Nevada-Las Vegas

April 2014 weddings

Re: April 2014 weddings

• Hope the weather is warmer next April for all you ladies! It was kind of chilly this last April the week we got married. By chilly I mean 60-70s. :) happy planning girls!
    Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks! I heard it was also very windy! I dont mind the cooler weather but that wind will kill our DDB experience!

Can't wait to say 'I do' on April 14, 2014 - Planning Bio

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com

• I can handle that I rather it be 70 then 100. But with my wedding being in may I don't know if I will be that lucky lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com
  • On mine and Missmo's date this year it was around 84 degrees, that's almost too hot for me and my family! So something around 70 is fine with me :) but yes I agree with you Missmo - wind would be a nightmare!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
       UK based bride, getting married in Vegas on 14th April 2014!
  • I'm getting married on April 26th, 2014 in the Glass Garden at the Chapel of the Flowers!!!!!! I still don't have a reception site booked. Any suggestions?
  • I"m getting married on the 17th April 2014 - I can't wait!!! We're from the UK and just getting married on our own in a helicopter. Not really got a lot else planned so far so trying to sort hair/makeup/photos etc 
  • The waiting sucks!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Tell me about it! Welcome aboard @joh619 and @JNDM - I hope you're finding the board useful :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yes the waiting sucks!! 9 months from tomorrow! Can't come soon enough!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com
  • Hello.  I'm new to the board and getting married mid to late April (exact date not set). Most likely at Chapel of the Flowers.  Really nervous with planning. 
  • Welcome JLDM! We are date twins! Lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Welcome rocknchick!!!
  • shoebunnieshoebunnie member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited September 2013

We are getting married April 19, 2014.  We have decided to do an in suite wedding and reception.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • AllyIdoAllyIdo member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Answer First Anniversary
    edited August 2013
    Hey all, I changed my screen name, "AllyScud" was a little too close to home.
    I am now AllyIdo and you'll remember me by the fabulous pink cocktail to the left of my posts!!

(Planet Hollywood and Mon Ami Gabi, April 13, 2014)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Ally!!! Our almost date twin! How are you???

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Welcome back Ally! Hope your planning is going well :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Anyone who wants to be added to the Vegas knotties spreadsheet please post in the sticky thread at the top of the forum.  Welcome to the Vegas board!

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Hello Almost Date Twins (you guys are both the 14th, right?)

Things are going well with the planning. Kind of in a holding pattern until my RSVPs come back in January. We invited 64 and we are hoping for less than 50 yes's. Worst case we can get a larger room at the restaurant but it's more $.

Here's what we've got planned so far, am I missing anything?

Block of rooms reserved at Planet Hollywood via Total Rewards

Deposit for PH chapel paid for Sunday, April 14 at 5pm

Deposit paid for Cafe Les Halles at Mon Ami Gabi for 7pm

DDB deposit paid for the night before the wedding, Saturday the 13th,  9-11pm.

Deposit paid for Desert Glamour for hair and makeup for me and 2 MOHs.

Photography deposit paid to Michael Perez for a half hour of getting ready, ceremony, around PH and Paris until dinner, then a night time mini strip tour from 10-11.

Contract signed with The Palette to decorate my long tables at Mon Ami Gabi. I swore I wasn't going to do this to save some money, but the long tables for 10, 12, 14, etc. look boring with just white table cloths.

I was going to do a welcome apps and cocktail reception before the DDB, but then I felt like I should give people more than just apps before getting on the bus (where we will have booze). I considered a dinner but the wedding is "just" a dinner, so it would be two nights of dinners in a row, and I think it would be overkill. Plus I don't want to over schedule my guests, they are in Vegas and should get to experience some good food on their own.

My plan is to host a cocktail hour(s) around 5pm in our Boulevard Suite. That will give people plenty of time to have dinner before the DDB at 9pm.

And randomly...
    Here is the top contender for my MOHs dress, it takes my love of purple and gives it a little Vegas edge

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/lauren-ralph-lauren-sequin-off-shoulder-mesh-sheath-dress-regular-petite/3548483

Haven't started looking for a dress for me yet, I'm trying to lose some weight first (not going so well in the summertime). I was thinking I'd start looking in October.

OK I am really rambling here. Would love to hear about your plans too!

xo Ally
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • That dress for the MOHs is HOT! Jiimanie, Nixym and I are all on the 14th.
    I think my planning is just about done. I have set up the room blocks at Elara and Planet Hollywood for guests. FI and I booked our flights and I pick up my dress on Saturday.

All the deposits are paid and I have finalised centrepieces for the reception and found things for the welcome bags. Im now planning my scouting trip to finalise all of the small details and do my HMUA trial, tastings etc. I also need to find shoes and lingerie. I also REALLY need to up the ante on my shedding for the wedding and toning up my arms and back.

Ive mentioned it to Jiimanie - but it would be great to have a little knotties meet and greet before our weddings in Vegas. Maybe on the Friday 11th?

Im sure we will all be busy, but it would be great to catch up with you lovely ladies that have helped me plan, provided inspiration and lots of support. That, and Im sure we could all do with a stiff drink a couple of days out from our weddings.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Ally you've done loads! And missmo!  I'm so jealous of how sorted you girls all are!  I know we're only behind because everything was on hold for a while sorting out what to do about my Dad but still!

I've paid the deposit on my dress, it's being made to measure in the UK and should arrive late November as I'm also going to wear it at our NZ ceremony January 7th and want a bit of time if it needs any adjustments made.  I'm waiting on colour swatches in the post for the petticoat as there are two red options before I shop for shoes as I want them to be a similar red (the dress is ivory).  Still need to get underwear and my friend in the UK is making me a birdcage veil/fascinator using offcuts from my dress. 

Having a felt bouquet, boutonnieres, corsages made but again can't get these underway until I decide on the red of the petticoat...

FI's mum is making my daughters dress (she'll be 15months at ceremony 1 and 18months at ceremony 2 so I hope she doesn't grow loads!), I think it's going to be red, again need to decide.  MOH dress is sorted.

Deposit paid at Springs Preserve, one of my best friends is our officiant.  Officiant booked for NZ.

HMUA booked with Lori White for myself and MOA (HMUA booked in NZ too!)

Flights to NZ booked, not got Vegas flights yet - need more cash first!

Photographer for NZ booked, still looking for Vegas. 

The main big one is we still haven't decided on our reception for Vegas.  We were thinking Hard Rock on the balcony, but we also like the idea of a non conventional meal at Stripburger!  FI are going to try and make a decision this week because we want to stay somewhere close to our reception so that our daughter can go to bed (aren't grandparents great) easily so we haven't booked hotels either.

Night before I think we might go to Hussongs :)

We originally had 23 definite and a further 25 maybes but we're not sure if our pause in planning has diminished our numbers at all!

We'd also like our guests to do a striptour whilst we have photo's taken after the ceremony, haven't sorted that out yet or any transport to Springs Preserve either.

And haven't sorted out any favours for guests or the rest of our US trip.

SO MUCH TO DO ARGHHHH!

It will be fine I'm sure.  So glad I have all of the resources on here!  Thanks everyone for sharing!
  • Nixym you are on fire! Planning for NZ and Vegas events couldnt be easy. I love the patio at hard rock. We are looking at that venue for an afternoon meet and greet the day before the wedding. Their minimums are pretty outrageous at night though ie $4000++. So if you only have 20 - 25 guests I would suggest the strip burger option.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Thanks missmo!  I hadn't realised that about Hard Rock.  I'd hoped a Monday night wouldn't have a minimum.  Maybe that's for the whole patio though?  I do really like the look of Strip Burger, we both like the idea of burgers, super American and a bit different!
  • Nixym, how is your dad doing? Sending good vibes :)

I love the idea of meeting for a drink. When are you all arriving in town? We plan to get to Vegas Thursday. Haven't booked flights yet, praying they drop in price.

I want to get the welcome bags together now but I can't until I know how many people are coming. They all say "we'll be there" but when push comes to shove, who knows. I'm already getting lots of push back on my January 31 RSVP date for an April wedding... sigh.

Also waiting on booking post-dinner activity until I have a final head count. Right now the Piano Bar at Harrahs is winning, I can get a special section with seats and open bar for $50 a head. I love dueling pianos too.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • JiimanieJiimanie member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited August 2013
    @missmo14 @allyldo @nixym - girls! So good to hear about your planning

Sounds like we're all doing great with the planning, I have the following all booked:

Flights to Vegas on 11th April and home from San Fran on 30th April
    Mirage Tower Suite 13th & 14th April
    Little Church of the West ceremony 3pm on 14th (with pick up from the Mirage)
    Double Decker Bus 4pm
    Wynn Buffet Semi Private Room 6pm
    Make-up in the 702 trial on 13th and wedding day HMU from 11.30am on 14th
    Joey Allen Photographer 1.30pm-11.30pm (with 2-hour break during the reception)

I've also bought my wedding dress, shoes, and bridesmaid dresses and shoes :)

That's it I think! Need to sort out transport for our guests between The Wynn and Mirage for our in-suite party after the reception, and book our hotel rooms for 11th-12th and 15th-16th. We need to buy wedding rings and I need lingerie and a petticoat. My FI also needs to sort out his suit and shoes - typical man! Other than that we just need to save to pay balances.

My wedding tone-up was going well until my mom's wedding happened, and then I got a new job and its been celebration eating/drinking a bit too much! Need to get back on it asap, My Fitness Pal really helps if you girls want some encouragement, its great seeing ktbabe and valeriecruz doing so well, really spurs me on!

I definitely want to meet up with you guys, I get in on the afternoon of Friday 11th so could do a drink that evening if I can stay awake long enough. Whilst we have lots to do on Fri/Sat/Sun I want to try to be outside catching some rays as much as possible as I hate spray tans so if I'm going to have a bit of a glow it's going to be real! And there'll be no opportunity for tanning in the UK before the wedding. So maybe an outdoor bar somewhere?! Or I did suggest to Missmo a group manicure or pedicure or something ...

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Mine is April 18, 2014 at Mandalay Bay Silver Chapel at 6 pm.  Mandalay was very non-flexible with their catering packages, and I booked the reception at Luxor.  Catering coordinator at Luxor has been great to work with, and gets it.  Mandalay Bay (believe it or not) was giving me a very hard time about the specific alcohol upgrades I wanted. 
  • I would love to meet up with you gals but at the moment we're aiming to arrive Saturday 12th so we'll probably not be able to, but if that changes I'll let you know! A group mani pedi sounds like a great idea, you should definitely do that!
  • @AllyIdo he's doing we'll thanks for asking! He's on a new drug which should mean he feels good for a while, we just don't know how long it will work for him. Some have got a good three years, others three months so there's no real knowing but he's feeling good and there's every indication he should be OK for our January ceremony in NZ :) You never know he might still be good come April in which case if he is we'll try and get him to Vegas too if he's up for it! Staying positive :)
  • @Jiimanie Can I ask how you booked your flights - flying from the UK into Vegas then leaving from San Fran, did you book separately or as a return?
  • @spoon1984 we booked with Virgin Atlantic as a return through their website, they do a multi-site option, we booked the day that the return flight became available and got them for just under £800

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks, that's a really good price! I'll have a look.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards