Not Engaged Yet

Finally Friday!!!!!!

Re: Finally Friday!!!!!!

• @dignity100 very cute gif!

What's everyone's plans for the weekend?

Tonight I have to drive up to Poughkeepsie to pick up my mom. We won't be home until LATE. I just want to sit home and drink. Someone who I was close with in my department passed away and I'm having a hard time processing it. It was tragic and she was young and it sucks. But, this person would probably want me to pick up my mom and spend time with her.

Saturday we have an appointment for dress shopping at 10am, then we're running to Target, Petco and Michael's or Hobby Lobby then hanging out at home, then another dress appointment at 5pm then we'll drink and have dinner.

Sunday we go to the travel agent to pick up our travel documents for Europe and FINALLY book our HM. Then more dress shopping.

I swear if I don't find a dress this weekend I"m wearing yoga pants to my wedding.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown

@buddysmom80 - I'm so sorry about your coworker :( Please make sure your mom TAKES PICTURES THIS WEEKEND. 

Tonight I have to go grocery shopping, AGAIN. I hate grocery shopping with a passion. 

Tomorrow I'm going to Delaware to have game day/night. I'm bringing the ranch dip I made the other day with veggies and ST skinny taco dip with baked chips but does anyone have a suggestion for something else I could eat with the taco dip other than chips?

Sunday is always my favorite day because it's the only day H has off from work. We're either spending the day snuggling on the couch and watching Breaking Bad or going to the movies. Or both. We're wild like that. 

I'm off work on Monday and I plan to get all of my meals prepped for the week and clean the apartment. 

• @swazzle thanks in regards to my CW. She was awesome. But, I forgot I had Monday off!!!!! Yayyyyy!!! I promise I'll try to get my mom to take pictures, she's clueless witht the phone, but we'll practice tonight.

OH and I have to go grocery shopping too...GAH!!!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • @buddysmom80 sorry to hear about your co-worker :(

This weekend, FI and I dont have much planned.   Tomorrow morning I am going back to my hometown to see my family since I haven't seen them since Christmas.  I miss my nephew like crazy.
    Sometime this weekend we are doing our weekly date night since we werent able to during the week.  Olive Garden and going to the theater to see a movie :)  Not sure which one yet...any suggestions?
    FI and I both have Monday off, so we will probably run around town and find something to do.  But we are definitely stopping by Arby's to get their Andes Mint Milkshake.  I saw a picture of it last night and was like, "HAVE. TO. HAVE.".
    Anniversary

• oh, and my Friday gif

Anniversary

• @severmilli12 - Of what's out in my theater I want to see: Lone Survivor, American Hustle, and The Wolf of Wall Street. I haven't been to the movies in SO long so I have a lot on my want-to-see list. 

• @buddysmom80- Good luck with the dress hunt this weekend! I hope you find one!

Tonight, H and I are just going out to dinner and then crashing early. It has been an exhausting week for us and we just need to sleep.

Saturday I'm meeting a girlfriend for lunch and then I need to get some major cleaning done. I've been putting it off so tomorrow I will do it. I've also been in the baking mood lately so I may bake a pie or something. I found a good recipe for this pie with coffee liqueor in it and it sounds devine.

Sunday we are going to church and I told H that afterwards we HAVE TO develop the photos we like from the wedding. They have just been sitting in a file on his computer and I'm ready to start framing the heck out of them.

• @Swazzle I can't think of what Lone Survivor is but I remember hearing several people talking about it.  American Hustle does look pretty good, and The Wolf of Wall Street because, Leo  ;) But it looked like it would be good also.
    Anniversary

• Tonight - Probably log into work for a few hours.  FI has poker.

Tomorrow - Spend with FI, probably have to stick around his house and do laundry.  I wouldn't mind going to Target & Old Navy though.  Maybe go out for a nice lunch/dinner with FI as well.

Sunday - Bridal show!  I'm hoping to get an idea on dresses.  If not, I think I'll just get the lace one.

Woohoo - I'm all signed up for the local Bike MS event!!  My best friend has MS along with a lot of other ladies I know.  Now the not-so-fun part of fundraising starts.  I signed up for 75miles - FI wants to do more and I told him we could always change it but right now 75 miles seems rather daunting and I need to work my way up to think about one of the other 100/150/175 mile options.  Time to get back to spinning classes!!

Anniversary
  • @severmilli12 - It's about Navy SEALS on a mission in Afghanistan. My mom, aunt, and cousin all saw it this week and they all liked it but apparently you should bring tissues. 

• Happy Friday! I'll turn up a gif later if I remember. And feel like it.

@buddysmom80, I'm sorry about your coworker.

Tonight we might have gaming? I don't know for sure. I know I really actually need to knit that hat because I didn't work on it at all yesterday.

Tomorrow is laundry day. One of the things I'm looking forward to most about wherever I end up is in-dwelling laundry hookups. I'm sick of this coin-op crap - it's expensive and I'm less inclined to do the laundry when I have to haul it out to get it done. Maybe I'll do some housework at the same time.

Sunday is for football and birthday lunch with my mom. I'm picking the Seahawks. She's a 49ers fan. I won't rub it in too much where she can hear me.

Monday I have the day off work, and we have gaming during the day - I think.

This weekend is also for figuring out why I can't get to sleep before 2 a.m. and why there are 60 minutes in an hour, 60 seconds in a minute, and they all run faster when you're trying desperately for a couple more minutes of sleep between snooze alarms.
  • @buddysmom80 so sorry about your co-worker I demand dress shopping pictures! Have fun dress shopping.

Tomorrow I've got rehearsal in the morning. Probably just cleaning around the house in the afternoon continuing to work on invites and then going out to dinner.  Nothing too exciting really, but relaxing. May be I'll start up my new book the book thief.

Sunday afternoon I have rehearsal and then coming home to relax and cooking some dinner. 

I'm so proud of myself last night I start creating our invites in Publisher and they came out cute so far so hopefully next week I can get them to the printer!!!

Anniversary

• so far, this is how I feel about today:

I'm sorry about your coworker, @buddysmom80.  that's awful news.  :(

today will be crazy.  I will attempt to be productive at work, but I really want to faceplant into 15 donuts and take a nap.  this morning I was pulling out the garage and I smacked the side mirror on the garage frame and cracked it.  I cried.  I'm not used to this newish car (I had a Honda Civic for 11 years, now I have a Honda CRV and I'm not used to how big it is compared to my little car).

I feel more than fluffy today. 

I was late to work, but only because H insisted on snuggling for an extra 15 minutes.  I can't complain about that.

anyway, after work I have to rush home and do our 60 minute Insanity work-outs.  I need to shower and cool down, get ready, make a chicken/veggie/corn meal dumpling soup and be at our Girls' Night Out party by 6 PM, with said soup. 

I am feeling a little anxious today so having a big girls' get-together is not the best thing for me, but I can always leave a little early if I start feeling a panic attack coming on.  it's been a few months since that's happened, so I'm hoping I'll make it through the whole night AND have a good time.

oh!  and I cleaned the house last night, so I don't even have to worry about that this weekend!!

tomorrow, we're going grocery shopping, eating lunch out, and hopefully picking me up some new cross-training shoes at the outlet mall.

we have Monday off and so we're spending the day tilling the garden, cleaning up the backyard, trimming the bushes, etc.  just sprucing up the yard situation a little.
  • Tonight, we're going to the Mexican restaurant that @swazzle loves so much.  I will drink all the margs for you!  Then, we'll come home, watch Grimm, and pass out.
    Tomorrow and Sunday will be a mix of working on my dissertation, groceries, laundry, and whatever other crap needs to be done around the house.  According to my workout "schedule," tomorrow is strength training and Sunday is cardio.  I can haz an energy?
  • @Buddysmom - I cannot WAIT to see your dress shopping pictures! What kind of silhouettes are you interested in? P.S I spelled silhouette correctly on my first try and I am very proud of myself for that.

Today I don't have to babysit and I went to the gym and food shopping yesterday, so I don't even have to leave my apartment today! I have to finish getting an Etsy order out though, so I'll be busy. I'm kind of bummed out that FI is going out with a friend after work, but I know it's good for him to have "guy time". This is the second time this week he's gone out for happy hour, and I'm jealous. I have to say, the thing I miss most about having a full time job isn't the big paycheck, it's happy hour plans. Priorities! 

Whenever FI gets home tonight we're going to watch Wolf of Wall St, and eat dinner together (unless I'm hungry early, in which case, I'm eating then). Tomorrow morning I'm going to the gym, and trying to get FI to come with me. Tomorrow night I'm heading into the city to go out with my ex-roommate. We're meeting at her apartment first, and it's going to be SO WEIRD because she still lives in the place we lived in together, and I haven't been back there since the morning I moved out over 2 years ago. 

Sunday my youngest sister is driving up to spend the day with me. I have no idea what we're going to do, so I should probably try to think of something. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @buddysmom80 So sorry to hear about your coworker. That has to be so tough. :( On a lighter note, good luck dress shopping this weekend! You're going to be gorgeous!

Today I'm working from home so I'm hoping to FINALLY finish our laundry. FI only lets me do one load per day unless it's been raining and then I have to wait a day or two so as to not overload the septic system. It just sucks because lately I feel like my life revolves around doing laundry every night. Later I'm meeting @southernpeach89 and our mom for lunch at one of our favorite soup restaurants. Tonight I think FI and I will just chill out and home and try to work on our projects - building a stand for our washer/dryer and removing the wallpaper from the guest bathroom.

Tomorrow I've signed up for an early morning yoga class then I'm hopefully going with my mom to the outlet mall for a little shopping. I also want to go to Lowe's and pick out paint colors for our bathroom and main hallway. Depending on how far we get with the wallpaper I may even paint this weekend.

Nothing WR related for me this weekend which is just fine. Next week we have a tasting with another caterer and next Saturday we're doing a sip and scan event at our local Macy's and hopefully going to a couple other stores to register. I already created a registry at Williams Sonoma and Pottery Barn because they have a giveaway going on right now but I haven't added anything to it. Then next Sunday I have three dress shopping appointments planned with my mom and sister and I hope to choose one of my favorite dresses at that time.

• @hummingbird125 - That's why you have ME. We need to be happy hour buds. 

• @lmhollister - Why are you only allowed to do 1 load of laundry per night? 

• @Swazzle We live in an older home in what used to be a super rural area so our home is on a septic system. We had a problem last month because the tank was overfull (thanks former owners for never ever ever caring for your system) and there's the possibility that the septic field (where the clean water is supposed to distribute itself) is potentially clogged and not flowing well. So since replacing that field would cost us around 15k and FI is paranoid (and we don't have 15k for a septic field) I am allowed to do max one load per day. Which is fine if you're doing laundry like allll the time but sucks if you let it build up for several days and then have a multiple load pile of laundry. It also sucks because it's basically been raining here constantly for the last year so our lawn is constantly saturated so that doesn't help the flow either.

• @lmhollister - Ahh I see. That really sucks. I hate doing laundry. With H working all the time, I've taken over ALL the household chores and laundry is probably my least favorite. Actually, maybe it's tied with doing dishes. 

• @lmhollister wow that sucks, we found a home we liked that had a septic system, we didn't want to deal with those problems they can get expensive if there are problems.

Anniversary

• @buddysmom80 - Sorry to hear about your co-worker.  Try to have fun dress shopping!!  Hope you find something you love!

Is it nap time yet???  I've been so tired lately!

Anniversary
  • @Swazzle Doing laundry and doing the dishes come in second to cleaning the bathroom for me. But it's a very very very close second.

• @peaseblossom55 Yeah I was pretty against buying a home on a septic system but it was too difficult to get away from it in the area we were looking when we were buying last year. My FI convinced me it would be fine and septic tanks aren't big deals, etc. etc. I told him the other day next house, no septic.

• I forgot I have off Monday, but FI doesn't.  I have to do wedding stuff mostly, call limos researching hair and make up artists.  Does everyone have off on Monday?

Anniversary

• @Peaseblossom55- Unfortunately, I don't have Monday off but it's quite possible my boss will let us leave early. My company's vacation policy changed this year so in the past we got MLK day off and President's day but this year we don't.
  • I don't have Monday off. It used to be a set holiday for my company but now we're allowed to use it as a floating holiday and I like this option a whole lot more. I'll probably take my floating holiday in October so I can extend my honeymoon or take off time before the wedding. FI has Monday off though.

• Yeah, Friday! 

@Swazzle - Have you tried Jicama?  That is chip-like in crunchiness but without the calories. 

@LivLeighton - I hope the movie night with B goes ok. I'd be a little iffy of it so early from the break up but you are a hell of a lot stronger than me. 

Today I'm going to work, work, work and get a workout in and take the dog for a walk and then chill on the couch with H, some wine and a microwave meal (sad but I love them).

Tomorrow I'm going to hit the gym in the morning (a class in Chicago called WERQ...it is dance/hip-hop and a fun workout), then H and I are going to clean out his storage locker (he has had stuff in there for a year so its a big waste of money but going to be a pain to clean).  H and I will then treat ourselves to a night at the movies...thinking American Hustle?

Sunday is gym in the morning again (WERQ again), maybe a walk with H and the dog then football watching with H. 

Monday H has off and my office is closed but I'll likely have to work.  Hopefully not too much though.

• I'm working tonight and tomorrow afternoon. Tomorrow is BF's birthday, so we're going to go to dinner at one of our favorite little restaurants when I get out of work. 

Sunday, he wants to go skiing. I'm nervous - I haven't skiied in probably 20 years. I also already have bad knees, and I'm terrified I'm going to blow my knee out haha. I'll probably just stick to the bunny slope :)

We both have Monday off, and I'm so happy for it! I can't wait to spend all day at home doing nothing! (Although, we probably have to grocery shop and meal plan and that stuff.)

*******************************************************************************************

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• @minskat30 - I've never had jicama! I will see if they have it at my grocery store tonight and give it a try. I'm buying chips anyway (for everyone else) so if it doesn't work out, I'll still have something as a backup. Thank you for the suggestion!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards