Wedding Etiquette Forum

Accidental Bridezilla

Re: Accidental Bridezilla

• ACNov4ACNov4 member
    First Comment

I don't think this makes you a Bridezilla. Every bride is different and some want the bridal to pahve the same dress and shoes. It all depends on your situation; I have 4 bridesmaids in 3 different states, so I just told them a shoe color and am letting them get their own shoes, since there is probably no way they could get matching shoes.

However, I do think that you should have had this discussion with your bridal party before anyone made any purchases so that your attendants all knew they would be expected to wear the same shoes. At this point, I would say let the MOH wear what she has. If you want the other girls to have the same shoes, tell them now. The different shoe can just be a way of setting your MOH apart from the rest of the bridal party.

• So what you're saying is your sister got to plan TWO weddings, and neither of you consulted your grooms?

Perhaps you might be a little dense, but that's not what I'm saying at all, actually. There's a difference between consulting a trusted sister and MOH and allowing her to plan my wedding. In fact, all have you have been ranting about not consulting BMs in decisions, and that's exactly what we're doing. And I don't remember even mentioning my groom. But since you brought it up, he has been part of every decision made where our wedding is concerned, and our wedding is reflective of our combined styles. But I'll be certain to relay your concern to him.
  • Smiles on everyone's faces make for a perfect look. It's not about shoes.
  • lizhurt said:

I was under the impression that your wedding is your day and that your bridesmaids should wear the dress, shoes, hairstyle, and accessories you want if that is your choice. That does NOT make you a bridezilla. I personally am choosing my bridemaids' looks head to toe, and they don't care! They know I have impeccable taste and want a traditional look. I think if you want your bridesmaids to pick their own, they can, and if you don't, you don't have to. Any bridesmaid that puts up a fuss is forgetting the point of being one: to honor and stand next to the bride on HER special day, not to wear an outfit.

That is part of the textbook definition of a micromanaging, controlling Bridezilla.

Any bride who forces her honored loved ones to wear clothing, makeup, and hair styles that they are not comfortable wearing or despise is forgetting the point of having a bridal party and frankly also the point of the wedding ceremony too; you honor your wedding party by asking them to stand with you on a momentous and special occasion. . . They are not just mere props for a Pinterest worthy photo op.

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• lizhurt said:

I am "newish" as you say because I don't have all day to sit around being an unpaid message board policeman. I stumbled upon this board because of my knot newsletter. I replied not looking for "wisdom" or to be schooled on the traditions of Victorian bridesmaids, but rather to defend this girl who was bullied into apologizing to her bridesmaid for what I perceive as her friend's faux pas (she should have asked about the shoes first before buying them). I have been utterly put off, however, by the extremely aggressive response to my innocuous comment. And I will let the decision of whether I am "wrong" rest on my own adult shoulders, not those of a bunch of faceless internet trolls who I am grateful will not be in attendance at my stunning, selfish, spoiled brat wedding. Shout out to my incredible bridesmaids who accept my slightly OCD nature and love me regardless. You guys are the most fabulous props a girl could ask for ;)

BINGO! BINGO! So much BINGO I need 3 new cards.

BTW I just wanted to add that there is no way in hell I would let a Bride make me look like shit in photos by acquiescing to wearing a hair style that was unflattering on me just bc it is her wedding day. . . Even if she was paying for it. It's my head and face in those pics too, so I'd make an appointment on my own and pay for a style that looks good on me.

You want me to wear an awful ass colored dress in a crappy style? With the right alterations and accessories I can probably make it work so I don't feel totally hideous and self conscious in front of everyone. But you do t get to eff with my hair.

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• Hahahahaha. I love this thread. I seriously can't stop laughing.
  • lizhurt said:

:):):)

That's is the most disgusting and narcissistic thing EVER. wow..I want to vomit
    Anniversary
  • Have some very enthusiastic applause:

--

I'm the fuck
    out.

• lizhurt said:

:):):)

Hooray for pathetic posts!
  • lizhurtlizhurt member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited May 2014

It's a good thing you understand jokes. You and your fiancé must be in for a lifetime of fun with your sense of humor :)

Oh and your grammar is much more vomit-inducing than my harmless response. That's is your problem though, not mines.

• Someone get me a bingo card. And a bottle of Ciroc.

Not all jokes are funny, boo.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• At least if you're going to troll, you could be a little more entertaining. My Friday at work needs some excitement.
  • Sweet, she feels sorry for my FI!

Oh I am sorry, that was a joke? It was so funny, I forgot to laugh.

And I won't bother correcting my typo (because that's what it was) because making fun of  a typo is dumber then the typo itself.

Anniversary
  • Furthermore, don't you have some bridesmaids' lives to domineer? Go take care of your wedding, sweetheart.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• beethery said:
    lizhurt said:

It's a good thing you understand jokes. You and your fiancé must be in for a lifetime of fun with your sense of humor :)

Oh, and your grammar is much more vomit-inducing than my harmless response. That's is your problem though, not mines.

DAY. MADE.
    Anniversary
  • beethery said:
    lizhurt said:

Oh, and your grammar is much more vomit-inducing than my harmless response. That's is your problem though, not mines.

Omg. I just fell out of my chair from laughing. 
  • LDay2014LDay2014 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited May 2014
    lizhurt said:

Oh and your grammar is much more vomit-inducing than my harmless response. That's is your problem though, not mines.

aw, look at you - correcting someone else's grammer while making a typo all your own!
    Aren't you cute...If this is supposed to be clever, it really isn't.
  • lizhurtlizhurt member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment 5 Love Its

That was the joke Knot-zis, but I guess it went over your heads. Easy to do when they are so far up your asses. I've got a BA in English over here.

BYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE (omg she like totally spelled that wrong wut an idiot!!!)

• lizhurt said:

That was the joke Knot-zis, but I guess it went over your heads. Easy to do when they are so far up your asses. I've got a BA in English over here.

BYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE (omg she like totally spelled that wrong wut an idiot!!!)

and clearly, you have no concept of social appropriateness.
    Do you really think that religious bigotry will ever go over well? Alluding to an historical massacre is always classy.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards