Snarky Brides
Options

My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding?

Re: My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding?

• Options
    reilsreils member
    First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_big-fat-gypsy-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:dafc36e6-1140-464c-aff1-8fdeb668e615Post:e5a6a008-4c13-4983-a04e-65660dc9c0b8">Re: My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding? : *snort* They spend an awful lot on this crap for living in those fun looking homes.  They could have gotten a pimped out trailer for the price of that dress.
    Posted by Blueyed228[/QUOTE]

<div>That's what I was thinking. Why would you spend all of your money on dresses and parties? </div>
  • Options
    The posing is hilarious.
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • Options
    It would blow my conservative mind to find out any of them live on welfare......

Literally blow.my.mind.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I wonder if she knows that her Britney is showing in that atrocity.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    If that slit were any higher you would see everything.
    Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App
  • Options
    She gets to ride in a Rolls Royce?
  • Options
    reilsreils member
    First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_big-fat-gypsy-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:dafc36e6-1140-464c-aff1-8fdeb668e615Post:1086586c-62e7-43c2-99c7-83151efb62f6">Re: My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding? : I"m reading some stuff on Yahoo Answers U.K. and the answers are pretty interesting. Some people say they do odd jobs and some people freaking hate them because they're supposedly <strong>shady and they steal stuff.</strong>
    Posted by Champagne Supernova[/QUOTE]

<div>I always thought that's what gypsies were. That they just traveled around and conned people. </div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_big-fat-gypsy-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:dafc36e6-1140-464c-aff1-8fdeb668e615Post:1086586c-62e7-43c2-99c7-83151efb62f6">Re: My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding? : I"m reading some stuff on Yahoo Answers U.K. and the answers are pretty interesting. Some people say they do odd jobs and some people freaking hate them because they're supposedly shady and they steal stuff.

<div>So much for their high morals.  </div>
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Between Josie not being able to stop laughing and Swanly having Help Me written on the bottom of his shoes. They are truly ready to be married.
  • Options
    Dude.  If some little shiit tried to grab me as a teenager, he would have lost his nuts.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_big-fat-gypsy-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:dafc36e6-1140-464c-aff1-8fdeb668e615Post:1c0ead4f-cec8-4707-9759-b6e5c7f6705d">Re: My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Dude.  If some little shiit tried to grab me as a teenager, he would have lost his nuts.
    Posted by Blueyed228[/QUOTE]
    I agree.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_big-fat-gypsy-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:dafc36e6-1140-464c-aff1-8fdeb668e615Post:70e29c05-d47f-4524-b4f8-131d7cb77700">Re: My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I remember one poster said she got attacked by gypsies somewhere in Europe. I think people flame her for saying it but she's probably telling the truth.

I vaguely remember that you are not supposed to say "gypsy" on here because its racist.

Or maybe you are not supposed to say "gyp'd" or whatever it is.  I forget. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Not to sound like an idiot, but is that where the phrase/word gyp'd came from?  I don't even know how to spell it, so I'm going with your spelling Blue.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_big-fat-gypsy-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:dafc36e6-1140-464c-aff1-8fdeb668e615Post:9f63a61f-43c5-4f07-8367-1a80a12c7cc7">Re: My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Not to sound like an idiot, but is that where the phrase/word gyp'd came from?  I don't even know how to spell it, so I'm going with your spelling Blue.
    Posted by dnbeach12[/QUOTE]

I dont know if that is the correct spelling, but its origin, yes.  It is supposed to mean you got ripped off.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Wasn't that scooby that got flamed for using the word gyp'd? She went to make a pot roast and never came back.
  • Options
    I JUST turned this on.
  • Options
    Yeah I knew the meaning, but never the origins.  I just figured it was some random slang word.  There's my lesson for today!
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_big-fat-gypsy-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:dafc36e6-1140-464c-aff1-8fdeb668e615Post:6beabc0f-4f13-47df-bb3d-bbb0aa739ee4">Re: My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wasn't that scooby that got flamed for using the word gyp'd? She went to make a pot roast and never came back.
    Posted by Ciaram22[/QUOTE]

I believe that is the story I heard.

An ummm, did you see her ring?  Its effin huge.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_big-fat-gypsy-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:dafc36e6-1140-464c-aff1-8fdeb668e615Post:ecac378d-58b7-4098-8185-b30191a02918">Re: My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yeah I knew the meaning, but never the origins.  I just figured it was some random slang word.  There's my lesson for today!
    Posted by dnbeach12[/QUOTE]

I dont think its considered a nice or PC word.  I would call it slang as well, others call it a racial slur.  I think its a pretty hot button.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    reilsreils member
    First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_big-fat-gypsy-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:dafc36e6-1140-464c-aff1-8fdeb668e615Post:4e05652c-1412-4722-9dcf-0d7e2ada1a02">Re: My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I JUST turned this on.
    Posted by cupcakesfrosting[/QUOTE]

<div>You've missing out then. </div>
  • Options
    The Josie one is on now. I've never seen anything like this before.
  • Options
    Damn I was hoping that they wouldn't play 2 episodes and then repeat those same 2 episodes.
  • Options
    Wow, just wow.  Some of you are being so super judgey!  In lots of cultures around the globe, people get married young.  It wasn't so long ago that here in America people got married young.  I went to high school with a girl that got married at 14, with her mom's consent, didn't need a judge's approval.  I'm not saying I agree with it, but it's not all that strange either. 
    In cultures that heavily discourage sex before marriage, people get married younger. 
    Biologically girls are ready to have babies when they start having periods, it's our culture that tell us that 16 year olds are too young to get married and have children.  If you stop to think about it, for thousands of years people got married (maybe not our modern version of marriage) very young, like early teens, had children and died before turning 50.  It has been very recently that humans wait so long to get married and have children.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

2011 Reading Challenge

Jessica has read 16 books toward her goal of 150 books.
    hide
    "It's fine to have an open mind, just not so open your brains fall out."
  • Options
    I think the show just started, so they might only have 2 episodes so far.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_big-fat-gypsy-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:dafc36e6-1140-464c-aff1-8fdeb668e615Post:f0e44911-f537-495b-bafe-3786698aaf6b">Re: My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wow, just wow.  Some of you are being so super judgey!  In lots of cultures around the globe, people get married young.  It wasn't so long ago that here in America people got married young.  I went to high school with a girl that got married at 14, with her mom's consent, didn't need a judge's approval.  I'm not saying I agree with it, but it's not all that strange either.  In cultures that heavily discourage sex before marriage, people get married younger.  Biologically girls are ready to have babies when they start having periods, it's our culture that tell us that 16 year olds are too young to get married and have children.  If you stop to think about it, for thousands of years people got married (maybe not our modern version of marriage) very young, like early teens, had children and died before turning 50.  It has been very recently that humans wait so long to get married and have children.       
    Posted by luckyme502[/QUOTE]
    Wow. Just because we may be biologically ready doesn't mean that that they should.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_big-fat-gypsy-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:dafc36e6-1140-464c-aff1-8fdeb668e615Post:f0e44911-f537-495b-bafe-3786698aaf6b">Re: My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wow, just wow.  Some of you are being so super judgey!  In lots of cultures around the globe, people get married young.  It wasn't so long ago that here in America people got married young.  I went to high school with a girl that got married at 14, with her mom's consent, didn't need a judge's approval.  I'm not saying I agree with it, but it's not all that strange either.  In cultures that heavily discourage sex before marriage, people get married younger.  Biologically girls are ready to have babies when they start having periods, it's our culture that tell us that 16 year olds are too young to get married and have children.  If you stop to think about it, for thousands of years people got married (maybe not our modern version of marriage) very young, like early teens, had children and died before turning 50. <strong> It has been very recently that humans wait so long to get married and have children</strong>.        
    Posted by luckyme502[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Because recently people have realized that just because you may physically be ready to marry and carry babies it doesn't mean you are emotionally mature enough.  And how horrible of today's women to actually want to go to school and make something of themselves, instead of just wanting to be mindless baby making robots.  
    </div><div>
    </div><div>You do realize that the whole point of this show is to judge them?  Why the hell else would they air it?  I doubt it's because of the mass amounts of fan mail asking to show us how gypsies get married.  </div>
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Oh yay.  Moms here.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    god... don't be a debbie downer... we're all having fun blasting the gypsys and laughing at the ridiculousness of this show.

go away.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Anniversary
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_big-fat-gypsy-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:dafc36e6-1140-464c-aff1-8fdeb668e615Post:492d5b52-2278-4ee7-b0b0-743b2b6086fb">Re: My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding? : Ooooookay? Have you seen the show? I'm mainly judging what I see. These people discourage the crap out of sex before marriage but look at the way they dress and the way they behave. Some girls get their periods at 10. Does that mean they're ready to get married? Really?

I have seen the show.  Yes, biologically they are ready to have babies at 10.  Sorry to burst your bubble, but that is the whole point of having a period. 

Does that mean they should have babies in our society?  No, they are not prepared.  In our society, 10 year olds have not been brought up to be self sufficient or even at 16 for that matter. 

But that does not mean that in other societies 16 year olds aren't capable and prepared for getting married and having babies.  I have spent some time in a society where women usually get married between the ages of 11 and 14.  I'm not saying it's right or wrong, or better or worse then our society.  I just wanted to remind people that in America and Europe around 100 years ago it wasn't uncommon for women to get married at 16or even younger, and that it still happens today.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

2011 Reading Challenge

Jessica has read 16 books toward her goal of 150 books.
    hide
    "It's fine to have an open mind, just not so open your brains fall out."
  • Options
    no one cares...
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Anniversary
    Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards