Snarky Brides

Woah. Apparently the new change really did affect TK

Re: Woah. Apparently the new change really did affect TK

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_woah-apparently-the-new-change-really-did-affect-tk?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:afba2b8d-1c1e-4405-9c73-58d014487851Post:65db14ad-252a-4690-ab67-dfbf95af90e6">Re: Woah. Apparently the new change really did affect TK</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>I can see her point about finances unexpectedly taking a hit. My savings account was wiped out because of Whisky's medicine, visits, and biopsies. But I'd never give him up and I'd be pissed the fvck off if someone tried to chastize me for having a pet with little money. </strong>That being said, if I had no money to begin with, then getting a pet would be the stupidest thing ever and I'd expect to be admonished for it. I am a big advocate for always vaccinating too. You never know what could happen.
    Posted by Seshat411[/QUOTE]

Right. But the difference is that you ARE taking care of him. She's saying she can't take her cats to the vet to rule out a UTI. That coupled with her hatred of them 'destroying her house' (i.e. acting like cats), and she's an idiot. ;)
  • From what I gather halfway through that thread, she's a nitwit and her cats are assholes. She's not ready to be a parent.
    25 in 2012 Reading Progress: 11/25 (44% toward goal)
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • I'm not a huge fan of telling people how to spend their money either, and Sesh, nobody could say that you never thought things through when you got Sir Whisky.  But it really, REALLY chafes me when idiots adopt pets and don't think it through or care for them.  I hate the whole "cats aren't kids, if it's not working out then get rid of them" thing.  Maybe that was just the way my dad brought me up, but I was taught that if you take an animal in, you are responsible for that animal's wellbeing, come hell or high water.  Animals can't verbalize their needs, they can't feed or provide for themselves, they can't heal themselves if they get injured or sick. 

I took a cat in back in '07.  If I had been expecting a cuddly sweet kitty, I would have been sorely disappointed.  Tempest didn't warm to me until about two years after I took her in.  She didn't even want to be petted, that's how independent-minded she was.  Now, five years later, she's very cuddly, but it took her a very long time to reach that point.  She didn't warm up to H until about a year ago.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• amys325amys325 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_woah-apparently-the-new-change-really-did-affect-tk?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:afba2b8d-1c1e-4405-9c73-58d014487851Post:47dcf1df-aad8-4d38-998a-4ca8bf38f88d">Re: Woah. Apparently the new change really did affect TK</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Woah. Apparently the new change really did affect TK : not at all. There is a (very real) danger to coming in contact with cat poop. IF they are outdoor cats and there's a chance they've eaten mice.  Something toxic in the actual mice. Another one of those pregnancy things that is super rare but people hone in on as a DANGER DANGER. ;) (Like lunch meat.)
    Posted by Steph+J[/QUOTE]

<div>This is good to know, but when I get pregnant, I'm just telling H that it is dangerous so he will start cleaning out the litterbox.</div><div>
    </div><div>I have a friend (one of my best friends) who put her cat down for no good reason and I judge her hardcore for that.  She made up a ton of excuses, but in the end, she just didn't want to deal with it.  Now she's pregnant.  And I know she'll be a good parent, but I can't believe she was able to just discard her loving pet like that.</div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_woah-apparently-the-new-change-really-did-affect-tk?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:afba2b8d-1c1e-4405-9c73-58d014487851Post:aba3a2d8-97aa-4fb2-ad58-5ac2e80f6ee2">Re: Woah. Apparently the new change really did affect TK</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Woah. Apparently the new change really did affect TK : Right. But the difference is that you ARE taking care of him. She's saying she can't take her cats to the vet to rule out a UTI. That coupled with her hatred of them 'destroying her house' (i.e. acting like cats), and she's an idiot. ;)

Exactly. I bet that if her baby possibly had a UTI and she had to pay for a pediatrician visit, she'd be there in 2 seconds, but because they're cats, it's ok to make them suffer? WTF?
    25 in 2012 Reading Progress: 11/25 (44% toward goal)
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_woah-apparently-the-new-change-really-did-affect-tk?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:afba2b8d-1c1e-4405-9c73-58d014487851Post:7b27de1c-0d58-4481-bf2a-7c74b5477354">Re: Woah. Apparently the new change really did affect TK</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Woah. Apparently the new change really did affect TK : This is good to know, but when I get pregnant, I'm just telling H that it is dangerous so he will start cleaning out the litterbox.

I have a friend (one of my best friends) who put her cat down for no good reason and I judge her hardcore for that.  She made up a ton of excuses, but in the end, she just didn't want to deal with it.  Now she's pregnant.  And I know she'll be a good parent, but I can't believe she was able to just discard her loving pet like that.
    Posted by amys325[/QUOTE]

The first paragraph- meh. Use it as an excuse still ;) There's some validity to it, right? FWIW, that's why I make H clean up the dog poop. The dogs eat freaking mice/moles/voles/rabbits/etc, and I'm assuming the same issue comes up with dogs as cats? If not, oh well! haha

and the second paragraph kind of makes me want to cry.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_woah-apparently-the-new-change-really-did-affect-tk?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:afba2b8d-1c1e-4405-9c73-58d014487851Post:aede3a9a-0b67-47c3-8d98-68985bd1fc22">Re: Woah. Apparently the new change really did affect TK</a>:
    [QUOTE]You guys ever see that show Infested?  The ones where bats infest the house creep the shiit out of me.  And usually they tell the homeowners some shiit like "Oh, we're sorry, this is a protected species of bat and your house is its habitat.  There is nothing we can do, they have to stay."  For real?  I would LEGIT roll some heads if someone ever said that to me.  Fucking bats in my house, they are LEAVING, I don't give a gnarly fuuck if they're special bats.
    Posted by AllAboutTheBenjamin[/QUOTE]

WTF! I didn't know that was a show. I would freak the fvck out if there was an infestation in my house. I get chills just thinking about spiders.
    imageVacation
  • Ben and I are not rich by any means, and it definitely sucks when Lucy gets sick and needs an expensive trip to the vet, but FFS, that is PART of having a fucking pet.  Living costs money, and living also means you're gonna get sick sometimes and need to go to the doctor.  Pets are no different.  She mentions later in the thread that they don't have credit cards, either.  If you do not have ANY money, how in the fluck do you pay for shiit that comes up in an emergency?  Because if we can't use our paycheck or our savings, we use our credit cards.  Sure, the interest sucks but you have to pay for shiit, you know?
    panther
  • ErinG93ErinG93 member
    First Comment
    Amy, that's so sad. :(
  • edited May 2012
    Oh, I see. I only skimmed. That OP was massive.

That's what CareCredit is for. It's not ideal, but it's better than your pet being in pain.
  • My sister adopted a cat that was wandering the streets in the town where we went to college.  I picked him up and his owner came out and said "Do you want him?  We took him in but he just pees everywhere so we kicked him out."  My sister took him to the vet and, yup, he just needed to be neutered.  He's never sprayed again.  I hate people.  Oh well, their loss, her gain.

• ok I finally got through most of that thread while I ate lunch- wtf is the matter with her. She is a stupid moron.

What scares me is this: if she treats them so shitty now, what will happen when she has her baby and even less money/patience/time to deal with them?

Now With Pro Pics&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbspOur Wedding Highlights!&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    my book shelf:
    Steph N's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_woah-apparently-the-new-change-really-did-affect-tk?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:afba2b8d-1c1e-4405-9c73-58d014487851Post:bf1e44aa-24fc-45ce-a1b9-15fbf78e4e42">Re: Woah. Apparently the new change really did affect TK</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Woah. Apparently the new change really did affect TK : WTF! I didn't know that was a show. I would freak the fvck out if there was an infestation in my house. I get chills just thinking about spiders.
    Posted by brandichamberlain[/QUOTE]

Dude you would die if you watched that show.  The houses that get infested with bats are fucking scary.  The bats usually take up residence in the attic, so they shiit EVERYWHERE up there, and since you can't go up there to clean it up it just accumulates.  In one home the poop and urine would start soaking through the ceiling and running down the walls.  This poor family had a couple small kids and the wife was pregnant so they all had to move out while the dad suffered through it.  They had to wait several months before the bats migrated out and then they were allowed to plug up the holes in the attic, but until they left, they had to just deal with it.
    panther
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_woah-apparently-the-new-change-really-did-affect-tk?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:afba2b8d-1c1e-4405-9c73-58d014487851Post:5c251aec-dc30-4209-88a2-7b3de1c29354">Re: Woah. Apparently the new change really did affect TK</a>:
    [QUOTE]My sister adopted a cat that was wandering the streets in the town where we went to college.  I picked him up and his owner came out and said "Do you want him?  We took him in but he just pees everywhere so <strong>we kicked him out."</strong>  My sister took him to the vet and, yup, he just needed to be neutered.  He's never sprayed again.  I hate people.  Oh well, their loss, her gain.
    Posted by baystateapple[/QUOTE]

How can someone say that they just "kicked him out"? That is just hearless.
    imageVacation
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_woah-apparently-the-new-change-really-did-affect-tk?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:afba2b8d-1c1e-4405-9c73-58d014487851Post:96cea181-8ced-4444-84df-3c06bc65fa49">Re: Woah. Apparently the new change really did affect TK</a>:
    [QUOTE]ok I finally got through most of that thread while I ate lunch- wtf is the matter with her. She is a stupid moron.<strong> What scares me is this: if she treats them so shitty now, what will happen when she has her baby and even less money/patience/time to deal with them?</strong>
    Posted by Starmusica[/QUOTE]
    Yeah, this.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_woah-apparently-the-new-change-really-did-affect-tk?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:afba2b8d-1c1e-4405-9c73-58d014487851Post:5b0bbf13-90fc-4c10-8e46-1867b73e1368">Re: Woah. Apparently the new change really did affect TK</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Woah. Apparently the new change really did affect TK : Dude you would die if you watched that show.  The houses that get infested with bats are fucking scary.  The bats usually take up residence in the attic, so they shiit EVERYWHERE up there, and since you can't go up there to clean it up it just accumulates.  In one home the poop and urine would start soaking through the ceiling and running down the walls.  This poor family had a couple small kids and the wife was pregnant so they all had to move out while the dad suffered through it.  They had to wait several months before the bats migrated out and then they were allowed to plug up the holes in the attic, but until they left, they had to just deal with it.
    Posted by AllAboutTheBenjamin[/QUOTE]

FFS, there is no way to safely remove them from the house?  I just don't understand how we can say that these bats are more important than the health of a family. KWIM?
    imageVacation
  • amys325amys325 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_woah-apparently-the-new-change-really-did-affect-tk?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:afba2b8d-1c1e-4405-9c73-58d014487851Post:1fdd5c11-9df3-45d0-832b-4d62a5189258">Re: Woah. Apparently the new change really did affect TK</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Woah. Apparently the new change really did affect TK : The first paragraph- meh. Use it as an excuse still ;) There's some validity to it, right? FWIW, that's why I make H clean up the dog poop. The dogs eat freaking mice/moles/voles/rabbits/etc, and I'm assuming the same issue comes up with dogs as cats? If not, oh well! haha and the second paragraph kind of makes me want to cry.
    <div>
    </div><div>I've been friends with this girl for 25+ years and I couldn't believe she would do that.  I tried to talk her out of it and even tried to find someone else to take him, but I live in Chicago and she lives in Cleveland and I couldn't find anyone.  </div><div>
    </div><div>My cat (Bob) was a complete jerk when he was a kitten.  He broke my TV, killed my plant, ruined my couch, etc., but I knew that was a possibility when I got him.</div><div>
    </div><div>Same with my dog (Nera).  She has ruined stuff, but it's kind of what puppies do.  </div><div>
    </div><div>I love my animals. </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_woah-apparently-the-new-change-really-did-affect-tk?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:afba2b8d-1c1e-4405-9c73-58d014487851Post:71505707-ece1-487a-a174-9c8a003a5caf">Re: Woah. Apparently the new change really did affect TK</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Woah. Apparently the new change really did affect TK : FFS, there is no way to safely remove them from the house? <strong> I just don't understand how we can say that these bats are more important than the health of a family.</strong> KWIM?
    Posted by brandichamberlain[/QUOTE]

Ha, the same excuse is used as to why we can't drain the lake that's flooding my hometown into its natural outflow - into a river.  Apparently there is biota in the lake that is not in the river so the lake water would wreck the river.  Meanwhile literally hundreds of people have lost their homes and hundreds of thousands of acres of farmland is flooded.

But yeah I know what you mean.  Wildlife people are pretty serious.  Special bats are special.
    panther
  • We went to the pet store to pick up some fish stuff when I was home and they had some cats up for adoption. There was this adorable little orange kitten I was playing with. When we were leaving the guy was like, "Just $40 to adopt!" and I said no, I had a cat at home that took up all my time and money.

We got to talking about the cancer and all and he said, "Well, get that little guy over there and he can be the replacement for when the other cat's time comes. And he doesn't require medicine." I was pissed. I get that he was trying to adopt the cat out, but still. The kitten was adorable but he'd never be a replacement. I hate that mentality as well, that you can just replace pets.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_woah-apparently-the-new-change-really-did-affect-tk?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:afba2b8d-1c1e-4405-9c73-58d014487851Post:121d573a-3b53-497f-9d00-4827e4af3c08">Re: Woah. Apparently the new change really did affect TK</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Woah. Apparently the new change really did affect TK : This shows you are not ready to be a parent. 
    Posted by djhar[/QUOTE]

touche.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_woah-apparently-the-new-change-really-did-affect-tk?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:afba2b8d-1c1e-4405-9c73-58d014487851Post:ce86ce2d-d5cc-4e0e-9e10-d4dd117e55bc">Re: Woah. Apparently the new change really did affect TK</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Woah. Apparently the new change really did affect TK : I've been friends with this girl for 25+ years and I couldn't believe she would do that.  I tried to talk her out of it and even tried to find someone else to take him, but I live in Chicago and she lives in Cleveland and I couldn't find anyone.   My cat (Bob) was a complete jerk when he was a kitten.  He broke my TV, killed my plant, ruined my couch, etc., <strong>but I knew that was a possibility when I got him. Same with my dog (Nera).  She has ruined stuff, but it's kind of what puppies do.   I love my animals. </strong>

and this is why you are not a jerk like TB poster. ALL animals have jerk moments- so do humans! I adore my kitties and last night one of them barfed on our carpet outside the bathroom. It sucked. It happens. We cleaned it up and moved on.

Now With Pro Pics&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbspOur Wedding Highlights!&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp

my book shelf:
    Steph N's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_woah-apparently-the-new-change-really-did-affect-tk?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:afba2b8d-1c1e-4405-9c73-58d014487851Post:fa2ad368-190a-4203-979d-bbd91846f53c">Re: Woah. Apparently the new change really did affect TK</a>:
    [QUOTE]We went to the pet store to pick up some fish stuff when I was home and they had some cats up for adoption. There was this adorable little orange kitten I was playing with. When we were leaving the guy was like, "Just $40 to adopt!" and I said no, I had a cat at home that took up all my time and money. We got to talking about the cancer and all and he said, "Well, get that little guy over there and he can be the replacement for when the other cat's time comes. And he doesn't require medicine." I was pissed. I get that he was trying to adopt the cat out, but still. The kitten was adorable but he'd never be a replacement. I hate that mentality as well, that you can just replace pets.
    Posted by Seshat411[/QUOTE]
    What a jerk.

Anyone who has ever loved a pet knows that they're irreplaceable.  You may love another animal, but you can't replace the one you lost, ever.

• I know what you mean Sesh.  That was kind of harsh of that guy to say.  Ben and I have talked about someday getting a puppy when Lucy is really old, but it's mostly because it will help a little with the loss to have a dog around instead of being completely alone.  But the new puppy could never replace Lucy :(
    panther
  • amys325amys325 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_woah-apparently-the-new-change-really-did-affect-tk?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:afba2b8d-1c1e-4405-9c73-58d014487851Post:96cea181-8ced-4444-84df-3c06bc65fa49">Re: Woah. Apparently the new change really did affect TK</a>:
    [QUOTE]ok I finally got through most of that thread while I ate lunch- wtf is the matter with her. She is a stupid moron. <strong>What scares me is this: if she treats them so shitty now, what will happen when she has her baby and even less money/patience/time to deal with them?</strong>
    Posted by Starmusica[/QUOTE]

<div>Yes, this x100.</div><div>
    </div><div>Not saying that this is completely irresponsible, but there are SO many people on my FB that just had a baby and got a brand spanking new puppy or are pregnant and just got a puppy.</div><div>
    </div><div>After having our puppy for a year (she just turned 1 a few months ago), I can't imagine being able to devote enough time/energy/money to the puppy and the baby.  It blows my mind.</div><div>
    </div><div>Our dog will only be around 2-3 years old when we finally start having babies (well hopefully), but it's been a tough year training her and devoting enough time to her.</div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div>
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_woah-apparently-the-new-change-really-did-affect-tk?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:afba2b8d-1c1e-4405-9c73-58d014487851Post:e288b34a-9c1c-499c-bebc-fa42f3b5dec3">Re: Woah. Apparently the new change really did affect TK</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Woah. Apparently the new change really did affect TK : Yes, this x100. Not saying that this is completely irresponsible, but there are SO many people on my FB that just had a baby and got a brand spanking new puppy or are pregnant and just got a puppy. After having our puppy for a year (she just turned 1 a few months ago), I can't imagine being able to devote enough time/energy/money to the puppy and the baby.  It blows my mind. Our dog will only be around 2-3 years old when we finally start having babies (well hopefully), but it's been a tough year training her and devoting enough time to her.

Haha definitely: ALL of this.
    panther
  • Steph- I just read that thread and loved the come back, "So sue me." 

Hilarious. She sounds like my 5th graders.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_woah-apparently-the-new-change-really-did-affect-tk?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:afba2b8d-1c1e-4405-9c73-58d014487851Post:1b4cdb27-bd0f-48cc-a3f2-91895dae0642">Re: Woah. Apparently the new change really did affect TK</a>:
    [QUOTE]My cats were being such jerks yesterday. They're like little kids. Sunday when I got home from urgent care and just wanted to rest, they were getting into EVERYTHING that they know they're not allowed to. Last night, they were just being whiny.  Even when I put them to bed (in the same room as always), Leo decided it was time to cry like I was killing him.  Then when I couldn't sleep, I went and got him so he'd a) shut up and b) cuddle with me.   He's a character. He's totally like a kid. If I don't give him enough attention, he starts acting out to get attention.  
    Posted by djhar[/QUOTE]

how are you feeling?

cats CAN act like spoiled toddlers sometimes. Ours are the whiniest animals in existence. It's seriously insane how much of the day they spend crying over nothing. I even went as far as to ask the vet if they were in pain or something. Apparently they are perfectly healthy. They simply get upset if we are not looking at them or touching them every moment we are in the house.

my book shelf:
  • My dog is a holy terror and does something every single day, but I still love her and treat her like a princess.

We adopted her from a good friend and she is always asking me if I want to change my mind and give her back.  No, I don't. I adopted her for a reason.

imageVacation
  •   I took a cat in back in '07.  If I had been expecting a cuddly sweet kitty, I would have been sorely disappointed.  Tempest didn't warm to me until about two years after I took her in.  She didn't even want to be petted , that's how independent-minded she was.  Now, five years later, she's very cuddly, but it took her a very long time to reach that point.  She didn't warm up to H until about a year ago.
    Posted by baystateapple[/QUOTE]

Hi Ladies! Lurker here. Wanted to jump in regarding pets. I feel the same way, you take them in, you take care of them. My current cats are rescues. Babygirl (the mama) will be 14 this year :( and is currently on anti-seizure meds. The other cat, twizzler (fatbaby) was found in the entryway of the building I lived in (turns out my stepdad put him there as it was winter). This cat turned out to be EVIL but I kept him and 2 years ago he was diagnosed with diabetes(he's 10ish). So, I give him insulin shots everyday! He's still an alpha male but we get along now. LOL!

BTW, the parasite that's found in cat poop is toxoplasmosis.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_woah-apparently-the-new-change-really-did-affect-tk?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:afba2b8d-1c1e-4405-9c73-58d014487851Post:fa2d098a-7421-42ec-99af-750e248523cd">Re: Woah. Apparently the new change really did affect TK</a>:
    [QUOTE]Star, I'm starting to feel better in some ways. Worse in some, since I'm coughing more, but that's actually a good sign! I've noticed Leo (older cat) has jealousy issues. Last night, I think part of his crying was that he thought Leia was getting attention and was out with us. In reality, she was just hiding in a different room than usual. So I think he thought I'd put him to bed and was keeping her with us. Their new thing is they think anytime I'm in the kitchen, they should get a treat. Obviously, this is not the case. I love them so much though. :)
    Posted by djhar[/QUOTE]

Whenever we go to the bedroom, Whisky hightails it onto the bed and waits for treats (he gets treats at night). Most of the time, he is sorely disappointed but he'll wait on the bed for awhile before giving up.

He's also really, really loud now that he's deaf. H and I were at my event last Saturday and my mom calls all panicky thinking he was sick. She held out the phone and was like, "Listen! He's howling! Is he in pain? Why won't he stop?" She didn't believe me when I said he does that now, so just give him some food and he'll shut up.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards