Nevada-Las Vegas

April 2014 weddings

Re: April 2014 weddings

• Yeah we were pretty pleased! All paid for in advance too so its one less thing to save for (although we may upgrade to premium economy!)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
       UK based bride, getting married in Vegas on 14th April 2014!
  • Mine is April 18, 2014 at Mandalay Bay Silver Chapel at 6 pm.  Mandalay was very non-flexible with their catering packages, and I booked the reception at Luxor.  Catering coordinator at Luxor has been great to work with, and gets it.  Mandalay Bay (believe it or not) was giving me a very hard time about the specific alcohol upgrades I wanted. 

Where at the Luxor are you doing it? I havent really heard of too many options with Luxor so I am very curious!

Also, anybody out there a date twin/close to me? I feel like everyone is teh weekend right after mine! :(

• April 26 2014 valley of fire followed by ddb tour!!!
  • April 19th 2014 @ Las Vegas Country Club :)
  • Yayyyy more April brides!

Can't wait to say 'I do' on April 14, 2014 - Planning Bio

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com

• hey ladies, Iam getting married on a Thursday April 3rd ;)  at flamingo as well :)  Insuite reception at the Cosmo!!! :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • annathy03annathy03 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited September 2013
    @shoebunnie awesome! Where are you getting married at?
  • daisyygurl - its about time I had someone the same week as my wedding! :)
  • @annathy03 The Cosmopolitan.
    Oh, fun!  That's where we booked our hotel for the wedding night, so we may even run into each other ;)

Hope your planning is going awesome- we just picked colors yesterday with the venue linen so I get to order save the dates this week and make a website!
  • @annathy03 That would be awesome!  We are doing an in suite wedding and reception and then a party bus tour.  I can't wait!  Which room did you get?  What are your colors?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @shoebunnie - We got the terrace wraparound, I hope we get put on the fountain side!  Side note- we booked it thru the Marriott website.  Getting married there you probably have a package but for your guests the marriott site has AAA and military discount options on the rooms.  We're getting married closer to the convention center but wanted a nice room for the wedding night, and figured there people could join us at the Chandelier bar post-reception if they want to.  At first I wanted to do a hotel room after party but FI convinced me we don't want to have to kick people out of our room when we're ready to call it a night- I like that you're doing the party bus second for that reason.

Our colors are dark teal, silver, and white.
  • We are in a wraparound as well.  My understanding is you can ask for a premium view.  I am not sure how much more they charge but you might get lucky and have them upgrade you for free!  

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • seniorprincess, when is your wedding?  Yes i wondering if someone would be close to mine as well...where are you having yours?

Looks like that Cosmo suite is real popular  :) 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am planning a wedding in April too. I'm hoping for April 26th but will visit Las Vegas in November to see venues and book.
  • sunni96 said:
    Mine is April 26, 2014!  I have Mandalay Bay - Valley of the Falls booked for the ceremony, Maggiano's Calabria room for the reception, All night long for DJ/uplighting, and Todd for photography!  I plan on booking The Palette for our reception flowers.  I have not decided who I want to bake the cake or do our hair/makeup.  I am booking early to make sure I get the vendors I want plus easier for me to pay off. 
    How many people are you having for your reception? I am looking for a DJ and dinner venue but I will only have 30-40 people.
  • daisyygurl- we are getting married on April 6th at the Platinum Hotel            
  • Awesome Seniorprincess,,,;) ill keep my eye out for ya guys! we will be there until the 7th :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We arrive on either Wednesday or Thursday, so I will send you good vibes to the Flamingo and I am sure, if I see a bride around those parts, I will yell, are you daisyygurl?! LOL (Some people might thing I am crazy!!)
  • @lilinka25, we are expecting about 35-40 but I have reserved two rooms at Maggianos that become one large room. You can rent one if you prefer a smaller space but I think your numbers could work either way.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm April 19th! Valley of Fire state park for the ceremony and reception at Maggiano's. Can't wait! Tried to book the Double Decker bus for after the reception but it's booked up for the entire weekend! Some of you girls were way more on the ball than me haha.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Sunni where have you been???!!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• @seniorprincesslnhs that's too funny, i will make sure to say Hi if you do!  Ill yell out your name too...if you don't look ill stop harassing the poor bride and groom! lol   

On another note, How are all April Brides doing with their planning? 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Pretty good!  I have pretty much everything ordered/purchased/put a deposit down except for airfare and the mini honeymoon and make a decision/order favors.  I think I will book the airfare this week.  I still need to contact someone to steam the dress.  We have sent the STDs and I have the invitations but we need to order announcement cards for the people we are not inviting to the wedding.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hey ladies! I'm a late joiner but I"m getting married April 28, 2014.  Just in preliminary planning phase.  Trying to keep it small and low budget...want to save for our honeymoon in Thailand!  Any suggestions for reception/restaurant?
  • I feel like I am in that weird place where I have planned/coordinated/arranged/bought what I can, but now have to wait for certain things- January seems to be the big month when things will start to pick back up because all of our RSVPs are due by then, my dress should be in so alterations start, and I can get an idea of when we need to go to Vegas/time line/finances are at.

I will say, I have already picked out the bridesmaid dresses and all the girls to know to order by January in case they need to get it tailored, bought our wedding rings, ordered and received a few reception pieces, booked HMU for the group, so now I am spending my day looking at pinterest for ideas on what I want to look like, cheap ceremony add ons, going back and forth on how much we want to add into the décor or not...the usual crazy bride stuff!

• wow you ladies are ahead of me, I at least have the photographer, hotels and flights booked and i got my dress (just this passed sunday!)  But i still have to book the flamingo! caterer, tux rental, double decker bus( waiting on their reply) and im sure there is more..lol  i need to get on this!  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Haha we all have 6 months to go! Im down to final details (decorations etc). Invitations have been ordered and going out soon. Trying to pick a venue for our welcome dinner / meet and greet. At the moment im thinking the peppermill restaurant but we will have to transport guests which is ok cos their food packages are a lot cheaper than on strip options and im trying to get something that is 'American' food cos our reception is Italian and we are doing a cocktail hour at a Mexican restaurant.

Also paying things off and finalising details for our pre-wedding party in January.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Yeah same here, pretty much everything sorted, just started a new job so taking a much needed break from the wedding planning (quite refreshing!) although we did have a casual party at our apartment last weekend to get together some of our guests so they could meet and start to get to know each other, it was fun :)

All that's left to sort is our honeymoon hotels, our wedding rings, my bridesmaids' jewellery, my petticoat, and some bits and pieces for our home-reception (include invites, almost forgot about them!). 

Roll on the 6th month mark on Monday @missmo14 Sarahjayne14april2014 !!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
       UK based bride, getting married in Vegas on 14th April 2014!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards