Not Engaged Yet

Monday!

13»

Re: Monday!

• @Dignity100 I love that color! It's my fave! 

It's similar to what I had done on my toes for my friend's wedding... Luckily my toes will last a few weeks!  image

My nails are already starting to peel from the sides though after just a week, so that's disappointing.

Now I'm not sure it was worth the $75 I spent on the two! Grrrr!

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• So glad you found your puppy, @southernpeach89! He's a cutie!

• phira said:
    @weewittlewizabeth I might look into that! I'm sure they'd let me bring my own polish.

@southernpeach89 PUPPY PUPPY PUPPY

PUPPY!!!!!!!

With my at-home gel set, you can use your own polish, it just takes longer - you use the base coat, harden that with the uv light, then paint the regular polish, but you have to wait for that to dry completely because the uv light won't work on it, then you paint the gel top coat which is what supposedly keeps it in place for the 10 days or so.

I've never had the patience to do that, but I suppose it's no different than when they use the regular white polish to paint the french tips and then cover that with the gel.

• phiraphira member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Kelani23 said:
    phira said:
    @weewittlewizabeth I might look into that! I'm sure they'd let me bring my own polish.

@southernpeach89 PUPPY PUPPY PUPPY

PUPPY!!!!!!!

With my at-home gel set, you can use your own polish, it just takes longer - you use the base coat, harden that with the uv light, then paint the regular polish, but you have to wait for that to dry completely because the uv light won't work on it, then you paint the gel top coat which is what supposedly keeps it in place for the 10 days or so.

I've never had the patience to do that, but I suppose it's no different than when they use the regular white polish to paint the french tips and then cover that with the gel.

Hm, interesting.

And I have found that the base and top coats are really more important than what's in between them. Crappy drug store polishes tend to last just as long as my OPI polish does if I use my awesome base and top coats and let each coat dry for at least 5 minutes in between. Seche Vite is a life-changer. I think one of the reasons why the salon I go to now is so much better than the one I used to go to is that the new one uses Seche and the old one used OPI top coat.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • The salon I went to Friday used regular nail polish for the gel manis and pedis. They used the UV light, and it worked just fine. I can't remember what brand I got, but my cousin used OPI for hers. Nothing special. 

And yes, Seche Vite is a game changer! It made my normal at-home manis last about 3 days instead of 1. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I love gel mani's they're pretty expensive but so worth it.
    They aren't super expensive here - my usual place is $25, and they last for a good two weeks. Since my nails absolutely refuse to hold regular polish, they're worth it for me! 
    Agreed. 

My place is $35, I go twice a month, and it's totally worth it for me. A regular mani is like $15 and my nails generally chip the day after painting them.

• @southernpeach89 - OMG PUPPY!!!! HE IS ADORABLE!!!!

• @southernpeach89 - OMG I LOVE HIM.

*******************************************************************************************

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• It was so awesome picking him out. There were 3 male puppies and Maddux immediately stood out to us. The moment he was put into the play pen, he started bringing us these huge sticks and was like, "look what I brought you!!!" It was so adorable! He would roll over and let us rub his belly and I just wanted to squeeze him!!!
  • @goldenpenguin wow that's pretty cheap mine are $35

Anniversary

• phiraphira member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    I'm just gonna leave this here as a summary of my weekend...

YAAAAAAAAY!!!
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • @GoldenPenguin Well I know where I will be going later this week! They're exactly what I've been looking for and I will be quite sad if they aren't carrying them in Canada...

@southernpeach89 PUPPY! He is SO cute, I would just want to snuggle his little face all the time!

@LaPeanut1018 Love the dress, but I can't believe they would add rush charges as of next week...that seems crazy.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    @lmcooper86 It is crazy! I think the salon is going to try to give us some leeway but I'm kind of stressed/annoyed about it. Our wedding is in 4 1/2 months! Seems crazy that would need to rush order a dress in order for it to get here on time!

• BreMRBreMR member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    @southernpeach89 I LOVE YOUR PUPPY!!!! 

@Swazzle I can't even believe  people say shit like that.. if you're so selfish why would he want you to have kids? :)

@sakalicious CONGRATS!! I cannot WAIT for that day for me (it's still awhile away). 

My weekend was pretty good!  Friday night was FI birthday so we got to tell the final people we needed to that we're engaged and then I finally got to announce it to the world via facebook.  Saturday was interesting, I felt quite sick all day and slept a lot of the day away.  Yesterday I met with one of my oldest and dearest friends for shopping and Cinnabon. 

Nothing overly exciting, but a good weekend overall! 
  • Hello!

Friday FI took a personal day and cleaned my apartment for checkout. Y'all, I have a KEEPER. We'd worked on it all week with cleaning and moving and there was still about 10 man-hours of cleaning left to do. After that, we went to hang with our friends fo ra couple hours and I brought booze to all the nice people who dead-lifted a piano for me.

Saturday my parents were in town - my dad was on my apartment lease (credit was nonexistent) and he wanted to be there during checkout since he had vested financial interest. Checkout from my apartment went really well, my management said they couldn't tell I'd been there for four years. After that my parents, FI, and I worked on setting up the house. Some mechanical problems got solved, some didn't, the floor drain in the basement backed up when I tried to do laundry, but you can walk across the living room now! Not too much water, just enough to remind us that this is an older house that had been unoccupied for a while.

Sunday we went to FI's apartment and started working on packing and cleaning his place while watching "The World Wars." That was pretty good. We also did a little laundry in the morning.

This morning there was water by the other floor drain in the basement. I hope we can rent a power auger and solve this problem soon ... ah, the joys of home ownership.
  • @southernpeach89, I'm obsessed with your puppy! OMG so cute!
  • @BreMR it was the BEST feeling and I cried through the whole ceremony.  What are you studying and how far along are you?
  • BreMRBreMR member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    @BreMR it was the BEST feeling and I cried through the whole ceremony.  What are you studying and how far along are you?
    I'm going for my bachelors in elementary ed.  I'm credit-wise a junior, but I go nights/weekends so it is going to take a little longer than one more year.. so maybe another year and a half to go!! 
  • Oh fuck all. There's water all over the den in the basement - northwest corner, the carpet pad's glued down, and we have no good indication of the entry point. This is officially the most Monday of Mondays that ever Mondayed.
  •  

Oh fuck all. There's water all over the den in the basement - northwest corner, the carpet pad's glued down, and we have no good indication of the entry point. This is officially the most Monday of Mondays that ever Mondayed.

Is it raining? Could be your downspout detached.

If you havent had this problem before, without extraordinary weather conditions, it's probably not ground water, which would be the worst scenario!

• Downspout was detached. I'm not killing my dad or my FI over this one, but next time death might occur. Probably. Perhaps.

We must have pulled 12 gallons of water off the floor. Thank goodness my uncle lives in town and could lend us a big shop vac, several fans, etc. I had a dehumidifier already, and that's going. Could be a couple of days before it's all dried out but we did what we could for now.
  • @KeptInStitches‌ glad you found the problem! We have a small leak in the kitchen of the house we are trying to buy. We are hoping the sellers will fix it but if not, we totally turned off the water intake yesterday lol. Gotta stave off further damage!
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards