Chit Chat

Friday Night!

Re: Friday Night!

• If a woman admits her husband is right, but it's on an internet forum where her husband will never see it, does it still count?

Good for you, @pumpkinsandturkeys, for losing so much weight! That's awesome! 

Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • I'm watching Something Borrowed Something New and FI fell asleep on the couch attempting to watch it with me LOL.
  • FI has just as much clothing as I do. Actually, he probably has more. It got so bad that I had to move my belongings out of our bedroom and into the spare bedroom. He uses both big closets in the master bedroom, a large dresser, a set of shelves, all of the underbed storage, and has a large pile of (clean and folded) clothes next to his side of the bed. This is after we donated 6 garbage bags of clothes!

I am currently watching "Burn Notice" reruns and trying to stop wanting to permanently sew my mother's mouth shut. I keep telling myself not to go out with her in public, but I always manage to forget.
    Oooooh, I sense a story!! How did the Lunar New Year go??
    Anniversary

• edited February 2014
    @HisGirlFriday13 You raise an excellent point. I shall remember that for the future...

And thanks! I gained almost 60 pounds 3 or 4 years ago when I tore the cartilage in my hip and had to be on bed rest post-surgery for weeks. I used to be a total gym nut, so it was hard to go from a size 2 - 4 to a 14 - 16. I could have lost it earlier, but I got lazy and complacent, and finally had enough.

I'm now back down to about a 6 and have maybe another 10 I want to lose, and some more toning, but then I'll feel like me again!

Edited: I cannot spell tonight.

• I am working on toning, too. I hate my winter weight. :(
    Anniversary

• Agreed. I gained about 5 over Christmas and it always goes right to my stomach. With less than 4 months to the wedding, I need to get out of this rut and get in gear.

• Congrats pumpkin! That is great. I've gained a few pounds in the past few months. I need to start going to the gym again.
  • I am working on toning, too. I hate my winter weight. :(
    ugh, I'm with you on that. I always get a little intertube around my waist in the winter.... I am going to a total body fitness class at 930 tomorrow morning, though. Gotta lose some of it before July!
  • I am at my heaviest. Well, technically I was at my heaviest January 1st. I gained about 20 pounds from June- mid September. It was a culmination of too many summer happy hours, not enough gym time due to apartment hunting for our august 1st move in date, cruise in July, grandmas death, moving day, and new job. When I weighed myself at the end of august I was shocked and upset. I have been trying to lose the weight since then but have not been able to.

I weighed myself the last week of December and I was at my heaviest. Although i had been working out, since I was heavier than I've ever been, it took me months to get Into my groove. So, I finally buckled down, and attempted to gain entry to the half marathon (found out in December I'm in!), started kickboxing regularly, and drastically changed my diet. I also joined a friendly team weightloss competition at my job with coworkers. As of yesterday I lost 7 pounds since the beginning of the month, so I am finally seeing real results!
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• Good job, @pinkcow13 ! It's tough to get going, but it's great once you see progress :) Also bear in mind that muscle weighs more than fat, so sometimes you won't see a drop on the scale, but you'll notice your body shape has changed.

• I don't own a scale (eating disorders in college), so I judge how much I weigh by how my clothes fit and how jiggly my various pieces are.
    Anniversary

• Thanks! It definitely is. And I run a lot, so when I was getting constant shin splints a few months ago I was so frustrated. I was getting them just from walking! Yea that's something I have to tell myself because I like seeing the numbers drop, but when I start burning the fat and gaining the muscle that will frustrate me! But when I can fit into my jeans again I'll be happy ;)
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• I don't own a scale (eating disorders in college), so I judge how much I weigh by how my clothes fit and how jiggly my various pieces are.
    I do the same. I have a lot of clothes that are 5+ years old. When they get tighter, I need to work out more :)
  • edited February 2014
    @HisGirlFriday13 I hear you on the ED. I didn't own one for quite a few years, but FI wanted one a year or two ago and I caved. I'll admit to getting a little obsessive with it and having to keep myself in check, but despite weighing myself too often, I don't freak if it goes up a pound or two like I used to.

Edited: omg I still cannot type.

• @pumpkinsandturkeys -- good for you!! I'm afraid of whether I could not get compulsive, so I just don't tempt the ED gods. Safer for me and my mental health and DH's sanity that way.
    Anniversary

• I always put on about 3-5 lbs over the winter that just disappear over summer.  Food is the same, but maybe I'm out more in the summer doing random stuff??  But I just got a fitbit and it tracks my sleep.  I'm beginning to wonder if sleep is doing it too, since I'm only getting about 7.5 hours each night at the moment.  Summer with no work, I usually get 8-9.  Not sure if there's any correlation though

• @WinstonsGirl -- Sleep definitely aids in weight loss! I can't remember exactly why, but people who get at least 8 hours tend to be more successful in weight loss than those who get less.

• Yea, honestly the scale can get unhealthy. It's easy to obsess over just the numbers on the scale, I've done that. Im trying to keep things in perspective when I see the numbers on it.
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• I'm trapped at gaming. They're setting up new characters for a new gaming style and I might get out of here in about 2 hours. Taking the car and leaving him there might be considered cruel since it's really frakking cold out and it would be a long-ass walk. On the plus side, I did about 1/4 of a KAL (aiming for doing 1/4 every weekend for the month of February unless that puts me way behind pace) and I've got 4 baby afghans due any time from next week to late June. My pocketbook, she smiles a little more.
  • @KeptInStitches -- what does KAL stand for? I keep seeing that acronym.
    Anniversary

• Oooooh, I sense a story!! How did the Lunar New Year go??
    Ugh. Well, the restaurant we went to (which I've been going to for Lunar New Year since FI and I moved here 7 years ago) was PACKED. We had made a 7:30 reservation because FI's dad had to work, then run home to change and let his dog out before driving 45 minutes up here. We ended up waiting for about 25 minutes for a table. FFIL is getting annoyed because he usually eats much earlier and he's starving (he's a widower who enjoys Hungry Man microwave dinners). We ordered dinner, but we could tell the restaurant was understaffed so we gave FFIL all the spring rolls to hold him over until the entrees came. Well, FI got ill during dinner. At the table. He contained it, I grabbed him extra napkins (thank goodness this place uses cloth napkins, tho once they find what was left there, we may not ever be welcome back again), then he excuses himself to the restroom to clean up. My dear, sweet, oblivious mother decides this is her cue to talk about vomiting, stomach acid, ulcers, and digestive disturbances. While there's food on everyone's plates. And FFIL is fidgeting uncomfortably. I gently say that this might not be an appropriate time to discuss these topics. I am answered with, "Well, it's good for everyone to know about this!" FI was embarrassed enough from getting ill at the table, he didn't need my mother loudly discussing it so other people who didn't see it to know it happened. I then firmly asked my mother to please stop discussing this topic while we are eating because it is impolite to be discussing this at a restaurant full of people who are trying to eat. She rolls her eyes and proceeds to not speak to me for the rest of the meal, much like a pouty child.

This is pretty normal behavior for her. She doesn't understand what is appropriate to broadcast in public and what isn't. Then she gets mad when someone gets uncomfortable, then acts offended that anyone finds her behavior inappropriate. And then she wonders why none of her children want to be seen in public with her.
    I don't own a scale (eating disorders in college), so I judge how much I weigh by how my clothes fit and how jiggly my various pieces are.
    I had ED issues throughout my teens and twenties. I have not stepped foot on a scale in over 3 years. I literally broke down crying when trying on wedding dresses because all the dresses that fit me were sized significantly larger than my regular clothes.
    ~*~*~*~*~

• Oh, you poor thing!!!

ALL the wine, ALL the chocolate, ALL the Knottie moral support!

Anniversary

• Cookie, I'm so sorry to hear that!

I admit to having a bit of trouble with the dress sizes, but I prepared myself for it in advance and was well aware that I'd have to go up a couple of sizes to get the same fit as my street clothes. In the end, they're all just numbers -- that's what I try to remind myself every day, and especially when I feel old habits creeping back into my life.

• I've heard that too Pumpkin, but thought I was getting at least 8 hours with work on.  But going to bed at 11 doesn't mean I'm getting to sleep at 11.  Anyway, I'm not actively trying to lose weight, mrs maintain where I am.  But summers are always happier scale times, which is dumb cos it's only 3 pounds.  :)

• I'm the heaviest I've ever been--or at least last time I weighed myself, I was (I kind of think having a scale around can be unhealthy, plus I always stub my toes on them). I may have lost a little weight over the holidays. I gained 30 pounds in one year on this drug I was put on awhile back. That, coupled with sciatica problems, and it's a vicious cycle. I can't go off the drug. So while I could be trying harder, and I have been able to manage it a bit better now that I realized how much weight I was putting on, I think I'm going to have to accept that I'm not the size I used to be. Sorry for rambling. I'm still coming to terms with it.
  • That's okay @blergbot ! We've all been there. Hang in there!

• Thanks pumpkin!
  • Sometimes being a girl sucks. I don't think most men think nearly so much about their weight.

We all need lots of

And
    ~*~*~*~*~

• Speaking of men not understanding... FI just texted me from the basement (the last straggler from band practice is still here and down there with him) and asked me if I'd order pizza for him.

It's 12:23am. Sigh.

• SMH

Guys are so clueless sometimes.
    ~*~*~*~*~

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards