Wedding Etiquette Forum

Friday Night!

Re: Friday Night!

• Hi! We just got our new chair and half that matches our couch. I'm very happy and Fox is even happier. 
  • FI tries to pretend he doesn't like all the wedding shows or my "trash" shows but I see how he pays close attention.

Erin - Is a "half" like a love seat?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ErinG93ErinG93 member
    First Comment
    edited January 2012
    Petal, it's a big comfy chair. Here is the actual chair:

ETA: That is not my living room, but I am digging the rug. 
  • Ooooooh. I like those. Very nice.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Petal, my H TRIES to pretend he doens't love when I watch Jersey Shore, but let's be honest. No one can resist Snooki.
  • One time FI watched the biggest loser with me, and all of a sudden, during that annoying beeping scale scene he burst out, "This is so annoying, why do I care how much this man lost? They are going to cut to commercial in two seconds and..." well he basically just rambled about how they sucked him in and then draw in out.  He doesn't watch with me anymore. 
  • J&K10910J&K10910 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited January 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_friday-night-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:c28e9230-3d0f-44bb-b6d2-0a6bab6f8e06Post:c3ea7615-571a-4c36-8ae6-378a1fef7086">Re: Friday Night!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Petal, my H TRIES to pretend he doens't love when I watch Jersey Shore, but let's be honest. No one can resist Snooki.
    Posted by ErinG93[/QUOTE]

My H used to make fun of me for watching The Challenge. then one day I watched it without him, and he got all butthurt.  HA!

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • That's funny JK.

I only watch Biggest Loser on DVR. That way I can fast forward as they try to keep me in suspense. FI always asks when I watch without him who was kicked off. But he doesn't like that show.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • JK- H did that with Revenge.  

Petal- YGPM back

Erin- that chair looks so comfy. H wants wants a big chair instead of a loveseat. He found one the also spins around. 
  • Good evening, E-fidels... (I hope someone knows what I'm referencing! LOL)

I'm at work. 12.5 hours down, 1.5 more to go. YAY. FI bought us a heated mattress pad last night... I'd so rather be in bed at home instead of here, but at least it's money, right?

I'm a little annoyed with FMIL right now. We normally get along great and I don't really have any issues with you. But apparently while she and FI were out shopping last night (I was in class), she asked him if I "was serious when I asked her to help my mom cover the cost of flowers for the wedding"... Umm, WHAT!? I've never discussed anything financial with FI's family what-so-ever, and I have no idea what the flowers cost for our wedding because my mom insists that I not concern myself with anything related to the money (she is paying).

The only thing I've said to FI's mom was joking about her being able to take flowers after the wedding if she wanted, and that's only because when her eldest son was married, MOB flipped the eff out that FMIL would even ask if she could take one of the centerpieces/flowers, since MOB was planning to have the staff toss them all.

FI said he told her that it must have been a misunderstanding because my mom already has the cost of everything covered. I'm glad he's got my back, but that's so out of left field... I mean, I've never talked money with FMIL ever, let alone as it relates to the wedding.
  • ErinG93ErinG93 member
    First Comment
    edited January 2012
    I need to make dinner. Boo. Also, J&K, I got a couple of the books your recommended to me last night. I am going to start with The Declaration this weekend. :) Thanks!
  • Hey guys! 

It's Friday night and I'm all alone. I have been eating chocolate. I shouldn't have but I don't care. It's Friday. 

Erin, the chair looks nice.  I want one! 
  • I hate weekends without J. :( I was supposed to hang w/ a friend but she last minute bailed. I hate when that happens.
  • MuSu, where is J? I love weekends without B. That probably makes me sound terrible, but I can read all day and not be interrupted. And clean. And look like total poop and not care. I mean, I look like poop even when H is here, but I pretend I don't. ;)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_friday-night-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:c28e9230-3d0f-44bb-b6d2-0a6bab6f8e06Post:f64e55a4-9fa2-44fc-983a-5d3c486d99f6">Re: Friday Night!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Guys.  I am in love with Just Dance.  I got it for Christmas and we played it for the first time and it was so much fun.  I'm winded. J, I'm sorry about your rash and I hope it clears up when you cut out the gluten.  :(  Is it hard to find products without? 
    Posted by EaglesBride2012[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Be careful playing that. I got it for Christmas too and I was SO. SORE. the next day. My arms felt like they might fall off.

</div>
  • Erin, he goes to school 2 hrs north of here. So I usually only see him on the weekends. This semester though, he is not going to come down as much to focus more on school. Which is good and all, but blah I am so tired of the LDR.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_friday-night-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:c28e9230-3d0f-44bb-b6d2-0a6bab6f8e06Post:05c29f4f-d7e2-41a7-b73f-c2162d7e92ad">Re: Friday Night!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Erin, he goes to school 2 hrs north of here. So I usually only see him on the weekends. This semester though, he is not going to come down as much to focus more on school. Which is good and all, but blah I am so tired of the LDR.
    Posted by musicalsunlight[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Aw I knew he went to school far away but I guess I didn't think about what would happen after the wedding. :( I'm sorry. Think of it as an opportunity to focus on your school work?

</div>
  • Yeah it will help me focus on more studying on the weekends too which I guess is good.

Chrissy, I have no idea, lol. We aren't sure if he is gonna go for his PhD or not.
  • eoreaeorea member
    First Comment
    edited January 2012
    Musu, I'm sorry. That really sucks. :( When will he be done with school? 

ETA: Well, I'm slow. 
  • edited January 2012
    Eagles it is so fun. I have a flashback to middle school when I do the Spice Girls one. I actually feel like I'm getting a work out too.

Kelly that is random. Do you think someone else might have said something to her? Like maybe a random friend talking about who traditionally might pay? It does seem weird.

ETA: Megs - YGPM
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We figure that when I graduate next spring, I can look for a job in the same city as wherever he is in school at that point, or wherever he is planning to go to school. He should be done at the current school by then.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_friday-night-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:c28e9230-3d0f-44bb-b6d2-0a6bab6f8e06Post:daf0f3cb-5442-42b5-9e1d-e810e3d58b05">Re: Friday Night!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Eagles it is so fun. I have a flashback to middle school when I do the Spice Girls one. I actually feel like I'm getting a work out too. Kelly that is random. Do you think someone else might have said something to her? Like maybe a random friend talking about who traditionally might pay? It does seem weird. ETA: Megs - YGPM
    Posted by PetalPockets2012[/QUOTE]

<div>Wait.. this game has a Spice Girls dance? </div><div>
    </div><div>I need this! </div>
  • Haha, well awesome yes but I also kinda just want us both to be done with school, but of course I'll be supportive either way. I really do NOT want to live up there if I don't have to. I am probably the only Minnesotan that hates it there.
  • YES! Spice Girls! If you wanna be my lover, gotta get with my friends...

I'm pretty sure that was my favorite song when I was 12.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Wannabe was one of the biggest hits at my wedding, haha it was awesome.
  • It's a decent sized city but I just get the weirdest vibe from it every time i am there. I just feel like its creepy and feels like the edge of the world. They also have the shittiest drivers I've ever experienced.
  • I love the Spice Girls. I think that song is a big hit everywhere. I did it for karaoke once. The bar was so boring but that song got everyone dancing. It was fun. 
  • I shook Baby Spice's hand. I was 10 and it was amazing.
  • I am exhausted and I want the snow to melt. Also I am wondering where FI is since his car is in the garage, but he is no where to be found. 
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_friday-night-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:c28e9230-3d0f-44bb-b6d2-0a6bab6f8e06Post:b8933c79-94f3-412b-bde6-6dd9a61292bd">Re: Friday Night!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I shook Baby Spice's hand. I was 10 and it was amazing.
    Posted by musicalsunlight[/QUOTE]

<div>That would be pretty amazing. I watched Spice Girls movie probably 1x a week while in Jr. High. </div>
    Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards