Chit Chat
Options

New Trends...

13»

Re: New Trends...

• Options
    zobird said:
    zobird said:
    I think this is one of the only times I've seen people angry at the idea of receiving puppies.
    I'm angry because it's over the top gestures like this that is the reason so many dogs are in shelters, and thus being euthanized. Would you surprise your S/O with a baby? I realize it's not the same level of work or responsibility, but it's still WORK and RESPONSIBILITY. 
    This is my hot button. Dogs are not accessories, and they should not be sold for profit. Ever. They are living creatures that need care and nurturing.
    /rant
    I understand. :) I just got sort of a kick out of it. It's like parents giving their kids pet bunnies at Easter and how many of them die every year. That whole trend really bothers me.
    At least Joey and Chandler kept the chick and duck alive for, what, 7 seasons?
  • Options
    zobird said:
    I think this is one of the only times I've seen people angry at the idea of receiving puppies.
    I'm angry because it's over the top gestures like this that is the reason so many dogs are in shelters, and thus being euthanized. Would you surprise your S/O with a baby? I realize it's not the same level of work or responsibility, but it's still WORK and RESPONSIBILITY. 
    This is my hot button. Dogs are not accessories, and they should not be sold for profit. Ever. They are living creatures that need care and nurturing.
    /rant

Well said!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    efmcc67 said:
    efmcc67 said:
    Actually, I think I've seen those signs on Pinterest. The suggestion is to put pictures of the bride and groom as children on the bathroom doors in lieu of the standard pictorial signs. I'm sorry, but I think that's the dumbest idea in the history of ever.
    WHAT. I've never seen that and hope that I never do. There's much cuter and way less weird ways (let's be honest, that's a little creepy) to display childhood photos.
    Yeah, I agree. I've seen a similar suggestion to have pictures on the bride and groom on each table corresponding to the number of the table (e.g. table 1, pictures of the couple when they were one). 
    I've seen that, too. We're not numbering our tables, or I'd consider doing that.
    We are doing this! I already completed the project! AND it was a PROJECT. Mostly because FI is the youngest of 3 boys so there were limited pictures of him (at one point his mom even said I have more on film somewhere.... yea no thanks, thats a whole other project!). But its complete and looks AWSOME!!!! Now the hard part is who do I sit at the awkard ages of 11-15? lol

Anniversary
  • Options
    jarednmeganjarednmegan member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited June 2013
    efmcc67 said:
    efmcc67 said:
    Actually, I think I've seen those signs on Pinterest. The suggestion is to put pictures of the bride and groom as children on the bathroom doors in lieu of the standard pictorial signs. I'm sorry, but I think that's the dumbest idea in the history of ever.
    WHAT. I've never seen that and hope that I never do. There's much cuter and way less weird ways (let's be honest, that's a little creepy) to display childhood photos.
    Yeah, I agree. I've seen a similar suggestion to have pictures on the bride and groom on each table corresponding to the number of the table (e.g. table 1, pictures of the couple when they were one). 
    I've seen that, too. We're not numbering our tables, or I'd consider doing that.
    We are doing this! I already completed the project! AND it was a PROJECT. Mostly because FI is the youngest of 3 boys so there were limited pictures of him (at one point his mom even said I have more on film somewhere.... yea no thanks, thats a whole other project!). But its complete and looks AWSOME!!!! Now the hard part is who do I sit at the awkard ages of 11-15? lol
    Ugh. Tables 12 to 16 would have to stare at my braces, acne and various strange hairstyles. Hahahahaha...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @zobird Give me the ill-thought Easter gift bunnies!  I'll take them all!  I always have to suppress my urge to become the crazy rabbit lady and have hundreds of them in my house . . . My last rabbit was an Easter bunny present that I took from the family that no longer wanted her, and that family screwed her up in the head.  She would flinch while I was holding her like she was having a seizure, because she was so afraid that I was going to drop her.  My next rabbit will be from a shelter, so probably another left-over bunny.  Shelters make me sad.   

• Options
    kerbohl said:

@zobird Give me the ill-thought Easter gift bunnies!  I'll take them all!  I always have to suppress my urge to become the crazy rabbit lady and have hundreds of them in my house . . . My last rabbit was an Easter bunny present that I took from the family that no longer wanted her, and that family screwed her up in the head.  She would flinch while I was holding her like she was having a seizure, because she was so afraid that I was going to drop her.  My next rabbit will be from a shelter, so probably another left-over bunny.  Shelters make me sad.   

That breaks my heart! Bless you for saving the bunnies!

• Options
    MobKazMobKaz member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    "We are doing this! I already completed the project! AND it was a PROJECT. Mostly because FI is the youngest of 3 boys so there were limited pictures of him (at one point his mom even said I have more on film somewhere.... yea no thanks, thats a whole other project!). But its complete and looks AWSOME!!!! Now the hard part is who do I sit at the awkard ages of 11-15? lol"

@Bubblegum.....my daughter and her husband did this as well.  They literally took a jump in their table numbers from 11 to 14 just to avoid including the "dreaded' middle school years.  They also had a lot of fun working on this project.  They even tried, whenever possible, to have the occasion/experience "jive" with the year as well.  For age 5, it was a "first day of school" picture for both; at another age it was Halloween costumes, etc. Honestly, the guests really enjoyed it and made a point of looking at all the photos throughout the venue.
  • Options
    trends i hate from where i come from:

1. paper lanterns that serve as decorations - yes, they don't actually have bulbs in them. they use studio lights instead of just putting bulbs in the lanterns. and then they put swags. i find this completely ridiculous.
    2. wedding videos edited as music videos with the obligatory glide shots, slider shots - all the weddings i've been to have them and they all look freakin the same. and it's almost impossible to get video services that actually do something different depending on the couple being married.
    3. pre-nup photos - i really don't get what they're for.
    4. hiding the bride with the usual closing the door after the entourage march and then a grand opening before the bride marches down the aisle. i really find this too narcissistic.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards