March 2014 Weddings

RSVP update thread!

Hi ladies, It seems most of us sent our invitations in the last few weeks. Let's start a RSVP update thread!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: RSVP update thread!

• Invites went out Thursday the 16th, 159 invited. So far as of today, 26 accepted and 0 declines!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We originally invited 168 but had a few last minute add ons so if my math is right we have 170 invited. We have received 40 accepts and 12 declines. I have a feeling we will have at least 40 declines from those who live too far out/too old to travel. We shall see. (I do have to update my sig but I am on my phone)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Michelle & Ronald
    01/03/81
    06/18/81
    08/25/10
    05/07/13
    03/15/14

image172 Invites sent
    image 132 adults and 3 kids are party animals
    image 40 are party poopers
    image 0 awaiting reply
    Need 8 adults to make minimum.  Eek.
  • 147 invited, 30 accepted and 1 decline. I got one invitation returned as undeliverable. It was FIs receptionist, so he just handed it to her at work. She lives in a town with 2 zip codes, and I apparently put the wrong one. Oops. Otherwise, no surprises so far!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • LisaA2014LisaA2014 member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited January 2014
    Were you guys as surprised with how fast they started coming back? ETA: damn autocorrect mistakes!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • LisaA2014 said:

Were you guys as surprised with how fast they started coming back?

ETA: damn autocorrect mistakes!

When we received the first couple, it was about a week after we sent out the invites. We have had a few days where no RSVP's come at all. Tuesday we received 6...which was the most we had ever gotten in one day. What my main concerns are now...a very close friend of ours said they got the invite on Jan 2nd and put the RSVP in the mail the next day. We still haven't received it...and he lives around the corner from us. The only thing I can think of is that he "forgot" to put it in the mail...or that it is still sitting INSIDE his mail box. But I can't be certain. We will see what happens. And the other concern is that our bridal party won't return their RSVP's. I have one (FSIL) who thinks she doesn't have to return it. When indeed she does. Heh.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Michelle & Ronald
    01/03/81
    06/18/81
    08/25/10
    05/07/13
    03/15/14

image172 Invites sent
    image 0 awaiting reply
  • I opened the mail box yesterday, a week after invitations were mailed, and saw a little envelop.  I was so excited.  But no, it was an invitation to a Princess House party.  Bleh.  No RSVPs yet.  I'm anxious.
  • I opened the mail box yesterday, a week after invitations were mailed, and saw a little envelop.  I was so excited.  But no, it was an invitation to a Princess House party.  Bleh.  No RSVPs yet.  I'm anxious.
    You'll see the RSVP stamp and FLIP a lid! FI did.  When the first RSVP came back, I waited for him to come home and had HIM check the mail box.  I knew there was an RSVP in there, just didn't know who from.  When he saw it he ran in like "HONEY!!!! LOOOOOOOOKKKKK!!!!!!" I think he thought it was like Christmas Morning.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Michelle & Ronald
    01/03/81
    06/18/81
    08/25/10
    05/07/13
    03/15/14

image172 Invites sent
    image 0 awaiting reply
  • That's exciting soontobemrsbuccheri.  My FI is in another state so it's all me.  Crossing my fingers that I get one today with the shoes I ordered off Amazon!  ;)

• Our first mailed RSVPs came back today... FI sent me a picture when he went home for lunch!

We mailed ours out this past Saturday, the 18th, and we've got 12 who've RSVPd yes, and 0 nos.  
    image 108 invited.
    image 95 will be celebrating with us.
    image 13 will be there in spirit...
    (including the uninvited cousins who
    RSVP-ed and then cancelled after 
    realizing that it wasn't a great time
    to travel to our city....) 
    image 0 are keeping us guessing!

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Today's update, 35 accepted with one declining to bring a guest.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We mailed ours on the 15th but nothing back yet.  FI thinks the question on the RSVP (Name a song that will get you dancing) is delaying them.  He 'offered' to post on Facebook to just mail them back if they can't think of a song and I said "NO!"  We are having a smallish wedding.  All his family already started inviting himself after a post like that we'll have everyone coming.  Hopefully I'll get one soon. Most of our invitees are out of town too.  Maybe that has something to do with it. 
  • invites went out earlier this month.  We're at 93 yes and 17 no for March 1st. 
  • silver0319silver0319 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment First Answer
    edited January 2014
    Today's update: 45 yes, 7 no. Oh, and one amazing piece of artwork on the back of an RSVP by a 3 year old guest.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Love the artwork!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I had 1 true RSVP yes of 220 people. I also have 2 verbal RSVPs yes from my parents so far that is it. (Invites went out 12-26-13)
  • Hi ladies! We sent ours out right after New Year's to 220 people. So far we have received 65 yes's and 8 no's. FI had his bach party last weekend and some of his groomsmen said that they don't have to send the RSVP since we already know they are coming. That's BS, I will still hound them after the deadline (3/8) to send it in. Haha. It's exciting to get them in the mail everyday and all the cute notes people write to us. Definitely excited and it's so close.Congrats everyone! xoxo
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Last night's update: 47 accept 1 decline :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • What I find odd is my side is much smaller but almost all have sent in their RSVPs already. His side are slackers! I think my side is just desperate for a wedding ha!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We got six more on Saturday.  OH MY GOD I was through the moon.  Our best man's mother, who is a very good friend of ours, sent her RSVP back.  We had run into her at our local bar/bowling alley and she said she was coming.  She booked her flight from Raleigh to Trenton/Mercer Airport and will be booking her hotel later this week.  When we got home, her RSVP was in the mail box.  I couldn't have been more excited.  Best part, her daughter, is also coming. She'll be flying in from Orlando.  They were 2 people that I had kind of guessed weren't going to come, but they are.  SOOOO exciting.  

56 yes's and 14 no's so far.  This is not including vendors.  Soooo exciting!!!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Michelle & Ronald
    01/03/81
    06/18/81
    08/25/10
    05/07/13
    03/15/14

image172 Invites sent
    image 0 awaiting reply
  • I got three RSVPs in!  One was from FBIL & Family that of course is coming then the other two were from FI's aunts with "No's."  I'm completely surprised by one of the aunt's since when we announced our engagement she said she didn't care if we invited her or not, she was coming to the wedding.  FI called his parents and they are going to give her a call to make sure everything is okay.  My side of the family have called my parents, said they are coming, but no RSVP from them yet in the mail. 
  • As of today's mail we are at 59 accepted and one decline! Only 99 to go!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • New update as of last night - 60 accepted and 18 declines.  We only need 77 more yes's to hit our minimum (with vendors).  I just hope we get the other 12 no's that we think we're getting.  If not, we're pretty much screwed.  But FI said that if it's his side, he will pay for the overage...if it's mine, I'll pay.  Yea, I just hope that doesn't happen.  :o/
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Michelle & Ronald
    01/03/81
    06/18/81
    08/25/10
    05/07/13
    03/15/14

image172 Invites sent
    image 0 awaiting reply
  • Wow I'm surprised your vendors have minimums for March! My mom's limit is 150 so we need 8 more no's.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • LisaA2014 said:
    Wow I'm surprised your vendors have minimums for March! My mom's limit is 150 so we need 8 more no's.
    No.  I didn't mean that.  I meant w/the vendors included in the count.  We're feeding the DJ, his assistant and Photographer.  Since our minimum is 140 at the venue, we figured that if we get X yes's and x no's that the 3 vendors would fill in to make up some of the minimum.  Here's hoping we don't go over our minimum (with out the vendors being included).  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Michelle & Ronald
    01/03/81
    06/18/81
    08/25/10
    05/07/13
    03/15/14

image172 Invites sent
    image 0 awaiting reply
  • We're a few days away from our RSVP deadline and only waiting for 4 more cards to arrive. It's been so exciting coming home and seeing little envelopes in the mailbox, I will miss it for sure. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • So no one wants to go to our wedding I guess.  Only RSVP this week from the FPILs.
  • LisaA2014 said:
    Wow I'm surprised your vendors have minimums for March! My mom's limit is 150 so we need 8 more no's.
    No.  I didn't mean that.  I meant w/the vendors included in the count.  We're feeding the DJ, his assistant and Photographer.  Since our minimum is 140 at the venue, we figured that if we get X yes's and x no's that the 3 vendors would fill in to make up some of the minimum.  Here's hoping we don't go over our minimum (with out the vendors being included).  

Ahh I see. It's getting so close!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • So no one wants to go to our wedding I guess.  Only RSVP this week from the FPILs.

How many did you invite? And are all your people far? Maybe it's just mail time.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • LisaA2014 said:
    So no one wants to go to our wedding I guess.  Only RSVP this week from the FPILs.

How many did you invite? And are all your people far? Maybe it's just mail time.
    I thought the same thing the other day when we only got a few in the mail and 2 out of the 3 were no's....then we've had an influx of RSVP's.  Just yesterday 7 came in.  Granted, 1 was hand delivered by my sister from my parents, but still...7 in one day.  Tuesday we got squat.  There will be days where you're overwhelmed with the RSVP's.  My list is slowly filling up.  I set up an excel sheet w/everyone that was invited, the date their invite was sent out, their table #, whether or not they have a hotel room, and the date I receive the RSVP.  It looks crazy, but it's color coded and the color matches the color designated for HIS side and MY side and our friends and co-workers and bridal party.  Sounds obnoxious, but it works.  

Just give it some time.  There will be more soon.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Michelle & Ronald
    01/03/81
    06/18/81
    08/25/10
    05/07/13
    03/15/14

image172 Invites sent
    image 0 awaiting reply
  • LisaA2014 said:
    LisaA2014 said:

Ahh I see. It's getting so close!
    I know, I'm freaking out!!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Michelle & Ronald
    01/03/81
    06/18/81
    08/25/10
    05/07/13
    03/15/14

image172 Invites sent