Not Engaged Yet

Getting to know yooouu.

Re: Getting to know yooouu.

• Screen Name:dreamlover129... I think. I made this s/n a loong time ago. I chose it b/c my favorite song is Dreamlover.
    Significant Other's Age:32
    What You Do:ultrasound
    What SO Does: works at his dads company
    State of Relationship:not engaged yet
    How Long You've Been Together: 3  years
    How You Met: 13 years ago at a job while in college.
    Wedding Date (if you're engaged/married):n/a
    Real Babies:0
    Fur Babies:2 dog and cat
    Loves: cheeseburgers, french fries, animals, house decor, beach
    Hates: roaches
    Pet Peeves: procrastination, small talk... what's the point?
    Hobbies/Activities: arts and crafts
    Favorite Thing About Your SO:  his great sense of humor and charm
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: he likes to nail clipper his dead skin
    Describe Your Personality: Laid back, non confrontational
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): 3 I can tell you what I really think but most of the time I bite my tongue.
    I've Been On TK Since: 2005, on and offf
    How You Came to Be On TK: My first wedding
    How I like my potatoes:French fries, or with lots of sour cream and salt
    Favorite book/author: I couldn't say.
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I'll get back to you.

• SmileDamnitSmileDamnit member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited March 2014
    Screen Name: Niccirf

Significant Other's Age38
    What You Do: Nonprofit management
    What SO DoesCorporate sales management
    State of Relationshipcohabitating, with t-minus 129 days until we're hitched!!
    How Long You've Been Togetheryear & a half-ish
    How You Met: eHarmony
    Wedding Date: 7.19.2014 
    Real Babies: FI has a kick ass 15-year-old from a previous marriage; hope to have our own soon (baby, not 15-year-old. that would hurt!)
    Fur BabiesGus the bulldog, Olive the 3-legged mutt
    Loves: cheese, photography, laughing, a tempurpedic bed. And Gin.
    Hates: stupidity, yoga, unnecessary drama, being late
    Pet Peeves: people who don't know how to properly merge on highways, loud chewers, vague-bookers
    Hobbies/Activities: food!, traveling, taking pictures, reading, fishing, happy hours
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: his ridiculously witty & mildly sarcastic humor, he has thee best hair & gorgeous blue eyes, he's brilliant, and he's a fantastic father
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: He buys everything in pairs. And he's an obsessive researcher.
    Describe Your Personality: slow to warm, fiercely loyal, dry humor, born & raised a "why" child, foul mouthed (sorry, Ma)
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): a good solid 5, unless I'm hungry then it's off the charts
    I've Been On TK SinceJanuary of this year
    How You Came to Be On TK: landed here after googling wedding shit & got sucked into board lurking
    How I like my potatoes: I'm not the least bit picky with my potatoes
    Favorite book/author: hands down favorite is Lonesome Dove by Larry McMurtry. I heart Gus BIG!
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I have two different ears. And I don't know how to dive. Oh, and I can still sing the "50 Nifty United States" song from 5th grade.

**edited to fix screw up formatting. Sorry :/**
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Screen Name: J&B0602
    Significant Other's Age: 26
    What You Do: Chemist in a waste water treatment facility
    What SO Does: Mechanic in a coal mine
    State of Relationship: Dating. Rings, engagement, wedding, marriage, house, & kids have all been discussed. I'm just being patient and waiting on a ring :) He is supportive of gathering ideas/wedding planning :)
    How Long You've Been Together: 21 Months
    How You Met: match.com
    Wedding Date (if you're engaged/married):
    Real Babies: none
    Fur Babies: Ollie (dog) and Ringo (cat)
    Loves: Each other. Corny but true. 
    Hates: People who like to stir drama. 
    Pet Peeves: Clicking pens, talking with mouth full of food, people who are glued to their cell phones
    Hobbies/Activities: Four-wheeling, fishing, hunting, mudding, random road trips, hiking, zip-lining, movies
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: His heart and willingness to drop everything to help a friend in need. 
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: tobacco use
    Describe Your Personality: Shy at first
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): Depends on the day
    I've Been On TK Since: 3/12/14
    How You Came to Be On TK: google search lead to The Knot
    How I like my potatoes: steak fries
    Favorite book/author: Ralph Compton
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I'm a small town girl in a big town world. 
  • Name:castaldoal
    Significant Other's Age:27, some may think its odd but sometimes he is much younger at heart and I might as well be an old lady ha.
    What You Do: general manager at a little caesars
    What SO Does: owner/operator of little caesars franchises
    State of Relationship: living together, practically married, just not legally lol
    How Long You've Been Together: 3 years
    How You Met: I was new to two and applying for jobs and he hired me
    Wedding Date (if you're engaged/married): not engaged yet but looking at rings
    Real Babies: a five year old boy landen from his previous marriage and he lives with his mother
    Fur Babies
    a 2 year old english bulldog gus and 7 year old chihuahua apple
    Loves: dogs, thunderstorms, Family, and traveling
    Hates: dirty house or work area, laundry and peas
    Pet Peeves: the sound of someone biting their nails, drives me crazy
    Hobbies/Activities: cooking and running
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: so level headed and he always know what direction our life is headed, he's great at planning for the future
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: the sound of him biting his nails...
    Describe Your Personality: very quiet, but once I'm comfortable very fun!
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]):  middle ground somewhere, I try to stay as level as possible
    I've Been On TK Since: for a bit, just finally got around to posting
    How You Came to Be On TK: just browsing when I got that feeling he was the one,  the little girl in me couldnt stop myself from looking at pretty dresses.
    How I like my potatoes: anyway I can pile them into my tummy, carbs carbs  carbs!!!
    Favorite book/author: I don't really have one, im more of a random reader, some books I like some I don't. 
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I guess I am not that interesting considering I can't think of a single thing :(
  • lilacck28lilacck28 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited April 2014
    Screen Name: lilacck28
    Significant Other's Age: 25, soon to be 26
    What You Do: artist/ graduate student/ hopefully soon employed teaching at a college/ university
    What SO Does: admin. in a government affairs office/ soon to be a graduate student in an MPA program (very into state politics/ urban planning)
    State of Relationship: according to him, a week or two away from proposal (ring has been purchased, waiting for it to be ready.)  Living together since July 2012.  
    How Long You've Been Together: about 2 and a half years
    How You Met: internet dating site. It was a whim that was suggested/ encouraged by my meddling but entertaining grandmother that really paid off. 
    Wedding Date (if you're engaged/married): n/a, but we've discussed the late spring/ summer of 2015, which is when he'll be on summer break from grad school
    Fur Babies: none. eventually we want a goldendoodle, which is what his family dog is
    Loves: lazing around with each other, reading bad (and some good) romance novels, used to love watching How I Met Your Mother until they destroyed the show with the finale. It just aired last night. I'm very bitter 
    Hates: Stupidity, ignorance. 
    Pet Peeves: poor grammar and spelling, though at times I've certainly been guilty of both. 
    Hobbies/Activities: reading, watching the news, watching tv, listening to podcasts, knitting, embroidery, drawing, painting. Those last four don't totally count though, since my "hobbies" are also my profession. 
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: How kind and intelligent he is, how down to earth he is, how good he is at making me feel loved, and how he encourages my silliness. And he's super duper good looking too and always gets rid of bugs for me without too much eye rolling. 
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: He has a teeny tiny case of road rage. It stresses me out on long car rides.
    Describe Your Personality: I try to be kind and welcoming and entertaining. I wish my inner monologue was as nice. Perfectionist, over analyzer. 
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): variable. tends towards the higher end. 
    I've Been On TK Since: a while, sometime in 2013
    How You Came to Be On TK: was looking at something wedding related, an article on dresses or something that I had to sign in to read
    How I like my potatoes: curly fries, latkes, baked or mashed or anyway with loads of cheese and sour cream
    Favorite book/author: John Irving, even though he's a bit of a jerk. And Julia Quinn, because I love humor and sappy romance.  
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I hate cilantro. HATE it. I used to be a very shy, quiet, introvert. Sometimes I forget that I'm not anymore. 
  • Screen Name: kel1087
    Significant Other's Age: 31
    What You Do: currently SAHM
    What SO Does: molder at North American Lighting
    State of Relationship: Fresh!
    How Long You've Been Together: "Not long enough" but when you "know", you know!
    How You Met: My sister introduced us.
    Wedding Date (if you're engaged/married): 4/8/2017 unless we move it sooner. He asked but requested time to get the "perfect" ring and save up for my "dream" wedding. Told me to go ahead and start planning though.
    Real Babies: Sakura - 9 years old (his), Liam - 8 years old (mine), Seamus - 8 months old (mine)
    Fur Babies: Dodge - Miniature Schnauzer, Ebon - Burmese cat
    Loves: Family, friends, a good book, watching him cook
    Hates: My stupidity tolerance level has gone extinct...
    Pet Peeves: People intentionally being idiotic, people who don't use turn signals/don't shut them off, "Holier-than-thou" attitudes
    Hobbies/Activities: Reading, writing, playing games, cooking, camping, fishing
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: He's very understanding and caring.
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: He's very gullible where his ex-wife is concerned.
    Describe Your Personality: Laid-back, moderately shy
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): Depending on time of day and who you ask, could be a 3, could be a 20. I'd say about 8.
    I've Been On TK Since: 2004 I believe.
    How You Came to Be On TK: School project
    How I like my potatoes: French fried and dipped in Wendy's chocolate Frosty!
    Favorite author: Laurell K Hamilton, Karen Marie Moning
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I have a foot phobia. I can't look at or touch feet without having an anxiety attack. I'm also terrified of clowns and people touching me without alerting me to their intentions. So don't show up at my door barefoot, in a clown suit, and try to hug me. Please....
  • Screen Name: JaimeLynn621

Significant Other's Age: 21 (turning 22 in September)

What You Do: Assistant Store Manager at a beauty supply chain/ Student

What SO Does: Band Saw Operator/ Fork Lift Driver

State of Relationship: Newly Engaged

How Long You've Been Together: About 2 years

How You Met: My co-worker at the time and I became friends outside of work and she introduced me to her boyfriend in which they both introduced me to his friend/ co-worker and it was love from day 1

Wedding Date (if you're engaged/married): Hopefully next summer!? No specific date though

Real Babies: None yet, he would have liked to start a family like yesterday but I want a wedding first!

Fur Babies: Logan - our 2 year old Collie and Marley- was his cat to begin with but we share her now

Loves: Travelling with him, taking long walks/heights, sightseeing, camping, grilling out, comedy movies, family and friends

Hates: People who gossip solely because they cant keep their nose out of anyone's business and they have nothing better to do, liars (especially habitual ones), people who cant own up to their own mistakes/faults, bad and slow drivers

Pet Peeves: See Hates

Hobbies/Activities: Hiking, Travelling, Camping, Baking, Beading, Shopping, Does pinterest count as a hobby because I am pretty sure I am addicted?

Favorite Thing About Your SO: The fact that he truly is my best friend/ soul mate in life. That and he is generally just an amazing person. His personality compliments mine and he makes me a better person. His sense of humor is the best too. He can make me laugh until I am on the floor and wetting my pants

Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: He is a cigarette smoker. Nasty habit that I wish he would break....soon!

Describe Your Personality: I am pretty laid back and mostly an anything goes type of girl. There are sometimes where I can be a bit high strung but its not often. I am very sarcastic and use humor through every situation in life. My mouth can sometimes get me in trouble.

Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): Anywhere between a 1 and a 5

I've Been On TK Since: About 2 months. since becoming engaged

How You Came to Be On TK: just online and stumbled upon it I guess

How I like my potatoes: Baked or mashed with lots of butter, cheese and bacon bits!

Favorite author: I don't have a particularly favorite author

Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I am (for the most part) a self taught belly dancer.
  • Screen Name: Emmyghoul

Significant Other's Age: 36

What You Do: customer service (call center)

What SO Does: same, but for a much better company

State of Relationship: Living together

How Long You've Been Together: 2 years

How You Met: Through friends

Wedding Date (if you're engaged/married): ASAP

Real Babies: ASAP lol

Fur Babies: Apollo Snow (chihuahua/papillon/lab mix) and Buster Snow (a rabbit)

Loves: coffee, beer, wine, whiskey, bacon, good food, good conversation, sitting on the back porch with my dog, manpanion, a good book and a cold drink all evening long.

Hates: pretensious people.

Pet Peeves: whistling.

Hobbies: reading, cooking/baking. Trying to sew
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: his loyalty/honor code

Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: he either takes things too seriously or not seriously enough.

Describe Your Personality: sarcastic, nerdy, bubbly, cheesy

Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): 8 or 9 depending on the day

I've Been On TK Since: almost 2 years.

How You Came to Be On TK: Once we started talking about getting married, I thought if get ahead, 2 years later and now it's almost time to start planning.

How I like my potatoes: depends what I'm eating them with! I'll eat potatoes with near any meal.

Favorite book/author: I have to choose one? I'm obsessed with the series A Song of Ice and Fire (Game of Thrones books)

Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: being insanely nerdy, our fur babies are named for battlestar galactica and game of thrones. (Apollo and buster are call signs for brothers lee and zach Adama, and snow is the last name given to bastards from the north). Our future children will also be named that way... Want a boy named gaius and a girl named arya. Also- when we finally get engaged we plan on pulling an incredible prank on out friends.

• mimivacmimivac member
    First Comment 5 Love Its First Anniversary

Screen Name: mimivac

Significant Other's Age: 41

What You Do: Research Analyst 
    What SO Does: Attorney
    State of Relationship: Dating
    How Long You've Been Together:1.5 years
    How You Met:match.com
    Real Babies:
    Fur Babies:I have one cat
    Loves: Food, theatre, music
    Hates:
    Pet Peeves:
    Hobbies/Activities:reading, traveling, eating out
    Favorite Thing About Your SO:his kindness
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO:
    Describe Your Personality:Easy going

Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]):2
    I've Been On TK Since:2000
    How You Came to Be On TK:Was dating my now ex-husband
    How I like my potatoes:Every way imaginable

Favorite book/author:Jhumpa Lahiri
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I was born in Istanbul
  • Screen Name: ChrissyMcClellan Age: 32 Significant Other's Age: 25 What You Do: sahm What SO Does: mechanic State of Relationship: he says we'll be engaged within the next year How Long You've Been Together: 2 yrs How You Met: at work Wedding Date (if you're engaged/married): n/a Real Babies: Fur Babies: 2 boys 1girl Loves: iFunny, Bleach (anime), Star Trek Hates: watching SO play CoD it makes me sick in my stomach Pet Peeves: ummmm way to many things but current is cray cray. I drives me there Hobbies/Activities: I am teaching myself to sew and hope to get a sewing machine soon Favorite Thing About Your SO: his personality. He is so calm and so much more grounded and dare I say it responsible than me. Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: his weight. I wish I could pack more meat on his 6ft frame but no matter how many steaks I feed him he refuses to gain weight. Damn high metabolism Describe Your Personality: I am mostly easy going until you mess with my family then I turn momma bear loose Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): I am a 5 but I go up or down the scale as needed. I've Been On TK Since: been on here about 6 months but haven't posted just looking around at the pretty crafts. Seeing what I might be able to learn (had a couple friends and family get married so I was hoping to get crafty for them) How You Came to Be On TK: I looked at the knot years ago (before the app at one point they sent you a physical book. I wish I still had it) How I like my potatoes: mashed, fried it doesn't matter I love potatoes Favorite book/author: I have been on a Hunger Games kick lately but Anne Rice is always a fave Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: ummmm.... When my kids are home we have random times where screaming and running in the house is acceptable. It's usually to help burn off energy before my SO gets home. I am slightly depressed cause my birthday is coming up soon and against my better judgement I am getting my hopes up for a pretty sparkly to be presented to me. Ugh it won't though. Then I will be another year older and sparkly-less. Okay random whiney-ness over.
  • justbeingme93justbeingme93 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited July 2014
    Screen Name: justbeingme93

Significant Other's Age
    : 22

What You Do: Student (Elementary Education)

What SO Does: Student (Marketing)

How Long You've Been Together: 6 years

How You Met: We met in Spanish class in high school. This explains why I know how to speak very little Spanish. haha. 

Wedding Date
     (if you're engaged/married): N/A

Real Babies: None

Fur Babies: One Dog 

Loves: reading, hunting, watching baseball, cooking, pinteresting (is that a thing haha), and camping

Hates: anything creepy crawly

Favorite Thing About Your SO: He is everything I wasn't looking for and everything I needed. He let's me be independent when I want to be, and he knows how to treat me so special. Also, he is better at communicating than I am! 

Describe Your Personality: I am pretty quiet. 

Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): I am a 1 - to a fault. haha. 

I've Been On TK Since: I created an account today. 

How You Came to Be On TK: I came to be on TK while searching for an online community for people with similar circumstances as me.

• Screen Name: Bikergirl (lol Im actually not, long story)
    Significant Other's Age: 55
    What You Do: I am a preschool teacher
    What SO Does: He is a custodian/maintenance man
    State of Relationship: new relationship
    How Long You've Been Together: about a year maybe
    How You Met: we met at work
    Real Babies: I have a daughter she will be 9 on June 9th
    Fur Babies:
    Loves: my Brittany, italian food, romantic restaurants on the water, being near the water, and most of all my Dennis
    Hates: commuting to work everyday, being financially strapped all the time, and working late
    Pet Peeves: judgemental people, people who cant discipline their children, bad parenting, people who think they are better than everyone
    Hobbies/Activities: writing, going to nice restaurants for dinner
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: How SWEET AND LOVING HE IS.but most of all he LOVES ME :-), the way he kisses
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: he has too many females friends and is best friends with his daughter's mother
    Describe Your Personality: I am humble, down to earth, caring, and sensitive. I'm also very spiritual
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]):??
    I've Been On TK Since: a while
    How You Came to Be On TK: I was on it previously when I married my first husband
    How I like my potatoes: anyway lol
    Favorite book/author: Sue Grafton books
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: lol Im scared deathly afraid of bees and I dont like to dance. I mean it
  • Screen Name: rockin30ish
    What You Do: SAHM and gf
    What SO Does: military
    State of Relationship: waiting for divorce from previous marriage to finalize before we can get moving on our engagement/wedding. We have a lot planned, ideas, etc. He jokes that he'll be on one knee outside the courthouse on the day it's final.
    How Long You've Been Together: about 1 1/2 years
    How You Met: in a bar, the old fashioned way
    Wedding Date (if you're engaged/married): thinking 2/6/2016
    Real Babies: Kairi, 7 1/2 yo
    Fur Babies: Nickolas, my daughter's mini schnauzer
    Loves: music, movies, books, sushi, beer
    Hates: stupid people, bad drivers, onions
    Pet Peeves: leaving cabinet doors open, putting wet towels on the bed
    Hobbies/Activities: reading, relaxing, trying new foods, spending time with my family
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: he's smart, funny, the perfect male version of me
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: gas
    Describe Your Personality: extremely sarcastic, blunt, funny, honest
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): 8
    I've Been On TK Since: last week sometime
    How You Came to Be On TK: look at wedding stuff, get a POA for when we start going to town.
    How I like my potatoes: yes
    Favorite book/author: So many. Currently reading the latest Dresden Files book by Jim Butcher. Also love Heather Graham (the paranormal books), Patricia Cornwell, and Janet Evanovich
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I don't know how interesting I am. I feel that I'm just me. A strange thing about me: I'm very particular about the way I fold my towels, washcloths. I had to teach the man how to do it properly....well, try to teach him. He ultimately just throws them at me and tells me to do it. lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• edited July 2014
    Screen Name: EisleyJoGo
    Significant Other's Age: 25
    What You Do: Electrical engineer for a utility
    What SO Does: Mechanical engineer
    State of Relationship: Dating and Living together
    How Long You've Been Together: Since November 2012
    How You Met: OK Cupid
    Wedding Date (if you're engaged/married): Not yet engaged
    Real Babies: Nope
    Fur Babies: A shelter dog named Marvin
    Loves: Hiking, Running with my dog, Baking
    Hates: Doing dishes, Debating pretty much anything
    Pet Peeves: People on the freeway that don't use cruise control, especially if you go to pass them and THAT’S when they decide to speed up
    Hobbies/Activities: I read a lot of memoirs, run with my dog every morning, and hike whenever it's nice out! I started cross stitching as a winter activity.
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: He and I share similar opinions on almost everything! Especially our future, what we want out of a future marriage/family/house/etc. This also includes political and religious topics.
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: He turns short stories into long ones. Especially when he drinks.
    Describe Your Personality: Strong personality. Making people smile makes my life worthwhile. Destined for broadway if I had the drive, or the talent.
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): I’d like to think I’m a 2 or 3. I pretty much avoid confrontation as much as possible in real life.
    I've Been On TK Since: Yesterday
    How You Came to Be On TK: Internet search for proposal stories. I'm in that "hopefully engaged soon" part of my relationship!
    How I like my potatoes: My dad is LITERALLY a potato farmer. There isn't a way I don't like them. But I also like cheese, so I'll go with au gratin.
    Favorite book/author: My favorite author is Ellen Hopkins, and I'll say favorite book is Memoirs of a Geisha, just because I've read it more than once.
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: Well, I already told you my dad's a potato farmer. . . Ummm. . . I'm saving up money so that next year I can take the training to become a licensed skydiver!

ETF: My attitude :P
  • Screen Name: Samboenda
    Significant Other's Age: 27
    What You Do: PhD student in Physiology and Neuroscience
    What SO Does: Neurology Resident
    State of Relationship: Cohabitating
    How Long You've Been Together: Three years
    How You Met: We met while we were both in medical school and our romance bloomed during late nights in the library.  
    Wedding Date (if you're engaged/married): 2015??
    Real Babies: 0
    Fur Babies: Mishka, our adorable 6 yo Husky/Shepard mix
    Loves:  Cooking, Nature, Thrift shopping, Science.
    Hates: Mushrooms, sorry I know that I am missing out from all the joy others seem to get out of them but I just can't. 
    Pet Peeves:  long toenails.  
    Hobbies/Activities:  Running, board games, hanging out with close friends.
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: He is the smartest person that I have ever met but he treats everyone as though they have something to teach him. 
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO:  He's very quiet in groups of people. I wish he would share his thoughts and ideas with other people more.
    Describe Your Personality: I am a huge nerd.  Star Trek, LOTRs, GoT you name it, I am into it.  I am generally introverted but once I get to know people I am enthusiastic and talkative.  Most of my friends would describe me as very driven and hard-working which is true when I have a project that I'm interested in.  I am outdoorsy and adventurous; my SO thinks I'm a bit crazy in this regard.  
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): Honestly the idea of being snarky is very foreign to me.  I can certainly be opinionated but I'm not a sarcastic person generally.
    I've Been On TK Since: 2013 
    How You Came to Be On TK: A lot of my friends have been getting engaged/married in the last couple of years but I didn't get on TK until two of my brothers got engaged and I was bridesmaid.  
    How I like my potatoes: I love sweet potatoes, in any form.
    Favorite book/author: Man's search for meaning.  It's just a beautiful book.  
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I studied abroad in Ecuador for six months during college and I hope to visit that beautiful country again.  
  • joy14bwjoy14bw member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited July 2014

Screen Name: es14bw
    Significant Other's Age: 32
    What You Do: Oil and Gas production planner
    What SO Does: Software writer for commodities trading
    State of Relationship: NYE
    How Long You've Been Together: 6 months
    How You Met: Met in College over 10 years ago and reconnected on (SMH) Tender. Have been inseparable ever since.  
    Wedding Date (if you're engaged/married): N/A
    Fur Babies: I have 2 little ones and he has one big.
    Loves:  Flowers and great glass of red wine.
    Hates: carbon black (at work), Rooms with no windows.
    Pet Peeves:  no shows or saying you will do something and not follow through.  
    Hobbies/Activities:  Reading, House DIY project, Teaching my best friends kids swim lessons and just hanging out..
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: He is by far the most respectful man I’ve ever dated…to me, my parents and my friends. Its so attractive to see him so comfortable around everyone I love. 
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO:  He has a ex wife who can sometimes get annoying (ie asking for old items from when they were together)
    Describe Your Personality: I probably laugh too much and too hard. I love singing really loud in the car with or without SO. For the most part I’m pretty care free but I get a little insecure in relationships because of my past (MEGA) failures. I’m a bit of a tomboy but still have my girlie habits.
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): 1 normally but if I feel like I’m being attached or threatened then maybe a 6.
    I've Been On TK Since:  I was on back in 2006 when I was engaged but that ended badly so I got off and asked to be deleted. Haven’t felt a need to get back on til recent weddings for close friends.
    How You Came to Be On TK: I think above explains this but I've also been a bridesmaid 4...soon to be 5 times.
    How I like my potatoes: sweet or the works
    Favorite book/author: Seduction and snacks /Tara Sivec  - IF YOU HAVEN’T READ IT, YOU MUST!! ITS HILARIOUS! Only book that’s made me LOL.  
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I used to race motorcycles when I was young and fearless. lol 

• Screen Name: morphemes 
    Significant Other's Age: 35
    What You Do: I am currently a full time law student
    What SO Does: He works for a sustainable energy company
    State of Relationship: Living together happily with no current plans for engagement
    How Long You've Been Together: 2 years this August
    How You Met: We used to work together
    Wedding Date (if you're engaged/married): N/A
    Fur Babies: none (but I would LOVE to get a dog, we just don't live in a pet-friendly apartment right now)
    Loves: Tetris, Dr. Who, reading (non-law related books), taking walks along the lake, iced coffee, and Autumn
    Hates: Mustard. I don't know why, but I just hate it
    Pet Peeves: 
    Hobbies/Activities: Knitting, reading (although I don't have much time to read non-law related books)
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: He makes the best scrambled eggs! Ok, I don't know if that's my absolute favorite thing, but they really are damn good eggs! ;)
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: It takes him so long to decide what he wants for dinner. Sometimes I am halfway through making dinner by the time he decides and I just tell him he'll love whatever I make! I don't even know how early he starts thinking about it on his days to cook! 
    Describe Your Personality: I can get a little sassy, but generally I can admit when I'm wrong and I don't take myself too seriously.
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): I'm going to say 7
    I've Been On TK Since: January, but only made an account this week!
    How You Came to Be On TK: I joined to get some etiquette advice on hosting a bachelorette party for my friend, and have been lurking ever since
    How I like my potatoes: EVERY WAY! I guess if I have to pick one way I would say curly and fried. I also really like sweet potato fries!
    Favorite book/author: My absolute favorite book is Pride and Prejudice. I just love it. However, I'm also a super-dork and I have to list Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss. If any of you are interested in fantasy novels, I cannot recommend it more!
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I'm currently in law school, which isn't that interesting. Let me try again...I've lived in 4 different countries! 
  • Screen Name: bookstorespeakeasy14
    What You Do: Executive Assistant
    What SO Does: Sales/Entrepreneur
    State of Relationship: Enjoying each other's company with no plans for engagement 
    How Long You've Been Together: 4 years
    How You Met: Childhood friends
    Fur Babies: 1 dog (German Shepard)
    Loves: Traveling, the beach, chocolate, puppy snuggles, hiking, sky diving 
    Hates: mushrooms, people who enjoy making others miserable, not being provided food at social events
    Pet Peeves: Brides who treat bridesmaids as their personal slaves 
    Hobbies/Activities: Homebody/Adventurer -- I love sitting home with a good book, but also love going on adventures (see love of sky diving).
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: Extremely spontaneous, we have often gone on vacations with no idea where we were staying, and end up getting the nicest places possible.
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: Extremely spontaneous.. haha I love that he just loves to do things on a whim but it also drives me crazy because I never know what to expect.  
    Describe Your Personality: I like to plan and will often make a to do list for the week, and sometimes daily. I am blunt and sarcastic.  Though I am not a bride, nor planning to be one anytime soon, I have been in 10 weddings, and know a lot about what should and should not be done.  That being said, I am the friend everyone turns to for advice.  Basically if you've read anything about Libras, that is my personality.
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): Depending on scenario anywhere ranging from 6-9
    I've Been On TK Since: Signed up for The Nest after BF and I put an offer in on a house.  Didn't really do anything there, but then came onto TK around April to get some ideas for my sister's wedding (this September).
    How You Came to Be On TK: While looking for ideas for my sister came across posts that I felt I could share advice or an opinion on, and now I'm hooked. 
    How I like my potatoes: mashed, baked, roasted, fried, smothered in bacon and butter
    Favorite book/author: Love the classics. My absolute favorites are: To Kill A Mockingbird, The Great Gatsby, Of Mice & Men, One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, and Pride & Prejudice.  I actually do not have a favorite author, though I did read the entire Hunger Games series in a week so Suzanne Collins is a current interest.  
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I have made a life goal to travel to a place I have never been at least once a year. 
  • Wow that's a lot of questions. Do people actually read these? I suppose it's the polite thing to do.

Screen Name: TwinkleBoss
    Significant Other's Age: 24
    What You Do: Administrative assistant for a vegetable processing company
    What SO Does: Working two (nearly) full-time jobs as a caretaker and a lab technician, currently studying to be accepted into an electricians trade school
    State of Relationship: Seriously dating, have discussed marriage probably more than is healthy
    How Long You've Been Together: Unofficially since February 14th 2014, "officially" since May 5th 2014
    How You Met: We knew one another from high school but never really hung out (despite both being involved in the same groups and incidently spending more time together than we previously realized). Jump forward a few years, we met again through facebook.
    Wedding Date (if you're engaged/married): None officially, but we're looking at January 2016
    Fur Babies: None together (though we each have our own dogs who somehow wound up with the same, totally obscure names)
    Loves: Dogs, Disney and clothes
    Hates: Bugs
    Pet Peeves: Cracking knuckles/knees/neck/toes/etc (unless it's me, then it's okay)
    Hobbies/Activities: Writing, drawing, blogging, fashion
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: That he completes and compliments me in every possible way.
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: He doesn't sleep very much. Actually, this doesn't really bother me that much, it mostly worries me cause I'm afraid he works too much and is going to burn himself out someday.
    Describe Your Personality: Realistic pessimist with a huge dose of awkward geekiness
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): Anywhere from 2 to 8 depending on the situation
    I've Been On TK Since: A couple weeks at most
    How You Came to Be On TK: Researching the best forums to discuss anything wedding related with others in my position
    How I like my potatoes: Red
    Favorite book/author: Have yet to find either
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I'm completely obsessed with Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
  • Screen Name: lizzieR99
    What You Do: I work at a hotel right now, working the front desk and also running the kitchen. Three semesters left to graduate with my Bachelor's degree in Microbiology
    What SO Does: He works at a fast food place right now part time, he's in school for about two more years or so.
    State of Relationship: Good? We just moved in together in May.
    How Long You've Been Together: Since 9/2/2013, so 10 months and 17 days
    How You Met: We lived in the same dorm and he started dating my dorm neighbor and we became friends. After they broke up, we started talking over Skype during the summer and when he was back in town in the fall, things sort of fell into place.
    Wedding Date (if you're engaged/married): Not engaged yet, just browsing. 
    Real Babies: None yet, gladly.
    Fur Babies: None yet, sadly.
    Loves: I'm a big science nerd. 
    Hates: Scrambled eggs. (Well, maybe hate is a strong word, but I can't think of anything to put.)
    Pet Peeves: When people are rude to customer service people. Even if they did something wrong, there's no reason to be a snot about it when you point out the mistake.
    Hobbies/Activities: Mostly Netflix and science. I love Doctor Who, Game of Thrones, Last Week Tonight with John Oliver. My SO and I watch/listen to a lot of stand-up comedy.
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: He's my best friend. I feel completely myself when I'm with him.
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: He's like a bull in a china shop sometimes. 
    Describe Your Personality: I'm alright I guess. I mostly lurk on here, I'm pretty quiet. I'm pretty nice.
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): Maybe like a 3-4
    I've Been On TK Since: Since 2012 when I was with my last boyfriend, and then I forgot about it awhile and then updated it earlier this year.
    How You Came to Be On TK: Being BSC and wanting to be married NOW. I've chilled out since then and just browse mostly to get "wedding jitters" out of my system so I don't freak on my SO all the time about "Why aren't we married yet?!"
    How I like my potatoes: Mashed with cooked spinach mixed in, so they turn green. Green potatoes.
    Favorite book/author: I don't have a favorite, but I'm currently reading The Untold History of the United States by Oliver Stone and Peter Kuznick.
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I'd like to be a scientific journalist when I grow up. Basically explaining science topics to the public and explaining how new everyday discoveries can be applied to their lives. But we'll see if that ever happens.

• Screen Name: souhternpurpleveg
    Significant Other's Age: 28
    What You Do: special service desk supervisor/ trainer
    What SO Does: teachers aide/ in school to be a dental hygienist
    State of Relationship: engaged 7/23/14
    How Long You've Been Together: 6 years
    How You Met: by a mutual friend
    Wedding Date (if you're engaged/married): TBA
    Fur Babies: 1
    Loves: chocolate,cats,swimming
    Hates: really nothing very peaceful person
    Pet Peeves: tapping on something to get someone's attention, or yelling at someone to get there attention
    Hobbies/Activities: blogging, reading, video games, air soft
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: funny sense of humor
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: can act like a idiot sometimes
    Describe Your Personality: witty, sweet, friendly, caring, outgoing, sarcastic person
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): 8
    I've Been On TK Since: July 2014
    How You Came to Be On TK: Need ideas and help planning a wedding that I though I would never be getting married
    How I like my potatoes: cubed and roasted
    Favorite book/author: Ann Rice
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I used to own my own photography business when I was 20.
  • Screen Name: ashleybunny8
    Significant Other's Age: 30
    What You Do: work in a call center for Bank of America
    What SO Does: IT support
    State of Relationship: dating
    How Long You've Been Together: 4 months
    How You Met: online 
    Fur Babies: I have two cats, Jake wants to get a dog eventually
    Loves: baking, reading, marathoning TV shows, and food
    Hates: I wouldn't say we hate children, but we aren't the biggest fans of them...
    Pet Peeves: people who interrupt, rudeness, and tardiness
    Hobbies/Activities: reading, cooking, writing
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: respectful and mature (I can't pick just one!)
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: he can be very go-go-go, with not a lot of time to rest/have some alone time
    Describe Your Personality: thoughtful, sarcastic, caring, polite, neat
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): 6
    I've Been On TK Since: July 2014
    How You Came to Be On TK: Wanted a place to plan everything and help me stay organized when The Big Day is finally put in motion.. Also, it helps to have outside opinions on things like colors, arrangements, etc.
    How I like my potatoes: mashed
    Favorite book/author: Scott Westerfeld 
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I am one of six children, but only me and my older sister share the same bio mother and father
  • edited July 2014
    Screen Name: majesticseahorse
    What You Do: sahm
    What SO Does: forklift operator
    State of Relationship: seriously dating
    How Long You've Been Together: 11 months
    How You Met: online
    Real Babies: an almost 3 year old girl from my first marriage
    Fur Babies: two cats; Dixon and Dylan
    Loves: the boyfriend & kid, baking/cooking, sewing, binge watching shows on Netflix
    Hates: meat with a lot of fat on it
    Pet Peeves: pimples, unnecessary attitude
    Hobbies/Activities: sewing, eating, cleaning
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: his looks, height, how he treats me and my daughter Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: his negativity about somethings
    Describe Your Personality: loyal, funny, sarcastic, dingy, particular
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): depends but I run on about a 2
    I've Been On TK Since: before my first marriage
    How You Came to Be On TK: I thought it might be helpful but never used it
    How I like my potatoes: any way I can get them
    Favorite book/author: I don't have one
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I am an only child but want a lot of kids
  • onalosonalos newb
    First Comment
    edited August 2014
    Screen Name: Onalos
    Significant Other's Age: 22
    What You Do: Dog Trainer/Business Owner
    What SO Does: Software Engineer/Game Developer
    State of Relationship: Engagement is coming soon haha
    How Long You've Been Together: 9 months (been best friends for 5 years before)
    How You Met: Mutual friend; social media
    Wedding Date (if you're engaged/married): Jokingly discussed 10/29/16
    Fur Babies: One rescued pit bull & one rescued cat
    Loves: Dogs! Haha and food, we are both huge Comics/Video Game fans
    Hates: I'm not an elevator fan and he hates tuna
    Pet Peeves: I'm pretty young looking; so I dislike when people ask if I'm underage
    Hobbies/Activities: We spend every Wednesday comic book shopping and then dinner
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: He's just about the same person as I, just as a male.
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: He's 6'5 haha (I'm 4'8)
    Describe Your Personality: Upbeat, dedicated and a tidbit lazy
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): 4
    I've Been On TK Since: today!
    How You Came to Be On TK: I'm always planning
    How I like my potatoes: Definitely mashed!
    Favorite book/author: James Patterson
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I'm lefthanded??
  • Screen Name: Knottie91262830

Significant Other's Age: 23

What You Do: Currently Studying Jazz Performance on Trombone at Berklee College of Music

What SO Does: Currently studying Marketing at Edinboro University

State of Relationship: Long Distance but absolutely amazing

How Long You've Been Together: Just over a year 

How You Met: We met when I was only a year old at our cottages. We are neighbours and we've spent every summer together since then. 

Wedding Date (if you're engaged/married): Not engaged, but we have talked about it already 

Real Babies: Nope

Fur Babies: We both love dogs 

Loves: Music, food, camping, travelling, swimming, skiing, reading, dancing

Hates: Living in a different country from my SO

Pet Peeves: People who don't take my career goals in music seriously 

Hobbies/Activities: Skiing, dancing, anything on a boat 

Favorite Thing About Your SO: That's extremely tough, he's extremely supportive and he's the nicest person I've ever met. 

Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: He doesn't share his feelings when he's clearly upset. 

Describe Your Personality: Fairly quiet until you get to know me. I'm pretty weird, I've gone to arts schools since I was 9 so that reflects in the way I act. 

Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): Solid 4

I've Been On TK Since: 2 weeks

How You Came to Be On TK: I love looking at wedding stuff, it's become an addiction 

How I like my potatoes: Mashed

Favorite book/author: Kenneth Oppel 

Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I am equally in love with my SO as I am with music.  

• Screen Name: Shirelin
    What You Do: Write
    What SO Does: Student/ Retail
    How Long You've Been Together: We've known each other for 7 years now, dated briefly near the beginning, and started dating seriously for a year now
    How You Met: I met him through my best friend. He had been dating someone else at the time
    Real Babies: None yet.
    Fur Babies: I have four cats (two are family cats, the other two are mine), three dogs, an umbrella cockatoo, and a double yellow headed amazon (Cockatoo is mom's, amazon is mine)
    Loves: Writing, drawing, world developing, reading, animals, renaissance festivals
    Hates: Pain, needles (medical), idiots
    Pet Peeves: Poor grammar, poor spelling
    Hobbies/Activities: Writing, drawing... Look up at 'loves' XD
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: His intelligence
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: His social awkwardness
    Describe Your Personality: Generous to a fault, selfless... to a fault, loyal, creative, somewhat grumpy without my chocolate
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): 5/6?
    I've Been On TK Since: Only a month or two?
    How You Came to Be On TK: Was browsing around for wedding ideas and came across TK
    How I like my potatoes: POTATOES! <3
    Favorite book/author: Christine Feehan is my current favorite <3
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I finished a 50K word novel in November 2013.
  • shirelinshirelin member
    First Comment
    edited August 2014
    Screen Name: Shirelin
    What You Do: Write
    What SO Does: Student/ Retail
    How Long You've Been Together: We've known each other for 7 years now, dated briefly near the beginning, and started dating seriously for a year now
    How You Met: I met him through my best friend. He had been dating someone else at the time
    Real Babies: None yet.
    Fur Babies: I have four cats (two are family cats, the other two are mine), three dogs, an umbrella cockatoo, and a double yellow headed amazon (Cockatoo is mom's, amazon is mine)
    Loves: Writing, drawing, world developing, reading, animals, renaissance festivals
    Hates: Pain, needles (medical), idiots
    Pet Peeves: Poor grammar, poor spelling
    Hobbies/Activities: Writing, drawing... Look up at 'loves' XD
    Favorite Thing About Your SO: His intelligence
    Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: His social awkwardness
    Describe Your Personality: Generous to a fault, selfless... to a fault, loyal, creative, somewhat grumpy without my chocolate
    Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): 5/6?
    I've Been On TK Since: Only a month or two?
    How You Came to Be On TK: Was browsing around for wedding ideas and came across TK
    How I like my potatoes: POTATOES! <3
    Favorite book/author: Christine Feehan is my current favorite <3
    Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I finished a 50K word novel in November 2013.
  • Screen Name: purplepride

What You Do: Just graduated from law school, starting work in September

What SO Does: Engineer

State of Relationship: Dating (but starting to plan our wedding!)

How Long You've Been Together: 2 years 

How You Met: Online dating

Wedding Date (if you're engaged/married): Not officially set yet, but most likely next August!

Fur Babies: 2 cats

Loves: Mystery novels, cooking and baking, naps

Hates: Vegetables

Pet Peeves: Bad grammar/spelling

Hobbies/Activities: Running, reading, surfing the web, baking and cooking

Favorite Thing About Your SO: He treats me like gold! Has since the day we met. I've never met a sweeter man in my entire life.

Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: He's only had one long-term relationship before me, and sometimes his lack of experience can definitely be an issue. He and his ex never argued (which, I would suggest was one of their problems), so he doesn't think that SOs should ever argue. I just don't believe that that's true, I think healthy, respectful arguments are really important to a relationship.

Describe Your Personality: Pretty outgoing, huge animal person, usually have a small group of close friends that I do everything with. Pretty ambitious and career-oriented. 

Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): 3 (I try, but don't often succeed)

I've Been On TK Since: A few weeks ago

How You Came to Be On TK: My boyfriend and I started talking marriage! We went ring shopping, picked a tentative date, agreed on a first choice for venue and officiant, and started saving money for a wedding and a house. Really I'm just waiting for him to pop the question so that we can really kick the planning into high gear!

How I like my potatoes: Extra crispy hash browns

Favorite book/author: Don't really have one favorite book, but my favorite author is Jodi Piccoult

Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: Right now I'm working my way through Amazon's 100 Books to Read in a Lifetime list

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Screen Name: lbailey886

What You Do: Pre-register patients over the phone in a hospital

What SO Does: Zone Manager for a big box store (possible promotion to store assist manager later this month!)

State of Relationship: Living together

How Long You've Been Together: 1 year and 3 months

How You Met: Worked together for a short time. I moved away and came back a few years later, we re-met on a dating app that I had no idea was actually a dating app

Wedding Date (if you're engaged/married): none yet

Real Babies: none for now

Fur Babies: 2 new kittens, Catsby and Spooky

Loves: The beach, historical sights (this is a new interest), relaxing, any time that I get to see family and friends

Hates: people who think they're entitled

Pet Peeves: I have terrible road rage, so anything that pertains to slow drivers and people pulling out in front of me. Yes, I'm one of those people. I'm working on it.

Hobbies/Activities: trying new things with SO, he's trying to get me to go camping... That hasn't worked out yet

Favorite Thing About Your SO: he's everything I never wanted, and I love it.

Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: His motorcycle hobby tends to worry me a little.

Describe Your Personality: Laid back, go with the flow. Not big on confrontation at all

Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): 2

I've Been On TK Since: 2011 apparently, but I had completely forgotten about it until I signed up and realized I already had.

How You Came to Be On TK: I was helping my cousin plan her wedding a few years ago

How I like my potatoes: any way except potato salad... Yuck!

Favorite book/author: I just finished The Help and it was awesome. Also, To Kill A Mockingbird

Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: I'm a sweet tea addict
  • Screen Name: I just changed it… I think it’s MH?? 

Significant Other's Age: (almost) 24… I guess that makes me a cougar?!  ;)

What You Do: I just finished my TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages) certificate, and I’m a little over a week away from being done with my BA in linguistics (with a minor in Norwegian language).  I have a weekend administrative assistant job waiting for me, starting at the end of this month (August), and I’m applying for positions in the public school district in my area, as a paraeducator and substitute teacher.  Eventually I’ll be applying for English teaching positions in other parts of the world.

What SO Does: He took the TESOL certificate program with me!  Before that, he was working as a Case Manager/Behavior Health Counselor for an organization supporting refugee women and their families.  Yep, I’m proud of him.  He’s also applying for various English teaching positions – both in our area and overseas.

State of Relationship: We’re dating and have been discussing marriage for about a year and a half.  He has already bought my engagement ring.  (I think he might be waiting for me to finish school ;) )

How Long You've Been Together: getting close to 2.5 years

How You Met: We were both writing tutors at our community college.

Wedding Date (if you're engaged/married): N/A, but approximately 7 months from the time he proposes…

Real Babies: None.

Fur Babies: None.

Loves: So many things.  Firstly: Jesus, my family and boyfriend.  Secondly: people, community, traveling, cultures, writing, water, little flowers, fruit, Norway, LANGUAGE, Pilates, Nugatti (a way better version of Nutella) writing, lakes, sushi, cats, good ranch dressing, greek olives, springtime, summer rain, laughter and smiles, trees and leaves, rivers and rain, sunshine and snowflakes, pudding and popsicles, music and movies, and skipping and dancing (lyrical, “freestyle,” Zumba, Bachata, Salsa, East Coast Swing), photography, etc…

Hates: onions, SUPER spicy food (I think I’m allergic, seriously.  My lips get red and then they sting for hours, my nose starts running, my eyebrows start sweating… it’s bad), the dog at the house where I’m staying, dogs in general (I’m short, so they always jump on me and sniff my crotch and sneeze on me), the movie “Open Water,” the movie “The Life of Pi,” horses, hiking, when people demand me to be something I’m not, sleep paralysis, when people rush me, when people are demanding and judgmental in general…

Pet Peeves: Umm, yeah, see “Hates” in the above question.  But also the obvious ones like wet socks, paper cuts, blah blah blah…

Hobbies/Activities: taking/editing pictures, writing, cooking, dancing (ballroom and latin styles, mostly), and I want to re-pick up crocheting as soon as I finish school.

Favorite Thing About Your SO: I have a tendency to worry, let my mind jump way ahead, and imagine the worst possible scenarios.  He calms me down, keeps me sane, puts things in perspective, and encourages me… he ALWAYS knows exactly what to say.  Sometimes he doesn’t even need to say anything.  A simple hug from him can ease my crazy mind and put everything in its proper perspective again.  He’s like magic.  Calming, soothing magic.

Least Favorite Thing About Your SO: He likes to play things by ear even more than I do, so sometimes it can be really difficult to make plans with him ahead of time.

Describe Your Personality: I’m an extroverted introvert.  I need my downtime SO BAD.  But I’m friendly and outgoing and eventually need to be around people. 

Snark Level (1 [low snark] - 10 [high snark]): With new people, like a 2 or 3.  With people I know really well, like a 5 or 6.

I've Been On TK Since: Off and on for months

How You Came to Be On TK: I don’t even know!  Maybe through Pinterest?

How I like my potatoes: fried and with ranch or baked and with butter

Favorite book/author: whosever books I actually finish.  I am more of a talker, listener, and writer than a reader.  I get so distracted when I read.  So I have about a billion half-read books and another two billion books on my “books to read” list.  That’s only a slight exaggeration.  Maybe J.D. Salinger, C.S. Lewis, and Francine Rivers?

Tell Us Something Interesting About Yourself: 1. I traveled and lived elsewhere for three years after high school.  I spent most of the time in Norway and Ethiopia, but also spent time in Thailand, Sweden, Switzerland, Scotland, England, Latvia, and some other places…  2. I suffer from a phenomenon known as sleep paralysis.  Contrary to what some people say, it's not aliens, ghosts, or anything supernatural.  Rather, I believe it is a neurological condition that science can explain.