Wedding Reception Forum

Speeches

13»

Re: Speeches

• Jen4948Jen4948 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited October 2013
    Majelin86 said:
    I have to agree, 30 minutes is hella long to be listening to toasts.   I think the reason OP liked it so much was because no doubt the toasts were focused on her (and to some extent her groom.)   Of course she liked 30 minutes of non-stop compliments.  It's called narcissism.

Ok, everyone is being really bitchy about this, and I'm not sure why? People on these boards never seem happy...especially when someone else's wedding doesn't fit their own vision.

I'm happy with how my wedding went, and if you have to make mean assumptions about me to feel better about yourself then I feel bad for you.

No one's being "bitchy" or making "mean assumptions."  We would not enjoy 30 minutes of speeches, and even if you're happy about how your wedding went, your guests were probably bored crazy having to sit for 30 minutes and just listen to speeches.  That's not a "mean assumption" - it's an educated guess based on how people deal with being grounded for 30 minutes while being expected to give speakers their undivided attention.

Wedding receptions aren't seminars about the couple.  No one goes to a wedding reception to attend a 30 minute lecture.  You might be happy about it because the speeches were all about you and your DH, but I bet if you polled your guests and asked for their honest opinion, they'd all tell you that there were too many speeches.

Stop being defensive when people disagree with you.  Disagreement is not "bitterness" or "bitchiness," and frankly, you come off as very childish to equate the terms.
  • @Jen4948 - Sometimes I may not agree with everything you say on here but that was 100% perfectly put.

• @Jen4948 - Sometimes I may not agree with everything you say on here but that was 100% perfectly put.
    Thank you.
  • Majelin86 said:
    I have to agree, 30 minutes is hella long to be listening to toasts.   I think the reason OP liked it so much was because no doubt the toasts were focused on her (and to some extent her groom.)   Of course she liked 30 minutes of non-stop compliments.  It's called narcissism.

Ok, everyone is being really bitchy about this, and I'm not sure why? People on these boards never seem happy...especially when someone else's wedding doesn't fit their own vision.

I'm happy with how my wedding went, and if you have to make mean assumptions about me to feel better about yourself then I feel bad for you.

Do you also feel bad for our Husbands?
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards