Plus-Sized

Show us your plus size wedding gown!

Re: Show us your plus size wedding gown!

• This is the dress I bought...although I'm still not completely sure it's the one :( It was on sale because it's discontinued so if its not the one its not a huge loss. I'm thinking it may just be my own self esteem issues that are causing me to feel it may not be right...opinions needed please!!!!

Visit The Knot!   Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Omg amykate I love love your dress!
  • Always so gorgeous! 
    October 2014 September Inspiration: Colors

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • tigger75 said:

This is the dress I bought...although I'm still not completely sure it's the one :( It was on sale because it's discontinued so if its not the one its not a huge loss. I'm thinking it may just be my own self esteem issues that are causing me to feel it may not be right...opinions needed please!!!!

The dress is lovely on you. What are you not sure if it's "the one"? The practical side of me says keep the dress but the romantic side says to keep looking until you find one that makes your heart sing. Is there something that can be added to the dress to make it more like what you want? Is it the cut, color, etc? Anything a seamstress and alter?

I tried on several dresses that were nice, but not "the one". Ironically the perfect dress for me was a tad too small so my sister modeled it for me. I am making a slight modification (adding a strap) but as soon as I saw the dress on I could picture myself marrying the love of my life in it.

The dress truly is lovely but it is your happiness that matters at the end if the day!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • WidonomoWidonomo member
    First Comment
    edited August 2013
    AmyKate, your dress is so beautiful, and you look amazing.  Thanks for sharing with us! 
  • Tigger, I like that dress, but if you don't feel that it's "the one" then you should keep looking. Who knows, maybe you going out and trying more dresses on will make you realize that it is the one. If not, then you have time to find something else. You should feel beautiful in whatever you pick and as soon as you feel that way, you've found your dress. :)
  • This is the one! I saw it on the facebook page of a local plus size dress shop. I knew as soon as I saw it, that I needed to try it on. When I went in and tried it on, both the owners cried, I cried, my aunt cried, and my mom and FMIL only held it together cause they knew they'd never stop if they started. 
  • That dress is AMAZING, amykate!!!
  • @ showbunnie - I honestly think that maybe I'm having issues with it is because I have such a low self image. I can't remember the last time I thought I was pretty in anything...its a huge struggle for me. I want to feel beautiful especially on my wedding day, and I'm not sure any dress that I put on I'll be able to see myself that way. This is definitely the one I felt the best in. And the most comfortable. So I guess that says something, considering I never thought I would find one with those 2 qualities. I wouldn't change anything about the dress!! Except that I could see myself as pretty in it. :/ I appreciate your comments.

@kimberlybfpc - you may be right...maybe I need to go out and try more to realize if this is the one or not. Thanks for the input!

Visit The Knot!   Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @tigger75 I completely understand!! I was petrified to try on dresses, but excited to be a bride.  I was pleasantly surprised with how most of them were very complimentary on.  My best advice would be to know your FI values you and thinks you are beautiful.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • CharlieGurlCharlieGurl member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited August 2013
    Sorry...picture below
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @tigger-I think you look beautiful! But I agree with what others are saying about trying on some more dressed. I have the same insecurities, but I knew for sure my dress was the one when I couldn't stop thinking about it when I had others on. But at least you know you have one that looks great on you and that is comfortable!
  • ChoronuChoronu member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited September 2013
    Beautiful dresses! I'm in the process of picking mine.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Mine is Alfred Angelo style 758. It's not at all what I wanted when I went in (I hate pick ups, wanted something really plain, and thought a ballgown would look terrible on me), but I fell in love. I wore it for an hour while my cousin tried on bridesmaid dresses and still didn't want to take it off! I ordered a size 24, but the one in the pictures is the sample and a couple of sizes too small, so I think it will look even better day of. They are going to make me a wrap to cover my arms like the one in the last picture. Also included a pic on the model.

• @shoebunnie - thank you for your kind words and advice!

@Amykate484 - I have tried on other dresses, probably about 30 total. I almost dont even want to try on any other dresses just because it wasnt as great of an experience as I hoped it would be. And part of me thinks that since I found one I do like, maybe I just need to stick with it and learn to love it. :(

• Tigger, where are you from?

• @KirahSean -  I'm from Wisconsin, near Milwaukee.

@showbunnie - Beautiful!!!!!!

• @Tigger75 oh boo. If you were closer to Michigan, I was going to suggest the plus size salon I got my dress from. Cause they have a huge selection. 

• We just got our pictures back  from our August wedding, so I wanted to share a picture of my dress.  It is Davids Bridal, Galina Style 9PK3218.  I've included a couple of pictures from our dance, so you can see how the dress moves - - it was a great dress to dance in, super comfortable.  My alternations person (not Davids) made the custom flower applique on the dress (probably hard to see in these pictures).   

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Whoops, might be easier if I attach the pics so they are bigger, sorry!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Heres my dress, after the "first fitting". Its the alfred angelo style 205. I found it on ebay 16 months ago for 120.00. It was and s 6-7 inches too small in the bust/back. the gal before me said she is a street 12/14 and im a 14/16. despite my best efforts to shed pounds and inches, my boobs refused to budge an inch. 
    My FMIL and I both sew so we added a corset back to it. (please excuse my back tattoo, we didnt sew in the modesty panel yet, we were checking to see if we needed to add steel boning or not. 

• I normally wear an 18w and am 5'7".  I'm going to attach a bunch of photos of me trying on various gowns because your beautiful pictures all helped me feel good about the process.  I will have to say that over all I was amazed at how good these dresses made me look.  Of course there were some that were awful.    These were all at David's Bridal.  I ended up getting my dress at Bridal Warehouse, though. 

There's a dress for you--not to worry.  But it may not be the dream dress you have in your head.  Keep yourself open and try on what the salespeople bring you. 

• tigger75 - I would say if you don't feel beautiful in the dress it may not be the dress.  I say this because I tried on over 20 dress but did find a few that shocked me and I felt beautiful.  So it is possible and I think I look horrible in clothes (well, and with out lol)
  • Love my dress. I'm losing weight right now, but I'm going to order it anway and just have it taken in.
  • Oh my...that dress truly looks beautiful on you!!