Second Weddings

Intros, please...

Re: Intros, please...

• spaznoidspaznoid member
    First Comment
    edited March 2012
    Wedding Date:  sUNDAY, aUGUST 12, 2012

# Times Previously Married: 2 (me); 0 (FI)

# Kids:  3 (me);  0 (FI)

How long did you and FI date before engagement?
     Well. Technically he hasn' proposed, but we have the wedding planned so I suppose we're engaged? He keeps hinting that I should expect an official proposal and I'm all twitchy about it! I've been married twice and never been proposed to.

How long between first date and wedding date? uuuhm... 10 months.

How's the wedding planning going? Any blips or bumps in the road? 
    Besides my indecisiveness (I LIKE PINK FLOWERS! OOO RED! OOO LIME GREEN! BLACK! DO THEY MAKE BLACK TULIPS??), we're all good.

Next major project to tackle?
      Guest list. A Vegas wedding doesn't leave room for a lot of guests. This is my third wedding, so aside from the kdis and my parents and my bff of 19 years, his people are getting priority, even though he keeps insisting he wants me to have MY day and I should invite who I want. Really, he's just nervous about picking and choosing among his friends, I think.

So, I'm Toni and this is going to be my third wedding. I'm 29. I know how insane that sounds. I married my first husband at 17 and 4 years later, took our two sons and left. I married my second husband, with whom I had a daughter, and who adopted my sons happily. He recently died of lung cancer after 6 years of marriage at the age of 40. My kids are 10, 8 (9 in April) and 6. This will my my fiance's first marriage and he has no kids... I'll be moving from AZ to TX before the wedding, because he's in TX, a lawyer and has a good job -- much easier for me to relocate than him, plus I want to gtfo of AZ. We met seven years ago, playing everquest II and have been best friends since. We recently took it to the next level, and since we know each other so well, since we're best friends, and absolutely sure, we just don't see a point in waiting for the rest of our lives to start. 
  • Wedding Date:  Oct/Nov 2012

# Times Previously Married:2 (me); 1 (FI) 0

# Kids: 0

1.5 years

How long between first date and wedding date?
     2 plus

How's the wedding planning going? Any blips or bumps in the road?

*just* started but so far so good!  I think it will be easier this second time around though I thought the first time was pretty easy as well.  Had a DW the first go and plan to have it close to home this time.  Biggest issue so far is keeping the guest list appropriate to our budget.

Going dress shopping tomorrow!
  • Wedding Date:  Not set for sure but potentially July 2013

# Times Previously Married: Second marriage for both

# Kids:  3 (me);  4 (FI)

just over 2 years

2.5 years

Just starting to plan and in a panic! Always wanted to elope on a tropical island if ever remarried but with our children and families we feel we have to have a wedding, but will try to keep it smaller and not really formal.

Everything!!! (That tropical beach is calling my name!!!) 
  • Wedding date: July 14, 2012 (hope)
    # times previously married: 2 for me,1 for FI
    #kids 5 biological,1 foster, 20 grandchildren,6 great-grandsons (me) ,
           1 ,3 grandchildren, 3 great-grandchildren (FI)
    how long did you and FI date before engagement? 2 months
    How long between first date and wedding date? 8 months
    How's the wedding planning going? it's not I need the church to verify the date so I can do invitations etc.
    Next major project to tackle? no more major projects I'm 67 yrs and 9 mos old I want to relax after this and enjoy our grand and greatgrands.
  • Wedding Date:  Saturday, June 30, 2012

# Times Previously Married:
    1 (me); 1 (FI)

# Kids: 2 (me);  1 , plus 3 grandkids (FI)

8 months

30 years

The wedding planning is great! Invitations are sent out and response cards are beginning to come in. My gown is in, and I start alterations on May 9th - just waiting for my shoes to arrive.  The only blips or bumps in the road are the opinions of MOH and FI's Stepdaughter. They are constantly questioning everything we are doing, but we are also having a formal and elegant wedding and they are very unfamiliar with proper etiquette. For the most part, I try my best to ignore their comments and give them an answer with a smile, " it's our day, we are doing this our way - thank you for your thoughts, I will take it under advisement"
    Next major project to tackle?  I am creating our own custom made aisle runner. Everything else is pretty much complete. Centerpieces are made, flowers for the church are made, cake is ordered, food is ordered, candy buffet is ordered, chair covers are ordered. and of course our one hour of sanitity, our horse and buggy are ordered - just hoping for a day of sunshine and low humidity. :-)
  • Wedding Date:  Sunday March 31, 2013

# Times Previously Married: (3) Me (1) Him - looking over the last few pages of post, I have been married more times than most.  Do I really have to count the last one (only lasted a year - long story)

# Kids: (3) and (3) grandkids - Me  (1) Him

How long did you and FI date before engagement? 1 1/2 years (this time)
     1 year (last time - 23 years ago - another long story)

How long between first date and wedding date? 26 years

Trying to plan a interfaith ceremony that brings both of our faiths and families together is going better than I thought. It helps that we have known each other so long. We are trying to have the type of ceremony we wanted when we were engaged 26 years ago. :-)  Decieding on what type and color of dress to wear is the hardest part so far.

What kind of decorations and what size tent to rent or not to rent.
  • Wedding Date:  Saturday, April 13, 2013

# Times Previously Married:1 (me); 1 (FI); 0

# Kids: 0

4 years

5 years

Just trying to nail down a caterer.  Other than that, it's been smooth sailing so far.

Reception centerpieces.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Wedding Date

Weddng Date: Still TBD, hoping for Saturday Sept 22, 2012 or a Sat in October

# Times Previously Married: once for both of us

# Kids:1 (5 year old daughter for me); 2 (16, 19 boys for him)

How long did you and FI date before engagement? only a month!

about 8-9 months

Just started, and it's going to be a very small wedding plus I've done this before, so it's not so overwhelming this time around.  The only thing is that I know there are people who will have their "opinions" on the matter - first with us getting married so fast and second with the timing of my divorce (been separated legally 18 months but only just now FINALLY getting ex to sign divorce papers- he is an awful PIMA!  Takes forever with custody settlement!).

Probably figuring out the food, and deciding between 2 dress styles for myself and making final decision on clothing for my daughter!.

• Wedding Date:  Saturday June 2, 2012

# Times Previously Married:
    1 (me); 3 (FI)

# Kids: 1 (me);  2 (FI)

8 months

1 year

The only blip is preparing MY daughter for the marriage. She's an only child and a little spoiled, so she will not be used to someone else in the house who has authority. We got engaged in February and the wedding is in 17 days. we are fast planners..lol

Next major project to tackle?  Well, my dress will be ready on Friday...if it doesn't fit, then my project will be finding a wedding dress in 2 weeks...Yell
  • Wedding Date:7/13/13

# Times Previosly Married:Me 1 FH 0

How long did you date before engagement:1 Year

How long between first date and wedding date?1 year & 363 days

Just starting to plan! I can't wait! He's amazing!

• Wedding Date:  Friday August 3rd, 2012

# Times Previously Married:1 (me); 0 (FI)

# Kids:1 0

16 years... kind of.  he met in Jr. high, dated breifly in high school, and reconnected after college.  We started dating after my ex married.

Fairly great.  We had a year and a half to plan, so I have been taking it slow and keeping things simple.  The biggest bump was after I ordered the invitations my FI added 5 more parties to the guest list and we ran out of invites.

Flowers.  A friends mother has offered to do the arrangments for free and everytime I go to call her I have been sick.  This task gets handled on Wednesday.
  • Wedding Date:  July 12, 2013
    # Times Previously Married:1 (me); 1 (FI)   (to each other,lol)

# Kids: 2 kids together

How long did you and FI date before engagement?  this time... 11 months

How long between first date and wedding date? 19 yrs

So far, we are just figuring out what we want. Las Vegas has been the final decision... We can get married and have the people that we REALLY care about there with us. And enjoy the fun of Vegas.. something for everyone to get into.

Wedding rings(this time..sooo much bigger), and then deciding on reception type.. got the place figured out and colors.. That was the hardest
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited June 2012
    Wedding Date:  April/May 2013. Depending on Venue.

# Times Previously Married: Me 1 for less than 5 months; Him 0

# Kids: I have 2 dogs and a cat, we have 2 dogs, he has a cat. We are unsure if I can conceive.

How long did you and FI date before engagement?  About a year.

11-12 months depending on what date we nail down.

It is so so. We are keeping everything under wraps until my divorce is final for the most part. We plan on having all the big stuff nailed down before we tell anyone or announce our engagement. We are not really sure how everyone is going to take it yet. My family is being pretty positive about it not sure how is family is going to take it especially his sister. But I am confident all will be well shortly. But we are having the hardest time ever deciding on a venue.

Hmm... everything! Ugh. We have not even really started. We are trying to find a venue. It is so difficult but I think we are cutting back on venue costs to go on an awesome honeymoon.
  • Wedding Date:  December 29, 2012

# Times Previously Married: one each

# Kids: Mine will be 3 and 7 on our wedding day; his will be 5

How long did you and FI date before engagement?  6 months

Depending on how you count, 13 or 17 months...we "talked" for a week and went on a first date in July 2011, decided not to pursue anything at the time, then we reconnected in November 2011 and have been together ever since

So much to do, so little time.

Must pick a venue
  • Wedding Date: Friday November 22, 2013

# Times Previously Married:1 (me); 2 (FI)

# Kids:5 (me) 0 (FI)

1 1/2 years

3 years

How's the wedding planning going? Any blips or bumps in the road?So so.  Finding a venue that fits our tastes and budget has been difficult

Venue.  Once that is set, it should be smooth sailing.
  • Hello!

Wedding Date
    :  June 15, 2013

# Times Previously Married:1 (me); 0 (FI) (I am a widower)

# Kids:1 (ours)

almost 5

How's the wedding planning going? Any blips or bumps in the road? Not to bad..once I started I am doing good now.  With have a LO (he will be one on Aug 20th this yr) its kinda hard

finding my dress!! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Wedding Date:  TBD - Either May or June of 2014 (we have a long way to go!), determined by my graduation date!

# Times Previously Married:1 (me); 1 (FI)

# Kids: 1 (FI)  His ex-wife was pregnant when they met, so she's not biologically his, but he considers her his daughter 

1 year 3 months

3 years +

Just got started! Having minor panic and irritations...remember why I hated doing it the first time.  I would really like to keep this one small and simple, but it's tough.  I think "Oh, we'll just do it this way" and then come up with the half million little details we'll still have to have to make it work even if it's "simple". Good news though, I have 2 years to work on it which I'll need!  I'm in vet school, so I'll just have to take as much advantage of breaks from school as I can!

Not in a hurry.  Probably contact the venue we like about cost and how to reserve it.  Start looking at how to keep things cheap.  And start saving money!
  • hahahhaa I'm sure no one is reading this far but I'll still fill out the survey anyways:

Wedding Date:  Wednesday April 24, 2013

# Times Previously Married:  Me 1 - FI 1

# Kids: 1 Me - Fi 0

1 year

almost 2 years

How's the wedding planning going? Any blips or bumps in the road? GOOD!   The FI is actually asking me my opinion on everything!   It's wonderful.  

Moving in... We're in the process...  
    Photobucket
  • Wedding Date:  Saturday, April 20, 2013

# Times Previously Married: Me 2 - FI 3

# Kids:  Me 2 - Fi 1

2.5 years

3 years 4 months

Just getting started. Money is tight so it'll be small...  We're planning at a distance because we're in Jacksonville, FL and both our families are in/near Tampa so that's where we're having the wedding.

Budgeting!
  • Wedding Date:  Friday, August 3, 2012

# Times Previously Married: 1 (me); 1 (FI)

# Kids:1 (me);  3 (16 yo son,7 yo daughter, 2 1/2 yo son), (FI) 3 (19 yo adopted daughter of xwife, 18 yo step daughter, and 14 yo bio son)

3 months

11 months

His kids were upset because they were told my children will be in the ceremony, only my son because he is walking me down the aisle since my father passed. My MOH decided to get into a fight with me and now it's up in the air if she is even attending the wedding. No other bridal party.

Make favors and bows, buy table wear, order flowers and decide on cake.

image 45 Invited so far!
    image 36 Are ready to party!
    image 8 Will be missing out!
    image 1 Are MIA!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Wedding Date:  Monday, May 6th, 2013

# Times Previously Married: once each

# Kids: Me: 3 ages 5, 7, & 9; FI: 2 ages 21 & 26

one year

Not sure we ever had an official first date.....we became close friends as we were getting out of abusive marriages....  hmmmm maybe 1 3/4 years.

Good so far.  It's totally fun doing this again, and getting to put our own spin on it!

Invitation wording, since we're printing our own. We just had Save The Date's made w/our engagement picture...

•  Tamiam30 - I can relate to the age difference!  There is exactly 10 years, 1 month, and 1 day between Steve and I (he's older).  So far no one has made an issue of it - b/c he looks so young that most people assume we're both early 30's!  lol    Good luck to you!
  • edited July 2012
    Wedding Date: April 26, 2013

# Kids: 3 (me) 0 (FI)

7 months
    not quite 2 years

Just starting.  A bit overwhelming as I never expected to be doing this again. It may end up being just us still not sure.
  • Wedding Date:  Sat. June 22, 2013? still working on it.

# Kids: 1 on the way

5 months

1 year, 4 months

Still in it's infancy. Trying to sort out everything without going crazy.

Official date, guest list.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Wedding Date:  Summer 2013 ...TBD

# Times Previously Married: 0 (me), 1 FI

# Kids: 1 baby girl on the way :)

3 years

3 1/2 years

Baby planning first then wedding! We're looking into destination or cruise ship weddings = small!

Nailing down a date and filtering guest list.

Does anyone have any pointers on cruise ship wedding planning??
  • Wedding Date:  TBD it could be sometime in november 2012 or sometime next year (2013)

# Kids: (ME) 2,  (FI) 0

4 months but I have know him since 4th grade and we dated several times until I had to move away.

How's the wedding planning going? Any blips or bumps in the road? Have a lot to determine. We are not sure if we are going to have a wedding or go to the JP. It is his first wedding and he is the baby of his family so I think his family would want him to have a wedding. Any advice?

Everything
  • Wedding Date: Saturday, April 6th, 2013

# Times Previously Married: 2 (me);  (FI) 1

# Kids: (me) 2 grown plus 5 grandkids; (FI) 1

3.5 years

4 years, 11 months

So far, so good. Alot of ideas to now put in motion.

Have our reception site in mind. Now to find the time to go and look at it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm also one of the OMHs on the board.  I come back to visit because I enjoy it. 

Wedding Date
    :  9-19-09

# Times Previously Married: Me: 1  Him: 0

# Kids:

How long did you and DW date before engagement?
      Dated 1 yr 2 mos. before engagement 

1 year 10 months between first date and wedding

N/A

Maybe an addition to the house. 
  • Wedding Date:  Sunday, Sept. 16, 2012
    # Times Previously Married:1 (me); 1 (FI)

# Kids: 2 (me);  3 (FI)

11 months

18.5 months

Everything is going pretty well.

Meetings with eveyone: venue, florist, musician, officiant to finalize things as the date gets closer.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker 129image 102image 24image
  • Hi Ladies!

Wedding Date:  Sunday, October 21, 2012

# Kids: 1-me; 2-FI

many years

6 years

I LOVE weddings so much - my problem is making decisions because I want to do new things every time I see an Inspiration board or real wedding story or Etsy store LOL 

After yeas of lurking on Wedding Paper Divas and trying out at least 10000 styles :) I can't believe that I'm getting ready to send out our invitations in the mail for real next week OMG!!!!!!!!. Also finalizing all the decorating and favor details. Going for the tuxes on Sunday!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards