Snarky Brides
Options

Woah. Apparently the new change really did affect TK

Re: Woah. Apparently the new change really did affect TK

• Options
    Wow. That's a huge change.

People just need to leave well enough alone.
  • Options

What I find interesting though is that many of TK users were saying "TK or Bust" for them.  I wonder if we would have the same drop on this site.

imageVacation
  • Options
    I post mostly on our local TN now, but we've lost two of our daily threads in the past five days.  It's getting extremely annoying and this problem has been going on for a while and they still can't seem to get it fixed.
  • Options
    LesPaulLesPaul member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    Some of the Nest boards might never come back - they are very serious about the bullshittery and unwanted changes, and are completely happy on proboards.
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Ballsacks.

Granted, I was never a really big TN person, but I don't think the changes are that bad.  What am I missing?
    panther
  • Options
    cheeseandricecheeseandrice member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited May 2012
    AATB- look here. It sucks.

http://www.thenest.com/forums/anniversary-boards_november-2010-weddings

It's this nasty hybrid. Plus a lot of the html stuff (and the bold/italic/link toolbar) never works.
    Plus the disappearing threads, etc.

ETA: sadly, TK has been working better than TN lately. And THAT'S saying something.
  • Options
    Well without the disappearing threads and clusterfuck of glitches - I honestly don't think it looks bad.  But I guess I'm in the minority?
    panther
  • Options
    Aw.  Our old TN board.  Dead for the last month.

We seriously flamed out after our weddings.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_woah-apparently-the-new-change-really-did-affect-tk?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:afba2b8d-1c1e-4405-9c73-58d014487851Post:611ba015-6b96-4894-b1d1-ddc9d51d675b">Re: Woah. Apparently the new change really did affect TK</a>:
    [QUOTE]Aw.  Our old TN board.  Dead for the last month. We seriously flamed out after our weddings.
    Posted by baystateapple[/QUOTE]

I'd like to pinpoint that on Linds, personally. ;)

It is weird, though, because our TK board was super active.  I think a big part of it, too, is that a lot of us still talk here.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_woah-apparently-the-new-change-really-did-affect-tk?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:afba2b8d-1c1e-4405-9c73-58d014487851Post:f20bbc69-ecb8-448a-b10a-59c1bdb1915c">Re: Woah. Apparently the new change really did affect TK</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Woah. Apparently the new change really did affect TK : I'd like to pinpoint that on Linds, personally. ;) It is weird, though, because our TK board was super active.  I think a big part of it, too, is that a lot of us still talk here.
    Posted by Steph+J[/QUOTE]
    Uh yeah.  LasagnaGate and Linds' LEAVE FAITH ALONE bullshit totally killed that board.

And many of us stayed on TK.

• Options
    I didn't realize TK's parent company was publicly traded.  That explains a lot.  They're never going to leave these boards alone, they'll always be messing with something.  
  • Options
    LOL@ lasagnagate.  What a mess our month board turned out to be.  Pretty much everyone who rocked stayed here :)
    panther
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_woah-apparently-the-new-change-really-did-affect-tk?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:afba2b8d-1c1e-4405-9c73-58d014487851Post:3f5334f6-b531-4b76-9392-471da50ee6e3">Re: Woah. Apparently the new change really did affect TK</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>LOL@ lasagnagate.</strong>  What a mess our month board turned out to be.  Pretty much everyone who rocked stayed here :)
    Posted by AllAboutTheBenjamin[/QUOTE]
    Hahaha that's what it was!  I was so disappointed that I read Faith's OP, rolled my eyes, and left TN for the week.  By the time I came back Linds had deleted the thread and publically chastized everyone, and all the fun was over.

• Options
    Linds is Captain No Fun.  I generally enjoy most people I encounter on the boards but she annoyed the piss out of me.
    panther
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_woah-apparently-the-new-change-really-did-affect-tk?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:afba2b8d-1c1e-4405-9c73-58d014487851Post:fa477170-de6b-446e-9499-10873bdc33a8">Re: Woah. Apparently the new change really did affect TK</a>:
    [QUOTE]Linds is Captain No Fun.  I generally enjoy most people I encounter on the boards but she annoyed the piss out of me.
    I didn't mind her on TK but she wasn't nearly as power-hungry as she was on TN.  Honestly my motivation for leaving there was both Linds' power-crazy wrist-slapping and all the KU ladies turning the thread into an offshoot of TB.  If I want to read 90 baby threads I'll go to TB.

• Options
    LesPaulLesPaul member
    Also, the Nest gods tried some additions no one wanted, like FB and Twitter buttons that would link your Nest post directly.  Many users wanted their accounts deleted if the posts were going to link to FB.
  • Options
    well now I feel nosy and want to know what lasagnagate is.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    LesPaulLesPaul member
    Our month board is still very active, although much of the discussion has moved to the FB group. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_woah-apparently-the-new-change-really-did-affect-tk?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:afba2b8d-1c1e-4405-9c73-58d014487851Post:4fb44d47-d622-48e8-8496-eb6594a8e067">Re: Woah. Apparently the new change really did affect TK</a>:
    [QUOTE]Also, the Nest gods tried some additions no one wanted, like FB and Twitter buttons that would link your Nest post directly.  Many users wanted their accounts deleted if the posts were going to link to FB.
    Posted by LesPaul[/QUOTE]

This was a huge misconception, tbh. Yes, it could link it, but only if you were also logged into fb. It was no different than any other website that has the fb 'like' button.

If I 'liked' it on TB, no one else's personal information was being shared. It was no different than me copying the url and pasting it on fb.

MASSIVE overreaction ensued, though, and people just didn't 'get' it.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_woah-apparently-the-new-change-really-did-affect-tk?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:afba2b8d-1c1e-4405-9c73-58d014487851Post:0c679f6c-af16-48a6-848e-23e477758422">Re: Woah. Apparently the new change really did affect TK</a>:
    [QUOTE]well now I feel nosy and want to know what lasagnagate is.
    Posted by jennamarie10[/QUOTE]
    It was incredibly stupid.  This one girl (Faith) started a thread to bitch about how selfish her H was for not making her lasagna when she was craving it (she was about 8 months pregnant).  I rolled my eyes and left at that point, because really?  And I missed the rest of it.  But apparently some other posters called her out on it, Faith flipped out and said something like "Would you tell a mother who had a miscarriage that she shouldn't bitch about it?" and people gave her hell for equating not getting lasgana with having a miscarriage.  Linds took it upon herself to ask to become mod, deleted the thread, and chastised everyone for giving Faith a hard time and chasing her off the boards. 

• Options
    SEWFSEWF member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    I've been lurking on the Married Life board on TN, and those ladies are WAY serious. They are on proboards now, and it works so much better. Plus, you can cuss. That's always a plus. I don't think most of them would go back to TN. I mean in six (?) days, they already have 22 PAGES of threads.
    Malcolm AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Yeah bay pretty much summed up lasagnagate.  Faith was a twat.

ETA - except I don't think it was a miscarriage, she was trying to compare not getting lasagna to a mother delivering a stillborn baby, I think.  So, yeah.  MASSIVE twat.
    panther
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_woah-apparently-the-new-change-really-did-affect-tk?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:afba2b8d-1c1e-4405-9c73-58d014487851Post:67f1c264-513a-4060-b504-435adfb0d486">Re: Woah. Apparently the new change really did affect TK</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yeah bay pretty much summed up lasagnagate.  Faith was a twat. ETA - except I don't think it was a miscarriage, she was trying to compare not getting lasagna to a mother delivering a stillborn baby, I think.  So, yeah.  MASSIVE twat.
    Yeah, that's even worse.

And just a little tidbit to add to the story, one of our fellow posters had just delivered a stillborn baby at 39 weeks.  It was just awful.  For Faith to equate the two, ESPECIALLY after that had happened, was vile.

• Options
    Oh yes LOML :( Ugh that was so fucking terrible.
    panther
  • Options
    OMG that sounds terrible. I'm glad people called her out on it. Wow.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_woah-apparently-the-new-change-really-did-affect-tk?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:afba2b8d-1c1e-4405-9c73-58d014487851Post:0c679f6c-af16-48a6-848e-23e477758422">Re: Woah. Apparently the new change really did affect TK</a>:
    [QUOTE]well now I feel nosy and want to know what lasagnagate is.
    Posted by jennamarie10[/QUOTE]

LONG story short, this girl bitched because she made lasagna and her husband didn't want to eat it for dinner. (Or he made it and she wanted something else.) I told her to stop whining.  She said something like "I'm pregnant, and it sucks. Would you tell someone who just had a stillborn child to just stop wining?!"
    um. what?!
    Also. One of the girls from our board had just had a stillborn baby about a week earlier.

Basically, she was a fucking biitch.
  • Options
    aaand I see I'm way late to the game. ;)
  • Options
    Haha, Steph, I just went through the 11/10 board and founds Linds' lame "I'm making a FB board for those who don't like drama, give me your email addresses if you want to join."  And you going "Oh, right here!  Here's my email!"  I'm guessing she never sent you that invite, did she?

• Options
    LOL I forgot about that bay.  Hahaha, good dramatic times.
    panther
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_woah-apparently-the-new-change-really-did-affect-tk?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:afba2b8d-1c1e-4405-9c73-58d014487851Post:ec7fc917-b46a-4adb-ac1c-f77d70fb3769">Re: Woah. Apparently the new change really did affect TK</a>:
    [QUOTE]Haha, Steph, I just went through the 11/10 board and founds Linds' lame "I'm making a FB board for those who don't like drama, give me your email addresses if you want to join."  And you going "Oh, right here!  Here's my email!"  I'm guessing she never sent you that invite, did she?
    Posted by baystateapple[/QUOTE]

ha. of course not.

I should page her and ask about the fb group again.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards