Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

New Years Eve - Let us get the party started!

Re: New Years Eve - Let us get the party started!

• Options
    Yeah it was pretty fun. There were obligatory penis straws which were pretty funny. I also had a sash and tiara, which I was weirdly excited about lol.
  • Options
    MuSu - that sounds perfect, and like a lot of fun!
  • Options
    It was totally perfect for my group of friends. :) I think I'm gonna go take a nap haha we didn't get much sleep.
  • Options
    I  woke up at 4 am today, made coffee, watched TV (there's nothing on at 4 AM) and finally went back to bed for a nap at 8sh.

I got an amazing amount done in those AM hours with no one to interupt me.

Now, if I'm going to make midnight, I need another nap ;)
  • Options
    Haha, MuSu, that sounds like a great bach party! I would probably be weirdly excited about having a tiara, too.

FI and I are sitting in the airport (free WiFi! Gotta love Jackson) waiting for our delayed plane. Bah. When we get back to MD and my parents house we're probably going to clean and then be lazy around the house. Apparently my mom wants to go into B'more to watch fireworks, but I'm not sure I'm up for the crowds.
  • Options
    Hi and bye OOT.  Enjoy your nap.

Lisa - Jackson WY?  My brother lived there until about September when he moved to Denver.  He really liked it.
  • Options
    Sounds like you had a lot of fun, Musu.  

OOT, I might need to follow your lead. I'm not sure I'll make it to midnight without a nap.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • Options
    GAH!!!

For THREE WEEKS I've been told we'll be closing at 6 PM tonight. FI and I have people coming over at 7 tonight...

... so what did I just find out? The GM told the salespeople in the morning meeting this morning that, no, it's likely we'll be staying until 8. WHAT.THE.FVCK.

This is after I was told for 2 weeks that I'd be off at 4 this past Monday and ended up having to work until 6. I don't mind the later hours or working them - just freaking TELL ME OFF THE BAT so I can make plans accordingly.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_new-years-eve-let-party-started?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:d519f47b-166f-42e7-bd28-eaa75ee0baf5Post:d51cd1a0-a93c-40a8-9ea2-31faa71fbf55">Re: New Years Eve - Let us get the party started!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm sort of here too. Recovering from my bach party.
    Posted by musicalsunlight[/QUOTE]

musical, you're too pretty to even look bad hungover!

Have a bloody mary on me :)
  • Options
    I'm here! I am cleaning my messy house and then I need to go to the store. We're having one of my good friends and her H and 5 year old over. I really don't know what  to make for dinner.
  • Options
    ANNNND I just got an email from one of the school systems saying my background check was never received. My university's office was responsible for sending it... we were instructed to get new ones in late September; in early October, I got an e-mail from my university's clinical placement office stating that, because my last background check was recent, I didn't need a new one (I saved the e-mail) and when I turned in the other paperwork necessary in mid-October, I clarified that my bkg check was on file and would be sent with the rest of the stuff I was turning in - "Yep, that's what will happen!"

Seriously. How friggin' hard is it to follow through!? I didn't get placed in this particular district, so it's not THAT big of a deal. However, if I go to apply there in the future, it would be nice to have all of my paperwork turned in and ON TIME so it doesn't reflect poorly on me as an applicant when I had no control over it in this situation. GRRR!
  • Options
    That is really crappy Kelly. I'm sorry!
    Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App
  • Options
    Oh my goodness C. CUTE picture!
  • Options
    I love it. He was really cooperative this time with his photo.
  • Options
    NickiveganNickivegan member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Kelly sorry you are having a crappy day. I have killer cramps, so it could always be worse. I need to eat. And bake. Brownie batter might make me feel better.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    OMG THE LITTLE MONSTER is so cute C.
  • Options
    Nicki, I can sympathize with the cramps. I had really bad ones on Wednesday I was nearly bent over at the waist.
  • Options
    Cramps are the worst. I still need to shower today.
  • Options
    Little monster is enjoying his blueberry/pear mixture this afternoon.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am at te point where I can't function with them. I have to get on BCP or a morphine drip would be nice. I doubt I can get the drip, so to the doctor I go next week. I might throw up. Not how I want to ring in the new year, uterus. Did you make the blueberries?
  • Options
    I used frozen pears and blueberries and threw them in my magic bullet and blended them. He loves them.
  • Options
    Sorry you're dealing with cramps Nicki... that's not a fun way to ring in the new year.  AF arrived yesterday for me so I'm feeling kinda icky too. 
  • Options
    Wow we must all be on ours. This is weird.
  • Options
    Sounds yummy C :).
  • Options
    Nicki - BC helped my cramps a lot. I also used to have a prescription cramp medicine. I'm worried about how bad the cramps will be since I am now on an IUD. Not looking forward to it.

Instead of unpacking or doing needed cleaning, I just went through all my clothes and filled up 3 large bags to take to goodwill. I don't want to admit it in front of FI but I think I have too many clothes.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I want to play with the Little Monster ***. Usually helps. Also, be prepared for drunken updates later. No crazy AF is going to get in the way of my partying. Shower time. Sulking in the bed with the fatcat can only last 4 hours, I need to move. HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Edited:
    typos (father? no I am not cuddling in bed with dad, but the FAT CAT. stupid autocorrect)
    and naughtyness.
  • Options
    Can women sync up through the internet?  LOL.
  • Options
    Have fun Nicki! Hope you feel better.
  • Options
    Nicki I have no problems with your intended activities, but for your own internet security, I might suggest deleting your sentence about the stuff you were planning to do. You never know when it could come back and get you in trouble. People have gotten into trouble for things said on TK before. Just a thought. :)
  • Options
    Sorry about the cramps :( I had those last week...

Ciara - holy cow, I don't think Edmund could be any freaking cuter!

I know things could be much worse. I guess I'm just frustrated... and I registered for a major certification exam I need to take. I thought today was the cut-off for regular registration. Nope - it was yesterday. So I screwed up and cost myself an extra $30. Dang!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards