Wedding Etiquette Forum

FFF

Re: FFF

• J&K10910J&K10910 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited August 2012
    In Response to Re:FFF:[QUOTE]J, I can't really remember a time when you've liked much of what I have said, so that is not surprising. :nbsp; Posted by Snippylynn[/QUOTE]

Well, this is true, but I've definitely tried to act civil to you and I honestly haven't taken much issue with many things you've said for quite some time, even if I hold a general grudge.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-99?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:2430a78d-fe38-4d6b-8928-a3e5c498a161Post:7809d0be-afb4-473a-bd51-9bbcfe319375">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF : Seriously. I love how she describes her friend "clingy, jealous, big hips..." Holy eff. If I knew a 'friend' was talking about me that way, that would be the end of it.
    Posted by cfaszews25[/QUOTE]

Let alone on a public website.  I wish I could find her friend and point her there.  Although, she may get found if her friend finds her way to TK.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I agree habs. I have no idea how you post online without bringing at least some IRL baggage to the table.
  • I did an eye roll at "she gets one shelf in the fridge, (he only eats chicken." WTF how much chicken can he possibly consume if there is only one shelf of her stuff and THE WHOLE REST OF THE FRIDGE is chicken?
  • Yeah, being away from FI/H sucks. Mine is 4300 miles away from me right now. I havent seen him in person since 19th June. Wont be seeing him in person until october. :(
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I love this line from her description: "Overall, she is very clingy and jelous as she's only 25." Who knew, I guess I should start being clingy and jealous!!! I am 25 for a little more than a month still. Better get it in while I can.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-99?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:2430a78d-fe38-4d6b-8928-a3e5c498a161Post:085f618c-702c-46ae-96d6-3d9d4a8c9032">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]Rach -- When H and I were first dating, we tooks his car everywhere because he hated mine. It was a POS. I'm glad he didn't judge me based on that car.
    Posted by cfaszews25[/QUOTE]

He probably made a pro/con list, but you farted in front of him so he decided to keep you.
  • angelstar975angelstar975 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited August 2012
    I didn't know that not loving going to the BR with FI in there made me not comfortable in my relationship. There are some things I feel are just best kept private. I don't judge other people who do it, but I'm certainly never going to take a shiiiiit while FI is brushing his teeth. Actually, I take that back, I would judge that. Going number 2 should definitely be private. I could look the other way about peeing, but still not my thing.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-99?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:2430a78d-fe38-4d6b-8928-a3e5c498a161Post:fe641dda-11c1-4af9-9885-616a1ecdac0c">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]I did an eye roll at "she gets one shelf in the fridge, (he only eats chicken." WTF how much chicken can he possibly consume if there is only one shelf of her stuff and THE WHOLE REST OF THE FRIDGE is chicken?
    Posted by ahhhitsshannyn[/QUOTE]

Ha, yeah, that one got me too. As did her spelling of the word "jealous".
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-99?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:2430a78d-fe38-4d6b-8928-a3e5c498a161Post:ec220776-70c6-4ab8-bb23-44427e204323">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF : Yep, exactly! That OP sounds like a giant twatlord. ETA: Shan, I was wondering that too! The mental image of that is disturbing.
    Posted by rachers1017[/QUOTE]

And I don't know how you keep that level of judgy pantsness from spilling out in front of the person you are judging.  OP must have an incredible poker face or her friend is completely oblivious. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Wait, people go to the bathroom at the same time their SO is in there?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-99?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:2430a78d-fe38-4d6b-8928-a3e5c498a161Post:cf9a0dba-b5dd-4697-8cc4-609f4ae8883f">Re:FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:FFF: Well, this is true, but I've definitely tried to act civil to you and I honestly haven't taken much issue with many things you've said for quite some time, even if I hold a general grudge.
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]
    I know, it was more of a 'consider the source' thing for me. You saying I'm being an asshole isn't as shocking as, say, Bay. If she said I was being an unreasonable jerk, I'd pay more attention. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-99?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:2430a78d-fe38-4d6b-8928-a3e5c498a161Post:8d8d1e7e-c994-465b-a321-6c02221c3028">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF : And I don't know how you keep that level of judgy pantsness from spilling out in front of the person you are judging.  OP must have an incredible poker face or her friend is completely oblivious. 
    Posted by calixtine[/QUOTE]

<div>Well, being that her friend is so busy being clingy and dealing with her big hips, she's probably just not noticing what a dickweed OP is. </div>
  • I will never be comfortable going to the bathroom in front of somebody.  I don't think that makes you insecure, and I don't get how you're expected to go your whole life treating things like that like they're private (they should be!) and then be expected to be suddenly okay with them not being private.

Reminds me of SATC (again) where Miranda's BF keeps going to the bathroom with the door open.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• FI and I are comfortable around each other, but there are some things that just need to remain private.  
    knotsigpicture Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-99?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:2430a78d-fe38-4d6b-8928-a3e5c498a161Post:4c168978-9255-4b81-a2dc-9eed4b34cfcc">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]I will never be comfortable going to the bathroom in front of somebody.  I don't think that makes you insecure, and I don't get how you're expected to go your whole life treating things like that like they're private (they should be!) and then be expected to be suddenly okay with them not being private. <strong>Reminds me of SATC (again) where Miranda's BF keeps going to the bathroom with the door open.
    </strong>Posted by baystateapple[/QUOTE]

I'm guilty of this but only for Number 1.  Number 2 is a whole different story.  I also contend that passing gas should be a private moment but H disagrees on that one.  So I guess he's more secure in our relationship than I am.
  • Yeah, I'm just going to stay out of the distance from your H thing or how long it's been since you've seen them.  

However I will say it makes me sad to see so many of you being so affected by your H's being gone.  I definitely understand being sad by it, but I hope it really isn't affecting your guys' mood that much during the week and making you so sad and angry during the week.  It's only going to make it harder on you guys dealing with it.  
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • I think Abbalish's flame of Jess pretty weak (the part about disappearing and suddenly coming back) when she seems to post sporadically at best herself. 

Other than that, I don't have anything that hasn't already been said. 

• H still insists that girls don't fart or poop, so he definitely is never in the bathroom for that.  He runs out when I start to pee and he's in there.  But he has no problem peeing in front of me.  Double standards, he has 'em.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-99?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:2430a78d-fe38-4d6b-8928-a3e5c498a161Post:8dee5380-bb9a-47a4-af4e-54ee008c70c4">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yeah, I'm just going to stay out of the distance from your H thing or how long it's been since you've seen them.   However I will say it makes me sad to see so many of you being so affected by your H's being gone.  I definitely understand being sad by it, but I hope it really isn't affecting your guys' mood that much during the week and making you so sad and angry during the week.  It's only going to make it harder on you guys dealing with it.  
    Posted by Beachy730[/QUOTE]

I wasn't trying to make myself sound like a victim or omg terrible life so I hope you didn't take it that way. It was why I referenced you because I know how long you have to go and deal with it and it just is something I don't know that I could handle so I respect you for it. As I've already said, I owned up to my reactions and never claimed that it was a good reason to be irritated but it is what it is. I'm usually not super upset all week during the school year but right now its just not a good time.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-99?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:2430a78d-fe38-4d6b-8928-a3e5c498a161Post:8dee5380-bb9a-47a4-af4e-54ee008c70c4">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yeah,<strong> I'm just going to stay out of the distance from your H thing</strong> or how long it's been since you've seen them.   However <strong>I will say it makes me sad to see so many of you being so affected by your H's being gone.  I definitely understand being sad by it, but I hope it really isn't affecting your guys' mood that much during the week and making you so sad and angry during the week.  It's only going to make it harder on you guys dealing with it.  </strong>
    Posted by Beachy730[/QUOTE]

<div>But I thought you were going to stay out of it? </div>
  • H and I do not use the toilet in front of the other.  It's not a super-fun biological function for the person doing it--what's the point in sharing?  Plus our bathroom actually has the toilet and shower closed off from the sink, so that helps with the logistics if we're getting ready at the same time.

We do frequently shower together, and worrying about passing gas went by the wayside very early on--maybe we're just immature when it comes to flatulence.

I can understand being worried about a friend's relationship decisions, but wow, that post was judgy.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-99?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:2430a78d-fe38-4d6b-8928-a3e5c498a161Post:b85933ce-ab7f-4293-9ace-9d32d74eb6d7">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm also gonna go ahead and flame ashlifive in the thread under this one for getting all pissy that we won't give her advice on how to invite her coworkers to just the ceremony.  When posters start referring to the "etiquette police" it makes me stabby.  Noshitsherlock, you're on the Etiquette Board.  What did you think we would base our advice off of.
    Posted by StageManager14[/QUOTE]

On a similar note, it irritates me when they accuse everyone here as being uptight and out of touch with new fads.   It's not like E is full of old ladies who can't get with the times.  On the contrary, I think almost everyone has admitted to one aspect or another of her wedding that supposedly broke the rules of etiquette.   It's just that, well, it's the E board.  If you ask a question and we are hanging out here, we are going to answer it correctly.  

I for one stay out of the partial cash bars because I had one.  I didn't want one, but my mom did and she helped pay so we did it.  Whatever.  
  • cheeseandricecheeseandrice member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited August 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-99?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:2430a78d-fe38-4d6b-8928-a3e5c498a161Post:6db4db97-2b7e-4039-9eff-e1df17d9c624">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]I thought the bagillion pages of the CC/Ediebannitization thread that revolved around whether people's dogs were cute and whether ZOMG THEY INSULTED LUCY'S DOG was ridiculous. Talk about semantics. Also, I flame whoever pointed out that Lucy has underwear in her sig pic because now that's all I see.
    Posted by rachers1017[/QUOTE]

I'm being annoying and responding before I read the whole thing. But you're welcome. IT'S ALL I SEE and I don't know how anyone can take her seriously. SHE HAS WHITEY-TIGHTIES IN HER SIGNATURE.

And of course the rest was insanely annoying semantics. I was bored. I was kidding.... Lucy was not. it was hilarious.  She's just pissed because she's the queen of the reject board now ;)

ETA: ohwait. I'm not allowed to bring up old jokes about CC, right, Edie?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-99?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:2430a78d-fe38-4d6b-8928-a3e5c498a161Post:b85933ce-ab7f-4293-9ace-9d32d74eb6d7">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm also gonna go ahead and flame ashlifive in the thread under this one for <strong>getting all pissy that we won't give her advice on how to invite her coworkers to just the ceremony.</strong>  When posters start referring to the "etiquette police" it makes me stabby.  Noshitsherlock, you're on the Etiquette Board.  What did you think we would base our advice off of.
    Posted by StageManager14[/QUOTE]

Apparently she didn't want advice on whether or not to do it, just wanted to know how to do it regardless of whether it was right or wrong.  Sigh.

So guys?  I'm going to go catch a mountain lion and bring it to my house to live.  No, no don't try to convince me this is a bad idea.  But if you could give me some tips on how to housebreak it, that would be great!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-99?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:2430a78d-fe38-4d6b-8928-a3e5c498a161Post:09d16ea0-e633-495a-9caa-8b38ccd932b9">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]H and I do not use the toilet in front of the other.  It's not a super-fun biological function for the person doing it--what's the point in sharing?  Plus our bathroom actually has the toilet and shower closed off from the sink, so that helps with the logistics if we're getting ready at the same time. <strong>We do frequently shower together, and worrying about passing gas went by the wayside very early on</strong>--maybe we're just immature when it comes to flatulence. I can understand being worried about a friend's relationship decisions, but wow, that post was judgy.
    Posted by Carrie81677[/QUOTE]

::side eye::

I hope you don't fart while your in there together.
  • J, you're completely right about OOT. Sometimes I have a hard time believing she's actually a person, because her posts are so completely incoherant and random.

also. I like Annie. I think she was on the CC thread too.
  • I'm really late to the flame party.  But I flame both the girls (diabride and fridaysdance, I think). Who asked for advice, got advice they didn't like, and then immediately went and made a thread on another board talking about how mean  E is. Two of them. Right in a row. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_fff-99?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:2430a78d-fe38-4d6b-8928-a3e5c498a161Post:0d5838f2-e38f-4151-9889-05bebada2b49">Re: FFF</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FFF : But I thought you were going to stay out of it? 
    Posted by willywally5[/QUOTE]

<div>I meant about talking about me going through it or how long its been.  </div>
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards