually pretty dead, esp if I am able to go right when I get home from work since I don't work a full day usually. That is creepy, I would definitely not be able to work out with people just hanging out near/around a gym.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_anyone-around-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:28dd0e5c-f663-4570-bbdd-7927a822ed5cPost:278f2aa5-38b8-4377-8a10-04c5c4f1a566">Re: Anyone around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]That food sounds delicious mery. Did you make all of the desserts and hor'dourves? We use the gym in our apt complex, too. It is actually pretty decent, even though I have seen better and worse. It is usually pretty dead, esp if I am able to go right when I get home from work since I don't work a full day usually. That is creepy, I would definitely not be able to work out with people just hanging out near/around a gym.
    Posted by MissySue20[/QUOTE]

Yeah ours is pretty decent too, and for a while before the school semester started, (I moved in early August), I was usually the only one in the room. But once Sept came, all of a sudden there were these obnoxious people coming in and out. Once my FI and I started working out together, and sometimes this guy would come in, with JEANS and a sweatshirt on, text on his phone and try to discreetly snort cocaine while he biked for a while. I mean SERIOUSLY? I don't know why he thought he was being all sneaky...who works out with baggy jeans on? This makes my apt sound super sketchy. lol. It's not really, just that hallway is ridiculous.
  • Options
    We tried P90X and we did not like it.  We just got "Your Shape" for the Kinect so that is our new workout regime.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    @aMrsin09 -- My friend studied abroad in Queensland last year, and she said she was amazed at how much nicer everyone was than in the US. True or no?
  • Options
    I know what you mean. There used to be a guy here last summer that would come in when I would work out during the morning (bc I used to work 2nd shift) to our gym and work out with jean shorts on and a belt and all. I told H about it and he thought it was creepy and he was just either showing off how being all manly or checking out any ladies (or me) that came in. I stopped going when I thought he would be there.
  • Options

I have a pineapple recipe that doesn't involve cheese if anyone's still looking for something.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_anyone-around-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:28dd0e5c-f663-4570-bbdd-7927a822ed5cPost:da1aa852-2d39-44ef-a4bb-a8ab13a8a35a">Re: Anyone around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]@aMrsin09 -- My friend studied abroad in Queensland last year, and she said she was amazed at how much nicer everyone was than in the US. True or no?
    Posted by musicalsunlight[/QUOTE]

<div>I don't live in Australia, but when I was there I found that to be VERY true.</div>
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_anyone-around-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:28dd0e5c-f663-4570-bbdd-7927a822ed5cPost:1bd9aaeb-3bbd-4934-a7f0-bdd267232b41">Re: Anyone around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have a pineapple recipe that doesn't involve cheese if anyone's still looking for something.
    Posted by strlzfan11[/QUOTE]

Can you PM it to me? I honestly didn't even give it much thought when I got it from our friend. Now that I think about it, it does sound a little un-appetizing.

Edit: you don't have to PM it, you can just post it
  • Options
    I don't know why people think that is anything but creepy! Maybe people are just ok with being a creepster, My FI tried to become friends with some of the students down that way (we are young too, 22 and 23, so he thought he'd give them a chance...much nicer than me!) and just couldn't handle how immature they were. I just find it weird that the school was able to lease out a normal apt building hallway for a dorm. They even have RA's and stuff. And then in my hallway there are old people and families. It's very disjointed.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_anyone-around-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:28dd0e5c-f663-4570-bbdd-7927a822ed5cPost:da1aa852-2d39-44ef-a4bb-a8ab13a8a35a">Re: Anyone around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]@aMrsin09 -- My friend studied abroad in Queensland last year, and she said she was amazed at how much nicer everyone was than in the US. True or no?
    Posted by musicalsunlight[/QUOTE]

TRUE. 

But it can become annoying as hell.  Everyone wants to "chat".  I dont care if I have nothing to do, sitting at home watching TV is 100xs better than standing in a checkout line for 10 minutes chatting with the teller. And everyone says HI to everyone on the street whether they know them or not.

I was here for 3 months before we moved to France (and then back here) and I couldn't wait until I was able to be "rude" to people again ;-)

And I don't think that Americans are "rude",  just that we have places to go and things to do and our own "laundry to mind" KWIM?
  • Options
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anyone around? : Can you PM it to me? I honestly didn't even give it much thought when I got it from our friend. Now that I think about it, it does sound a little un-appetizing. Edit: you don't have to PM it, you can just post it
    Posted by MissySue20[/QUOTE]

YGPM....but my SN in PMs is different for some reason.
  • Options
    Thank you so much. Do you think I could still put the Ritz cracker crumb topping on it like the one I already have calls for?
  • Options
    Missy Sue, post that!

Share the love!
  • Options
    Haha, that is funny because that is EXACTLY what my friend said. She said something along the lines of "They will talk to you for hours and hours even if they don't know you! It's weird!"

I can see why it would be really annoying though. When I worked at a bank, I always got a little weirded out by the customers who would sit at my window for a while and just tell their life story. I agree that most of the time we just have our agendas, etc to attend to. Although I have heard differences among regions in the US. A friend of mine, whom I met through school, is from AZ and commented that the saying "Minnesota Nice" is really true because people are so much more "smiley" and gracious around here. I guess I don't really notice.
  • Options
    I don't see why not.  I've never tried it before.
  • Options
    Baked Pineapple

I cup sugar
    2 tbl cornstarch
    2 eggs
    1 can crushed pineapple
    1 can pineapple chunks (drained)

Mix everything and bake at 350 for an hour or until it no longer looks runny.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_anyone-around-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:28dd0e5c-f663-4570-bbdd-7927a822ed5cPost:8ca9eeec-dcfa-4502-8564-03f75c82d37e">Re: Anyone around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Baked Pineapple I cup sugar 2 tbl cornstarch 2 eggs 1 can crushed pineapple 1 can pineapple chunks (drained) Mix everything and bake at 350 for an hour or until it no longer looks runny.
    Posted by strlzfan11[/QUOTE]
    Hmmm, that looks promising.

MissySue, I think I would try a crumbed topping (butter, sugar, cinammon maybe add some chopped pecans) towards the end of baking instead of the Ritz Crackers.
  • Options
    Yum, that sounds delicious.

I may just go crazy as I listen to FI and my brother talk into xbox live headsets to other players. They get a bizarre pleasure out of inventing accents for every game that starts. Ok it sounds a little more amusing when I type it out.
  • Options
    Beach - I was lazy today and didn't work out at all.  But then again, I was only home for about 2 hours and during that time I showered, did my hair, and put together a cheese and cracker tray to take to a party.
  • Options
    I am pretty proud of myself that I actually did the workout just now.  Staying on the couch was awfully tempting.  I don't think I've over fucked off a person on TV as much as I did just now.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Strlzfan, how far in advance can that be made?

Is it served warm, cold or room temp?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards