September 2012 Weddings
Options

Get to know you

I've just been kinda curious, how old is everyone?  I figured I would do a poll so people don't have to "admit" their age to everyone if they don't want. 

EDIT:  That posted before I wanted it to.  I'll be 31 when we get married.  I always thought I would be married by the time I was like 22 and would have kids by 25.  But I'm glad I've done the things I've done and waited until I was older. 
Photobucket
Follow Me on Pinterest
Just because you saw it on Four Weddings, doesn't mean it's a good idea.

Re: Get to know you

• Options
    kellycatalokellycatalo member
    First Comment
    edited February 2012
    i'm 23 and i'll still be 23 when we get married. i'll turn 24 two weeks after our wedding (some of you are getting married on my bday!)

Dan is 24 and will actually be 25 when we get married. we're only 3 weeks apart birthday wise (he's a year older though), but his birthday is the week before our wedding, so he'll technically be 2 years older than me when we get married.

i guess i wasn't in a rush to get married because we don't plan on having kids for a long time. i never really thought about how old i'd be when i got married.i was really shy and awkward when i was little and i thought i'd never get married!
    Happily married since 9/1/2012!
    The Whimsical Wifey
  • Options
    edited February 2012

I'll be 29 when we're married.  My birthday is Aug 23rd.  So that will be my bach/birthday weekend.   FI will be 41 a month after.

I always wanted to be married by 26 and have a child by 30.  The last part could still happen.  I hope its around 31 though.

• Options
    I turned 31 in December and before I had my son, I never really wanted kids or marriage or any of it! lol
    Having him and discovering myself really put life into perspective for me. As much as I wish I were a younger bride, a part of me feels that FI and I needed to be this age to be 100% sure of ourselves and what we wanted for our future as man and wife. It's a state mind rather than an age, and some people can get there earlier in life and others later. When you know, you just know :)
    invitationcombo Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_get-to-know-you-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:830b2e70-df29-4e09-9f81-d8a039167b67Post:66d1fc64-3de8-481d-ae43-3148b8f16633">Get to know you</a>:
    [QUOTE]I've just been kinda curious, how old is everyone?  I figured I would do a poll so people don't have to "admit" their age to everyone if they don't want.  EDIT:  That posted before I wanted it to.  <strong>I'll be 31 when we get married.  I always thought I would be married by the time I was like 22 and would have kids by 25.  But I'm glad I've done the things I've done and waited until I was older. 
    </strong>Posted by adktd2boots[/QUOTE]
    That's me too, I'll be 31 in June and I always thought by this time I'd be married with kids, but I'm glad I waited to finish school, and then more school lol, and FI got to start his business w/out all that responsibility and we really got to know each other (we have been together for about 9 years)
  • Options
    jacquiroxxjacquiroxx member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited February 2012
    I'm 25 now and will be 26 at the end of March.  Fi just turned 25 in December.  We've been together since I was 19 and he was 18 (he turned 19 a few weeks after we made it official).  We're almost exactly 9 months apart age-wise.
  • Options
    I will be 29 when we get married and FI will be 28. I'll celebrate my B-day/Bach a week before the I Dos.

Side note: We originally wanted the 8th as our wedding date but I pushed to have it on the 15th so FI can't combine gifts/dinner for birthday and anniversary. HA!
    Sept. 2012 - March Siggy Challenge:
    Favorite Registry Item
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Junebug- June what?

FI will be 33, turns 34 almost a month later.  We got engaged in HIS birthday last October.  That one sure threw me!
    Photobucket
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I am 31, I'll be 32 when we get married. My birthday is July 20th some I am hoping my shower will be be around then :). I always wanted to get married young as well (about 23) but looking back I was no where near ready to be married then, and I didn't meet FI until I was 25. This is a perfect time for us. He will turn 34 about a month after the wedding.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_get-to-know-you-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:830b2e70-df29-4e09-9f81-d8a039167b67Post:35ed9296-b36a-42b7-a4c1-d08d3b2a2ebc">Re: Get to know you</a>:
    [QUOTE] We got engaged in HIS birthday last October.  That one sure threw me!
    Posted by adktd2boots[/QUOTE]

My FI took off on HIS birthday to buy my ring. He said he was meeting FSIL for breakfast at Cracker Barrel. (he hates Cracker Barrel)
    Sept. 2012 - March Siggy Challenge:
    Favorite Registry Item
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    I was a hyper over acheiver, I was set to gradute Pharmacy school by 23, wanted to be married @ 25 kids by 27 etc... but instead I dropped out of college, traveled, partied, moved around met crazy people did crazy things and everything worked out and I found myself and my new path and my love and I couldn't be happier!

I'll be 31 in May after leaving school and rethinking life I went through a stage wher I didn't want marriage or kids, now I'm very glad at how my 20s panned out and at 30 being an angaged homeowner talking about kids and starting our own business, along with plans to purchase another home in the next few years just feels like the natural progression for me, not because I was on an expected plan.

Sept 2012 Siggy:Bridesmaids' Dresses
    Bari Jay 911 in Raspberry
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I am 29 and I will be 29 when we get married... FI will be 32. I had to travel half way across the world to find him which is what took so much time...Also, I did have to kiss a few frogs before finding my prince...
    Until I met him I had no intention of having kids. And now I cant wait to marry him and start a family...
  • Options
    I'm 31 but turn 32 next month.  FI is 34 but will turn 35 a few weeks before we get married.  I like that we are getting married older...we are more settled in our own skin and know what we want.  We can't wait to have kids :-)
  • Options
    junebug19junebug19 member
    First Comment
    edited February 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_get-to-know-you-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:830b2e70-df29-4e09-9f81-d8a039167b67Post:60f2813b-63f7-47f8-aeed-6916a5348fd7">Re: Get to know you</a>:
    [QUOTE]I will be 29 when we get married and FI will be 28. I'll celebrate my B-day/Bach a week before the I Dos. <strong>Side note: We originally wanted the 8th as our wedding date but I pushed to have it on the 15th so FI can't combine gifts/dinner for birthday and anniversary. HA!
    </strong>Posted by Clarustin2011[/QUOTE]
    This made me lol. My parents were married on my mother's B-Day (it was her 20th so it makes the math really easy when you are trying to remember age/years married!) Everyone always jokes with my father that he was smart & only needs to remember one date!

adktd- June 19
  • Options
    I will be 10 days into 28 once the wedding comes. and FI turned 28 last week!
  • Options
    I'm 28, will be 29 in May.  My FI just turned 32 in January.  When I was a kid, I thought I'd get married and have kids young.  Well...I had my daughter when I was 18, but I definitely wasn't ready to get married.  I think when I hit 26 I finally started feeling ready to settle down and commit to one person.  I definitely wasn't ready before that. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    ok I'm feeling a lot better about my age now lol
    I thought I was such an "old" bride, but it really seems to be quite common to be married in your 30s instead of 20s. And really, my 30s are shaping up to be better than my 20s anyway ;)
  • Options
    FI and I are both 24 (he is exactly 69 days older than me).  We met in 2006 at 18 on the move-in-day for our freshman year of college, but we didn't start dating until 2009 at 21.  We were engaged in July 2011 at 23.  We will both be 24 when we get married.  FI will turn 25 exactly 1 month later in October and I will turn 25 in December 2012.

My "life plan" was to be married by 24 (just barely making it!) and then try to have kids around 27/28.  However, kids really depends on our life situation, if we own a home, if we can afford kids so we will just have to see what the future holds there.

I will say that at this point, we could never afford a wedding without my parent's.  We are very lucky.  We would either have the world's longest engagement and save up money or elope if we just HAD to get married now.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers

image 225 Invited so far!
    image 148 Are ready to party!
    image 77 Will be missing out!
    image 0 Are MIA!
  • Options
    Junebug- June 25.  You're just a few days older than me :)
    Photobucket
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I am 32 and will be 32 when I get married! :) FI is 33 and will be 34 a couple of weeks later in October.

I too thought I would be married younger like my Grandma (18-20?), Mom (21) and Sister (21)...but I'm glad I'm a little older and more established with things!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_get-to-know-you-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:830b2e70-df29-4e09-9f81-d8a039167b67Post:41c084f3-d576-4877-a70b-34c62f70adeb">Re: Get to know you</a>:
    [QUOTE]ok I'm feeling a lot better about my age now lol I thought I was such an "old" bride, but it really seems to be quite common to be married in your 30s instead of 20s. <strong>And really, my 30s are shaping up to be better than my 20s anyway ;)</strong>
    Posted by mamameech[/QUOTE]

I couldn't agree more!  My first (almost) 2 years of my 30's are far and beyond what anything in my 20's was.  I hear 30's are the new 20's :-)
  • Options
    I'm 25, no problem admitting it =] I'll be 26 when I get married. FI is 27 and will be 28 when we get married.

We weren't planning on having the wedding we're having. FI & I were going to save up & pay for what we could afford, but dad offered to pay for the venue we booked which includes food & drinks. I still sometimes think 'I wish people could have agreed to keep the wedding small & if dad felt like he wanted to, given us money towards saving for a house instead of an expensive venue' 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm glad to see many brides are around my age here! I feel so old... lol I am 32 and have a five year old daughter. I was married previously at the age of 25 but was way too young and immature to do so! FI is also 32 and was married previouisly. We feel much more prepared and ready now. Both of us did not want kids in our previous marriage (I didn't ever want kids until I had my little girl) but now we are itching to start together! I can't wait! 
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    I'm 27 and will still be 27 when we get married.  FI is 33 and won't turn 34 until November.  I always wanted to have kids before I turned 30 but I don't want to have them too close together so I'll probably push that envelope a bit.  I'm one of the younger brides on my dad's side of the family and the "old maid" of my mom's side.  I'll be the 4th to marry on my mom's side of the family and I'm the oldest grandchild.  One cousin is planning her wedding for a month after her FI graduates from high school this summer.  IMO that's a bit rushed but it's their choice.  I'm glad I waited until now to find and marry the man of my dreams.  I got to do a lot of living and wouldn't have changed a thing.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
    220 image 123 image 21 image
  • Options

My age wasn't even an option on the poll :(

guess that means I'm really OLD!!! :)

I'll be 37 on my wedding day and FI will be 42.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_get-to-know-you-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:830b2e70-df29-4e09-9f81-d8a039167b67Post:67dc866f-0c03-4ac8-8ad7-129e57445c05">Re: Get to know you</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm glad to see many brides are around my age here! I feel so old... lol I am 32 and have a five year old daughter. I was married previously at the age of 25 but was way too young and immature to do so! FI is also 32 and was married previouisly. We feel much more prepared and ready now. Both of us did not want kids in our previous marriage (I didn't ever want kids until I had my little girl) but now we are itching to start together! I can't wait! 
    Posted by romamor4[/QUOTE]

I'm shocked you're not 31 but I will 32 this year! And you have 5 year old too?!? We are way too much alike!
  • Options
    I am 32 (33 by wedding) and FH is 35. Both of us have had other long term, live in relationships but neither of us has been married before. This was part of the reason that we got engaged after just a little over a year together. Our past relationships had taught us both what we did and did not want in a partner. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I'm 25 (26 for the wedding) and Fiance is 28. I always thought that 27 would be a good year to have kids but that is NOT happening!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_get-to-know-you-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:830b2e70-df29-4e09-9f81-d8a039167b67Post:b5d1cd6a-095b-4f1e-a89e-17b424fb7894">Re: Get to know you</a>:
    [QUOTE]i'm 23 and i'll still be 23 when we get married. i'll turn 24 two weeks after our wedding (some of you are getting married on my bday!) Dan is 24 and will actually be 25 when we get married. we're only 3 weeks apart birthday wise (he's a year older though), but his birthday is the week before our wedding, so he'll technically be 2 years older than me when we get married. i guess i wasn't in a rush to get married because we don't plan on having kids for a long time. i never really thought about how old i'd be when i got married.i was really shy and awkward when i was little and i thought i'd never get married!
    Posted by kellycatalo[/QUOTE]

Wow this is a lot like us but we are slightly older.  Our birthdays straddle our wedding and we are exactly 3 weeks apart (well 3 years and 3 weeks).  FI will be 28 10 days before our wedding and I turn 25 11 days after.  We aren't gift people, normally just do something nice together for occassions so we decided every year for our bdays/anniversary we'll try to plan a trip or something and have a big celebration.
  • Options
    adktd2bootsadktd2boots member
    First Comment
    edited February 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_get-to-know-you-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:830b2e70-df29-4e09-9f81-d8a039167b67Post:88833997-b862-4f48-9f2f-6faa1c978d6b">Re: Get to know you</a>:
    [QUOTE]My age wasn't even an option on the poll :( guess that means I'm really OLD!!! :) I'll be 37 on my wedding day and FI will be 42.
    Posted by courtney3544[/QUOTE]

I PROMISE you there was a />35 option to click, but I think I pushed enter and when it posted the thing, that one got erased.
    Photobucket
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_get-to-know-you-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:830b2e70-df29-4e09-9f81-d8a039167b67Post:b9c7be2d-e4ee-4851-b552-18dbcec16c04">Re: Get to know you</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Get to know you : Wow this is a lot like us but we are slightly older.  Our birthdays straddle our wedding and we are exactly 3 weeks apart (well 3 years and 3 weeks).  FI will be 28 10 days before our wedding and I turn 25 11 days after.  We aren't gift people, normally just do something nice together for occassions so we decided every year for our bdays/anniversary we'll try to plan a trip or something and have a big celebration.
    Posted by volleygurl0306[/QUOTE]

yeah, i have the feeling this is what we will end up doing too. we started doing that for our anniversaries (of dating), and it's nice to look back and think oh yeah, remember when we went to ____ for our 2nd anniversary? much more memorable than some present.

we're doing that for valentine's day this year too. instead of doing gifts we are going on a weekend skiing trip.
    Happily married since 9/1/2012!
    The Whimsical Wifey
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards