Plus-Sized

Show us your plus size wedding gown!

Re: Show us your plus size wedding gown!

• @JessicaB387 that dress is beautiful on you!
    Thank you!!! I was really dreading dress shopping and put it off as long as possible until my sister actually called around and made appointments for me, but I was so happy to find something I loved and felt good in! And it was not as painful a process as I thought it would be at all! :)
  • mssherimssheri member
    First Comment
    Here's my dress at 1st fitting.
  • mssherimssheri member
    First Comment
    1st fitting @DB
  • @mlng22 my dress is Allure Bridal - c269   http://www.allurebridals.com/products/c269

There were a couple of bridal shops in my area that had the sample, so I went with the shop that had the dress marked down a little bit (their consultants were not on commission).  In Ohio - Expression Bridal & Formal was the shop I got it from.

Is Expressions in Akron? I think I got something in the mail from them, and I LOVE your dress! I'm in Youngstown so it might be worth the drive!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker
  • @Alyssa18o6 Expressions is in Mentor.  They did have a quite a few plus size dresses.  They are NOT on commission, so my dress ended up being around $175 LESS than another shop selling the same dress that WAS on commission.  I asked the other shop if they would price match and they said 'no, but we hope you still consider buying the gown from us' which I thought was funny (especially after I explained I had a $75 off coupon from a bridal show in addition to the other shop being cheaper).  The reviews on Expressions are somewhat all over the place, but so far they've been nice to me.

Anniversary
  • @Dignity100 Mentor still isn't too bad of a drive. We don't have quite that many bridal places in my area, so I was expecting to have to drive. I'm hoping to NOT have to get a plus size gown, but incase I don't lose the weight i'm expecting to I wanna have options. Thank you :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• caryskarricaryskarri member
    First Comment
    edited May 2014
    Mine was a custom make with a completely beaded body from a designer in Toronto! Size 24/26. Loved it loved it loved it! i wore converse underneath - for a little bit of fun :) 
  • Sorry forgot to add this one :) 
  • Davids Bridal style 9wg3403, Size 18W
  • I have had my dress for almost a year, but I love coming back and looking at all the beautiful posts here :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • You ladies all look so wonderful! Originally I wasn't going to wear a wedding dress because I felt too fat to even try one on, and to be honest the thought of shopping for one still scares me to death, but I'm finding that I REALLY want to wear one. Thanks for all the inspiration you've given me :)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • this is me in my dress at my last fitting 
  • @Alyssa18o6 - I kind of stole your ticker style, hope you don't mind :-)

@Hyechica81 - Looks good, I have to say I'm curious as to what it would look like without the jacket though.

Anniversary
  • this is me in my dress at my last fitting 

Your dress is so pretty!  I would skip the jacket though. It looks way too big, and hides your dress.
  • hyechica81hyechica81 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment First Answer
    edited June 2014
    @queerfemme i wish i could skip the jacket for the whole entire wedding but my church requires to have your shoulders covered with some kind of jacket. (had to have the salon order the fabric and make me one )  good news is after the ceremony is over i can take the jacket off.

when i first got the dress i was planning on just going with the lace straps to give me more coverage then when i spoke to my priest to let him know what date i wanted and what time he informed me that i had to go out and get a jacket. i still did the lace straps

@dignity100 my mom forgot to snap a picture of me without the jacket. jacket will be coming off after the church ceremony ( jacket was for religious purposes for the cremony
  • doeydodoeydo member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    @hyechica81 I agree with PPs.  The jacket is too big for you and is not flattering.  Perhaps you can shop around for some other sort of cover-up to wear in the church.  
  • doeydo said:
    @hyechica81 I agree with PPs.  The jacket is too big for you and is not flattering.  Perhaps you can shop around for some other sort of cover-up to wear in the church.  

***STUCKINBOX****

I agree.  Perhaps they can make some sort of wrap or shawl instead of the jacket.   It will be a shame to have all of your ceremony photos with that jacket on.  It's ill fitting and does nothing for that dress. 
  • @Alyssa18o6 - I kind of stole your ticker style, hope you don't mind :-)

@Hyechica81 - Looks good, I have to say I'm curious as to what it would look like without the jacket though.
    Not at all! However im extremely jealous you're getting married AT Disney :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Can a 14 play here? I measured at a 16/18 but with the deep V back, 14 works perfectly. Pictures are in a 12 and look like a hot mess, but the 14 was white and a vile color on me.

• you can always get the dress taken in but not always taken out if you are measured at a 16/18 then go with the next largest size up which would be the 16

do you love this dress or no i would still look around but remember you will be a size or two or even three depending ont he designer of the dress up from your normal size
  • Oh I love that dress @jaydee4219!!!
  • @hyechica81‌ - I tried on a 18 in that dress. To keep it up, the consultant had to clip up huge amounts in back. It was far, far too big. Tried the 14, all but complete perfection. The straps are too long, but that is always a problem for me with a short torso. Honestly, with the 12, if I'd stuff myself into some Spanx for the day, I'd be fine in that. But ick, no thank you, I hate them on me.

Most DB dresses fit at 16 if not fitted in the hips or 18 if fitted. Their Vera Wang collection needed a 22 for not fitted at my hips. The Oleg Cassini line is a 10 or 12 if not fitted at the hips, 12 or 14 if fitted. I'm normally a 12, so the 16/18 range is what I expected if not a good deal higher for my boobs. I can't gain weight in the 14, but my weight has been very consistent for years and I can handle keeping my weight stable. But fit n flare will always be something to weight watch since it's basically a sheath dress with a skirt then added around the knees.
  • edited June 2014
    I found my dress!!!! It's Bonny Bridal, the Unforgettable Collection, style # 1301. Here's the website image: image

And here's me in it!

I'm so in love with it!! :D

Edited to fix pictures.
    Anniversary

• These are all so beautiful!!

I have not picked out my dress yet, but I did see an Oleg Cassini lace dress last year while trying on bridesmaid dresses that I loved...we will see how it goes at that time.

But just looked through all of the pictures on this board, definitely makes me more excited!!
  • doeydodoeydo member
    @lynze425 I don't know if it's just on my end, but I can't see the pictures you posted other than the one of the model.
  • doeydo said:
    @lynze425 I don't know if it's just on my end, but I can't see the pictures you posted other than the one of the model.
    I can't see them either @lynze425
  • doeydodoeydo member
    edited June 2014
    @lynze425  yes, now I can.  Veyr nice.