Wedding Party

Jobs for kids other than Flower Girls and Ring Bearers?

124»

Re: Jobs for kids other than Flower Girls and Ring Bearers?

• I know you are sharing an opinion and you are entitled To that but it comes across like you hate kids and wish they weren't even at a wedding. Some people value children and enjoy that they are participating. I have about 8 nieces and nephews that I am encorporating because I want to. I want to memory of them participating in my day. If it is just walking down the isle or sitting in front of the bridesmaids and groomsmen then that's fine. I dont think we should shun children. Yes it is a union between 2 adults but its those 2 adults that have every right to want kids there. And yes signs and bells are an opinion to each couple. I wouldn't use them in my wedding but that doesn't mean that they wouldn't work in another brides wedding.
  • @jamie800, do you just not realize how offensive that way of thinking is to your other valued ADULT guests? You are basically putting this 2 year old (or whatever) over your other relatives and good friends. Wouldn't you want memories of every single person who attended your wedding? I know that I do! But that doesn't mean that we need to come up with 150 different roles for every single person.

What makes the children more valuable memories than the other guests?
  • Jen4948Jen4948 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited February 2014
    @jamie800, do you just not realize how offensive that way of thinking is to your other valued ADULT guests? You are basically putting this 2 year old (or whatever) over your other relatives and good friends. Wouldn't you want memories of every single person who attended your wedding? I know that I do! But that doesn't mean that we need to come up with 150 different roles for every single person.

What makes the children more valuable memories than the other guests?
    Thank you!

Sorry, @jamie800, but if you're entitled to your "opinion," so are we.  We are not required to want children at our weddings or "get a kick out of" the children at yours carrying bells or signs just because they're important to you.
  • I understand where she is coming from. I have seven younger siblings, 6 of which are under the age of 10. I would never have one abd not have them all. I love them equally abd would hate to leave anyone out. We are going to have the older girls be junior bridesmaids and the older boys jr groomsmen. My younger brother will be RB and my youngest sister will be a FG along with my neice.
  • OliviaKay said:
    I understand where she is coming from. I have seven younger siblings, 6 of which are under the age of 10. I would never have one abd not have them all. I love them equally abd would hate to leave anyone out. We are going to have the older girls be junior bridesmaids and the older boys jr groomsmen. My younger brother will be RB and my youngest sister will be a FG along with my neice.
    Lose the "junior."  Just call them "bridesmaids" and "groomsmen" respectively.

There are only 3 things they can't do that adult attendants can:

1) Drink alcohol
    2) Act as witnesses
    3) Enter "adult" establishments
  • At my Grandmother's second wedding she had all of the grand kids involved so there was a flower girl, ring barer, and two junior bridesmaids.  At my aunt's wedding both her children and his children were in the bridal party and they did the same thing.  

Good luck! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards