March 2013 Weddings

Checks!

Hey ladies!! I was sort of MIA this past weekend because I made a trip up to where our wedding will be and accomplished LOTS of checks... just wanted to share and see what everyone else has been up to! Unfortunately FI couldn't come with me for the trip, but I was able to check a lot off of our to-do list, including:
- Tasting at the reception venue
- Decor meeting with our coordinator at venue (that was a bit overwhelming... so many linen and layout options!)
-Met with the room block coordinator, set up hospitality room for night before wedding
- Finalized plans for table numbers, all I need to do is restain the wood number and put them together! I'm attaching a photo.. :)

-  Completed rough draft of our ceremony program
- Picked flower girl dresses
- Made labels and applied them to favor and welcome bags
- Completed excel file for my Mom (our "calligrapher") to use for addressing etiquette
- Hashed out flower proposal
- Tea-dyed my veil (that was scary but it worked!)

Anyway, what have you ladies been up to? I saw a post on the invitiation wording, I need to get on that soon! 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Checks!

• Yay, you got a lot done! The table number is so cute! We had our tasting last week so though we haven't nailed down the food yet, we have a good idea of what we like and don't like. We took our engagement photos Sunday, it was so fun! I posted a preview shot a few posts down :-) We also narrowed down our hotel choice. We might see if they'll match the rate at another hotel, but the rates are good either way. We also would get a free shuttle until midnight, and we can extend it for a charge if needed.

I've been working on invitation wording along with some general ideas for the inserts (RSVP card, directions and accommodations). We plan to register pretty soon. We want to do Target and BBB (the sheets I want are there!). Other than that, just trying to narrow down some more ideas. Oh, and we plan to ask our friend if he will officiate for us! We want to ask him in person and our schedules haven't worked to meet up. Hopefully we will do that soon! Oh, and one more thing - all my bridesmaids have ordered/gotten their dresses! Yay!

I feel like it's so close yet so far away! I want March to be here already but I still have so much to do!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    March 2013 March siggy challenge - wedding preview
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio
  • I think those table numbers are super cute! You had a good weekend of wedding check offs. I feel like I am getting so much done, yet i still have so much to do.

I had a friend use a uplighting company for her wedding.. So i wanted to wait and see how it went before i put a deposit. It went great, they were easy to use, and wayyy cheaper than getting a local company. I placed that deposit today. DIYuplighting.com

I also typed up the rough draft of my program so i can just tweak it later. The girls ordered their dresses this week, all major vendor contracts have been signed now. I figured out the bridesmaid gifts. and a couple other little things.

This weeks project is making the coloring books for the kids. I planned on being lazy and buying the template from someone on etsy for $5. It was super cute and had lil characters that looked like the bride and groom. Plus she writes in our names... Well i went to my FI cousins wedding a couple weeks ago and she most def had the EXACT coloring book from the lady i was gonna order. haha. Oh well, I am just making it now. I just tried to find some corners to cut. lol

I also really need to work on invitation wording.. but i really can't find one i like.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Sounds like everyone is getting a lot accomplished!! I love hearing what everyone is working on because it reminds me of things I forgot! :) For us it finally feels like things are coming together, which is great because this fall/winter is about to get crazy busy!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm happy to see your checklists, ladies. It makes me feel like I'm not freaking out and getting things done "too early". :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Y'all are freaking me out :(
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Also, MissRutig we're gonna need to chat about your lighting plans. On a complete impulse, after reading your post, I reserved 24 lights from diyuplighting.com. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Ordered my invitations last night!! I found a fabulous little local shop on Etsy to do them, and then I'll take them to one of my student's mother for calligraphy. :D 

Also...we are 5 days until completion of our new house. (We decided to build a new house because interest rates are 3.25% and the tanked economy ended up being our gain. Woo hoo!!)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards