Wedding Etiquette Forum

Anyone around?

I can't be the only loser with nothing to do on this Saturday night.  
imageBabyFruit Ticker

Re: Anyone around?

• I'm a loser too...
  • edited December 2010
    Me three.

• Sweet.  I was starting to think that maybe I really was the only one.  

What are you ladies up to?  I just ate a salad for dinner so I can eat some of my baked Salt and Vinegar chips later.  I'm thinking I will catch up on some DVR later.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Count me in on the loser train. I worked until about 8pm. It's snowing here, so when we got home we went out and played with the dogs in the snow. The two big ones love it, one of the smaller ones likes to eat it, and the smallest one wants nothing to do with it. It's kind of funny.
  • I'm here, but it's sunday afternoon for me, so no loser here!  In fact I was at work at 4 AM today (OK, so maybe loser status counts afterall).

I'm trying to decide what to have for lunch.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm here too!  J and I slept in waaaaaaaaaay late today and then went to the mall (had to get me a dress for my company's holiday party!).  Now we're just being lazy at home, listening to the rain outside.

Anniversary
  • I have a b!tch of a migraine all day. It finally has started to ease up. I don't know what it is from, other than the extreme temp change last night and it has been raining steadily all day here.

I have had my sweats on all day. It has just been one of those days. Plus, I started crying bc my head hurt so bad and being depressed about not being home for Christmas and all.

Another friend from church invited us over for dinner, but we haven't decided whether or not we are going to go bc I already bought stuff to cook. Plus, since this is our first married Christmas and H will actually be home, I kinda wanted to spend it together. But then being with other people might help me and not make as depressed. I dunno. Decisions, decisions.
  • I am definitely not looking forward to being back in the snow on Wednesday.  
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • I miss the snow!!! I'm pretending the rain we are getting is actually snow :-)
    Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_anyone-around-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:28dd0e5c-f663-4570-bbdd-7927a822ed5cPost:01ecd985-fede-4c77-bac7-94b146273c78">Re: Anyone around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm here too!  J and I slept in waaaaaaaaaay late today and then went to the mall (had to get me a dress for my company's holiday party!).  Now we're just being lazy at home, listening to the rain outside.
    Posted by shortee426[/QUOTE]

I slept in late today, too. Didn't get up and out of bed until 12:15. I can't tell you the last time I have done that. I usually can't sleep past 11am at the latest. And we are being lazy right now, too.
  • You guys can help me plan our X-mas eve dinner if you wish.

So far we are having:

A turkey breast w/ the stuffing up under the skin
    Gravy
    Potatos roasted in goose fat.
    a salad

What else needs to be added?  I wanted to do a Lemon Blueberry cake for dessert, but we don't have the poser converter for my mixer yet. :-(
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_anyone-around-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:28dd0e5c-f663-4570-bbdd-7927a822ed5cPost:4e5b582d-0707-4e24-8f5e-23617bea8b68">Re: Anyone around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I miss the snow!!! I'm pretending the rain we are getting is actually snow :-)
    Posted by shortee426[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I hate to say it, but I am missing the snow, too. Don't get me wrong, I don't like driving in it, but I am actually jealous bc they have snow at home right now and I think it might actually be a white Christmas up there.
  • Oh yeah, I slept until almost 11am.  I probably could have slept later if J didn't wake me up.  I actually fell asleep at around 1130 last night.  J was wondering how I slept so much...I kept telling him last night how exhausted I was!
    Anniversary
  • I always say I miss New Jersey snow, not Ithaca snow.  Two very different things.
    Anniversary
  • Missy I didn't get out of my pajamas until 4:00, and I just put on sweats to take the dog for a walk to get the mail. 

I also suffer from crazy migraines sometimes and I have definitely found myself in tears because they won't go away unless I sleep.  
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • aMrs - what about sweet potato brulee or fresh green bean casserole? I also am going to try this recipe that a friend gave me for pineapple casserole. It sounds really yummy and imagine it could almost be used as a dessert even.
  • Still around- although for me it's almost 4:00am.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • that's what I was missing, a veggie.

I do a sauteed spinach w/ pine nuts that H loves.  I can do that.

What is a pineapple casserole?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_anyone-around-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:28dd0e5c-f663-4570-bbdd-7927a822ed5cPost:6c699814-36b0-4fe2-b456-b74340f7ef52">Re: Anyone around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Missy I didn't get out of my pajamas until 4:00, and I just put on sweats to take the dog for a walk to get the mail.  I also suffer from crazy migraines sometimes and I have definitely found myself in tears because they won't go away unless I sleep.  
    Posted by dnbeach12[/QUOTE]

I am just glad it went away after all day. I rested for bit on the couch and closed my eyes after dinner, so maybe that is what did it. And the fact that I have been taking Exedrin and Advil all day when they wear off.

That reminds me, we need to get the mail tomorrow. We haven't got it in a few days. That is pretty bad, I know and we aren't even that far away from the mailboxes.
  • We're supposedly having a party in an hour. Everything is ready. I just have to get dressed. But 2-3 people have bailed today so it might be 5-6 of us and a shitton of chocolate, cheese, wine, beer and veggies. 
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_anyone-around-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:28dd0e5c-f663-4570-bbdd-7927a822ed5cPost:acb50850-5a16-4e2c-843a-c779770cb108">Re: Anyone around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]that's what I was missing, a veggie. I do a sauteed spinach w/ pine nuts that H loves.  I can do that. What is a pineapple casserole?
    Posted by aMrsin09[/QUOTE]

Basically, it is pineapple, butter, sugar, flour & cheese with a Ritz cracker topping. It seems to be pretty popular here in the south. I have heard it mentioned a few times among our friends at church.

I can post the recipe if you would like it, just let me know.
    <p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:14pt;line-height:115%;"></span><span style="font-size:18pt;line-height:115%;"></span></p>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_anyone-around-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:28dd0e5c-f663-4570-bbdd-7927a822ed5cPost:e4e0cde9-a390-4404-80f3-3d21d0696199">Re: Anyone around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We're supposedly having a party in an hour. Everything is ready. I just have to get dressed. But 2-3 people have bailed today so it might be 5-6 of us and a shitton of chocolate, cheese, wine, beer and veggies. 
    Posted by msmerymac[/QUOTE]

You say that like it's a bad thing to have too much of the items listed above.
  • Whaleflipflops where do you live?  Obviously not NY anymore.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_anyone-around-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:28dd0e5c-f663-4570-bbdd-7927a822ed5cPost:e4e0cde9-a390-4404-80f3-3d21d0696199">Re: Anyone around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We're supposedly having a party in an hour. Everything is ready. I just have to get dressed. But 2-3 people have bailed today so it might be 5-6 of us and a shitton of chocolate, cheese, wine, beer and veggies. 
    Posted by msmerymac[/QUOTE]

That sucks. I hope they had good reasons. I hate it when people back out at the last minute. I am sure you guys will still have fun.
  • We're trying to figure out what to have for dinner.  I'm thinking maybe pasta with ground turkey?  Of course, since J doesn't like ground turkey he's on his own then ;-)
    Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_anyone-around-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:28dd0e5c-f663-4570-bbdd-7927a822ed5cPost:997966b8-c70f-4cf1-bee1-727cfbf548bc">Re: Anyone around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anyone around? : Basically, it is pineapple, butter, sugar, flour & cheese with a Ritz cracker topping. It seems to be pretty popular here in the south. I have heard it mentioned a few times among our friends at church. I can post the recipe if you would like it, just let me know.
    Posted by MissySue20[/QUOTE]

You had me until the cheese...
  • Mery, if you have too much chocolate left over you can send some to me!
    Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_anyone-around-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:28dd0e5c-f663-4570-bbdd-7927a822ed5cPost:e9e9b908-954a-46b1-aa4b-42f13305809e">Re: Anyone around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Whaleflipflops where do you live?  Obviously not NY anymore.
    Posted by dnbeach12[/QUOTE]

I was thinking the same thing. It sounds like she might be close to where aMrs. lives.
  • Shortee426- what are the options?

I had a fluffernutter for dinner. Yes. I'm apparently 12. It was delicious.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yeah cheese and pineapple just sounds  weird.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards