Chit Chat
Options

Sh!t my husband says

Re: Sh!t my husband says

• Options
    FI keeps saying that he just wants to know when to show up at the wedding and where. It ticks me off. I suspect that it's a bit for show in front of his guy friends. I then remind him that if he doesn't want a say, he loses his say on things I've compromised on. He has a lot of opinions and has done a lot!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    phira said:
    afox007 said:
    madamcleo said:

Oh my gosh, you and HGF have SO much in common, she has dyslexia too. 

"I said, 'And the centrepieces. Because we had that fun little discussion in the craft store about whether I'd considered mason jars"

The two of  you should be fast friends. 

The spelling is still correct. HGF uses UK spelling a lot :) http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/us/definition/english/centrepiece
    That doesn't make it any less stupid considering she's not British.
    Then we'd better call the AMERICAN LANGUAGE POLICE and the waaaaahmbulance before she types anything else incorrectly.
    It isn't only the British the spell it that way. Are you going to think it's stupid if Canadians spell words centrepieces, colour, honour, etc because we use British spelling instead of American spellings?

Anniversary
  • Options
    phira said:
    I like that the troll dug up the 10x sugar thread. Dedication to the craft.

J got upset this weekend when we got my cousin's wedding invitation. He's convinced she's copying us because 1) the rehearsal dinner invitation "is exactly the same as our save-the-date" and 2) "they copied everything off our registry!

1) It's not the same. They look similar because they're navy blue with white lettering. Because navy blue is the main wedding color for both weddings. And my cousin picked her colors before we did. And the rehearsal dinner invitation was selected by the groom's parents who've never seen our save-the-date.

2) To be fair, I intentionally sent my cousin our registries because she was having trouble getting started registering. I also sent her a website that I used to figure out which items to register for (e.g. what are the best sheets? What are the best wine glasses?). But the similarities between registries are few and far between--we registered for the same Crate and Barrel plates and bowls ... that are extremely plain white plates and bowls.
    Completely off-topic but @phira, can you please send me that website? lol 

• Options
    MagicInk said:
    I think I probably say more things that result in FI rolling her eyes, then she says that cause me to roll my eyes. Though she did once say "Oh, I don't think Fiona would let me go to a club without her" which is so completely untrue. But she didn't want to go to the club and was using me as an excuse. We've both started doing that actually. She won't let me, in our house means "I don't want to go, I'm using you as an excuse, back me up", and we do.

MagicInk said:
    I missed the memo where we always have to think our partners are right 100% of the time and never roll our eyes at them. 

10 years in July and I can say, there have been a lot of eye rolls.We still love each other. We're just both human and accept the fact that at some point one of us is going to do something that causes the other to roll their eyes and go "Oh you". 
    Yeah, the "I always have to think you are 100% percent right" thing wasn't in our vows...does that mean our wedding wasn't valid? DO OVER! We do the, "oh you" thing a lot too. :) It can actually be a really sweet moment. We love teasing each other like that.
  • Options
    phiraphira member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    phira said:
    I like that the troll dug up the 10x sugar thread. Dedication to the craft.

J got upset this weekend when we got my cousin's wedding invitation. He's convinced she's copying us because 1) the rehearsal dinner invitation "is exactly the same as our save-the-date" and 2) "they copied everything off our registry!

1) It's not the same. They look similar because they're navy blue with white lettering. Because navy blue is the main wedding color for both weddings. And my cousin picked her colors before we did. And the rehearsal dinner invitation was selected by the groom's parents who've never seen our save-the-date.

2) To be fair, I intentionally sent my cousin our registries because she was having trouble getting started registering. I also sent her a website that I used to figure out which items to register for (e.g. what are the best sheets? What are the best wine glasses?). But the similarities between registries are few and far between--we registered for the same Crate and Barrel plates and bowls ... that are extremely plain white plates and bowls.
    Completely off-topic but @phira, can you please send me that website? lol 

http://thesweethome.com/ Enjoy!
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • Options
    beethery said:
    afox007 said:
    FI has found a way to turn "manipulative slut" into a term of endearment. When we first started dating his ex wife called me that to FSS and it got back to us. Ever since whenever I do something awesome he teases me that I'm being a manipulative slut for forcing him to be happy, or making him eat yummy food.
    I am not into that at all, and if it were me, I would have a super serious discussion with my FI about that shit. Dude could call you damn near anything else and that could be a pet name. But 'manipulative slut',  no matter how much sweetness with which it is said, would get a seething angry "Haul right off and fuck yourself" from me.
    Yeah, those loaded terms, even as a "joke," are actually very much micro aggressions if not more. I wouldn't put up with it either.
  • Options
    MagicInk said:
    phira said:
    sounds like hgf is juust worried that there are peopel who dont follow what she saays as the end all be all
    Do you have a chip on your shoulder?
    Now I have Legally Blonde the Musical stuck in my head.
    Me too! I started singing right away! "I got a chip my shoulder, and it's big as a boulder..."
    NOOOOOO! Now that stupid song will be stuck in my mind all day. Get out of my head! Lol
  • Options
    once agaain the only reason trhat i asked if it would be bad to have tentative bridesmades is because everypone was jumping on me for wanting 10 girls in my party. you all coinned the term back up because you are just all sooo clever!
  • Options
    phiraphira member
    snippet17 said:
    KGold80 said:
    its not low just the other day she started a disucssion about how her husband didnt know what kind of sugar 10x was. i would be upseet if my fiance was always makiung fun of me on the interntet

SITB

I don't think you're really the best person to be commenting on how to treat other people....back up bridesmaids anyone?
    WHAT? Who has back up bridesmaids?
    Our new friend Miss Crossmyheart. Check out Wedding Party and Etiquette.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • Options
    Ember2012Ember2012 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited May 2014
  • Options
    once agaain the only reason trhat i asked if it would be bad to have tentative bridesmades is because everypone was jumping on me for wanting 10 girls in my party. you all coinned the term back up because you are just all sooo clever!
    If you can afford to have 10 girls in your party, by all means have 10 girls. Just be prepared for the extra expense. Please don't make anyone a tentative bridesmaid, however. I don't even know how that would work logistically, since dresses usually need to be ordered by a certain date to guarantee that they will arrive on time. It would be awful to have some of your girls order dresses and not even need them. Let them do their own hair and makeup, whatever style they would like, pick a shoe color and a dress (after getting their budgets first), and then all you'll need to do is just pay for gifts and flowers. For some people 10 girls would be overwhelming but if you can handle it, just have all 10 girls. No need to make someone feel less special to you by making them second string.
  • Options
    if you guys are going to say shit at least make it accurate. i asked once if it would be rude because you all were giving me craap about how many girls i wanted. seriously you all should maybe pull your head out of hgf's ass long enough to breathe and actually READ what i posted
  • Options
    Ember2012Ember2012 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited May 2014

phira said:

afox007 said:

madamcleo said:

Oh my gosh, you and HGF have SO much in common, she has dyslexia too. 

"I said, 'And the centrepieces. Because we had that fun little discussion in the craft store about whether I'd considered mason jars"

The two of  you should be fast friends. 

The spelling is still correct. HGF uses UK spelling a lot :) http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/us/definition/english/centrepiece

That doesn't make it any less stupid considering she's not British.

Then we'd better call the AMERICAN LANGUAGE POLICE and the waaaaahmbulance before she types anything else incorrectly.

It isn't only the British the spell it that way. Are you going to think it's stupid if Canadians spell words
    centrepieces, colour, honour, etc because we use British spelling instead of American spellings?

It isn't pretentious for someone who is Canadian or British to spell those those words the way they were taught. It IS pretentious for someone American who (as a nation) has their way of spelling it deliberately misspell words. There is no other reason. Frankly as a fellow Canadian I am surprised you are defending that decision.
  • Options
    arrippaarrippa member
    edited May 2014
  • Options
    I think this thread needs a mood lightener. Has anyone here walked a place and spoke in a random British accent? @afox007‌'s slut story had me thinking about that. My friends and I used to walk around speaking with accents and to this day when we are goofing off we still say words like slut, whore, fuck, ect with an accent.
  • Options
    if you guys are going to say shit at least make it accurate. i asked once if it would be rude because you all were giving me craap about how many girls i wanted. seriously you all should maybe pull your head out of hgf's ass long enough to breathe and actually READ what i posted
    Hey now, I gave you a very nice response to your post. Chill. Let it go. If you stop responding, eventually this thread will die down.
  • Options
    KGold80KGold80 member
    First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    Okay, then define "tentative" for me and how does one move from that state to being an actual bridesmaid? If it's based on someone dropping out or some other contingency, that would be the same as a backup bridesmaid.

10 girls in your party is a lot, and likely a HUGE expense between flowers and gifts, and that was mentioned. In your OP you were having trouble deciding on who to ask to stand up with you. It was recommended that you ask only your nearest and dearest. Then you started talking about tentative bridesmaids.

That's just what I remember. I don't want to go back and read your OP because it hurts my feelings to see the English language butchered to that extent. You might be dyslexic and that gets a pass on a lot of stuff, but what I'm seeing is LAZY typing. "Upseet" "makiung"...spellcheck and autocorrect exist for a reason.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Hey now, I gave you a very nice response to your post. Chill. Let it go. If you stop responding, eventually this thread will die down.
    i wasn't taalking to you.
  • Options
    jdluvr06 said:
    I think this thread needs a mood lightener. Has anyone here walked a place and spoke in a random British accent? @afox007‌'s slut story had me thinking about that. My friends and I used to walk around speaking with accents and to this day when we are goofing off we still say words like slut, whore, fuck, ect with an accent.
    No.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    arrippaarrippa member
    jdluvr06 said:

I'll play!

I was always terrible with accents but in high school, we use to go to the nearest international airport and roam around with our terrible accents. We would pretend to be lost or ask silly questions.  This was pre-9/11 so we were able to go up to the gates and stores beyond the current checkpoints.

• Options
    madamcleo said:
    jdluvr06 said:
    To the bold,  I bet HGF has.  Fuck, she does it here and it has made all of you people swoon all over her.  Weird.  And where is she anyway?  She does not like to play with non followers I see. 
    You just can't let it go, can you?
  • Options
    I spell the word color colour sometimes because I think it looks prettier with the U. 

I also say bloody hell, knickers, and piss/sod off. Because I like British slang. It sounds fancy.

@HisGirlFriday13 I have actually wondered for awhile if there was a reason you used the European versions over the American versions? Just general curiosity, like did you live there for awhile, was it what you were taught, do you just like the spellings better? I don't really give a shit, I'm just curious. 
  • Options
    afox007afox007 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    jdluvr06 said:
    During our Spice Girl phase you couldn't get me and my BFF's to stop using a British accent. It drove our parents and teacher's crazy. The three of us still pop up with the accent once in awhile.

I also noticed while working in a call center if I am talking to someone with any type of accent I accidentally pick it up. I once had a customer with a heavy Southern accent ask me where in the South I was from; I didn't realize I had the same accent he did for the entire conversation. 
  • Options
    i wasn't taalking to you.
    And I'm just trying to let you know that if you keep responding in this manner, then posters will respond in kind. You may not like the responses you're getting (and a lot of them are warranted based on your attitude) and you can't control what people say but you do have the option to leave the thread and not read any more posts. Unless you want to keep fighting like a child. Then by all means, keep responding but it most likely isn't going to get you anywhere in a community where we do genuinely want to help.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards