Chit Chat

Friday Confessions

Re: Friday Confessions

• BreMR said:
    I haven't been to the dentist in 3 years :( But, in my defense, I had a VERY traumatic experience.

I went in for a root canal, until they told me that my insurance didn't cover root canals for people over 21 (Seriously?! But that is when you need a root canal!). So, since it was in the back they decided to just pull the tooth. Okay, cool.

The next day I was in a TREMENDOUS amount of pain. Like, was more pain than one should be in the day after the pulling of a tooth. So, I called the dentist’s office and they totally brushed me off, saying I could call back the next day if it was still bad. Well, guess what? It was still bad. The next day I could actually feel something poking out of there so I figured, oh there is still a piece of tooth in there. No wonder it hurts. After that they finally agreed to let me come back in so that they could fix it.

When I got there, they looked at it and then x-rayed me. At which point, they discovered that it wasn't a piece of tooth coming up through my gum; it was A PICE OF MY JAW BONE. It turns out, they yanked my tooth out with such for that they actually fractured my jaw.

And that, my dears, is why I have avoid all dental professionals like the plague.

ETF: Spelling

That is horrifying.

My confession today is that I've consumed 3 packs of these: image

OMG... Please tell me they sell those without almonds.
  • Confession 2: The thing I look forward to most (besides the getting married part) is not having to worry about fitting into my dress anymore and being able to eat all the ben and jerry's I want. Lol
    Phish Food rocks my world.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• jdluvr06 said:
    BreMR said:
    I haven't been to the dentist in 3 years :( But, in my defense, I had a VERY traumatic experience.

I went in for a root canal, until they told me that my insurance didn't cover root canals for people over 21 (Seriously?! But that is when you need a root canal!). So, since it was in the back they decided to just pull the tooth. Okay, cool.

The next day I was in a TREMENDOUS amount of pain. Like, was more pain than one should be in the day after the pulling of a tooth. So, I called the dentist’s office and they totally brushed me off, saying I could call back the next day if it was still bad. Well, guess what? It was still bad. The next day I could actually feel something poking out of there so I figured, oh there is still a piece of tooth in there. No wonder it hurts. After that they finally agreed to let me come back in so that they could fix it.

When I got there, they looked at it and then x-rayed me. At which point, they discovered that it wasn't a piece of tooth coming up through my gum; it was A PICE OF MY JAW BONE. It turns out, they yanked my tooth out with such for that they actually fractured my jaw.

And that, my dears, is why I have avoid all dental professionals like the plague.

That is horrifying.

YES! They do!

• Seconding what JDluvr said, if they have those without almonds, I will buy ALL OF THEM. If not, I also know what I'm having for dessert tonight after that fantastic-sounding bird nest meal I'm making.

Y'all are killing me with food today.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• sarah1551 said:
    jdluvr06 said:
    BreMR said:

That is horrifying.

YES! They do!

YES!!! Going to get some on the way home tonight,
  • BreMRBreMR member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    @jdluvr06 you will not regret it!! 

Seriously, I almost want to grab another pack.. :-/ 

• ckel24 said:
    Ooo got another one! I've already eaten my lunch (healthy choice meal that tasted like cardboard and was only 270 calories) but I'm going to get me a giant piece of pizza because I'm still. so. hungry.
    It's 2 o'clock, and I'm eating my 2nd lunch. I eat 2 hard boiled eggs and some toast for breakfast. I bought a 4 cup container of salad (mixed greens with bell pepper, cucumber, chick peas, black olives, and 2 oz. sliced steak) that I ate around noon. Now I'm eating a microwave pasta thing because I'm so hungry that I could eat a horse. I've already consumed almost 60 oz. of water today so it's not thirst. I still have an apple and peanut butter in my desk should I still be hungry, but this is starting to get ridiculous...
    That's been me all week as well. I'm sucking down water like it's my job, making sure I eat breakfast, lunch and dinner and I'm still starving. Poor FI has had to bear the brunt of it in the evening. Plus I really wanted ice cream the other night for something sweet and he made the silly suggestion of strawberries. No, sweetheart, strawberries will not fill the hole in my stomach the way ice cream will.
  • ckel24 said:
    That's been me all week as well. I'm sucking down water like it's my job, making sure I eat breakfast, lunch and dinner and I'm still starving. Poor FI has had to bear the brunt of it in the evening. Plus I really wanted ice cream the other night for something sweet and he made the silly suggestion of strawberries. No, sweetheart, strawberries will not fill the hole in my stomach the way ice cream will.
    I've always had a pretty big appetite, but it's starting to get bad. I had my first dress fitting last week and the top no longer contains me. This is not a good time for my appetite to go into overdrive! lol
    ~*~*~*~*~

• arrippaarrippa member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited May 2014

Confession: I just had a frozen yogurt and now I really want to do downstairs to the little store and buy some candy. My lunch was terrible and I did not finish it so I am still hungry.

Update: I went downstairs and bought an Almond Joy and Peanut Butter M&Ms.

Confession #2 I told the register lady that the M&Ms were for a co-worker. I ate them both. :(

• Those diet teas actually work? I always assumed that it was just talk.

I need to lose 15 pounds or get my dress taken out. I can zip it, I just can't breath. I need to lose more than 15 pounds anyway but the dress was clearance and only available in the one size. I normally disagree with dieting for a dress but it's going to be $200+ to take it out.

I wonder if diet tea, spanx, and lazier dieting will do the trick?!
    I've only resorted to the diet tea (mine claims to boost digestion, metabolism and have a cleansing effect - aka laxative) because I have 9 days until the wedding and I've put on a few pounds due to a family crisis we've been dealing with since the holidays. I don't have much wiggle room to gain any more weight. 

Otherwise, since I see you have a few months still, I highly recommend a low-carb/Atkins diet. I lost 26 pounds in about five months (and still had some cheat days). I try to stick to it as a lifestyle, but with the family problem we had, I've been using fries to cope. 
    That's what I've been doing lately. We just got caught without a fridge for 2 weeks (ours died and delivery kept getting delayed) and that got us heavily into carbs. I need to get back on the bandwagon.

Fries help most things!
  • Confession:
    I am a great big fat lying liar. I lied to my mom and told her I was feeling poorly, and canceled my lunch and shopping date with her.

I feel great. I have the house all to myself, and took a couple of tokes (don't judge. I'm in Seattle) and I'm baking cookies and watching a really awful mini series about the Borgias on Netflix, and I ate frosting right out of the bowl. And I'm not mowing the damned lawn. I feel frikking great. I'm the happiest lying liar in the neighborhood. I think.  Probably. 

I really needed an irresponsible day of self indulgence. 
    @ohannabelle YOU ARE NOT! OMG we need to have a G2G!
    Anniversary
  • arrippa said:

Confession: I just had a frozen yogurt and now I really want to do downstairs to the little store and buy some candy. My lunch was terrible and I did not finish it so I am still hungry.

Update: I went downstairs and bought an Almond Joy and Peanut Butter M&Ms.

Confession #2 I told the register lady that the M&Ms were for a co-worker. I ate them both. :(

I just ate popcorn. It made me want candy too.... mmmmm, popcorn with peanut butter m&m's, and pretzels. It's sweet and salty. My biggest vice.

Anniversary

BabyFruit Ticker

• KaurisKauris member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    I hadn't gone to the dentist in like seven years, and finally went, and now I have like $6,000 worth of dental work to get done. Get you butts into the dentist often.
  • I just sat at my desk and ate a whole bag of Grippos BBQ potato chips.... I suddenly feel the need to go to the gym
  • Confession:
    I am a great big fat lying liar. I lied to my mom and told her I was feeling poorly, and canceled my lunch and shopping date with her.

I feel great. I have the house all to myself, and took a couple of tokes (don't judge. I'm in Seattle) and I'm baking cookies and watching a really awful mini series about the Borgias on Netflix, and I ate frosting right out of the bowl. And I'm not mowing the damned lawn. I feel frikking great. I'm the happiest lying liar in the neighborhood. I think.  Probably. 

I really needed an irresponsible day of self indulgence. 
    This was me last night.  And I don't live in Seattle.  No judgment.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Got another - I'm stopping at Taco Bell on the way home and getting myself a taco after reading the other thread with all the mentions of tacos. And I won't have to get any/share with FI because he has a corn allergy and can't eat any of that crap :D
  • ckel24 said:
    Got another - I'm stopping at Taco Bell on the way home and getting myself a taco after reading the other thread with all the mentions of tacos. And I won't have to get any/share with FI because he has a corn allergy and can't eat any of that crap :D

I so want tacos. I don't know what my problem is today. Everything sounds good and I've been hungry all day even though I've been sitting here snacking.
  • @jdluvr06 you, @cookiepusher and I should get together and binge on allllllll the food.
  • ckel24 said:
    @jdluvr06 you, @cookiepusher and I should get together and binge on allllllll the food.

Lets do it! We can start with Taco Bell and then move on to the Dole chocolate covered banana slices.
  • ckel24 said:
    @jdluvr06 you, @cookiepusher and I should get together and binge on allllllll the food.
    Can I come? I'll bring a chocolate cake!
    eyeroll
  • @inkdancer you certainly can if chocolate cake is involved!
  • Inkdancer said:
    ckel24 said:
    Can I come? I'll bring a chocolate cake!

You can come but only if you bring cake. Lol.

Wow.., it is bad. I'm not a big chocolate fan but even chocolate cake sounds scrumptious.
  • pinkcow13 said:
    I don't know who I hate more - the dentist or the gyno. Regardless, I need to go pay them a visit. I've been avoiding both. Ugh. 
    I have a dentist appointment in my future too that I'm not looking forward to.
  • BreMR said:

<?xml:namespace prefix = o />

That is horrifying.

OMG! I've never seen those! YUMMMM!
    That is the most perfect GIF, ever.
    Oh my god! Why did this I read this when I have an appointment for a filling this weekend!?
  • Confession: I came to work at 6am with all intention of leaving at 4:30. I lied to my CWs and told them I had an appointment so I could leave at 2:30.

Don't give a fuck because I've been home since 2:45 and have been drinking skinny margaritas with FI (he's drinking Angry Orchard).

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • My confession is that I really want a new job and want to punch the multiple hiring committees that sent me all the lovely, "thanks but no thanks," email and letters this week. Ugh. Oh well. Time to regroup and check on the other position I applied for.
  • Another confession: I'm going to get a big burrito from chipotle before FI and I go grocery shopping.

At least I won't be hungry while shopping.

Steak, 1/2sp white rice, black beans, x cheese, x sc. Champion burrito.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards