Snarky Brides

Love fest, but more awesome.

Re: Love fest, but more awesome.

• Did I read something about Boondock Saints? That makes me love Sesh and SEWF even more. And Nebb for loving Twister.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_love-fest-but-more-awesome?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:e597bbc8-4058-41fa-b1cb-5c6941aa80c9Post:636de9b2-a501-4925-b7b2-8491a7dc9cf0">Re: Love fest, but more awesome.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Did I read something about Boondock Saints? That makes me love Sesh and SEWF even more. And Nebb for loving Twister.
    Posted by maratea[/QUOTE]

Wanna talk about how I sent Nebb Boondock Saints for xmas and she refused to watch it? 
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • Thanks for the love, guys.

I really like Ricks.  I want to hang out with her IRL.  And Nebb.

I think Steph is fuucking awesome but I always LoveFest her, I think.  We would probably be friends IRL too.

Mara, you crack my shiit up.

Poli, you are a genuinely nice person.

And I did this in a thread earlier, but I think that Bec is kickass too.

"Smash's balls are the biggest balls of them all." -AATB

• When I was younger, I was convinced that my mom and Helen Hunt were sisters, or at least cousins, because I thought they looked so much alike. Now I still think they could be related, but I'm not sure why I thought they were like twins.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_love-fest-but-more-awesome?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e597bbc8-4058-41fa-b1cb-5c6941aa80c9Post:636de9b2-a501-4925-b7b2-8491a7dc9cf0">Re: Love fest, but more awesome.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Did I read something about Boondock Saints? That makes me love Sesh and SEWF even more. And Nebb for loving Twister.

<div>H introduced me to the greatness of Boondock Saints when we first started dating. I tried one time to count how many times they say fuuck, but I couldn't keep up. H has a big Boondock Saints poster in our closet and we saw All Saint's Day in theaters.</div><div>
    </div><div>Plus, it just skyrocketed my love for Irish men.</div>
    Malcolm AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Mara (et al): I friggin' love BDS. I thought I was weird for crushing on Sean Patrick Flanery and Norman Reedus at the same time, but I don't care. Plus, Norman Reedus was in Lady Gaga's "Judas" music video, which I thought was awesome. Ok, now I'm just rambling lol.
    25 in 2012 Reading Progress: 11/25 (44% toward goal)
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_love-fest-but-more-awesome?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:e597bbc8-4058-41fa-b1cb-5c6941aa80c9Post:636de9b2-a501-4925-b7b2-8491a7dc9cf0">Re: Love fest, but more awesome.</a>:

So tk ate my post, but you wanna talk about how I sent Nebby Boondock Saints for Xmas and she refuses to watch it?
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • So, I've always loves relis but I could never remember her SN. 

Thank you for all the love, y'all. I appreciate it. I haven't been around much lately because work has been the suck and I can't even keep home straight anymore (thought today was Thurs and the cleaning people were coming, but it was Wed and I totally spaced on Sparky's PT appt until 30 minutes after it was supposed to start). Its nice to know people still care. 

And for the record, I love me some Duds too, but I don't think that's a secret. And poli, it really was no problem. I really enjoy doing that stuff. I wish I could do that for my job instead of what I do now. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_love-fest-but-more-awesome?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e597bbc8-4058-41fa-b1cb-5c6941aa80c9Post:bf7a691c-f04d-4523-84ea-349bfb5333b0">Re: Love fest, but more awesome.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I really miss posting on here.  The time difference sucks balls.
    Posted by rhonwynv[/QUOTE]

<div>I miss you posting on here! </div>
  • BDS is my favorite movie. I walked down the aisle to the music in the beginning. And my next tat is a quote from the movie.

I <3 Smash. I totally admire you. You've been through so much, yet you are still a bad ass.
  • Oooh I want to lovefest Alli too, I love when she posts.

"Smash's balls are the biggest balls of them all." -AATB

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_love-fest-but-more-awesome?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:e597bbc8-4058-41fa-b1cb-5c6941aa80c9Post:3104d6ae-bbf4-40af-879a-c8826831095d">Re: Love fest, but more awesome.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Love fest, but more awesome. : H introduced me to the greatness of Boondock Saints when we first started dating. I tried one time to count how many times they say fuuck, but I couldn't keep up. H has a big Boondock Saints poster in our closet and we saw All Saint's Day in theaters. Plus, it just skyrocketed my love for Irish men.
    Posted by SEWF[/QUOTE]

246 times, not including deleted scenes.
    25 in 2012 Reading Progress: 11/25 (44% toward goal)
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • Thanks, Smash. I'm not sure if I've missed any updates, but I've been thinking about you. You show an amazing amount of grace under pressure, and you deserve to be truly happy.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_love-fest-but-more-awesome?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e597bbc8-4058-41fa-b1cb-5c6941aa80c9Post:afcf64af-5498-4c08-b142-e535291e4d88">Re: Love fest, but more awesome.</a>:
    [QUOTE]BDS is my favorite movie. I walked down the aisle to the music in the beginning. And my next tat is a quote from the movie. I <3 Smash. I totally admire you. You've been through so much, yet you are still a bad ass.

<div>Confession: Our recessional song at the wedding was The Blood of Cu Chulainn<font face="'Lucida Grande'" class="Apple-style-span"><span style="line-height:normal;" class="Apple-style-span">, which is the main theme in BDS. I surprised H with it.</span></font></div>
  • SEWFSEWF member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited February 2012
    Thanks Mehg!

Also, Ash is awesome and so strong. I didn't feel like I "knew" you well enough to say something before, but I admire the strength you've shown over the last few months.
  • Oh and Arwo, I love you too! I'm sorry you have the sads (or the bitches, whatever)
  • Embarassed Thanks. I'm always worried people don't find what I say interesting so I don't post as much as I want to lol.

Blue - I find you absolutely gorgeous. This sounds creepy. When I first started posting I thought the same way you did about Celles but lately I find myself agreeing with you about a lot of things or you saying things that I want to.

Nebb- I used to be scared of Nebb but I find her really interesting. I'm also reminded of her when I see Stephen King or Jurassic Park stuff.

J&K - If I could have wedding pictures half as pretty as yours I'd be happy. I also like your tastes in books. And that you know a lot about hiking.

Nates- I find you incredibly smart and you were one of the first people to "notice me".
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Nebb, I think you know that I think you're awesome! Sometimes I feel like you live in my head. And I like it that way. If I'm ever up your way, or if you have some reason to come to KC (but who ever really has a reason to come to KC except to see me and jcbjrs) I really hope we can have a GTG.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_love-fest-but-more-awesome?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e597bbc8-4058-41fa-b1cb-5c6941aa80c9Post:f2a038e0-02b9-4544-b6f2-c477578b7ad9">Re: Love fest, but more awesome.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Love fest, but more awesome. : Confession: Our recessional song at the wedding was The Blood of Cu Chulainn , which is the main theme in BDS. I surprised H with it.
    Posted by SEWF[/QUOTE]
    Yes! You are awesome. :) This is the name of the song, I couldn't remember it, but that's what I walked down the aisle to. So is my BFF. We made a pact in college (while watching the movie of course) that when we got married, it would be our processional song.
  • Thanks, Jesse. I do have a difficult time putting into words what I mean. I'm more of a talker, I think. I admire people who can exude sarcasm and humor in their posts. Mine don't come across that way.

Max is still Max - After 6 weeks of not seeing him, when he appeared in my parents' backyard over the weekend, he gave me a "WTF are you doing here/where am I?" and I thought to myself, "Holy shiit. My dog IS really big. Unfortunately not too big to sit in my lap for the 11 hour drive back home. All is right in his world again.
    Do not mess in the affairs of dinosaurs because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    I love you Missy. Even though you are not smart enough to take online quizzes to find out really important information. ~cew
  • I was scared (or maybe intimidated is a better word) of Nebb when I first started lurking/posting too. I enjoy when she posts now though. She has interesting points of view on topics that I wouldn't normally think of and sometimes I totally agree with her and sometimes she makes me think about new things that I otherwise wouldn't have.  
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_love-fest-but-more-awesome?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e597bbc8-4058-41fa-b1cb-5c6941aa80c9Post:4cf671e8-9b82-4e1b-beeb-ff3c67d2cab0">Re: Love fest, but more awesome.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Love fest, but more awesome. : Yes! You are awesome. :) This is the name of the song, I couldn't remember it, but that's what I walked down the aisle to. So is my BFF. We made a pact in college (while watching the movie of course) that when we got married, it would be our processional song.

<div>I have it on my ITunes so I don't forget it. I looked all over the place for a recessional song, and nothing felt right. Then H and I were talking about how he got me into BDS (and Stephen Lynch, but that's another story) and I realized that song was perfect. He was so surprised.</div><div>
    </div><div>And mara, I loved you before, but I love you even more now.</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_love-fest-but-more-awesome?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e597bbc8-4058-41fa-b1cb-5c6941aa80c9Post:4cf671e8-9b82-4e1b-beeb-ff3c67d2cab0">Re: Love fest, but more awesome.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Love fest, but more awesome. : Yes! You are awesome. :) This is the name of the song, I couldn't remember it, but that's what I walked down the aisle to. So is my BFF. We made a pact in college (while watching the movie of course) that when we got married, it would be our processional song.

<div>Yeah, I just realized that the song fit for us so perfectly I couldn't pass it up. H was so surprised.</div><div>
    </div><div>And I love you even more now than I did before this thread.</div><div>
    </div><div>TK keeps eating my posts, though, so I'm out for the night.</div>
  • Are you ladies still lovin? I miss and love everyone here!

Bio
    "You wore a tit dress at an AIDS party??? You need to go to the whore corner with Mara " - Blue
  • Damnit TK, stop eating my love for Mara posts!!!

Yell
  • Aww thanks guys :) Sesh - I still love the idea of us being neighbors. I think that would be the most amazing living situation.

jcbjrs - I cant really express why I like you, cause I cant pinpoint it. I just think youre cool.
    avs - It always makes me sad when you say you dont think people notice you, cause I always notice you. I dunno if its cause youre a canadian (I consider most canadians on here "my" canadians for some reason) but you remind me very much of a RL friend ive had since childhood.
    djhar - you look like andy mcdowell to me.
    celtic - I like seeing you post. Ive noticed you a lot more lately and I really dig your opinions and style.
    Sewf - we pretty much share a brain. Id love to have brinner with you any time.
    blue - I love the shiit outta you. Not literally, figuratively.
  • Holy eff a post I can actually join? Love it!

mrs. Jesse you were the first person I thought of when I read j's op. I don't think I've ever said it but you give great advice and are just enjoyable to talk to.

I really like lbarr as well, even though I haven't seen her around a ton (this student teaching stuff is sucking up all my knot time!)

SarahP is awesome. I love her opinions. Don't take this the wrong way but you remind me of my mom. She is one of the most real, honest, down-to-earth people I know and you come across a lot like her.

Blue, I know you will always challenge me to really think about my viewpoints and opinions and I appreciate it!

Rhony-I wish I got to talk to you more, I think you are great!
  • SarahPLizSarahPLiz member
    First Comment
    edited February 2012
    Nebb, I'm enjoying you more these days as well. 

I wish CEW and Ricks would post more often.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_love-fest-but-more-awesome?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:e597bbc8-4058-41fa-b1cb-5c6941aa80c9Post:6474548d-a446-4f40-a875-04746e02b418">Re: Love fest, but more awesome.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks. I'm always worried people don't find what I say interesting so I don't post as much as I want to lol. Blue - I find you absolutely gorgeous. This sounds creepy. When I first started posting I thought the same way you did about Celles but lately I find myself agreeing with you about a lot of things or you saying things that I want to. Nebb- I used to be scared of Nebb but I find her really interesting. I'm also reminded of her when I see Stephen King or Jurassic Park stuff. J&K - If I could have wedding pictures half as pretty as yours I'd be happy. I also like your tastes in books. And that you know a lot about hiking. Nates- <strong>I find you incredibly smart</strong> and you were one of the first people to "notice me".
    Posted by avsfan33[/QUOTE]
    Thanks :) This is nice to hear from someone who doesn't sleep in my bed every night, lol.
  • Nates-you inspire me to be a better teacher!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards