Snarky Brides
Options

100 Sentimental Wedding Ideas

13»

Re: 100 Sentimental Wedding Ideas

• Options
    Crap, does my family really have to throw Chinese takeout menus at me?! FI would have to get mail thrown at him. What a terrible waste of paper!

I flew into Denver a few years ago to visit FBIL. That airport was just... weird.
    Chow mein noodles, right to the face.
    Oh oh oh!! Do I get bonus points if I catch them in my mouth??
    ~*~*~*~*~

• Options
    Crap, does my family really have to throw Chinese takeout menus at me?! FI would have to get mail thrown at him. What a terrible waste of paper!

I flew into Denver a few years ago to visit FBIL. That airport was just... weird.
    Chow mein noodles, right to the face.
    Oh oh oh!! Do I get bonus points if I catch them in my mouth??
    Obviously. :)

• Options
    afox007afox007 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer

MagicInk said:

I think I have a thing against emphasis on THE SHOOOOOOESSSS in general.  Why?  No, really - why?  Why do we need to stick "Mrs. So-&-So" on them?  Why do we need to put "I" and "do" on the bottoms of them?  Sure this might be more appropriate / warranted if you're wearing a short or tea-length dress, but for those of us with gowns...  ehhhh you'll be lucky if you actually get a glimpse of my shoes at my wedding.

Maybe I'm crazy, but the obsession with "wedding shoes" drives me up a wall.

I just love shoes.  That's 100% of my reason.

This. It's one of my stereotypical girl things, I heart shoes big time. Any excuse to buy new shoes works for me.

Another shoe fanatic. The shoes were my very first wedding purchase. They're aqua suede pumps and they're awesome.

You can add me to the list of the shoe fanatics! FI already told me he knows my shoes will probably cost more than my dress (the dress I like is only 500) because he knows I'm using it as my first excuse to by designer heels.

I also may have created a monster out of future step son he regularly critiques other women's shoes when we are out in public and recognizes brands.

• Options
    afox007 said:
    I think I have a thing against emphasis on THE SHOOOOOOESSSS in general.  Why?  No, really - why?  Why do we need to stick "Mrs. So-&-So" on them?  Why do we need to put "I" and "do" on the bottoms of them?  Sure this might be more appropriate / warranted if you're wearing a short or tea-length dress, but for those of us with gowns...  ehhhh you'll be lucky if you actually get a glimpse of my shoes at my wedding.

Maybe I'm crazy, but the obsession with "wedding shoes" drives me up a wall.
    I just love shoes.  That's 100% of my reason.
    This. It's one of my stereotypical girl things, I heart shoes big time. Any excuse to buy new shoes works for me.
    Another shoe fanatic. The shoes were my very first wedding purchase. They're aqua suede pumps and they're awesome.
    You can add me to the list of the shoe fanatics! FI already told me he knows my shoes will probably cost more than my dress (the dress I like is only 500) because he knows I'm using it as my first excuse to by designer heels. I also may have created a monster out of future step son he regularly critiques other women's shoes when we are out in public and recognizes brands.
    Totally not implying anything about your FSS, but this reminded me of Legally Blonde

imageimage

• Options
    FiancBFiancB member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    Ugh. Some ideas are cute but overall a lot of it is way ott. If your decor smacks of a museum dedicated to the two of you, ya went too far. 
  • Options
    Lol I'm so in the minority here!  Don't get me wrong, I love a good pair of shoes.  And I don't mean "a good pair of shoes" as is "these Keds are reliable and comfy".  I should provide some background...

FI and I are only about 4 inches different in height, him being the taller one.  I LOVE wearing heels and I LOVE buying new shoes, but I didn't want to look like a walking cupcake towering over him.  I started The Search For Marzipan's Bridal Shoes with all these specifications in mind...  I wanted something with a kitten heel, something with pizzazz but not too much!, maybe some Victorian-esque boots that laced up the front?, etc etc etc etc.  Nothing was turning up (big surprise there), until I came upon a pair of GLORIOUS Isaac Mizrahi shoes.

Heilige Scheiße, they're perfect.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Mr. Bean Flipping the Bird
  • Options
    The "instead of birdseed" thing for me would be pretty awful because my dad works in wastewater management...yuck. We didn't do a birdseed throwing thing anyway because when and how do you do that when everything is all in one place.

I didn't really like any of the ideas on this list, but the monogram veil was by far the worst.
  • Options
    We would have gotten pieces of pipe and monkey wrenches, cosmetics and calipers. Our kids will get typewriters and snap-on tools.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards