Snarky Brides

The worst wedding trends on Pinterest...

Re: The worst wedding trends on Pinterest...

• Fireworks would be awesome, too bad I'm not marrying Bruce Wayne.

I browse Pinterest and occasionally pin wedding inspiration photos, which I end up deleting a few days later when I realize an idea is annoying/impossibly difficult/way too expensive/just not worth it.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

I browse Pinterest and occasionally pin wedding inspiration photos, which I end up deleting a few days later when I realize an idea is annoying/impossibly difficult/way too expensive/just not worth it.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

You may not be marrying Bruce Wayne, but Pinterest has you covered with a Batman wedding!
  •  
    Fireworks would be awesome, too bad I'm not marrying Bruce Wayne.

You may not be marrying Bruce Wayne, but Pinterest has you covered with a Batman wedding!
    Oh boy. I have to make sure Fi never sees this!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

I just changed ALL of my plans because of this. Thank gob for Pinterest.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

I just changed ALL of my plans because of this. Thank gob for Pinterest.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  •  
    Fireworks would be awesome, too bad I'm not marrying Bruce Wayne.

Oh boy. I have to make sure Fi never sees this!
    Yeah, make sure he doesn't. My fiancé is a comic book artist and I showed it to him as a joke and he was like "OMG WE SHOULD DO THAT!!!" and now he brings it up all the time. I compromised with action figures as cake toppers. 
  • I love this thread.
  • My 13 year old cousin has a Pinterest account and her "wedding" is already looking like a headache!

Fireworks? Really?! Oh and of course, the Pnina dress. pukes!!!

Burlap and Mason jars make me puke. Mason jars are so uncomfortable to drink in. 

I like lace on wedding dresses, but not with the decor. 
    I might be missing something but I have never seen anyone talk about using the mason jars as cups O.O Decor yes but ACTUALLY using it. Wtf?!?!?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • CLI242009 said:
    My 13 year old cousin has a Pinterest account and her "wedding" is already looking like a headache!

Burlap and Mason jars make me puke. Mason jars are so uncomfortable to drink in. 

I might be missing something but I have never seen anyone talk about using the mason jars as cups O.O Decor yes but ACTUALLY using it. Wtf?!?!?
    ... Guilty. We aren't using mason jars as decor for our wedding, but we have a bunch of extras because we like to make jams/ jellies. They kind of just end up being used for glasses, because we are cheap and don't like to purchase glasses that I'm probably just going to break anyway.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • CLI242009 said:
    My 13 year old cousin has a Pinterest account and her "wedding" is already looking like a headache!

Oh honey, down south as well as here in the midwest we use mason jars for everything! It is very common to get served a drink in a mason jar at taverns around here. However, I dont condone them at a wedding...tack, tack, tacky
  • Most places here use them as cups. Our local steakhouses have actually been doing that for years....so it's not wonder they got bundled into the whole "rustic" theme.
    Personally I am not a fan of drinking out of them without straws, since I tend to dump whatever I'm drinking all down the front of me by accident if mouth is too big on the jar/cup.

I believe there are even the ones that have handles on them.

I don't mind them as vases, but not a fan of them as cups at a wedding.
  • CLI242009 said:

I've drank out of them.  Both with straws and without. They're really not that difficult to drink out of.

Also.

•  
    CLI242009 said:

CLI- I don't drink out of mason jars normally, but there is one place I will never turn down a mason jar drink from. Come to Florida, to Pensacola or Destin. Go to the restaurant called McGuire's, and order an Irish Wake. You get to keep the big ass mason jar the drink comes in. You are also warned- due to the potentcy of this drink, they cut you off from it and all others after you drink 3. You will drink out of the jar, and enjoy every minute of it. :-) (BTW, you do get a straw).
  • Wow I didn't realize it was so common in certain areas. Huh. I'll definitely try it out if I go someplace that does it but I don't use mason jars for anything except store jams, so I won't be going to AC Moore anytime soon and buying mason jars haha

Thanks for the info ladies =)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • FSIL did that for her shower. That might have been the most minor rule of etiquette she trampled for her wedding.
    ~*~*~*~*~

• FSIL did that for her shower. That might have been the most minor rule of etiquette she trampled for her wedding.

I sense a story lol.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

I sense a story lol.
    Oh, there is. There is SUCH a story.
    ~*~*~*~*~

• Well, you can't leave it there!

I sense a story lol.
    Oh, there is. There is SUCH a story.
    Now you have to tell us!
  • This is the latest one that keeps popping up in my wedding search feed. Ugh.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • tcnoble said:
    This is the latest one that keeps popping up in my wedding search feed. Ugh.
    Way to say your guy can't be trusted to pick for you. Because he obviously has crappy taste. Why are women so preoccupied with what the ring looks like instead of what the ring means??
    ~*~*~*~*~

• Wow, that one actually makes me physically sick. I didn't know that was possible.
  • tcnoble said:
    This is the latest one that keeps popping up in my wedding search feed. Ugh.
    I have a pin similar to this one pinned on my jewelry board. Didn't really think of it as a proposal idea, just a pretty way to display the jewelry options. But yikes, I can't believe someone actually thought of that and said that.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• This has been trending on my Pinterest. Gag.
  • MrsLynn said:
    This has been trending on my Pinterest. Gag.

That one's been around for awhile. Yuck.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards