Wedding Etiquette Forum

Night thread.

Re: Night thread.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_night-thread-16?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:4ad8369a-0981-49d5-acf0-9adbdfb736cbPost:0703eef0-d39c-4a33-8381-49236002faa8">Re: Night thread.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Night thread. : I found the deal of all deals you guys. It is a 2008 Kia Spectra in baby blue, manual transmission, only 52K miles and only $6K. I will forever hold out for months while car shopping if this is my payout.  Also, I love cupcakes but I don't like cake. I think cupcakes are cute so they fit into my weird habit of eating cute things even if I don't like them too much. 
    Posted by GloriosusEtLiber[/QUOTE]

That sounds awesome. I actually have a Kia Spectra, the hatchback version.  They're great cars.  Congrats on finding such a fantastic deal! I hope you enjoy your new Spectra as much as I do mine.
    Anniversary
  • I know going without shampoo for a while is supposed to make it so that less oil gets produced between washes later but my hair would be so disgusting that I would have to be a hermit for that time.
  • In Response to Re:Night thread.:[QUOTE]In Response to Re:Night thread.NickiveganPbbbbbtttttthhhhhhhI did! Work that day. : Posted by EaglesBride2012[/QUOTE] Well shucks. Elliot is going to a Giants Pre season game in two weeks with his brother, and tickets are only 25. I can get behind that. When I saw the Eagles at the Patriots I figured we could have a nice romantic unsportsmanlike date! Another time I guess.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Well, you don't just completely stop washing your hair, sillies.  YOu use baking soda.  It's supposed to be great for oily.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • I never (hardly ever) wash my hair.  It makes it too frizzy.  I use conditioner everyday.  Tell me more about this no'poo please,
  • Petal, YGPM back.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_night-thread-16?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:4ad8369a-0981-49d5-acf0-9adbdfb736cbPost:7121b6ee-b37a-4545-832c-be6aff587c10">Re: Night thread.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I never (hardly ever) wash my hair.  It makes it too frizzy.  I use conditioner everyday.  Tell me more about this no'poo please,
    Posted by ski2play[/QUOTE]

I only wash my hair twice a week.  When I was doing no'poo, I would dissolve about 2 tablespoons of baking soda in warm water, massage it into my wet hair, leave for a few minutes and then wash it out.  I also used unrefined coconut oil for a conditioner.  Basically just on the ends and then I'd wash it out after a few minutes.  When doing this I really didn't have to use a lot of the products I normally do, and my hair was a lot softer. 
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Baking powder in the hair eh... And it doesn't look dandruffy?
  • Did you stop doing that Froggie?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • thanks froggie, I may have to try this, you have a lot of curl llike me I think?

And WHAM, your day is sneaking right up on us!  Are you getting a tad bit excited?
  • hi ladies!  I'm off tomorrow, so happily it's a 3 day weekend for me.  
    Photobucket
  • Man I just love seeing happy runners after they win. So cute.
  • I did stop it, but only because I ran out of baking soda and have been too lazy to go to the store to get more.  Heh.  Plus, I really feel like I need to use up all the bottles of shampoo I have in the house.  Once I get through, I'll probably start it back up.

And Ski, yes.  From what I've seen of pictures you've posted, we probably have fairly similar hair.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_night-thread-16?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:4ad8369a-0981-49d5-acf0-9adbdfb736cbPost:3fd43ea7-438d-40d2-8863-2cfe9f999f95">Re: Night thread.</a>:
    [QUOTE]thanks froggie, I may have to try this, you have a lot of curl llike me I think? <strong>And WHAM, your day is sneaking right up on us!  Are you getting a tad bit excited?</strong>
    Posted by ski2play[/QUOTE]

Oh, and yes!

FI just told me today that he's starting to get nervous about it.  I thought it was funny.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • we spent the last hour at work watching movie clips on youtube (we had no more patients, what else are we supposed to do?) Now I really want to watch Clue.  
    Photobucket
  • Nice KJB, I love a three day weekend.  I am only working till noon tomorrow.  Not a true half day since I will be at my desk at 6 am. 

Pirates weekend in the 1000 islands.  There will be grog to drink, planks to walk, general shenanigans, and bands, bands, bands.  I will have to wear the same costume I did last year since I didn't get around to ordering a new one.  Hope it still fits!  Yikers, got to get my but back in motion.  Come on people, motivate me. 
  • I seriously want to hug the guy who just won the 800m.
  • I'm trying to catch up but only on page 4 

Snip, Monticello is one of my favorite places on earth. LOVE!

Aleigh, your BIL/SIL sound like they are worthy of your judgement. Mine too. I'm just a judgey beyotch. 

Cupcakes = yum. Pizza = yum. The very-bad-for-me KFC I had for dinner = yum. 

Cable companies suck. I've yet to find one that actually knows what customer service is. 
  • J - YGPM again.

I'm off to bed ladies. Have a good night and great Friday!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Clue is one of my favorite movies! :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_night-thread-16?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:4ad8369a-0981-49d5-acf0-9adbdfb736cbPost:a09ef25b-7b13-469b-b348-352ce57f26f7">Re: Night thread.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm trying to catch up but only on page 4  Snip, Monticello is one of my favorite places on earth. LOVE! Aleigh, your BIL/SIL sound like they are worthy of your judgement. Mine too. I'm just a judgey beyotch.  Cupcakes = yum. Pizza = yum. The very-bad-for-me KFC I had for dinner = yum.  Cable companies suck. <strong>I've yet to find one that actually knows what customer service is. </strong>
    Posted by willywally5[/QUOTE]

I've always had excellent CS with DirecTV, though I guess they're technically not a cable company.  I've never had good CS from a "real" cable company.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_night-thread-16?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:4ad8369a-0981-49d5-acf0-9adbdfb736cbPost:9e2f1586-fd52-453e-846f-f3898de0caa4">Re: Night thread.</a>:
    [QUOTE]<a href="http://www.naturemoms.com/no-shampoo-alternative.html" rel="nofollow">http://www.naturemoms.com/no-shampoo-alternative.html</a>
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]

thanks for the additional info J, I would love to stop using mousse, etc to keep the friz down.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_night-thread-16?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:4ad8369a-0981-49d5-acf0-9adbdfb736cbPost:a8446e15-85dc-48b7-81f8-6674d13ac459">Re: Night thread.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Clue is one of my favorite movies! :)
    Posted by HockeyFan4[/QUOTE]
    Me too!  I prety much know all the words.  
    Photobucket
  • I'm off work tomorrow because they're having a training day that I don't have to go to. Why is everyone else off?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_night-thread-16?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:4ad8369a-0981-49d5-acf0-9adbdfb736cbPost:b006b56e-cd0f-49d9-a6cc-54071569ad30">Re: Night thread.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Night thread. : I've always had excellent CS with DirecTV, though I guess they're technically not a cable company.  I've never had good CS from a "real" cable company.
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]

<div>We have Midcontinent and the actual guys who come out to hook things up are great. But the CS phone bank people make me want to reach thru the phone and strangle them. </div><div>
    </div><div>I'm sorry you have to testify in court, J and Eags. Kind of stressful, I'd think. </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div>
  • i only work 3 days a week, so it's just one of my days off.
    Photobucket
  • Oh, I had MidCo when I lived in Grand Forks.  I liked them, but I only had to call once.

• I always wanted to get a group of friends together to go as the characters of Clue for Halloween.  Someday this will happen!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • 1 + 2 + 2 + 1

I love Clue.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards