Second Weddings

Intros, please...

Re: Intros, please...

• Hi all! Second wedding and second time being a Knottie. It's a little strange to be back here. 

Wedding Date
    : 9/27/2014 - that's not a definite yet. 

# Times Previously Married: I was married once, in 2004. I was a baby! My FI has never been married. 

# Kids: None

How long did you and FI date before engagement?
      5 months

How long between first date and wedding date?

How's the wedding planning going? Just started! 

Next major project to tackle?
      Venue. Checking out a few places this month. 
  • Hi everyone! New to TK, glad there's a forum for second-timers! Little 'bout us:

Wedding date: 9.13.14

#'s of times previously married: I was married once before, he has never been married.

# of kids: 0

How long did we date before engagement: We just came up on 8 years. Have lived together 7 of those and will be together 9 years by the time we make it official.

How's the wedding planning going? Awesome. We're doing a DW in Mexico so it's all been pretty stress-free and easy.

Next major project to tackle: Finalizing my dress (I'm 99% sure I've found "the one"), my custom engagement ring (I'm wearing a temporary ring I'll switch to a RHR once it's complete) and paying for this shebang!

• I'm also new to the board, but not to The Knot.

Wedding date: 11-14-14

#'s of times previously married: once before for both of us

# of kids: he has 2

How long did we date before engagement: 1 year, 8 months

How's the wedding planning going? So far, so good. We're on a tight budget but so far we've been able to secure vendors we love.

Next major project to tackle: photography. My aunt is doing our e-pics so that we can get started on some projects but we have yet to find a photographer we love. I'd like to do that so we can schedule some kind of session to be sure we love their work before committing.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Wedding Date:  Saturday, June 7, 2014

# Times Previously Married:1 (me); 1 (FI)

# Kids: 3 (me);  1 (FI)

Not long.  Officially engaged just prior to 8 months together, but I think it was closer to the 4 month mark when we actually decided we would get married. 

We'll be a week shy of 17 months together on our wedding day.

How's the wedding planning going? Any blips or bumps in the road?
    We're having a private ceremony - just us and the kids.  No reception or party after.  We have booked our ceremony and I've bought a dress for me, and the girls (we each have a daughter).  My boys will get suits closer to the wedding :).  Not much else for us to do until the spring.

Nothing really... :)
  • Wedding Date: March 1, 2014

# Times Previously Married: I was married once before, my fiance has never been married.

# Kids: I have one daughter from previously mentioned marriage. She is 9 years old.

1 year and 3 months

Almost two years.

How's the wedding planning going? Fantastic!
    So far I have really enjoyed planning a wedding. The only thing that is stressful so far is the guest list. My mother wants to invite errrrrbody lol.

Major project... I guess that would be just solidifying plans that have already been made, such as getting dress altered, tastings at the bakery and venue, BM dress fittings, and we still have to get my fiance's ring and the groomsmen's suits. 

• Hi everyone!  I am glad to find this board!  This is my second marriage.  I didn't really have a wedding the first time around, but this time we are going to have something small with just the closest friends and a few family members.

Wedding Date:  TBD: Something small, next September or October 2014

# Times Previously Married: Both previously married once

# Kids: Me - 3, ages 16, 10 and 10 (twins).;   FI - 0

Together about 8 years!  Never lived together, though.  We live 2.5 hours apart, so we are also in the process of finding middle ground for our jobs!  

Oh gosh ... 9.5 years.

How's the wedding planning going? 
    Any blips or bumps in the road? JUST starting - only engaged 8 days!  But we want something intimate with a small dinner party to celebrate with awesome food - we are foodies!

Everything!  Pinning down a budget and selecting venues to visit next weekend!
  • Wedding Date:  Monday, July 7, 2014

# Times Previously Married:   1 (me); 3 (FI)

# Kids:  1 (me);  0 (FI)

8 months

How long between first date and wedding date? 1.5 years

*** we graduated from high school together so we've actually known each other for 30+ years.

How's the wedding planning going? Any blips or bumps in the road? I've been engaged about 2 weeks so right now fixing on the date and getting ideas in my head.  We will have a small, outdoor wedding (at his house) with mostly family. 

Next major project to tackle?  Contacting the pastor, deciding if we'll have attendants and a load of other things that keep swirling in my head.  :)

• Wedding Date:  Sat, June 27 2015

# Times Previously Married:2 (me); first time for him(FI)

# Kids:  I have 4, he has 2.

11 months.

fiance and I? Our first date Was Jan 27 2013- wedding date June 27 2015.. So I'm rough doing math at 4am.. a little over 3 years?

It's going wonderful! My fiances first wedding, my 3rd. He's upset his mom just paid for her sisters entire wedding 2 years ago ($35,000) and when she told him he was engaged, right after she said congrats, the convo went right to money, she told him to make sure he doesn't spend "too much" because she can only help out a "little" hes very upset and bothered by this. Me, not so much. I told him to never expect anything, or anyone to help pay, which is why I set our budget at what I know "WE" can easily afford, and if his mom or dad (they're divorced) decide to offer help, then that's great. I really have no family. Just two sisters and a mom I talk to maybe once a year.

Being previously married twice (and this will be my last! I feel ending chapters brought me to the right, and final one) We've locked a date, deposited a venue for wedding/reception already. So I'm going to do invitations next since we set a max allowed guests. We REALLY need a theme. So that's our next task this week, I'm proactive with planning way ahead, less stress/money needed to be spent as time goes by.
  • Wedding Date:  Sunday, March 9, 2014

# Times Previously Married:  I was married once for 20 years and FI was married for 5

# Kids:  I have 3 kids from my previous marriage

14 months

just shy of 2 years

How's the wedding planning going?  Any blips or bumps in the road?  The wedding planning has gone very smoothly. Engagement to wedding only 5 months.

Next major project to tackle?  Paying off our honeymoon cruise
  • Wedding Date:  Saturday, October 25,  2014

# Times Previously Married:  1 (me); 3 (FI)

# Kids: 2 (me);  1 (FI)  (we have 1 together too)

5.5 years

6 yrs 4 months

Excellent!  Everything keeps falling into place! I also keep finding deep discounts on stuff!  I am designing all of our Save the dates, invites, Thank yous, programs etc

Design Save the dates, deciding on food
  • edited January 2014
    Wedding Date: Saturday, April 25, 2015 # Times Previously Married: 2 (me); 1 (FI) # Kids: I have 6: (3 boys 1st marriage & 3 girls 2nd), he doesn't have any How long did you and FI date before engagement? Almost 4 yrs How long between first date and wedding date? 5 yrs, 3 mo How's the wedding planning going? Any blips or bumps in the road? He proposed Christmas Day so just getting started on planning. We have plenty of ideas but nothing solid other than the photographer. Biggest blip is I have no MOH... Next major project to tackle? Finding a venue
  • Wedding Date:  Saturday, August 9, 2014 (115 days away)

# Times Previously Married:  I was married once for 25 years, FI Married once 26 years

# Kids:  I have one son, 18.  FI has two daughters, 23 and 20

14 months

a few weeks short of 2 years

How's the wedding planning going? Any blips or bumps in the road?  Going well!  Our original reception location closed up, quickly got a second location which will actually be much better!   Friend is gifting me our reception which is an amazing gift.

Biggest bump was sticker shock for venders, florists, photographers, etc.  Wow!!!  Weddings are indeed a booming business! 

Next major project to tackle?  Figuring out how to decorate the chapel tastefully and inexpensively.  Picking invitations that won't break the bank!

I will say that I never knew true love existed, thought it was all just hoopla.  I have learned that it really does exist and finally learned that I am happy for the first time in my 52 years.  And.... I really like this feeling!!

• Wedding Date:  Saturday, March 25, 2015

# Times Previously Married:1 (me); 1(FI)

# Kids: 3 (2 girls 11 and 12 and one son, 8) (me); 3 (3 boys, 12, 14 and 16)(FI)

6 weeks!!!

1year 5 months

How's the wedding planning going? Any blips or bumps in the road? We have a venue, I have a dress and he has a suit. Other than that, we don't have much done. I'm a teacher so I plan on doing a lot of the planning this summer while I am off. 

Everything!!! 
  • edited May 2014

Wedding Date:  Saturday, June 21st

# Times Previously Married:1 (me); 1 (him)

# Kids: 3 (me); 0 (him)

He knew 2 months into us dating, picked a ring out 3 months into us dating, but asked 8 months into it.

1 year; 11 months; 3 weeks. LOL

How's the wedding planning going? Any blips or bumps in the road?  It's been hard. Our families are very different and it's been a challenge with all the different blended lives everyone leads. I went from planning a big wedding, to going very small and it still hasn't been easy. Had huge issues with his family regarding bringing children. We are paying for everything, they are not, but decided they wanted us to invite every cousin, second cousin, cousin twice removed that I just said absolutely NO family, whatsoever. Even my children won't be attending, because two of them can't and I decided all or nothing. Then I lost my best friend to cancer this year after his 13 year battle and he was supposed to walk me down the aisle. Then last week Fiancés, Best Man/Friend after 15 years decided his constant pot smoking was more important for him to have it with him at all times, then leave it at home for our wedding (long story).

I got my broach bouquet almost done. I still have all my flip flops to finish for the ladies, the hangover kits to do, my beach bags that I have for all the ladies need to still be stuffed with stuff. Redo my luggage tags for the group. Then I just have to figure out how to get everything packed on this plane trip.

• edited May 2014
    Wedding Date: November 16, 2014

# Times Preciously Married: 1 (Me) and 0 (Fiancé)

# Kids: 1 (me)

How long did you and FI date before engagement? Off and on for two years and then one year consistently. 

How long between first day and wedding date? About five years since the first time we kind of started dating and almost two years since we defined our relationship as dating. 

How's the wedding planning going? Any blips or bumps in the road? It is going pretty well know. My son was not thrilled at first about me getting remarried even though he loves my FI. Things have smoothed out now though. Only slight issue now is getting things done around work schedule. 

Next major project to tackle? Dealing with my parents and used to be in-laws (still involved in my sons life). None of them are supportive of me getting married again. This has been an on going project/battle. 

• Wedding Date:  Friday, March 18, 2016 (yes, a long ways away yet lol)

# Times Previously Married:1 (me); 0 (FI)

# Kids: 2 (me); 0 (FI)

1.5 years

6 years

We just started so we're still trying to figure out the details. So far we have the date and the general location -- Las Vegas (same place we got engaged).

All of it lol Biggest issue is dealing with some of my immediate family and their opinions. Like so many here, they are unsupportive of me getting married again which is funny considering when I married my ex, they were the ones that felt it was very important to get married prior to having a child (I was 4 months pg when I got married). Now they feel that I should just live forever with my FI without getting married. It's going to be a long road ahead dealing with them.... specifically my mother.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Wedding date: haven't picked the exact date yet, poss Fall 2015

# times previously married: 1 and 1

How long did you and FI date before engagement? 3 years

How long between first date and wedding date? 4 years

How's the wedding planning going? Any blips or bumps in the road? Just started so its not too bad.. Trying to plan a destination wedding so its been fun looking around for the best place

Next major project to tackle?  deciding on WHERE; such as US (Florida Keys for example) or a cruise and get married at a port

• Wedding Date: Saturday, September 19, 2015 # Times Previously Married: 1 (me), 2 (him) # Kids: I have 2 sons. He has one son. How long did you and FI date before engagement? That is interesting...we dated as teenagers...broke up...went on with life...now we're back together. As adults, 10 months. How long between first date and wedding date? If we're going by the 10 months...about 2 years. How's the wedding planning going? Adam and I are having a completely non-traditional wedding. Planning is going well. We are agreeing on most everything, so it's easy. Next major project to tackle? We need to start a guestlist...not looking forward to that task.
  • edited October 2014
    Wedding Date:  10/1/2015.

# Times Previously Married: 1 time for me, this is his first.

# Kids:  1 Kid from my previous marriage, a 14 yo girl.

almost 4 years.

Almost 5 years

I have already begun the "planning" and budgeting and it's stressful, but I am learning a lot. My last wedding was crap and I didn't have a nice one.

The budget! for sure. Right now I am overwhelmed. My fiancé just proposed on my bday (10/11) and our parents know, so we are waiting on more detail planning.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am a second time around Knottie. I started on the boards in 2003 (I think) and stopped posting in 2010-11 when my first marriage was ending. So this feels strange.

Wedding Date
     He proposed in July. Our tentative date is December 15, 2015.

# Times Previously Married: This will be the second for us both.

# Kids:  He has a teenage daughter.

2 years, seven months. 

N/A

Well, the biggest is that I am currently unemployed. Therefore we are waiting to make any major plans until I have a job, hopefully soon. He asked on a whim, so we are waiting on the ring as well. My ex did the same, so it's not a big deal to me.

The ring. :) But really, trying to decide how big to make the wedding. We've both want it to be small, but the size hasn't been determined.
  • I am also a second time around Knottie. This time it feels right :)

Wedding Date
     10/4/15

# Times Previously Married: Second for both

# Kids:  He has 2.

about a year and a half

about two and a half years

Just started. Trying to keep things as simple and small as possible. It's a "destination" wedding and we don't want a huge deal made out of it.

Next major project to tackle? Guest list. Our venue only holds 25 people max.
  • candace219candace219 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited October 2014
    After settling for the wrong guy the first time, I have definitely found the right guy for me! Although I wasn't into wedding planning too much the first time (should have seen the huge flag lol) I am so excited about wedding planning and celebrating our amazing relationship :-)

Wedding Date: not set in stone but Tentatively March 5, 2016. It's a while away but it fits best into out busy schedules and gives us plenty of time to plan and keep saving. 

#Times Previously Married: I've been married once and my fiancé has not been married before

# Kids: no kids for either of us yet...but we would like to have some of our own :-)

How long did you and FI date before engagement? 2 years

About 3.5 years

How's the wedding planning going? Any blips or bumps in the road? Just beginning to plan and look around at venues, dresses, etc. I am loving the experience, but am also working through some indifference and negative comments from certain family members about having a wedding. I know they are happy for me and they love my fiancé, but i'm the first person in my family to get divorced and remarried so there is a little bit of negative stigma there. I think they will come around though.

Next major project to tackle? Booking the venue and setting the date officially!
  • Wedding Date:  October 15, 2016

# Times Previously Married:1 (me); 1(FI)

# Kids: 2 (me)

3 years

5 years

So far, so good.  We always knew that we wanted to get married on Mackinaw Island so we have location and place booked

Finding someone to marry us
  • Wedding Date:  Fall/ Winter 2015 or 2016

# Times Previously Married:1 (me); 2(FI)

# Kids: 0 (me) ; 3 (FI)

4 months

1 to 2  years

How's the wedding planning going? Any blips or bumps

Basics are agreed on except budget, but nothing is booked... Problem ONE :there is a large age difference that FI is concerned about, so we haven't made the announcement to my family and TWO: FI has been divorced for 13 years, but I am recently divorced....worried about opinions/acceptance from people and my family THREE: our families are from different states, and I thought the only fair solution was to have it midway (2 hour drive for both sides)...guess we will see who really wants to celebrate with us..lol...envisioning a small ceremony, so hopefully we wont be too disappointed with the number of attendees!

Budget.....actual figure.....he didn't want the hoopla of a wedding for financial reasons...thinks over the top is a waste for one day....he wanted to go to the courthouse....vetoed that idea and compromised on a small church ceremony and restaurant reception

Wedding Countdown Ticker Anniversary
  • joneka said:

Wedding Date:  Fall/ Winter 2015 or 2016

# Times Previously Married:1 (me); 2(FI)

# Kids: 0 (me) ; 3 (FI)

4 months

1 to 2  years

How's the wedding planning going? Any blips or bumps

Basics are agreed on except budget, but nothing is booked... Problem ONE :there is a large age difference that FI is concerned about, so we haven't made the announcement to my family and TWO: FI has been divorced for 13 years, but I am recently divorced....worried about opinions/acceptance from people and my family THREE: our families are from different states, and I thought the only fair solution was to have it midway (2 hour drive for both sides)...guess we will see who really wants to celebrate with us..lol...envisioning a small ceremony, so hopefully we wont be too disappointed with the number of attendees!

Budget.....actual figure.....he didn't want the hoopla of a wedding for financial reasons...thinks over the top is a waste for one day....he wanted to go to the courthouse....vetoed that idea and compromised on a small church ceremony and restaurant reception

Your situation sounds similar to mine! DH has 2 kids, I have none. There is a large age difference (17 years) and we don't live anywhere near any of our families. When we met, DH had been divorced for a bit, but I had not. We chose to elope, though, because we knew our families would drag their own drama into our day. There was no way to make everyone happy, so we made ourselves happy :)

It's hard to live by these words, but don't worry about what others say. If they see you truly happy and in a good place, they will be supportive in time. Especially since you are waiting to get married to give you time to recoop from your divorce. Whether we like to admit it or not, we all need time to heal and learn from our past. 

• Wedding Date:  7/5/15
    # Times Previously Married: Once each
    # Kids: FI 1
    How long did you and FI date before engagement? 364 days
     1.9 years
    How's the wedding planning going? Any blips or bumps? 
    So far so good!
    Next major project to tackle? Meeting with photographer, florist and bakery... So much to do so little time!

• Wedding Date: March 28, 2015

# Times Previously Married:1x each

# Kids: 7  (Him-4, Me-3)

5 years

6 years

How's the wedding planning going? Not a lot of time, but its gonna be a small, classy affaire....only about 50 people.

Venue, Venue, Venue !!!
  • Hey yall! Second Wedding and Second time Knottie here as well!

Wedding Date: October 10, 2015

# Times Previously Married: Both of us have been married once before

# of Kids: Me (0), FI (1 daughter-age 9)

How long did you and FI date before engagement? almost 10 months

How long between first date and wedding date? 20 months

How's the wedding planning going? Great! We have decided to just do a small wedding with very few details for us to figure out.  But, we will be having a reception/party back at home later in October, which has more of my attention.  

Next major project to tackle? Well...two items. 1) Determining location and paying for honeymoon. And Secondly, picking a date and venue for our at home reception. 
  • Wedding Date:  September 26, 2015

# Times Previously Married:1 me; 1FI

# Kids: 2 me; 2 FI

1 Year 3 Months

How long between first date and wedding date? 2 Years 3 months

My first wedding was just family with a dinner so I am new at this but things are moving along smoothly and I am having fun doing it.

Lose some weight so I can order a dress without huge alternation!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Wedding Date: 8/8/2015

# Times Previously Married: I was married previously in 2006. 

# Kids: One (boy, 4 1/2 yrs old)

2 yrs 4 mos

just 3 days shy of 3 years to the date

How's the wedding planning going? pretty much done!

finding the perfect shoes!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards