Snarky Brides

*Updated in post* How do you feel about the WP dancing back from the altar?

krcbkrcb member
5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
edited May 2014 in Snarky Brides
I'm in an upcoming wedding where we will all dance back down the aisle after the bride and groom say their vows. The bride and groom, 5 bridesmaids/groomsmen, and each set of parents will each have their own song - totaling 8 different songs. It will be 9 if they can convince the pastor to dance down to one too. I've seen the videos where there's one song played for everyone going back down the aisle but for each pair of people? Seems like a bit much to me.

We won't practice anything until the rehearsal dinner and most of the GM have NO idea this will be occuring.

How do you feel about WP dances before/after the ceremony? I thought the first few I saw were kinda funny/cute, but I see it so much now (as far as the Internet goes) that I just cringe at the idea, especially with so many songs. I'm going to rock my dance the best way I can in a floor length dress and heels in grass. I'm probably going to bust it. I am not a heel wearer - especially in grass! I guess I'll get to practicing my dance outside in the dress and heels!

This wedding is going to have so many mason jars (as favors, no less - I've received a mason jar with burlap for every bridal shower), burlap, cutesy signs, matching wedding day outfits, etc. that I feel like we have stepped into Pinterest hell and may never return.

Re: *Updated in post* How do you feel about the WP dancing back from the altar?

• krcb said:

I'm in an upcoming wedding where we will all dance back down the aisle after the bride and groom say their vows. The bride and groom, 5 bridesmaids/groomsmen, and each set of parents will each have their own song - totaling 8 different songs. It will be 9 if they can convince the pastor to dance down to one too. I've seen the videos where there's one song played for everyone going back down the aisle but for each pair of people? Seems like a bit much to me.

We won't practice anything until the rehearsal dinner and most of the GM have NO idea this will be occuring.

How do you feel about WP dances before/after the ceremony? I thought the first few I saw were kinda funny/cute, but I see it so much now (as far as the Internet goes) that I just cringe at the idea, especially with so many songs. I'm going to rock my dance the best way I can in a floor length dress and heels in grass. I'm probably going to bust it. I am not a heel wearer - especially in grass! I guess I'll get to practicing my dance outside in the dress and heels!

This wedding is going to have so many mason jars (as favors, no less - I've received a mason jar with burlap for every bridal shower), burlap, cutesy signs, matching wedding day outfits, etc. that I feel like we have stepped into Pinterest hell and may never return.
    I think any kind of forced WP dancing is tacky and stupid.

But I agree that you're in the deep clutches of Pinterest hell and good luck!!
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • KaurisKauris member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited May 2014
    A different song for each person? Won't that take a looooong time? I'd probably be more annoyed by sitting there waiting than if they decide to dance down the isle, which I also think is silly.
  • mysticlmysticl member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    If it was one song for everyone to get up the aisle I'd be like "eh, not really my thing but whatever".  However, 8 or 9 songs?!?!  That could take longer than the freaking ceremony and would get really old really fast.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • krcbkrcb member
    I think we are doing 30-45 second bits of the songs so not quite as long as the entire song, thankfully. It would be a disaster learning the dance the night before.
  • I'm really sorry your friend is doing this to you. Super craptastic idea. She should be embarrassed. I hope the officiant refuses, or that the groomsmen rebel.
  • krcbkrcb member
    I'm really sorry your friend is doing this to you. Super craptastic idea. She should be embarrassed. I hope the officiant refuses, or that the groomsmen rebel.
    I honestly see the groomsmen rebelling. I think the bride senses this which is why the idea is being sprung upon them the night before. I don't want to get caught up in it, so I'm not going to say anything.

You guys know that awful changing track sound? The screechy-whatever sound? That will play between each song. It's very jarring.
  • As a guest I would think that's obnoxious. Let's hope the gm and pastor put a quick end to that nonsense.

• lyndausvilyndausvi mod
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited May 2014
    I would hate it. I do not like attention on me. I have a hard enough tim dealing with all eyes on me while walking down the aisle as a BM. I rarely dance. I'm on the dance floor that only means one thing. I have alcohol in my system. Dancing back down an aisle would require me to drop out. I'm serious. it would be deal breaker for me.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Did the future husband okay this idea? Let him tell his friends that they'll be doing this and see what happens.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    eyeroll
  • krcbkrcb member
    lyndausvi said:
    I would hate it. I do not like attention on me. I have a hard enough tim dealing with all eyes on me while walking down the aisle as a BM. I rarely dance. I'm on the dance floor that only means one thing. I have alcohol in my system. Dancing back down an aisle would require me to drop out. I'm serious. it would be deal breaker for me.
    I feel you on that. I'm not a big dancer myself, and I'm fairly shy. I've picked a funny song to dance to, so it won't be serious. I'd rather act goofy than do a serious dance. At least people will know I'm being ridiculous and won't scrutinize my dancing as much! 

One of my cousin's is a groomsmen and bless him. He is shy/anxious to the point of antisocial. He's already said he's not dancing, but "no's not an option!" I wish someone would just tell her it's a bad idea. Guests will just laugh and clap out of courtesy.

• krcbkrcb member
    Inkdancer said:
    Did the future husband okay this idea? Let him tell his friends that they'll be doing this and see what happens.
    He's reluctantly agreed. He needs to tell his friends, I agree. They won't be happy to find out the day before. I'm considering Facebooking the groomsman that is walking down with me. What if he doesn't like the song choice? Plus, it's awkward to me to meet a guy then start dancing with him. It's not a club!
  • I think your friend has terrible ideas.

Anniversary
  • edited May 2014
    If this is the same friend whose MOH invoiced you for the bachelorette party, you should just drop out of the wedding while you're behind. It's not going to get better.

ETF typo
    Anniversary

• Oh goodie. Because nobody has heard "Happy" enough times yet.

This bride is a peach. No wait, I like peaches. She is a rotten onion. Gross.

• beetherybeethery member
    First Comment First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited May 2014
    I love to dance. Get me a few drinks, put on some 90's hip-hop, and I'm breaking it down. Put on a goofy song, and I dance like a humongous goob. Do I want to be part of a wedding where I have to dance for the duration of A WHOLE SONG while no one else is dancing? Heeellllll the fuck no.

Bride needs to get a grip!
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Awful idea, if I was in the WP I would come up with some good excuse to get out of it.

Anniversary

• krcb said:
    I think we are doing 30-45 second bits of the songs so not quite as long as the entire song, thankfully. It would be a disaster learning the dance the night before.
    Yikes.  That's still gonna take forever! 

How are they setting up the music?  Is someone gonna be switching songs in real time, or is there some sort of voltron song edit?  Either way, I guarantee this will be a hot mess.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Mawhaha! Adding this just to annoy my big brother. Thank you for the idea, my wedding is going to be extra special and unique.

Ok, got that out of my system. That was not a serious answer. It would annoy my brother, but that's me being a bitchy host. And I have another 363 days to annoy him in a year - no annoying him on Easter or Christmas either. Plus, I've mostly outgrown the enjoyment of annoying him.

Pintrest needs to DIAF. It's fucking bad idea central.
  • krcbkrcb member
    krcb said:
    Yikes.  That's still gonna take forever! 

How are they setting up the music?  Is someone gonna be switching songs in real time, or is there some sort of voltron song edit?  Either way, I guarantee this will be a hot mess.
    There's going to be a DJ doing it, so I'm not sure. I'll see on Friday... 
    If this is the same friend whose MOH invoiced you for the bachelorette party, you should just drop out of the wedding while you're behind. It's not going to get better. ETF typo
    You would be right. I should drop out, I really should, but none of the family will understand why I'm bothered. I'll just be the bad guy. People can really be impossible sometimes. 
  • krcbkrcb member
    But in other news, I may end up on YouTube. That's so exciting - I'm sure all of us will be asked for consent *cough*
  • At this rate I'd be low-key tipping the DJ not to do this kind of shit. i know that is terrible, but for the sake of my own and everyone else's dignity that the bride is trying to eschew with a firm hand, I'd happily hand my money over to make this shit not happen.

Contract written in blood. To the tune of $X (initials by both parties here), I will tell the bride I forgot to do this bullshit. Signed and dated with blood and #SSNs.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• KaurisKauris member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    So even with 45 seconds per song, that is still the better part of SEVEN minutes of awkwardly sitting there as a guest watching these people dance down the aisle. (Damn it I misspelled 'aisle' up there.) That is so, so very awkward. Is there no way you can talk her out of this? It sounds awful. 
  • Mawhaha! Adding this just to annoy my big brother. Thank you for the idea, my wedding is going to be extra special and unique.

Ok, got that out of my system. That was not a serious answer. It would annoy my brother, but that's me being a bitchy host. And I have another 363 days to annoy him in a year - no annoying him on Easter or Christmas either. Plus, I've mostly outgrown the enjoyment of annoying him.

Pintrest needs to DIAF. It's fucking bad idea central.

I love Pinterest!!

For recipes. Because I'm a wanna-be foodie, and DH is a patient man, so he's willing to let me experiment.
    Anniversary

Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• We love to dance, and we fully intend on dancing our way back down the aisle to whatever song we pick to walk out with, and if our wedding peeps opt to join in on some booty shaking I'm good with that. But there will be nothing choreographed or difficult. Just you can dance if you want too. And knowing the people in our wedding party, I forsee a little dancing. And if they don't, whatever, you do have to walk back though. Like you can just stand up there for the rest of the night. That's the only rule.

I hate the big choreographed dance numbers, because I've done big choreographed dance numbers (on stage, not at weddings). They're a lot of fucking work. A lot. Especially if someone is ya know...not a fucking dancer! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards