Chit Chat
Options

Sh!t my husband says

Re: Sh!t my husband says

• Options
    beethery said:
    afox007 said:
    Is it bad that I would totally rock the pink stripper heels if they were all pink or at least pink with black? I just don't like the clear :)
    Thought you might enjoy these:

I actually really like these but I don't want to try carrying around a baby in them.
  • Options
    FiancBFiancB member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    So as long as we're calling people out for all sorts of weird shit, who exactly is up HGF's ass? Because most of the posters haven't been here that long, myself included. Posting a lot doesn't equal a cult following. I agree with most of what she says, a comment here or there doesn't sit right with me, but no one's perfect.
  • Options

I mostly just wonder why my haters can't hate with good grammar, proper spelling and punctuation, and a very basic, third-grade level command of the English language.

Is this karma from having been a militant copy-editor for so long?
    Is this really the only response that you have?  Sorry, but it is a tad played out. 
    I'm sorry, but what did you want her to say?

-"Aw, I'm so sorry you guys. I'll only post opinions you like"
    -"Fuck off"
    -"" no response

Any of those would have gotten ridiculous reactions from people. For HGF responding or even not responding is a lose-lose.  People bitch either way and someone is going to be unhappy. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    beethery said:
    MagicInk said:
    I wish was an amazon goddess in those @beethery, even when I rock my highest heels, I still just hit slightly over 5'7". But they make my ass look good.
    My tallest ones made me 5'10" (I'm 5'2"), so I still didn't actually clear the height of most of the customers. But, they were usually sitting down when I was walking around, so I felt like a damn BOSS at the time lol

Shorties unite!
    Yes! Go us!!!

I like when I put on my heels and I strut around and I'm taller then FI (she's 5'3") and then I go out in the world and it turns I've hit average height. Like today I'm wearing 4" heels, and I needed something off a high shelf...I still had to go get the step stool. 
  • Options
    afox007afox007 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    MagicInk said:
    I wish was an amazon goddess in those @beethery, even when I rock my highest heels, I still just hit slightly over 5'7". But they make my ass look good.
    I'm actually slightly jealous. Most of my heels are in the 4-5" range so I usually end up in the 6'1"-6'2" range, with stripper heels I am easily a head taller than FI. 

I'm much happier with this thread now that we have moved on to shoes! This is my favorite pair in my closet even if they don't hit stripper status! 

• Options
    beetherybeethery member
    First Comment First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited May 2014
    I actually really like these but I don't want to try carrying around a baby in them.
    Yeah, you have to be careful with your balance on those. They change your whole center of gravity, so you have to be super aware of that.

ETA: by 'those' I mean the shoes. I don't know if a baby changes your center of gravity. I've never had one lol
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Options

I mostly just wonder why my haters can't hate with good grammar, proper spelling and punctuation, and a very basic, third-grade level command of the English language.

Is this really the only response that you have?  Sorry, but it is a tad played out. 

-"Fuck off"
    -"" no response

Any of those would have gotten ridiculous reactions from people. For HGF responding or even not responding is a lose-lose.  People bitch either way and someone is going to be unhappy. 
    It would just be really great if she would own up to not always being a nice person. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary 
  • Options
    kristbot said:

-"Fuck off"
    -"" no response

It would just be really great if she would own up to not always being a nice person. 

STUCK 
    Seriously - who the fuck is nice all the damn time? Is that really what you want from her? This is so riduclous. 
  • Options
    kristbot said:

-"Fuck off"
    -"" no response

STUCK 
    Seriously - who the fuck is nice all the damn time? Is that really what you want from her? This is so riduclous. 
    The problem is that she NEVER owns up. Not when called out on sketchy responses. I am not nice, not all the time, but if someone called me out for it I'd own it rather than pick and choose my responses. It seems like only those who have bad grammar are worth picking on.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary 
  • Options
    kristbot said:

-"Fuck off"
    -"" no response

STUCK 
    My FI is nice most of the time, I'm not always nice. We balance each other quite nicely. I don't think HGF ever pretends to be nice all of the time. 

Also, if she is just disagreeing she doesn't have to respond to each comment. She is free to ignore it and you are free to "call her" on it. I don't think it is terrible to not respond to some things. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    kristbot said:

-"Fuck off"
    -"" no response

STUCK 
    My FI is nice most of the time, I'm not always nice. We balance each other quite nicely. I don't think HGF ever pretends to be nice all of the time. 

Also, if she is just disagreeing she doesn't have to respond to each comment. She is free to ignore it and you are free to "call her" on it. I don't think it is terrible to not respond to some things. 
    JFC, can you let her fucking talk for herself?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Sorry, y'all, my husband is the nice one in our marriage. In the War Cabinet, he's the Dove and I'm the Hawk. 

I blame my love of Thomas Jefferson for my hawkisness. But it's always those damn Federalists who get me riled up.
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • Options
    kristbot said:

-"Fuck off"
    -"" no response

STUCK 

Again, people get shit on for coming to her defense, and for not coming to her defense. Pick an argument and stick to it.

• Options
    afox007afox007 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    FiancB said:
    So as long as we're calling people out for all sorts of weird shit, who exactly is up HGF's ass? Because most of the posters haven't been here that long, myself included. Posting a lot doesn't equal a cult following. I agree with most of what she says, a comment here or there doesn't sit right with me, but no one's perfect.
    Yeah, this wasn't "blatantly obvious" to me either. I joined in December. Whatever happened before then, IDK/IDGAF. There are some people I disagree with vehemently one moment, and want to hug the next. Free will, yo.

I'm jealous of all ya'll who can wear those giant shoes. I'm 5'9" (ish? maybe 5'10" if I stand up straight?) so I would be a BEAST in those things. Thankfully FI is 6'4" so I can still wear 4" heels for the wedding without looking weird (at least to me), but that's as far as I'll push it.
    I just accepted defeat long ago and decided I would be an Amazon. I'm 5'9" and pretty much every pair of heels is a minimum of 4". FI is only 5'10" so I am seriously jealous of your FI's height! 
  • Options
    kristbot said:

-"Fuck off"
    -"" no response

STUCK 

Again, people get shit on for coming to her defense, and for not coming to her defense. Pick an argument and stick to it.
    Show me where I argued that people weren't coming to her defense? You can't? Didn't think so.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    kristbot said:

-"Fuck off"
    -"" no response

STUCK 

Who got shit on for not coming to her defense?  People shouldn't have to come to someone's defense.  They should be adult enough not to need defending.

• Options
    I'm jealous of all ya'll who can wear those giant shoes. I'm 5'9" (ish? maybe 5'10" if I stand up straight?) so I would be a BEAST in those things. Thankfully FI is 6'4" so I can still wear 4" heels for the wedding without looking weird (at least to me), but that's as far as I'll push it.
    Rock it, girls! I'm 5'11" and still love me a good heel. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

kristbot said:

-"Fuck off"
    -"" no response

STUCK 

Show me where I argued that people weren't coming to her defense? You can't? Didn't think so.
    Oh my bad, you're all starting to look the same to me. 

• Options
    kristbot said:

-"Fuck off"
    -"" no response

STUCK 

Yup, this is pretty much the whole issue that some of us have. HGF gets called out on shit and instead of responding for herself she walks away and lets others fight her battle. We are all adults here and as adults you should be able to respond to things accordingly rather then having others speak for you.
    Seconded.
    imageimageimage

You'll never be subject to a cash bar, gap, potluck wedding, or b-list if you marry a Muppet Overlord.
  • Options
    Ember2012 said:
    phira said:
    afox007 said:
    madamcleo said:

Oh my gosh, you and HGF have SO much in common, she has dyslexia too. 

"I said, 'And the centrepieces. Because we had that fun little discussion in the craft store about whether I'd considered mason jars"

The two of  you should be fast friends. 

The spelling is still correct. HGF uses UK spelling a lot :) http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/us/definition/english/centrepiece
    That doesn't make it any less stupid considering she's not British.
    Then we'd better call the AMERICAN LANGUAGE POLICE and the waaaaahmbulance before she types anything else incorrectly.
    It isn't only the British the spell it that way. Are you going to think it's stupid if Canadians spell words centrepieces, colour, honour, etc because we use British spelling instead of American spellings?
    It isn't pretentious for someone who is Canadian or British to spell those those words the way they were taught. It IS pretentious for someone American who (as a nation) has their way of spelling it deliberately misspell words. There is no other reason. Frankly as a fellow Canadian I am surprised you are defending that decision.
    So, are my bosses who were born in the US and now live in Canada allowed to use the British spelling? What about my carpool buddy who is a dual American-British citizen? Which spelling should she use? If some one that is American prefers to spell words the British way, or was taught to spell them that way, I'm not sure why I should have a problem with that as a Canadian. And FTR, I grew up directly across the border from the US. We were taught things in F, feet/inches and with the American spelling, despite being in Canada. In spite of this, I use the proper Canadian/British spelling and measurements now. I hope that doesn't make me pretentious as well.
    I WISH the US would just use the metric system already!  Geebus, it's much easier to use and so much more logical. . . hello, everything is in units of 10! 

Inches, etc can GTFO.
    You're in science, if I remember correctly? Isn't it a PITA with the metric vs Imperial stuff?
    Yes, I am!

I have not run across much in the ways of the Imperial system, thankfully.

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• Options
    kristbot said:

-"Fuck off"
    -"" no response

STUCK 

Yup, this is pretty much the whole issue that some of us have. HGF gets called out on shit and instead of responding for herself she walks away and lets others fight her battle. We are all adults here and as adults you should be able to respond to things accordingly rather then having others speak for you.
    I have responded, TYVM. The fact that you missed that, or that my responses aren't to your liking, aren't my problem. You don't like them, don't read them. 

Also, in the generally accepted adult world, not engaging with people who are reduced to name-calling and personal attacks is considered a sign of rising above the issue, rather than getting down in the mud. 

I don't really see the need to 'defend' myself from ad hominem attacks by people looking to create drama. If I wanted to deal with that level of crazy, I'd call up DH's grandmother.
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • Options

Does this thread remind anyone else of when a new special snowflake calls KGs because her feelings got hurt and people disagreed with her?

Ahhh yes that was Lemclane who after getting people banned triumphantly declared that TK was "hers" again - because you know, she wasn't a newb who didn't like others' opinions or anything. I believe she pulled similar stunts off board.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards