Nevada-Las Vegas

April 2014 weddings

Re: April 2014 weddings

• Mo that cake topper is BEAUTIFUL!

I just ordered my invitations, and plan to have them out later this month right around the 7-8 week out mark.  That was such a biggie, since it meant getting the tasting and deciding on meals done!  Also recently booked my DJ and photobooth, and got linens squared away.  Next I need to get on my DIY centerpieces, order floral from Costco, and pick out a veil :)
  • The cake topper is a custom design from All about details. Annie has been wonderful and designed all of my reception stationery. She is on etsy, facebook and also has an online store.

Can't wait to say 'I do' on April 14, 2014 - Planning Bio

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com

• Eeeeek we're all getting so close!!!!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We are getting married next month ladies!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I can't believe it's next month!! and i've only been on here for a little bit!! how exciting for you ladies!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Same boat as you girls on stuff, so that makes me feel better! We just went and finalized the wedding party gifts (we bougt the boys their silk ties and pocket squares and the girls got custom jewelry and sashes for their dresses), sent in our information to the minister, the final checklist of decisions for the hotel and our last deposit was made (PHEW!). I also am almost finished with all my DIY projects for the wedding (a few signs, 2 banners) and just need to finish our favors that are also our table cards (the biggest DIY project) and ordered the runner and lights for the ceremony.  Did our pre-marriage license application so that is done and just bought our lil one's suit (SO CUTE) and have hopefully either the last or second to last alterations apt tomorrow on my dress! Just got to finalize the stuff we need to do when we arrive in Vegas (buy booze and food for the rehearsal, marriage license, etc.) as well as working on a detailed packing list so I don't forget anything (like the rings or god forbid, underwear!)

I feel exhausted just typing that and reading all of your progress! The checklist is getting smaller, but feel like something always comes up! I am relatively calm considering it is only 28 days til I fly to Vegas and 33 days til we get married! AAH!

• Ladies,

Just checking in to see how you are all going with your last minute stuff? This week we finalised our cupcake order with retro bakery, seating plan at Maggiano's (FINALLY got all of our RSVPs in), and finalised all of the transportation etc. bookings.

I'm finally at a stage where I could have this wedding tomorrow and everything would be in place (except my final dress fitting and shipping the damn thing to LV).

I can't believe how quickly this final count down is going. Each day Im getting more and more excited and anxious about the wedding which is now only a few days away.

I also CANT WAIT for all of our reviews and pictures as I feel like I have truly been on this vegas wedding planning journey with all of you April brides (and ofcourse the brides from the other months).

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Good thing you put that last line in mo!!! Jk! Remember at the beginning of this thread when I said I was an April bride lol. Excuse the language but HOLY SHIT it's 3 weeks away ahhhhhhhhh lol. These last few weeks will fly ladies hang on here we gooooooo
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Lol.. ofcourse pinky! You are the honorary April bride kicking it off first to show us all how its DONE!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Holy shit, three weeks from today!!!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Pinky, when is your wedding!?!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Pinky is getting married on Saturday! As in 6 sleeps away! @Allyido are you all done with everything? I just have a few more clothes to shop for and have to finish my vows. Its so hard.I tear up every time I read through what I have cos its so close to my heart.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Oh  my gosh, girls! Can't believe this is the last week of March and then APRIL WEDDINGS! I literally just packed a huge box of wedding stuff to ship to the hotel and in the middle of packing, I started getting nervous. I think it was the first time it hit me that the wedding is in 13 days and I leave in 8 days! I feel like there is still so much to do, but if I look at my checklist, I only have 5 things left to do (well technically, but I am sure there will be tons of little things). I think that the last big hurdle that will cause me a bit of meltdown will be the packing on Sunday/Monday because I am going to try to get in my, FI, and our lil ones items for the 5 days we are gone into one checked bag (GOOD LUCK!) and then of course, I am so nervous about flying with my really delicate lace dress, especially through security and on the plane! The horror stories that people are telling me is NOT helping, but I think I will guard that damn thing with my life!

Hope all you other ladies are coming together great and aren't too stressed or nervous! I cant wait to see everyone's pictures and reviews, especially since it feels like it has been such a time coming!

• Its just so exciting! I have 9 more working days and cant concentrate on anything that isn't Vegas/Wedding related. I do HR so my job really requires me to be "in the moment" but im off daydreaming about my dress, reception decor, Elvis LOL. I also cant wait for April wedding pics and reviews. Its going to be a big month! Good luck ladies.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Same here Mo! Can't concentrate on anything in work! And we still have so much to sort out it's driving me nuts! I really shouldn't be on here, I should be off sorting things .... or asleep - yes I should be asleep!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
       UK based bride, getting married in Vegas on 14th April 2014!
  • nixymnixym member
    First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    I know it's so soon!  Every night all I want to do is just sit down and relax but there's always stuff to do!  We're nearly there though thank goodness!  Good luck everyone with the last minute things!
  • Thanks @nixym - you too! I know how you feel about just wanting to be able to relax and wait for the day to roll round, but I also think that if I was all up to date and had nothing to do, I'd still find something wedding-related to keep me busy rather than relaxing!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • nixymnixym member
    First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    That's true @Jiimanie!
  • I keep thinking about things while I'm trying to fall asleep! And it's always stupid little things like "Should I wear my hair piece on the right side, or the left side" "What will my toe nail colour be even though no one will see it"........ I just need to sleep! haha.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @Marlaina2014 I did that all last week and couldn't sleep worth a crap.  I picked up my dress from the final fitting Saturday, my wedding band came in, and the FI ordered his suit so I am finally sleeping slightly better.  Now I'm stressing over how to get everything back home and minimize the amount of luggage we travel with on our honeymoon. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @shoebunnie I'd say just ship a big a$$ parcel back home to someone else and pick up the box when you're back! :) No fuss!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm insane over here. Work SUCKS right now, my company was acquired a few months ago and everything is just bad. My job has totally changed and my plan for after the honeymoon is to start the search up.

We finalized the menu today, I need to pick the wines we will be offering. This takes some serious consideration with all of the winos that will be in attendance! I need to make a playlist for the wedding ceremony. Finalize the playlists for in-suite happy hour and DDB. Figure out where in the heck I drop the beer off for that thing! I need to send a box of gift bag stuff UPS to a friend in Vegas. It will take up way too much room in the suitcase. There are a dozen other things and I need to sit down and think about the weekend chronologically and write it all down.

I ended up ordering silver glitter pointy toed flats off of AMAZON for $25. The reviews said they are comfy, I'll let you know how it ends up!

9 more days of work. And a snowstorm on the way. It's 84 degrees in Vegas today!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @marlaina2014 I've thought about that but we leave Lake Tahoe early Monday. I might take an extra suitcase with me and send it home with my sister when she leaves Sunday or wrangle my parents into dropping off the box. I'm leaning towards having Debi clean my dress and ship it home to save that hassle. How are you doing with everything??
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm doing okay I think! I feel like with all the girl's help on here I haven't missed too much but now I'm just left to wonder what will go wrong on the wedding day because you know something always will! haha. Still gotta whip up a playlist for the 4 hours at Maggiano's since we're not having a DJ, that's pretty much my last big thing! How about you??
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I think I'm I'm a good place. I need to ship some stuff to the wedding planner and organize my playlist. I also need to decide on a father/daughter song and 1st dance. We were going to have the 1st dance with the Elvis impersonator but I changed my mind this weekend. The reception will be in the suite so I need to see the room to decide on little things like "do we need a cake table". We have several stops to make in Vegas including collecting the welcome bag stuff from the DOC, putting them together, booze, drinks, arrange glassware through the hotel or purchase some, and drop off the wedding clothes at Debi's. Only 25 more days! When are y'all arriving in Vegas?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I get there on the 10th of April through the 17th.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I get there on the 17th Mo! I'll wave to you at the airport!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • 16th through the 21st for me! Coming up fast! Mo I'll wave if I see you on the strip! And @shoebunnie, I'll wave at any other bride I see on the 19th!! haha.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We're there 11th until 17th - we leave home in 15 days, argh!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Geesh I'm not there very long compared to ya'll!  We arrive on the 17th and leave for Lake Tahoe on the 21st.  I wish we would've had one more day after the wedding in Vegas but everything is already booked.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards