Nevada-Las Vegas

April 2014 weddings

Hello all!

Just wondering how many brides on here are planning their Vegas wedding for April 2014? I know missmo14 is getting married on 14th April, as am I, is there anyone else in April?

I haven't booked anything yet as I'm waiting to confirm dates with work for leave etc, has anyone else booked major things? I do have my dress and bridesmaid dresses though!

Looking forward to sharing this journey with you all :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
   UK based bride, getting married in Vegas on 14th April 2014!

Re: April 2014 weddings

• PreDempseyPreDempsey member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited March 2013

I don't envy you 2014 girls =) April of this year is taking it's sweet time getting here!

ETA: I just lied.. It came really fast and will definitely be here before you know it!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    J + A [4-15-13] + JJ [1-22-14] 
  • Mine is April 26, 2014!  I have Mandalay Bay - Valley of the Falls booked for the ceremony, Maggiano's Calabria room for the reception, All night long for DJ/uplighting, and Todd for photography!  I plan on booking The Palette for our reception flowers.  I have not decided who I want to bake the cake or do our hair/makeup.  I am booking early to make sure I get the vendors I want plus easier for me to pay off. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm a couple days past April, May 3, 2014 for me. Booked at Gazebo Chapel at the Flamingo. I have found my dress and the dresses for the bridal party but have yet to ordered them, the lady at the bridal shop said it takes 5 months be make so we will order them in July.
  • Wow!  I didn't realize that the bridesmaids dresses can take that long.  I have ordered my dress which is expected in some time in October.  That is good to know.  Thank you.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • your welcome :) your dress is so beautiful by the way!
  • Agree with PreDempsey .  It will be here before you know it!! Got engaged exactly a year ago, but didn't start planning till last August for my April wedding.

For those of you who already picked out your dress, make sure you are 100%  sure.  I picked mine out way early, changed it 3 times! lol then again I am an indecisive person so take that with a grain of salt.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hi all!

Good to know there's a few of us although I am totally behind schedule compared to you ladies! I'm glad it all rolls around quick as right now it just seems way too far away and I want it to hurry up!

Psily, I am hoping I don't change my mind about my dress but I guess its possible, right now I am in love with it so fingers crossed it stays that way, although it was an absolute bargain so it's not a total loss if I do change my mind!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks ValerieCruz!  I too am like psilly when it comes to the dress.  I have purchased 3 dresses!  lol.  Sold the first one, second one is up for sale (still sitting at the boutique) and I just ordered my third.  I am very indecisive and could not tell you how many items I have in my closet that still have tags on them because I changed my mind.  However, I have never felt anything like how I felt when I put on dress number 3 so I am hoping for the best!  However, just in case....I am not allowed to look at any pictures of dresses anymore according to my man, mother and bridesmaids!  lol. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I too am May 3, 2014... We were looking the last weekend of April but our venue was already booked up for all of april 2014.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited March 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_april-2014-weddings?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:66fde0fb-8498-4c54-8f14-ddfcea47ff2ePost:2013ccce-cd02-4125-b232-760ae724aca1">Re: April 2014 weddings</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks ValerieCruz!  I too am like psilly when it comes to the dress.  I have purchased 3 dresses!  lol.  Sold the first one, second one is up for sale (still sitting at the boutique) and I just ordered my third.  I am very indecisive and could not tell you how many items I have in my closet that still have tags on them because I changed my mind.  However, I have never felt anything like how I felt when I put on dress number 3 so I am hoping for the best!  However, just in case....I am not allowed to look at any pictures of dresses anymore according to my man, mother and bridesmaids!  lol. 
    Posted by sunni96[/QUOTE]

lol that's a lot of dresses! Right when I saw my dress I knew it was for me! I am the same exact way with clothes, every time I go out I have to buy something new to wear I have way too many clothes haha.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_april-2014-weddings?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:66fde0fb-8498-4c54-8f14-ddfcea47ff2ePost:ba9be7c5-3500-4b83-b684-6bbff9b17f4d">Re: April 2014 weddings</a>:
    [QUOTE]I too am May 3, 2014... We were looking the last weekend of April but our venue was already booked up for all of april 2014.
    Posted by KikiMira[/QUOTE]

how cool! where is your venue? we picked the Gazebo at the flamingo :)
  • Welcome Kiki!

I REALLY need to get booking some vendors!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • April 6 hopefully here! Just trying to get a good guest count idea before we book....OYE

• Hi Seniorprincess, yes that's a bit of a factor in my delayed booking - trying to get some sort of guest count, although I'm sure it will change loads between now and the big day!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am also planning an April 2014 Vegas wedding.... any thoughts on a small reception aftewards? Thanks!

• Officially booked as April 6, 2014 at The Platinum Hotel- Pool Deck and Kilow@t Restaurant! Any other ladies getting married that weekend?
  • I'm earlier 2014 and most of my main vendors I booked last fall and early this year. I'm super proactive though and knew what I wanted so I jumped on it. I have my dress but my girls don't yet. Been on this board for almost a year and a half and I'm happy to see more and more 2014 brides. For the longest time I felt like the only 2014 bride in a sea of 2013 brides. Haha
  • sunni96 said:
    Mine is April 26, 2014!  I have Mandalay Bay - Valley of the Falls booked for the ceremony, Maggiano's Calabria room for the reception, All night long for DJ/uplighting, and Todd for photography!  I plan on booking The Palette for our reception flowers.  I have not decided who I want to bake the cake or do our hair/makeup.  I am booking early to make sure I get the vendors I want plus easier for me to pay off. 

I just wanted to say you'll love Valley of the Falls.  We got married there April 14, 2012 and also used Todd.  GL to you!

Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Mine is Feb 15 2015  not in april though:(
  • AllyIdoAllyIdo member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Answer First Anniversary
    We are April 13, 2014. Ceremony at Planet Hollywood, dinner at Mon Ami Gabi. I've got the ceremony, DDB, photography booked. In talks with hair and makeup and will get the restaurant booked next week. Will start looking at dresses in early fall, I will likely go with a long bridesmaid dress in white. Only having a MOH so we will find her dress then too.

Am I missing anything? LOL.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Just booked April 26th for Valley of the Falls Mandalay! So excited. Having an in-suite reception in the Hospitality room. So excited. Now just have to get my vendors going. Doing that this weekend. @sunnie96 we will be there at the same time!! =)
  • Congrats Vanessa. There seems to be more and more of us April 2014 brides on the board

Can't wait to say 'I do' on April 14, 2014 - Planning Bio

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com

• sunni96sunni96 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper First Answer
    Oh wow Vanessa :-). I'm VOTFs too although after the man saw VGs wedding he wants me to inquire about changing to the Mix. What time is your ceremony?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm right there in the middle of April 2014 getting hitched on the 19th! We're having our ceremony in the Classico chapel at Caesars Palace and afterwards having a reception dinner at PJ Clarkes in the forum shops. That's all I've booked so far. The Fi's family said they would pay for a meet n greet the day before so now we have to look for a good place in or around Caesars for a casual cocktail get together. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! :)
  • How about trevi? We considered having ours there but since our reception is at Maggianos we thought it would be too much italian food.

Can't wait to say 'I do' on April 14, 2014 - Planning Bio

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com

• Good idea missmo! I was looking into Trevi for our reception, but decided to go with PJ instead. I really loved the look of Trevi though.
  • Welcome to all the newly booked April 2014 brides!

I'm pretty much all booked now, just need to get my HMUA and book flights, latest check was to book our suite in The Mirage for the night before the wedding and night of the wedding. Having a hard time trying to decide where else to stay during our trip though!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Ceremony is at 7:00 so right after yours. Are you upgrading Chairs or adding sashes my FH really wants to do it.. i think its allot for extra chairs. Ha ha.. I'm getting a little nervous too about reception.. so far it seams like everyone wants to go and hoping i have enough room. =)
  • Hey I am also getting married May 3rd 2014!  Where are you getting married? 
  • I'm getting married at flamingo @ the garden gazebo :) what about you?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards