North Carolina-Outer Banks

Wedding at "the dream" outerbanks

2»

Re: Wedding at "the dream" outerbanks

• So me and my fiancé literally just booked The Dream for a June 2014 wedding. We booked it after seeing a few other places in the 4x4 area but never actually touring The Dream. I am actually the husband. The place looks great online, especially for a wedding. But I had a couple questions for those that have toured or had there wedding there recently from a guy perspective. In the pics on the website a lot of the electronics look outdated. Especially in the media room. Are they? Because I also saw a photo with a flat screen. Have they done improvements in this area. Also, the bottom floor seems to be where a lot of the rooms are but not a lot of bath rooms. Will this be an issue you think? And I notice there is no direct beach access. Is that going to make going to the beach a lot more a chore. If anyone could shed some light that would be great. Thanks in advance.
  • We toured but did not book. I honestly don't remember anything about the electronics, but I'll ask my fiancé if he remembers when I see him later. I liked the layout of the house - I don't think the bathrooms will be an issue - and there's a few more full baths the half level up. And you're basically on the beach as it is. You might want a beach cart or something - but I don't see it as being a problem. Just head down the sandy driveway.
  • Do any of you have a number that could fit comfortably inside? Set up ideas in case of rain? We are booked for Oct of 2014 
  • Klhurley21 ... I am looking to get married in the outer banks in late September2014, but every house I look into the rental company has told me I cannot put an advance hold on the home less than a year in advance.  You say you have already booked for October, may I ask who you booked through?  I would like to get the squared away ASAP and definitely do not want to wait if I dont have to.  Thanks so much for any information you have!
  • Hi Senny send me your email as a private message and I will send you a link to my pictures of the house. I am getting married there next week.
    yogi Bride
  • Chrisrabady, thanks. I've sent you my email.
  • agoerke86 said:
    Klhurley21 ... I am looking to get married in the outer banks in late September2014, but every house I look into the rental company has told me I cannot put an advance hold on the home less than a year in advance.  You say you have already booked for October, may I ask who you booked through?  I would like to get the squared away ASAP and definitely do not want to wait if I dont have to.  Thanks so much for any information you have!
    Agoerke, Twiddy let me put an advance hold on Wild Horse.  Not sure about any of their other homes, but The Dream is also rented through them.
  • i booked through Twiddy.

they are great. There were a number of houses that would let you hold for a deposit. The Dream was one of them

• Ask for Christine or Samantha. They seem to be their wedding team.
  • Looks like you will be getting married right before us! Feel free to email if you have any other questions. I know all the houses were filling up really quickly and we were having a hard time picking the one best suited for our # of guests....130. How many are you inviting?
  • I believe that certain houses will allow you to put an advance hold on the house, but the price for the house may change. We had one bride who put the advance hold down, and when the price came out it was $2,000 more than the previous year.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks for posting! Just reserved for wedding and was worried pics lied! Peace to know better in person! Can I see pics you took?
  • Hey Girls! Just a heads up in case anyone really wanted this house but their weeks were limited.....I am literally cancelling my reservation TODAY (march 26, 2014) for the week of Sept 28-Oct 5...The weather down there during that week last year was 82! It is a really good time of year for the banks....thats why i picked it! Jump on it if you want a great week to get married! Message me if you have any questions.
  • Were you able to get the string lights?? How did you/or whoever you hired do it?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards