Chit Chat
Options

Help (TMI)

13»

Re: Help (TMI)

• Options
    I had a similar issue recently. I noticed it seemed like I had to pee more often, then I started waking up every hour at night to pee and constantly during the day etc. To be honest I semi thought it was just some weird issue I was having, not medical but it was irritating so when I went to the dr this month for something else I brought it up. They gave me a urine test and called the next day to say it was a UTI and prescribe meds. I'm partly telling you this because I didn't have any burning or other symptoms I associated with a UTI just some lower back pain. So it may be a uti and the sooner you find out the better.

I'm sorry you have had such bad dr experiences. I am assuming(and feel free to correct me) that these were all male doctors? Do you think you would be more comfortable with a female dr? Also you can request a female nurse be present for your exam if it would make you more comfortable. Going to the minute clinic, urgent care or something like that is something you should consider. If you do go to your primary care though, you should bring up birth control to them if for nothing else than to get more information.

They will I'm sure have you pee in a cup, but since you said you like knowing what will probably happen I figured I would add this from my experience. Pretty much anytime I've gone in they check your blood pressure, for something like this they will probably take your temperature and they will most likely listen to your chest/lungs. They also may feel your lower back and abdomen for tenderness. In my experience they won't even make you put on a gown or anything just have you stay dressed. If you have any questions let me know and I can try to help, I've dealt wit a UTI twice in the past month. I have no medical knowledge though, just my own experience/opinions
  • Options
    I would just like to point out that it's not going to cost you an arm and a leg to get an exam and to get pills. Planned Parenthood will provide that for free if you don't make much money, which it doesn't sound like you do. Even if you make a little more, you are still on a sliding scale. You just have to fill out some forms about your income and then they will take care of you even before that all goes through. Worse comes to worse, even if you did get billed fully they don't really mind as long as you make some sort of payment each month.

I am still on my parent's insurance and they're weird about that stuff so I didn't want to bill my insurance. I paid almost in full for an implant, and for a while I was only making $10 payments. I got that paid off, then my income went down and now I'm getting it for free again. 

If you don't have a Planned Parenthood, county health works similarly. That's where I went before I moved to a town with a PP. 
  • Options

@teddy917 you are in Utah, right? There is a Planned Parenthood in Heber. Given that you work in fast food and your H doesnt work, I would assume that you would qualify for free BCP.

I agree with HGF, please see someone about this. Can you talk to a LSD pastor about it? Since sex isnt sinful now that you are married.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    RajahBMFD said:

@Teddy917,

You said in another thread that your husband is mentally disabled, which is why he doesn't work. If you don't mind sharing, what type of mental disability does he have? That would greatly impact how he processes things and could be related to your intimacy issues.

I actually never thought about how that would relate to intimacy. He's got frontal lobe damage, schizoeffective, PTSD, and one other that I can think of at the moment. I just woke up so my brains not all here, if I remember I'll tell you.
  • Options
    emcmac87 said:

I had a similar issue recently. I noticed it seemed like I had to pee more often, then I started waking up every hour at night to pee and constantly during the day etc. To be honest I semi thought it was just some weird issue I was having, not medical but it was irritating so when I went to the dr this month for something else I brought it up. They gave me a urine test and called the next day to say it was a UTI and prescribe meds. I'm partly telling you this because I didn't have any burning or other symptoms I associated with a UTI just some lower back pain. So it may be a uti and the sooner you find out the better.

I'm sorry you have had such bad dr experiences. I am assuming(and feel free to correct me) that these were all male doctors? Do you think you would be more comfortable with a female dr? Also you can request a female nurse be present for your exam if it would make you more comfortable. Going to the minute clinic, urgent care or something like that is something you should consider. If you do go to your primary care though, you should bring up birth control to them if for nothing else than to get more information.

They will I'm sure have you pee in a cup, but since you said you like knowing what will probably happen I figured I would add this from my experience. Pretty much anytime I've gone in they check your blood pressure, for something like this they will probably take your temperature and they will most likely listen to your chest/lungs. They also may feel your lower back and abdomen for tenderness. In my experience they won't even make you put on a gown or anything just have you stay dressed. If you have any questions let me know and I can try to help, I've dealt wit a UTI twice in the past month. I have no medical knowledge though, just my own experience/opinions

I've had similar experiences with female doctors. And when I went as an adult, I was told that I couldn't have a female nurse or anyone with me. There was also a female nurse in addition to my mom in the room during the time I told you guys about. So it doesn't exactly make me more comfortable.
  • Options
    FiancB said:

I would just like to point out that it's not going to cost you an arm and a leg to get an exam and to get pills. Planned Parenthood will provide that for free if you don't make much money, which it doesn't sound like you do. Even if you make a little more, you are still on a sliding scale. You just have to fill out some forms about your income and then they will take care of you even before that all goes through. Worse comes to worse, even if you did get billed fully they don't really mind as long as you make some sort of payment each month.

I am still on my parent's insurance and they're weird about that stuff so I didn't want to bill my insurance. I paid almost in full for an implant, and for a while I was only making $10 payments. I got that paid off, then my income went down and now I'm getting it for free again. 

If you don't have a Planned Parenthood, county health works similarly. That's where I went before I moved to a town with a PP. 
    The hospital in my town (I've had to go there several times for different issues) offered to charge me based off of income and apparently I earn too much and have always been charged the full amount (same at the InstaCare).
  • Options
    KatWAG said:

@teddy917 you are in Utah, right? There is a Planned Parenthood in Heber. Given that you work in fast food and your H doesnt work, I would assume that you would qualify for free BCP.

I agree with HGF, please see someone about this. Can you talk to a LSD pastor about it? Since sex isnt sinful now that you are married.

I'm far from Heber. I haven't spoken to an LDS bishop about it because I've never felt the need to, since I feel perfectly comfortable with sex now.
  • Options
    I'm now sure if its available in your area, but I know that here there is a BCP hotline you can call to receive a scrip. My work also has a non-emergency medical line we can call for minor things (ie flu, birth control, etc) that you speak with their doctor / LPN and they then call in a prescription to your pharmacy.

Plus whenever you go in for the pee problem, you can always ask about getting a BCP as well. Saves you the $ for another office visit. :-)
  • Options
    Teddy917 said:

I'm far from Heber. I haven't spoken to an LDS bishop about it because I've never felt the need to, since I feel perfectly comfortable with sex now.
    But your H clearly doesnt feel comfortable. Can you speak to a bishop together?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    emcme22emcme22 member
    First Comment 5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited February 2014
    I remember a little while back you had mentioned your husband was currently in counseling and you were also about to start counseling, as well as marriage counseling. Were you ever able to set that up? Maybe you could talk to your DH about discussing some of these issues with his counselor and see if that helped? You mentioned children so I am assuming you do plan on having children one day. It would be better to try to deal with some of these issues now then when you are ready for children since that may just add extra pressure to the situation.

ETA: I agree with a previous poster that your husbands mental disability may be a factor and that's another reason I suggest he discuss it with his counselor.
  • Options
    I make a good living and my BCP are free through the ACA. I live in a different state and I do pay for health insurance so I'm not sure how that plays in but I pay nothing for the BCPs. Regardless, there should be health clinics that do sliding scale medical appointments. You could even probably combine the BCP visit into this one that you'll need for whatever's going on down there.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards