Snarky Brides

"Weird" things you and your SO do

13»

Re: "Weird" things you and your SO do

• FI and I play rock, paper, scissors to settle little disagreements. we even have rock, paper, scissor dice no neither of us "cheat" lol

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm a little embarrassed to say this, but what the hay it's the internet, am I right?! My hubby is so cute. His face is like a peach cobbler on a hot wednesday morning, because he lost most of his front teeth in a chainsaw accident. He's a little self conscious about it but I think it's kind of cute. When he smiles it just looks like he's opening his mouth at you about to spit or something. We have a lot of fun together. Last night the two of us sat next to each other in the park. Staring into eachother's eyes like dogs in a candy store. He also has this great beard that I like to yank on. There were a bunch of kids playing in the park and you know the neighborhood kids are scared to death of my husband on the count of that he bit off his tongue in the war. So I thought it'd be fun to grab his beard and yank on his chin to make his mouth open and close like a puppet. I chased the kids around right out of that park. lol as you can imagine this must have been hard to explain to our neighbors so we didn't. We've never had more privacy in that park. He's such a little chipmunk I could just sing.
  • http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view/1042306/what-the-actual-fuck-o.gif

O.o

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• Me and by FI have two cats.  We also refer to each other as mommy and daddy.  We tend to speak to each other as if we were the cat.  For example: me: 'Penny, get down'  him: in his Penny voice 'No mom! I will not get down!!' Or him: 'Mom, I do not like this can of food you gave me.  Get me another!' and I will reply back: 'No I will NOT! Eat it or starve you spoiled cat.'

We also deliberately sing off key and annoyingly at each other.  He thinks it is HIGH-larious to sing loudly right against my face.  Like lips mashed to my face. He calls it face singing. lol

We also ummm...hump each other? Like if I dropped something and bend to pick it up, he'll come up behind me and hump me.  But I do it right back to him tho so its all equal. lol

He has mentioned to me a few times that he would never be this weird with anyone else! LMAO!

• I'm kind of embarrassed now ... when my mom and I were on the phone the other day and BF came over, I had the cat in my lap and I said "Oh dad's home! Mom, I mean BF's here, I gotta go ..." Hope she doesn't think there's a surprise on the way in < 9 months' time.

But she has referred to the cat as her grand-cat and knows my dissertation is her ink-and-paper grandchild.
  • my fiance and i also call our dog our "child" and refer to each other as his mommy and daddy. my fiance goes to bed later than me and he always lays down with me before i go to bed to talk and lay with me for a bit. 
    we also have lots of weird inside jokes. we also sing to each other when we are being silly. 
  • Hahaha, @robloveshallie, I tried to teach BF to twerk yesterday, but it was basically the blind leading the blind on that one. Twerk it!
  • msdds51msdds51 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited September 2013

We "boop" each other on the nose.  You have to touch the other person's nose AND say "boop" or it doesn't count.  Once one of us starts it, there is an all out war for who get's the final boop in.  It usually ends up in my pouting at him because he's stronger than me and can deflect my "boops" easier and then he let's me boop his nose and I win.  :)

Occasionally we'll chase each other around flapping our arms and making crow sounds as loud as possible.  It really freaks our dog out. 

• We do the "mommy/daddy" thing with our pets as well. We also have fecal-matter names for us and the pets lol..i started it and have no idea why, but my SO is Poop Boy, the dog is Poop Dog, the cat is Poop Cat, and once in a while I get called Poop Girl.  l. Its so weird and if someone ever heard us call each other that, they'd think we're crazy.

We also make up random songs about what we're doing at the time (making coffee, watching tv, cooking dinner), mostly my SO does, because he's a musician. He'll break the guitar out and come up with crazy random songs about what I'm doing at the time.

We also will break out in dance. I'll be walking down the hallway, stop into the kitchen and start doing some ridiculous dorky move to make him laugh and it gets started from there.

And we narrate our dog and cat. They'll be doing something and we'll just narrate what we think they might say or why they're doing what they're doing. Its hilarious. We can do it for the longest time and have so much fun with it.
    Anniversary

• We do the nickname thing too. We both call each other 'chunky', 'chubbs', 'pookie', 'porky' or whatever we think of. If we haven't seen each other for a few days (we do live together) and when we do reconnect, we always get into a silly little argument and then we're fine. 

We love to make fun of people while people watching and get excited about ice cream and desserts, which is nice.  

The last weirdest thing I can think of right now is that on our first 'date' which was hanging out after school (high school), we began talking about baby names! Isn't that odd? Not even boyfriend/girlfriend yet. I was in 9th grade and he in 11th grade, but it just popped up. 8 years later and now engaged, it's fine, but still! 
  • We have two pet ferrets, one of which I had for years before meeting him. So he refers to her as the illegitimate bastard ferret and himself as her step dad. And calls them the fer-children and makes up stories about them and asks weird questions about them. Like if they were in a band, what instruments would they play, etc.

And because of a certain Arrested Development episode we refer to a sexual act as "going downtown". 

And pooping is Yobogoya because of The League.
  • Our pets have full fledged personalities (and accents) as well - our cat is very posh and needy/demanding (think Veruca Salt in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory - "But Daddy, I want it NOW"). Our dog, on the other hand, is just simple and earnest... she "talks" like a 4 year old - with that slight speech impediment that kids have when they're first talking up a storm. 

We also have weird nicknames for one another and often call each other Butt. Like "I love you, Butt" 

lots of bizarre innuendo too - "I'll _____ your ______"
  • clg1213 said:

We talk about the FISH (and aquatic frogs) like they are our kids....we can't have dogs or cats since we both have horrid allergies so we kinda treat our fish like others treat their dog/cat (and FI is a big military guy who gets SO sad when we lose a fish!). We talk about their behavior like it is more meaningful than it really can be and give them personalities.  And we call each other their Mommy and Daddy.

I can't help it. All I could picture was a military burial for a fish. Tiny gun salute and all. 
  • We also do the "mommy" and "daddy" thing with the dogs

We call each other monkey.  It used to be muffin, and before that merhfeen (I don't know).

In public places like the grocery store he says things like "you better mop or I'll throw you in the basement" in front of strangers to see their reactions.  They always laugh. So do I.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Last night we were laying in bed cuddling before we fell asleep and we were having a semi-serious talk about the wedding and while FI was talking, I licked his arm. He stopped mid-sentence and looked at me crazy o_O
  • We talk to each other in lolcat all the time over texting and in person. 

• Last night we were laying in bed cuddling before we fell asleep and we were having a semi-serious talk about the wedding and while FI was talking, I licked his arm. He stopped mid-sentence and looked at me crazy o_O
    Haha @88beautymarked, I'm pretty sure I've done that before out of pure exhaustion. BF always cracks up; he knows my brain doesn't function after 9 pm.

I also sometimes (and I'm not proud of this) will reach over while he's speaking and kind of squish his lips together so he's making a fishy face. Again, this is purely done from exhaustion and I basically don't realize I'm doing it. After a few unintelligible syllables as he tries to continue speaking I let go, have my giggle, and leave the poor guy alone.
  • We play an online Star Wars game together. We spend our date nights taking out Inperial scum.
  • monkeysip said:
    We probably seem really clingy to people when we say goodbye.  We would say goodbye to each other a dozen times before the other finally drove away.*  I'm sure it made people sick, but we didn't care (we didn't usually do it in front of a bunch of people, but if anyone was watching out of their windows, I mean).

We also do the dog thing.  Before we were married, I would always refer to him as "daddy" to my dog, and his automatic reply was always "I ain't her daddy!"  (In a funny voice; he does know proper grammar).

Finally he just submitted to being her daddy.  :)

We like to use funny names for each other.  Like, he'll call me his "smelly little gremlin", and I just think it's adorable.  Again, we usually don't do things like that in public, but maybe once in a while in front of a family member.

We also think farting is HILARIOUS.  We totally fart in front of each other and crack up laughing.  

* ETA:  That was before we lived together.  Now that we live together, our goodbyes are more normal.
    Awesome.  :)  Laughing so hard at all the fart comments.

We've gotten weird looks when we accidentally make the kissy sound in public.  

I can't think of any overtly weird ones...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We are guilty of doing the mommy/daddy thing with our dog too! I try not to do it in front of other people. We crack up about farts too. 
  • We call each other mommy/daddy as well, except we don't have any pets we do it just for the heck of it...

At one point in our relationship I had an extremely runny nose and was just feeling super yucky and he looked at me and said, "I love you boogie" I couldn't stop laughing after that comment and needless to say the nickname is still used today, along with a variety of other ones: squishy, bug, cootie, cootie magootie, coots....

I also like to lightly bite his arm as if I'm eating corn on the cob, and he rotates his arm to imitate the corn. We crack up about farts as well and we like to see who can fart louder. We get super hyper sometimes and we just stare at each other and then either I'll lick his face or he'll lick mine.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • efmcc67 said:
    Another weird thing my H and I did, well before we even started dating was we discussed future baby names in great detail for 2 hours. We still laugh about that now, since we were basically just FWB at the time.
    I didn't even think of that! We do that, but we're never serious. One of my personal favorites was "Martha." For our hypothetical son, of course. Shinji Ikari H-- was also up there.
    You just referenced my fiance' favorite animes. (:
  • kerbohl said:

We have plans to build our own house - to make it look like a castle.  He has gone so far as to draw up plans, and we had discussed ad naseum about the problems of electrical and water lines and digging a moat.  And also where the draw bridge will be and whether or not it is plausible to have it big enough to support a car or if we should then have a detached garage. 

We do something like this too. We're always making plans for our dream home. It has a giant library with a staircase that is the only way to reach the tower. Sometimes our bedroom is up there. Our house will have secret passageways that we won't tell anybody so our kids can discover them on their own. We want it to be super elaborate. 
  • cdegrella said:

Me and by FI have two cats.  We also refer to each other as mommy and daddy.  We tend to speak to each other as if we were the cat.  For example: me: 'Penny, get down'  him: in his Penny voice 'No mom! I will not get down!!' Or him: 'Mom, I do not like this can of food you gave me.  Get me another!' and I will reply back: 'No I will NOT! Eat it or starve you spoiled cat.'

We also deliberately sing off key and annoyingly at each other.  He thinks it is HIGH-larious to sing loudly right against my face.  Like lips mashed to my face. He calls it face singing. lol

We also ummm...hump each other? Like if I dropped something and bend to pick it up, he'll come up behind me and hump me.  But I do it right back to him tho so its all equal. lol

He has mentioned to me a few times that he would never be this weird with anyone else! LMAO!

Lol we do ALL of this...
  • JessiBoomJessiBoom member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited October 2013
    We do the weirdest things sometimes. 

He NEVER calls me by my name. I'm always called Boomie. That is my name when I'm with him. He usually doesn't do it when he's talking to someone else but sometimes he does. 

Once while on a trip, he looked at me and said, "I wonder if we should call Mia (our cat) and make sure she's okay?" He was at first completely embarrassed and then we were both cracking up. 

Like everyday I am a different animal. He calls me cricket, bear, whale, penguin, anteater (cute and deadly), sloth and various other animals. 

I'll curl around his back when he's sitting and it's called "snaking". 

Sometimes we lay in bed and I throw my arms and legs in the air and am a sea creature. We do this all the time. 

He licks me alllll the time. Calls it dino kisses. 

Whenever we wake up we tell each other our dreams. He tickles and pinches me all the time. 

We talk in random accents and weird voices. 

He just told me that he wants to splice our cat with an armadillo so she can curl up and roll around. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards