Not Engaged Yet

Tuesday Chatter

I'm back from vacation! How is everyone? I have about 50 bajillion emails in my inbox that I'm trying to catch up on. Why can't work just go completely on hold and wait until you've sufficiently recovered before it starts to gradually trickle in anyway? FI and I had an awesome week in Indiana with his family. We had a surprise shower hosted by some of his parents close friends and got some lovely gifts! I was overwhelmed by everyone's generosity! We also found outfits for our FG (FI's niece), our RB (FI's nephew) and his mom for the wedding and rehearsal dinner. I'll have to find photos online so I can AW them. We got the FG dress from Sears (who would've thunk it? They have this adorable American Princess collection that the FG LOVED) and the RB outfit from Burlington and his mom's dresses (for the RD and wedding) from JC Penny. Penny's seems to have upped their game! I was really impressed with all of the formal occasion dresses they had! Yesterday FI and I opened our first joint bank account and applied for a travel rewards card for our HM. Yay for adulting! He's adding me to his bank account and cc later this week so we can work on actually keeping to the budget plan we created a few months ago. I can't add him as an authorized user until we're married because of USAA's membership eligibility requirements. Yay for adulting!

Re: Tuesday Chatter

• labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    Also, wtf TK I HAD paragraphs when I wrote this! Ugghhhhh......

• Yay for adulting! I'm glad you're back, I've missed you!

I can't wait to see pictures of the FG and RB outfits!

We won our softball game yesterday! yay! We are actually in 2nd place for our league, I'm super excited about that because I thought we sucked lol.

Tonight H has to work so I'll go to CrossFit and come home to catch up on bachelorette that I missed last night and cook dinner with maddux.

I was so impressed with maddux yesterday at our game. He sat patiently while we played our game. No peeps or anything from him. He is turning into such a little gentlemen so I decided to buy him a bow tie collar lol.
  • labrolabro member

@severmilli12 Yay! That's so exciting you're getting RSVP's back!

@southernpeach89 I'm glad Maddux is so mellow! Sometimes labs are so hyper (cough cough Cinders) and it's so difficult to manage...especially when they're going to weigh 80 plus pounds! Cinders wants another playdate with her cuz soon!

• @Southernpeach89 - How did Maddux do at the fireworks?

@lapeanut1018- Jealous of your vacation! Sounds fun.

@Severmilli12 - I loved the feeling of getting RSVPs back.  I color coded a spreadsheet with everyone's information on it and highlighted the "yes" replies green.  I'm a dork.  :)

I'm boring today...just working, working out and then headed home.  H and I need a vacation I think.  I think we are going to take a weekend away this weekend...maybe Madison, WI or someplace close? 

• @minskat30 I have a similar spreadsheet and I was SO EXCITED to use it last night!
    Anniversary

• @lapeanut1018 glad you enjoyed your vacation. @severmilli12 yay for getting RSVPs. I am at work, trying to pass the time. BF has given the OK to plan a trip to Disney/Universal for next March so I am surfing around trying to plan as much as I can before the rates come out for 2015. I am in contact with AAA already and she said mid July the rates are coming out but I am getting tired of waiting! LOL. I'm slightly obsessed with Disney..
    friends tv show funy
  • At work, parsing data. Doesn't make sense yet. I don't think what my supervisor thinks happened is what actually happened. Of course, I need to have a new N2 tank to prove that. Write write write today. 2.5 chapters into a dissertation. Only what 4.5 more to go?
  • @LaPeanut1018 - After you get married, are you planning on changing your last name?  FI and I keep going back and forth about opening a joint bank account now or later because the whole name change thing (I plan on changing my last name).  So glad you found all the outfits!  I can't wait to see them!!

@TwoDimes - sending you & your FI good job news vibes!!

@Caseface5 - http://wdwprepschool.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/crowdchart2015.png  There's the estimated crowd chart for the 2015 year.  I may have given it to you before, so sorry if it's old news.

So in other news - boring and busy here at work.  FI and I are both super stressed and decided we should take an extended weekend trip before the wedding.  I think I've decided where I want to go, just need to see if FI agrees.  The criteria was (a) somewhere we can drive to (b) somewhere not TOO expensive (c) somewhere we haven't been to.  The places I've been looking at have been:  Toronto, Mammoth Caves (KY), Philadelphia, Hershey PA.  I'm leaning towards Philadelphia right now.  It might not even happen, but we'll see.

Anniversary
  • @Dignity100 Mammoth Caves and Hershey are both great places!
    Anniversary

• Yay for adulting! I'm glad you're back, I've missed you!

I can't wait to see pictures of the FG and RB outfits!

We won our softball game yesterday! yay! We are actually in 2nd place for our league, I'm super excited about that because I thought we sucked lol.

Tonight H has to work so I'll go to CrossFit and come home to catch up on bachelorette that I missed last night and cook dinner with maddux.

I was so impressed with maddux yesterday at our game. He sat patiently while we played our game. No peeps or anything from him. He is turning into such a little gentlemen so I decided to buy him a bow tie collar lol.
    Ummm I'm gonna need to see a pic of him in his bow tie collar ASAP. That sounds like the cutest thing ever.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @Dignity100 The link doesn't work :(. It says it's no longer there. I have been checking a few different crowd calendars. THIS ONE says the week we are planning is bad, but THIS ONE says its not too bad. I've gone around March for the past few years and it hasn't been bad at all. I'm thinking either the last week of Feb, into the beginning of March, or the middle to end of March. It is all going to depend on when BF can get time off work. He won't know until the middle of Jan/Beginning of Feb is he can get time off, but those months are slow for them so we should be okay. I am going to get the insurance just in case though. 
    friends tv show funy
  • @minskat30 He actually did fine! He would perk up whenever one went off but he wasn't scared at all. He only barked once and that was at the first one since it surprised him a bit but the rest he was just looking around wondering where they were coming from lol.

@weewittlewizabeth I will definitely share some pictures of him with his new collar. It's actually going to be Maddux's gift to H for his bday at the beginning of August so I just ordered it this morning. It's a patriotic themed collar so it will be super cute on him!
  • @LaPeanut1018 So glad you had a great trip with FI's family and that you were able to accomplish so much WR stuff! The next 3 months are going to fly by! Also, yay for adulting. I second @Dignity100's question--are you changing or keeping your last name? I'm also trying to figure out when to combine finances with FI...

@Dignity100 EEK SO EXCITING!!!!! Also, when are you guys thinking about going on the mini vacation? It may be really hot and gross in the larger cities if you go in the next month or so.

@severmilli12 Awww I'm so excited for you guys! Also, when did your counter go down to one month?! I mean, I know the counter says one month and four weeks, but AHHH IT'S SO CLOSE! YAY!

@caseface5 I'm infinitely jealous. FI and I have been talking about Disney and Universal for yeeeeears but always talk ourselves out of it due to the cost. You guys are going to have the time of your lives! 

FI and I are pretty boring this week. Just the normal routine of work, work out, dinner, bed. We have to mix in packing at some point though since we move in about 2 and a half weeks. I may or may not already be making plans for the weekend as well... :) My mom wants to go to a bridal show this weekend, so that should be fun. Or overwhelming. Whichever. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • labrolabro member
    @Dignity100 I was vascillating on not changing or hypenating my name but me having FI's name was a super big deal to him (we spent some time talking about it) so I'm going to change my last name to his. We still needed a place we could cash wedding checks so I figured why not one more bank account. It won't be a huge deal to go back and alter it to reflect my name.

• ShallowSeasShallowSeas member
    edited July 2014
    @weewittlewizabeth ah I know!!! I saw my ticker and did a little happy dance.  The countdown on my phone says 60 days as of today :D I still can't believe it. I feel like I just got engaged last month or something.
    Anniversary

• @TwoDimes - Yup, I'm in Ohio (in the Cleveland area).  I know a lot of people LOVE Cedar Point, if you love roller coasters, you'll love it there. If you ever go, they sell an upgraded ticket that basically gets you to the front of the line, since you'd be driving so far, I'd highly recommend that.  You could always do a weekend getaway, include Cedar Point and go to somewhere like Put-in-Bay or Kelly's Island (or one of the other islands) to make it more worth your while.  FI cannot do roller coasters, he gets motion sickness - which is why Hershey is a little up in the air.

@caseface5 - the crowd calendar you posted is similar to the ones I'm seeing.  They pretty much make all of march  'high crowds' because of different schools and spring break.

@Weewittlewizabeth - we'd probably be looking at late Aug/Sept for our weekend getaway.  The weather is too hot/gross right now for me.

@LaPeanut1018 - I think I'm just being a cheapass because I don't want to go and get my name changed on it in 3-4 months.

Anniversary
  • @LaPeanut1018, LOVE your FG dress.  Glad you had a good vacation!

@minskat30, you could vacation to...idk, Chicago, IL?  Miss your face.

Not much is new with me.  I went back on the Metformin last night, and as predicted, I was up sick with it all night.  I really wish there was some way to treat the IR without it.  I really don't want to be sick daily for the next...who knows how long.  :(
  • labrolabro member

@LaPeanut1018 - I think I'm just being a cheapass because I don't want to go and get my name changed on it in 3-4 months.

How so? I don't get it. I believe the process is to just bring an ID and/or your marriage certificate to reflect the name change, it shouldn't cost more than 5 minutes of your time. Either way...we wanted a unique account for the HM in case it gets hacked while we are in Europe. That way we only have a small portion of our money wiped out rather than everything we have in our primary accounts. It was a precautionary thing mostly.

• @dignity100 Changing your name on a bank account is easy peasy (compared to all the other zillions of places to change your name - changing your names on stocks is the absolute worst by far in my experience) so I wouldn't necessarily hold off on joint bank accounts just because of the name change.  H and I HAVE, however, held off on getting checks for our joint checking account (which we established after the wedding) until we have a house - $10 is $10!

Facebook crazies...a friend from grad school posted about how she's so thankful for birth control (it made sense in the post and wasn't just random!) and her mom/aunt/random female relative asked for grandbabies - UGGGGGGGH get out of our uteri!  The funny part is every single person on both my side and H's side knows we would just slap them if they asked.  Violent much?  Yes.

I really want to make this cool thing where you have a map and put pictures of you visiting all the states but I have sooooo much on my credit card currently (and don't get paid till next week) and just can't go to the store to buy a map even if it's just $5.  Ugh.  But really guys, I have my hospital copay, our loan origination fee, our tv repair bill, and then regular groceries and stuff.  This stuff adds up.  My whole paycheck is obviously paying this shiz off, and luckily I start back at work on Saturday (I suppose I should call/stop by for my hours one of these days)
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • BreMRBreMR member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited July 2014
    @LaPeanut1018 Welcome back!! It sounds like your time away was quite productive! I also love the FG dress. My daughter seems to think she is going to get a purple sequin ball gown for her FG dress.. she's going to be so bummed. @severmilli12 I can't believe your wedding is SO CLOSE! I feel like I've been following your wedding pretty closely since coming around here and I'm SO EXCITED to see/hear all about it and how it comes together. My Tuesday is so far so good. Yesterday I had fieldwork for school and spent my day in a theater class with elementary students, it was quite entertaining! I then went to dinner with my future grandma in law and we got stuck in a HUGE downpour. It was fun though :) My daughter begged to have a sleepover with her grandma but then I got a phone call at 11:30 with her crying to come home. This is the first time in 6 years she's ever done this, but she recently has become TERRIFIED of the dark. Two nightlights in her room don't stop her from crying herself to sleep.. It's so bizarre. Today, my mom wants to go shopping for a heart rate monitor, and I then I have class tonight. Nothing much else on the agenda for the week. WHY DOES TK HATE ME?!
  • labrolabro member
    @BreMR Thank you! I actually really wanted to find a blush or peachy-pink colored FG dress in a similar style but the only ones we were loving were in white so that's what we went with. I'm sure if we had made it to an actual bridal salon for her dress we would've found more color options but I didn't want to spend $100+ on a dress she'll wear once and grow out of in a year or less.

• @LaPeanut1018 - I think I'm just being a cheapass because I don't want to go and get my name changed on it in 3-4 months.

How so? I don't get it. I believe the process is to just bring an ID and/or your marriage certificate to reflect the name change, it shouldn't cost more than 5 minutes of your time. Either way...we wanted a unique account for the HM in case it gets hacked while we are in Europe. That way we only have a small portion of our money wiped out rather than everything we have in our primary accounts. It was a precautionary thing mostly.

SITB:
    I don't want to order checks twice.  I HATE ordering checks - I don't know why!!  I just feel that they're a waste of money.  I'm not even sure if we'd need checks (just our routing and account number) though.  Maybe it's more of a laziness issue with that.

Anniversary
  • lmcooper86lmcooper86 member
    First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its First Anniversary
    edited July 2014

Morning ladies!

@southernpeach89 - That bowtie sounds ridiculously cute, I hope your H likes it! I also missed Bachelorette last night, so I am looking forward to an evening on the couch tonight!

@severmilli12 - Yay for RSVPs and dropping to 1 month (even if it's 1 month and 4 weeks). Is it totally lame that I put 6, 3, and 1 month to the wedding into my calendar? I forgot all about it until I read your post and now I'm excited for the reminders to eventually pop up on my phone lol

@Dignity100 - I would say visit Toronto but I'm totally biased :) It's super stick here in the summer though.

@caseface5 - FILs are talking about a Disney vacation in the fall and I'm already super excited. I've been spending way too much time on the Disney website as a result.

@weewittlewizabeth - Yes, Disney isn't the cheapest vacation, but my sister and her BF managed to do it on the cheap while he was still in school. If you stay at one of the cheaper resorts and find inexpensive flights it's not as bad. Plus it's pretty much all inclusive with a meal plan, and you don't need to rent a car if you stay at one of the resorts.

@LaPeanut1018 - Love your FMIL's dresses, the first one is really nice! I'm in the same boat about the name change...I was really on the fence, but FI and I have talked about it a lot and it's really important to him so I'm changing. Hyphenating would sound ridiculous, so I'm going from a nice easy name to a longer more complicated last name!

-----------------------

Nothing exciting on my end today. I have a ton of email to deal with, plus some problem files to address...joy. Tonight is just making dinner and watching Master Chef and Bachelorette from last night. I have no idea what to make for dinner though, so I might ignore work for a bit and look for recipes online.

Edited because I forgot how to grammar.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• @lmcooper86 thanks! and thats not lame at all to have that in your calender.  I have a big desk calender on my desk at work and as soon as we decided on a date, I went through the entire calender up until the wedding and marked in each date box the number of days until 9/6 haha. So I have a countdown on my desk calender. No shame :)
    Anniversary

• labrolabro member
    @Dignity100 I gotcha. My bank gives me free checks so I guess I've never worried about that. You shouldn't need checks for this one...just keep your primary accounts open until you're ready to close them (if that's your plan). We're going to keep both our accounts open and just add each other to them. FI's account will be our primary expenditure account and we're using my account to pay off our student loan debt and for savings since my bank gives me slightly better interest rates.

• @Imcooper86 - Are they planning for a Disney Wedding THIS fall or next? You could always crash my wedding if it's this fall ;o)

Anniversary
  • @LaPeanut1018 - We're planning on keeping all current banking accounts open - just so he can have his fun money and I can have mine.  We MAY end up closing our personal savings accounts and just have 1 of those.  So many decisions - thankfully we don't need to decide everything all at once!!

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards