Not Engaged Yet

Tuesday Questions

1) What is your favorite gemstone?

2) What's the best part about the holidays?

3) Favorite dessert?

4) Do (or did) you use mechanical or regular pencils?

5) Sweet or dry wine?

6) Favorite fast food place? 

7) Have you ever attended a masquerade ball? 

8) What are your feelings on wine tastings?

9) Add a question!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Tuesday Questions

• 1) What is your favorite gemstone? Aquamarine

2) What's the best part about the holidays? Making people happy and excited with whatever you give them, no matter the cost.

3) Favorite dessert? Warm brownie sundae 

4) Do (or did) you use mechanical or regular pencils? Mechanical

5) Sweet or dry wine? Sweet, very sweet.

6) Favorite fast food place?  Wendy's

7) Have you ever attended a masquerade ball?  Nope

8) What are your feelings on wine tastings? Love them. They give me a chance to try new wines and it's also such a social little event depending on who you go with.

• SwazzleSwazzle member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2013
    Ruby, it's my birthstone

Family, food, gifts

3) Favorite dessert?
    Creme brulee 

I don't use any pencils now but I preferred mechanical pencils when I was younger

5) Sweet or dry wine?
    Dry. I hate sweet wine.

Wendy's. JBC and a frosty <3

Nope but I think it'd be fun!

I love them. A lot. 

9) Add a question!
    What are you getting your SO for Christmas?
    So far I've gotten H a few little things: a wallet, Devils slippers, a Dolphins tumbler, & a Dolphins house key. I am thinking about getting him a fisheye lens for his DSLR camera as his big gift. 

• 1) What is your favorite gemstone?
    No idea. Diamonds I guess.

I love the cheer associated with this time of year. The music and gatherings.

3) Favorite dessert?
    All of the ice creams.

I use both now. I love pencils.

5) Sweet or dry wine?
    Hm. Neither of those sound good to me.

Hmmm... probably McDonald's. I still love their burgers.

No, I haven't.

I love them! Especially this time of year. There are quite a few around these parts.

9) Add a question!
    How often do you wash your hair?
  • 1) What is your favorite gemstone? It's a tie between diamonds and sapphires.

2) What's the best part about the holidays? Eating and drinking all the things and not being judged (why yes, I did eat a whole pie, how are those plate of cookies working out for you since you ate half the tray.)

3) Favorite dessert? Cupcakes

4) Do (or did) you use mechanical or regular pencils? Regular. I push down really hard when I write to mechanical pencils never worked for me.

5) Sweet or dry wine? Sweet or sweet-dry.

6) Favorite fast food place? Taco Bell

7) Have you ever attended a masquerade ball?  No.

8) What are your feelings on wine tastings? LOVE THEM

9) Add a question! If you had $10000 to spend on a vacation with your SO/Spouse/FI/etc where would you go?

My answer: Japan

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • What are you getting your SO for Christmas?
    We each got ourselves Surfaces. And I am waiting for his wish list, because I have nofrigginclue what to get him.
  • What are you getting your SO for Christmas? I got him a new Batman ring since the one he has is too big and he loves the thing. I may also get him a tie clip if I can find one I like in my price range.

How often do you wash your hair? Like every other day or so. I don't like to wash it too often because it gets frizzy. The natural oils does it some good especially in the winter.

• If you had $10000 to spend on a vacation with your SO/Spouse/FI/etc where would you go?
    Europe: England. Spain. Italy. Ireland.
  • If you had $10000 to spend on a vacation with your SO/Spouse/FI/etc where would you go?
    Ireland or Scotland. Always wanted to go there. He's Irish and I'm heavily Scottish. It definitely works.

• What are you getting your SO for Christmas? So far: Xbox One, play and charge kit for Xbox One, Forza 5 for Xbox One, Assasin's Creed for Xbox One, CAH Bigger, blacker box and expansion pack 4, 12 days of holiday bullshit (from CAH people), cologne, Dynasty Warriors for Xbox 360, I have to buy him new Timberlands (oh god) Sunday and boot cleaner and I'm DONE.

How often do you wash your hair? I wash my hair on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • @buddysmom80, I think my FI wishes I could get him the ps4. But alas, I am broke.

• @buddysmom80, I think my FI wishes I could get him the ps4. But alas, I am broke.

--------------------------------------------

BF asked for one too, and I told him no more than 3 game systems in the house. Right now we have the Wii, Xbox 360 and then Xbox One after Christmas. Granted, when he plays, I can get a lot done (watching Netflix, knitting, sleeping) but still, it's a lot of shit to dust.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • 1) What is your favorite gemstone? Sapphire

2) What's the best part about the holidays?  All the twinkly lights that make things seem magical (to me), and watching people open the presents I give.

3) Favorite dessert?  Depends on where I am - at home, Haagen Daaz caramel cone ice cream - if I'm at a restaurant, tiramisu

4) Do (or did) you use mechanical or regular pencils?  Both - whichever is handy.

5) Sweet or dry wine?  Yes?  Is that an acceptable an answer?

6) Favorite fast food place?  Chipotle

7) Have you ever attended a masquerade ball? Nope

8) What are your feelings on wine tastings? Love love love them.  My FI and I recently had a party where we bought a bunch of wine, wrapped it in brown bags, and had everyone taste and vote for favorites.  It was a blast.

9) What are you getting your SO for Christmas? We are getting each other the new Kindle Paperwhites - with the honeymoon and other stuff we have a lot of traveling.  I am also getting him some little gifts just so he has more than one thing to open (a mug, silly little Pittsburgh Penguins wind-up toy, and trivia "bathroom" book)

10) How often do you wash your hair? Every day - thanks, dad, for giving me the greasy hair gene.

11) If you had $10000 to spend on a vacation with your SO/Spouse/FI/etc where would you go? Australia/New Zealand - definitely be nerdy and go on a LOTR tour while in NZ.

New: What pet would you have if it could be any animal in the world?  Mine: white tiger

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • 1) What is your favorite gemstone? Emerald.

2) What's the best part about the holidays? The food.

3) Favorite dessert? You do realize every time you ask this question the answer changes, right? Okay, I will have all the chocolate, thank you very much.

4) Do (or did) you use mechanical or regular pencils? Mechanical.

5) Sweet or dry wine? Dry white.

6) Favorite fast food place? Wendy's.

7) Have you ever attended a masquerade ball? Nope.

8) What are your feelings on wine tastings? Never been, but would go.

9) What are you getting your SO for Christmas? The c-Jump computer programming board game, Lego Marvel Superheroes, and Skyrim.

10) How often do you wash your hair? Daily, except perhaps on the weekends.
  • edited December 2013
    I really love diamonds and aquamarines.

the excited/happy feeling in the air.

3) Favorite dessert?
    I can't choose just one!  I did make a lemon zest pound cake for Thanksgiving that is my mom and dad's new favorite dessert... it was wonderful!  I think it would have been good with some chopped cranberries in it, too.

mechanical if they are available (except I use regular pencils when I teach lessons)

5) Sweet or dry wine?
    I don't really drink alcohol, but I have tasted a Zifandel that I really enjoyed.  and sometimes I buy a non-A red wine that's yummy.

not a fan of fast food, but we'll stop by Braum's or Chick-Fil-A once in a blue moon.

I haven't!  it sounds like a lot of fun!

I think it could be fun, but I would want the cheese tasting too.

9) What are you getting your SO for Christmas?
    I got him a tie/bow tie/tie clip that he picked out, a navy blue suit (who knows if it'll fit, he's lost so much weight! - plus he found one at Nordstrom Rack that he really likes, so we might switch it out), a weekly couples devotion for us to work through together, and a few smaller things.

10) How often do you wash your hair?
    every 2-3 days.

11) If you had $10000 to spend on a vacation with your SO/Spouse/FI/etc where would you go?
    a European tour! 

ETA:  new question:  what should I do while we're snowed/iced in this weekend?
  • @buddysmom80, Haha. FI has the unfortunate occurrence of me usually playing with him. I think we are both going to get Elder Scrolls Online subscriptions once it's out in the spring.

• 1) What is your favorite gemstone? Morganite <3 (oval, in a halo of diamonds, if you want to get specific....)

2) What's the best part about the holidays? Getting to go home & see my family, giving gifts & making people happy.

3) Favorite dessert? Anything lemon.

4) Do (or did) you use mechanical or regular pencils? I use mechanical.

5) Sweet or dry wine? Sweet. I <3 moscato & riesling.

6) Favorite fast food place? Taco Bell.

7) Have you ever attended a masquerade ball? Nope.

8) What are your feelings on wine tastings? LOVE them. AAALLL. THE. WINES.

9) What are you getting your SO for Christmas? No clue, he refuses to give me any ideas!!

10) How often do you wash your hair? Every 2-3 days, depending.

11) If you had $10,000 to spend on a vacation with your SO/Spouse/FI/etc where would you go? Ireland & Scotland, for sure. 

Mine: What did you ask your SO for for Christmas this year? 

I asked for a Kindle Paperwhite. 

*******************************************************************************************

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• @brisox81 yeah to the Paperwhite - now if only dumb Amazon would put them on sale!!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Kait said:
    @buddysmom80, Haha. FI has the unfortunate occurrence of me usually playing with him. I think we are both going to get Elder Scrolls Online subscriptions once it's out in the spring.

I tried to get into it, when the last Assasin's creed came out (the one set during the American Revolution) I wanted to play it. I got annoyed at all the freaking buttons. Then while I'm playing, I have Monday Morning Quarterback over my shoulder: "YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG, I'LL DO IT" so then I just gave him the controller. And that was the end of my gaming career.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  •  What pet would you have if it could be any animal in the world? Horse

what should I do while we're snowed/iced in this weekend? Read, sexy times, watch some holiday movies

@BriSox81, We totally have the same taste in wine. I actually got my mom to enjoy a Riesling I got at a restaurant over the weekend and this is a woman who almost never drinks.

• What did you ask your SO for for Christmas this year? I didn't ask him for anything, but he insisted. I know he spent enough on the pony, so I asked for a lot of little things, I know I asked for some stuff from @livleighton's Etsy store, and some interchangable circular knitting needles.

what should I do while we're snowed/iced in this weekend? Sex and board games.

What pet would you have if it could be any animal in the world? I always say dolphin, but that could be expensive, so penguin for a back-up

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • @kait do you live/have access to a Trader Joe's?  They have an amazing moscato that's sweet and delicious (and it's in a gorgeous bottle too!)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • What did you ask your SO for for Christmas this year? Really nothing. I know he's saving up because he wants me to have that aquamarine ring I showed you ladies yesterday. He did however pay to have my grandmother's chain fixed on my necklace and I think he's doing something else tiny. 

• How often do you wash your hair?
    I try to go every other day. Now that it's short and I curl it most days, I feel like I can get away with doing this. I have really oily skin/hair so it's hard for me not to wash it. 

If you had $10000 to spend on a vacation with your SO/Spouse/FI/etc where would you go?
    Oh that's a tough one! I would love to go back to Africa but since we just did that, I guess I'll go with travelling around Europe. I want to see Ireland, Italy, and Spain. H and I have been to Germany and France but I'd love to go back to both. 

What pet would you have if it could be any animal in the world? 
    A lion

What should Coco do while snowed/iced in this weekend?
    Play board games, have a movie marathon with snacks, sexytimes

What did you ask your SO for for Christmas this year? 
    Yesterday I hinted that I want black wool TOMS. Apparently they're sold out though

• What pet would you have if it could be any animal in the world? Realistically, a horse. But if I could have anything, a penguin and an otter. 

@kait I've tried to get my mom to drink wine with me, but she usually doesn't like it. She'll do a little spritzer now & then, so I might try to get her to do that with some moscato or riesling over the holidays. 

*******************************************************************************************

• Swazzle said:
    How often do you wash your hair?
    I try to go every other day. Now that it's short and I curl it most days, I feel like I can get away with doing this. I have really oily skin/hair so it's hard for me not to wash it. 

If you had $10000 to spend on a vacation with your SO/Spouse/FI/etc where would you go?
    Oh that's a tough one! I would love to go back to Africa but since we just did that, I guess I'll go with travelling around Europe. I want to see Ireland, Italy, and Spain. H and I have been to Germany and France but I'd love to go back to both. 

What pet would you have if it could be any animal in the world? 
    A lion

What should Coco do while snowed/iced in this weekend?
    Play board games, have a movie marathon with snacks, sexytimes

What did you ask your SO for for Christmas this year? 
    Yesterday I hinted that I want black wool TOMS. Apparently they're sold out though
    That's probably my fault. Sorry, Sisser. ;)

• cowgirl8238cowgirl8238 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited December 2013

I love me some aquamarine…although the lighter sapphires are pretty awesome too!<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

I love eating the goodies, and exchanging gifts.  Especially with my FI.

3) Favorite dessert?

Oh man that’s a really tough one…I think my favorite is Loaded brownies, where you add marshmallows, chocolate and peanut butter chips, and chopped walnuts.  Then you serve it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream with a hot fudge and peanut butter drizzle and a small dollop of whipped cream.  Also it is super easy to make since you just add all of the stuff to a normal brownie recipe!

I prefer mechanical pencils, since I tend to write hard I need the thicker lead, but I HATE sharpening the pencils or when the point breaks in the middle of something.

5) Sweet or dry wine?

Meh, not a huge wine fan, but I prefer sweet.

I think Five Guys is my favorite.  Although I love me a Sheetz Run they aren’t exactly a fast food restaurant.

No, but I want to!

It’s cool, but since I’m not a huge fan I don’t really care.

9) By @Swazzle What are you getting your SO for Christmas?

I am getting my FI a bunch of things for Christmas.  His biggest gift is a portable FM transmitter so he can broadcast his favorite music to everyone in his office…I think the boy would have been a radio DJ in an instant if he felt a company would have hired him.  I am also getting him some practical gifts, like new work-out tees, and a fun Tetris themed desk lamp that lights up and can re-arranged.

9) By @tuarceatha How often do you wash your hair?

I wash my hair every other day.  Every day over dries it, but any more than two days and it looks and feels all greasy :/

9) By @buddysmom80  If you had $10,000 to spend on a vacation with your SO/Spouse/FI/etc where would you go?

I would take a month or two off from work and do a driving tour of America.  I would start by going to Maine, and then make my way across and back down and cover every state I could.  Then once I got home, I would fly to Hawaii and Alaska to both visit my best friend and then see the final state on the tour!

9) Add a question!

If money was not a problem, what is the ultimate gift you would want someone to give you?

My Answer: I would just love to open the tiny box under the tree and find keys to a brand new car!  It doesn’t even need to be fancy, just something more reliable then what I have now…

Edit to fix screen name fail

• @BriSox81 - Pshh my feet are smaller than yours so I can't blame you for taking the last size 7s! 

• 1) What is your favorite gemstone? Sapphire. My birthstone is the ruby and they usually look too pink to me. I like deep colored stones like dark blue sapphires and garnets.

2) What's the best part about the holidays? Giving gifts. All the decorations. Setting up the Christmas tree with my family and then doing our own with my BF.

3) Favorite dessert? This is so hard. I really really love ice cream. Also my mom's triple chocolate raspberry cake.

4) Do (or did) you use mechanical or regular pencils? I prefer regular pencils. I'm constantly breaking the lead in the mechanical ones.

5) Sweet or dry wine? Dry wine. I don't care for very sweet wine. Sweet wine was what got me interested in wine and my palate has developed? changed? a lot since then.

6) Favorite fast food place? None. I never go out for fast food.

7) Have you ever attended a masquerade ball? No but I think it would be a lot of fun!

8) What are your feelings on wine tastings? I love wine tastings! I just wish we had more wineries in our area that offered dryer wines rather than moscatos and muscadine based wines.

9) What are you getting your SO for Christmas? Haven't decided yet. I'm planning on making a visit to this woodworking shop in our area and quizzing the guys there on what I can get him that won't break the bank.

10) How often do you wash your hair? Every single day, no exceptions ever. I can't stand going without washing my hair. I tried "training it" in college and couldn't get past how greasy, itchy, and dirty I felt.

11) If you had $10000 to spend on a vacation with your SO/Spouse/FI/etc where would you go? BF and I discussed this the other day. We'd take it and do a two week long trip to Europe and just tour everywhere.

What pet would you have if it could be any animal in the world? I'm so traditional. I really love just having my dog. After that, it's always been my dream to own a horse.

NEW - Do you and your SO have any essential things that you just agree to disagree on? Or do you find a way to compromise on everything? For us we pretty much compromise on everything. However, BF feels incredibly strongly that there is nothing after death. I'm more hippy-dippy than he is and I do feel like we have a soul and that we're all linked in some way to everything and everyone. We're both ok with each other's feelings regarding the whole after death thing even if we disagree with each other.

• Swazzle said:
    @BriSox81 - Pshh my feet are smaller than yours so I can't blame you for taking the last size 7s! 
    @swazzle I'll try not to talk about how awesome they are too much then, haha. 

If money was not a problem, what is the ultimate gift you would want someone to give you? I'll take that $10,000 vacation to Scotland & Ireland, please!

• 1) What is your favorite gemstone?

Saphire.

Just spending time with family.  And the Christmas lights.

3) Favorite dessert?

Its a Christmas Danish dessert...a rice pudding with warm strawberries over it.  Super yummy.

Back in school yes.  I use pens now.

5) Sweet or dry wine?

Dry

Used to be Taco Bell but now I can't eat there due to Celiac disease.  I love Protein Bar (mostly in Chicago and DC I think)

No, but I would love to.

The more the better.

9) What are you getting your SO for Christmas?

I'm really getting frustrated with this...I'm out of good ideas.

10) How often do you wash your hair?

Every other day.

(11) What did you ask your SO for for Christmas this year? Nothing, he's a good gift giver.

(12) what should I do while we're snowed/iced in this weekend? Sex.

(13) What pet would you have if it could be any animal in the world? Polar Bear

14) If you had $10,000 to spend on a vacation with your SO/Spouse/FI/etc where would you go? Bora Bora

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards