Not Engaged Yet

Moody Monday or Merry Monday?

I'm going with MERRY! 

My weekend was lovely :) I took off work on Friday so I could sleep in and get some housework done. That night, I hung out with Beyonce, Jay-Z, @buddysmom80, and a few other friends. The show was incredible, I danced my ass off! We went tailgated before and went to the bar after. We didn't go to bed until 3am! I felt like such a wild child. 

Saturday, @buddysmom80 had to head home early and H was sick for more than half the day so I watched a few episodes of House of Cards and then joined in on the HP marathon on ABC Family. 

Yesterday, I went to urgent care to get my ankle checked out. I rolled in about 2 months ago and it's still hurts pretty badly so I figured enough is enough. The x-rays showed no fracture (thank god!) but I have to schedule and appointment with an orthopedist to rule out a tear. I have a sexy aircast to wear for the time being. H and I also went and saw Dawn of the Apes in the afternoon which was pretty good and then we continued the HP marathon. I watched BB and then had the hardest time falling asleep because H had a late hockey game so he wasn't home :( 

So, like I said, a great weekend and I'm trying to continue that sentiment through the start of the week even though Mondays suck! 

Re: Moody Monday or Merry Monday?

• I'm going with Moody Monday - I want more sleep!!

Friday night - Had a therapist appointment and made FI and I dinner.  Didn't do anything all that spectacular.  I left work early - went over to the mall and got a few items (hair clip, Indians t-shirt, and just walked around).
    Saturday - FI had to get his car's oil changed.  After that we went to an Indians game with my brother.  It was just too hot for it.  We got there super early because they had a jersey give away.  FI and I wanted to go back to the car and to a nice A/C bar for the 1 1/2 hrs before the game but my SIL didn't want to walk it (she had foot surgery a while ago).
    Sunday - Just chilled.  I was in a bad mood because I'm a bit irritated with work.  I'm a team of one, all the other teams have 3+ people on them and they can't lend me somebody to help out and I'm just stressed and frustrated.  I might look for a different job internally just because this is not my company's way of doing things.  I like what I do, but I just need help.

Anniversary
  • @swazzle -That sounds like a great weekend! I watched HP marathon too lol.

I think I'll go with half merry/Moody because I slept in this morning and now I'm tired but I did have a fantastic weekend.

Friday I went to CrossFit and came home to hang out with the puppy while H was at work.

Saturday I went to this Food Truck Festival with some friends and they had the best food ever! I had King Of Pops for the first time and it was soooooo yummy! After that I came home because H had to work that night so Puppy and I napped.

Sunday my little sister from my sorority came to visit me at the house and meet Maddux. We went to lunch and I came home and deep cleaned everything....while watching HP. 
  • Happy Monday!!!!!!

@swazzle I miss you!!! I hope your ankle checks out okay too!

@dignity100 I hear you about the work frustrations, hang in there!

Friday, I left work early and headed to @swazzle's house, we went to go see Beyonce and Jay-Z with some of swazzle's friends (who are awesome). The concert was awesome, probably one of the best I've been to (like top three). Like Swazzle said, we went to bed late, I only got 5 hours of sleep, but I slept so good because I didn't have a dog waking me up and a FI who likes to sleep in sub-arctic temps. No dog + perfect temp room = happy me!!!!

Saturday morning, I drove back home, went to a wax appointment and headed home. Meanwhile, FI picked up KITTENS!!!! Anyway, I got home thinking I had a few hours to sleep before his friends came over for dinner. But, no sooner did I unpack that they pulled up. We still had fun though. FI made the best ribs in the smoker, potato salad and mac & cheese. We all hung out, drank and swam in the pool. After they left, FI and I played with the kittens for at least an hour, then went to bed.

Yesterday we didn't do much. We had our menu tasting in the middle of the day. The food is DELICIOUS and we have our menu nailed down. Now I have to shop around for invitations today and order them at some point this week. I'm not in any rush since we'll order ones we have to print out ourselves and there's a Kinko's within walking distance of us.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • @Dignity100 - I'm sorry work is being annoying. I hope you get some relief soon!

@southernpeach89 - When we went to the movies yesterday, I set up the DVR to take HBP, DH1, DH2 and H was like "Seriously? We own them all on DVD but you're DVRing them so you can fast-forward through commercials?" I admit, that it makes no sense but I appreciated it when I got into bed last night and was able to start DH1!

• Meh Monday for me.

@southernpeach89 my Saturday morning walk took me past the food truck festival setup and I really wished I could go.

Friday I left the office early...and did work at home. Then FI and I ran some errands and went out to our favorite burger place. Saturday I went for a walk in the morning and got some housework done. FI and I had dinner plans to celebrate his new job, but FI was really grumpy because his dog had been misbehaving and it really put a damper on the whole thing.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• CLoGreenEyesCLoGreenEyes member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited July 2014

@Swazzle, glad you had the kind of weekend that makes even Monday tolerable! Hope your ankle is OK and starts feeling better soon.

@buddysmom80, your post made me hungry between the food your FI made and the menu tasting. What did y'all end up picking?? Also, KITTEEEEENNNNNNSSSSS.

I'm gonna be a party pooper and have a moody Monday, because this weekend definitely needed to be at least twice as long. Friday I had clinical all day, so I came home, read a book, and literally went to sleep by like 8:30. I was sooo tired.

Saturday was a wonderful lazy day. I woke up around 10 and basically lazed around in my pajamas, reading and watching some movies. I did the shower/hair/make-up thing in the afternoon and then C and I got together in the evening for a bit.

Yesterday I did a little bit of laundry, then a couple friends and I went out to the lake and rented a canoe for a while. It was hilarious - we had no idea how to steer the thing whatsoever, so mostly we just kept spinning around and not understanding why for the longest time. Sooooo that was fun. Then the family was supposed to get together that afternoon, but my dad got sick and my one brother was celebrating his and his girlfriend's anniversary, soooooooo that didn't happen. The rest of us just went out to dinner. And then we came home, I tried to get some reading done for class, and fell asleep.

ETA: Also, I just got a good look at my ticker, and I'm officially happy again because holy crap I'm about to graduate!!!!!!!!!!

• Blah.  I spent the whole weekend worrying and anticipating questions for this interview I have this morning in 40 minutes.  So this morning I was wide awake even though I didn't want to be.  I can't even eat my breakfast.  My day will be a lot better in about 2 hours. 

Friday evening we met my brother and his wife for dinner for her birthday and I paid for the whole thing...ugh.  I thought I had a groupon worth more than it was, so oops.  But it was delish and a good time. 

I tried to keep myself busy Saturday while FI was away all day at a car show so I went shopping with my mom and then forced myself to go to the gym. 

Sunday FI and I did our usual grocery shopping, laundry, grass cutting routine.  FI grilled some steaks that I knew were going to not be that great...they were super thin but cheap so whatever.  He tried to make this marinade for the grilled zucchini and improvised since we didn't have lemon and used this generic version of Mio lemonade stuff.  It was gross but I told him it was good.  It tasted like he rolled the zucchini in lemonade mix.  Oh, and with a hint of brown mustard.  Luckily he dropped half of the tray when he brought them inside so I didn't eat a lot of them.  lol. 

• ShallowSeasShallowSeas member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited July 2014
    I'm not sure what kind of Monday it is for me yet.  I woke up 15 minutes late because I hit the snooze button on my alarm and decided to roll over and cuddle with FI instead of getting ready for work...totally worth it and I still made it to work on time.

My weekend was great. Friday night we had date night and celebrated my new job offer. Saturday was our wedding shower! We had a good turn out and got A LOT of really nice things. Here's a pic of us at our shower, not the greatest quality, and FI's cute face is all shadowy :(  but its the only one I have right now.  His aunt took a ton of pics but hasn't sent them to me yet.

On Sunday, FI played bass at church but I stayed home cuz I wasn't feeling great.  I went through all of our shower gifts and got them put away and organized. Then we decided to be lazy all day and watch Deadliest Catch and OITNB all day long, which was fine by me :)
    Anniversary

• @Pepperally, good luck on your interview! They are scary, but hopefully once you get going with answering questions you'll feel better. Sending good job-getting vibes!
  • @Swazzle - Hope your ankle feels better!!

@Buddysmom - KITTENS!!!!!!!

@Southernpeach89 - Sounds like you had a nice relaxing weekend.

@blabla89 - YAY for FI's new job.

@CL0GreenEyes - Your canoe story reminded me of one I have before FI and I were together.  We were on a work canoe trip and we got caught in some shallow area and the canoe started to flip and take on water so we had to jump out.  While we were trying to walk the canoe and get the water out, I slipped in the river on some rocks and hit FI in the head with the canoe.

@Pepperally - Hope your rock that interview!!

@severmilli12 - YAY for your new job!  

Oh because I NEVER post pictures - I hate the way I look in pictures, here's one of me and FI at the Indians game. 

Anniversary
  • Warning: Long post ahead.

Towards the end of last week, I found out that my dad is dying. We do not have much of a relationship. Though I speak to him once every couple of weeks, I haven't seen him for at least 4 years. He's not a terrible person, but he's not all there mentally and I needed to keep my distance in order to preserve my own happiness/stability. Anyways, finding out from my mom that he only has a matter of weeks (maybe months) totally shocked me. I always thought I'd get a call one day, informing me that he had passed away. Somehow, I never imagined that I would have to deal with it in this way. My younger/middle sister decided to come down from Cambridge to see him, and my mom told me if I wanted to see him I should come out soon. Since FI and I were planning on going out to Long Island anyway on Saturday (for a surprise party for my bff's dad), I decided that we should go visit my dad beforehand. 

Friday night I mentioned to my mom that FI would be coming to the hospice with me. She said she wasn't sure that was a good idea - FI had never met my dad before, and my mom said my dad really didn't look good. She suggested that I go on my own this time, and maybe next time I visited him FI could come. I told her I wasn't sure there would be a next time, and I was worried I would regret it if FI never met him, and thus never fully understood everything about my dad as well as he could have. Saturday morning, while driving out to LI, my sister called me and asked if FI was coming to see dad with me. When I told her he was, she told me it was a bad idea. She said he looked terrible, and that he shouldn't have to meet new people when feeling like this. After hanging up with her I was a mess. I cried and told FI I just didn't know what to do. I wanted him there for MY support - and I knew it would be awkward and scary in that room, but I wanted someone in there who could be strong for me. FI told me he would do whatever I wanted him to do - and he suggested he come with me, but wait outside of the room until I told him to come in. 

Seeing my dad was scary. I didn't know what to say to him, and spent most of the visit sitting on the edge of his bed while my mom and sister chatted with him. His feet were so swollen they looked like hobbit feet - I couldn't even look at them, I thought I was going to be sick. My mom brought FI in, and he sat next to me and held my hand the whole time. My sister (who also hasn't seen my dad in years), acted like it was no big deal at all, and seemed completely comfortable there, which just made me feel worse. Finally, my mom told us we should all get going.

We went back to my mom's house and spent a few minutes getting ready for the party. I had asked my best friend if I could bring my younger/middle sister with me, since she was home fore the weekend. My youngest sister told me she was out at a BBQ with her BF, but she would try to get home to see me later. While we were on my way to my bff's dad's friend's house, my bff asked me to pick up a few bottles of champagne, so we did that. 

We got to her dad's friend's house, and she came out the front door to greet us. She walked us around the side of the house to the backyard. As we came through the gate a bunch of people yelled "Surprise!" I waved but kept walking - I figured it was just her dad's friend's "practicing" the "Surprise!" on us. As we came up the stairs of the deck, I spotted one of FI's best friends, then one of my friends from the city....then I realized that everyone there was friends of FI and I. I turned to FI and said "Uh....I think this party is for us!"

My awesome BFF/MOH had planned a surprise engagement for us! It seriously took me several minutes to fully comprehend what what happening. The best part was that all of FI's college friends were there - some had driven down all the way from Albany - over 4 hrs - just for the party! It was just so amazing to see friends from a bunch of different groups all gathered together for US. My youngest sister had made all the decorations - there were black & white photos of me and FI all over the place, and sunflowers in mason jars, it was adorable. We got a bunch of gifts, including several bottles of wine. We had such a great time - they had lawn games set up, the house has a gorgeous in-ground pool so we all went swimming, and there was LOTS of food and drinks.  I've never been so surprised in my life. 

Anyways, it was a day filled with many conflicting emotions. Overall though, from having FI with me in that hospital room, to being surprised by my friends and family, I'd have to say that the weekend mostly left me feeling very loved.

TL;DR: I hadn't seen dad in 4 yrs, but he's very sick, so I visited him. BFF/MOH threw us a surprise engagement party.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @buddysmom80 - I MISS YOU MORE! Maybe I will see you on Saturday? We need to discuss. 

@CLoGreenEyes - FOUR WEEKS!!!! 

@Pepperally - Yuck, that zucchini sounds awful! 

@severmilli12 - Tell us more about your shower! What's your favorite thing you received?

• @Hummingbird125, that's a lot of emotions packed into one weekend. I'm so sorry about your dad. :( But glad you got to enjoy the surprise party afterward!
  • @Hummingbird125 - All the hugs and love to you. I'm sorry you're going through this with your dad right now. Just remember that you have to do what's best for your well-being and what you choose to do is not wrong. 

• @swazzle and everyone else: FI's parents hosted the party for us at their house, out by their pool. It was really nice. I'm not a fan of shower games but FMIL had 2 planned and they were both really fun. The first was guessing which movie certain love quotes came from. The second was making a dress for your partner out of TP.  All my girlfriends decided to make a dress for their SO which was hilarious. Everyone had a lot of fun with that.

My favorite gift we received was a bar that FMIL re-did for us.  FI's grandpa had made a bar way back in the 60's so FMIL refinished the woods and polished the counter top and then made a pub sign for us, "Ravenkey Pub" because of my love for Edgar Allan Poe and my skeleton key collection. She worked on it for weeks and it came out great. So now we have a bar! Which is fun.
    Anniversary

• @Hummingbird125 - All the hugs to you.  I'm sorry you have to go through watching your Dad pass....even if you aren't that close to him, it still must be devestating.
  • Merry Monday here!  H and I had a GREAT weekend in Madison.  Friday I got off work a little early and did some grocery shopping. 

Saturday morning we took off early for Madison, had a great brunch when we arrived and hit up the art fair.  I found a lovely piece of art for my Mom for her birthday.  H and I had some nice alone time and had a great dinner too (I had a turkey sandwich with fries, which might not sound fancy but it is so hard to find good gluten-free sandwich places with dedicated gluten-free friers).  It was yummy.

Sunday we woke up late, had another awesome brunch, went to Whole Foods and drove home in time to watch the soccer game (H was disappointed Argentina didn't win but what can you do?).  I ate too much yesterday though (not used to carbs and I carb overloaded) but it was still fun.  :)

• @hummingbird125 - So sorry to hear about your dad.  What a roller coaster of a weekend for you!! 

Anniversary
  • Moody Monday over here. I had a perfectly fine weekend, but FI was snoring like a chainsaw last night so I didn't get much sleep; I was ready to murder him.

Friday night FI and I went out for dinner and then just hung out. I had been thinking about poutine all day after a convo in one of the discussions on this board, so that was literally all I wanted for dinner. We went to this fantastic burger place and had a very tasty dinner and a couple drinks...and then walked home because we really needed to!

Saturday morning FI went golfing as usual. I went back to bed with my tea and dicked around online for a little bit, then did my Jillian Michaels, showered, and took care of some laundry and cleaning up. Then my mom and sister (who's also my MOH) came and met me downtown to talk about wedding stuff and go add items onto our registry (kitchen stuff that FI truly does not care about). It was so nice to spend a couple hours with them with no boys and get to talk about all the girly stuff, and they were WAY more fun than FI would have been about picking out kitchen stuff! Fi met us for lunch, and then my mom and sister went to the mall and FI and I went to look at a couple of condos. We had his friends and their 2 kids over for burgers Saturday night and just hung out and relaxed a bit.

Yesterday was church and then lunch with FI's parents and sister and her husband. We watched the soccer game (also I fully napped through most of the first half). I didn't go to the evening service with FI last night, I was feeling really off and groggy and had a bad headache so I sat outside and read the most ridiculous wedding magazine and just had some down time. And then FI kept me up with his snoring and I felt a bit stabby. He actually left for work an hour early because he knew he was keeping me up...and then I felt like a jerk :(

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• @Hummingbird125 I'm so sorry you have to go through this, sending you lots of thoughts and prayers.

My weekend was good, Friday I had a friend over we hung out drank some wine.  Saturday we were up pretty early we went to pick out the slab of granite we wanted for our countertops. We spent the rest of the afternoon searching for matching flooring and backsplash.  We found flooring we liked but didn't buy yet but we didn't find any backsplash we liked.

Yesterday we ran a few errands did some grocery shopping.  Did a few things around the house and just relaxed.  We watched the movie Bad Words and it was hysterical, ok so may be 2 glasses of wine made it funnier. It was a good weekend.  I'm not too upset it's Monday, this week should be calm but good. 

Anniversary

• @hummingbird125 sending you hugs, <3 you!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • @hummingbird125 I'm so sorry to hear about your dad's health. Sending lots of hugs and prayers!
  • labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its

@Hummingbird125 I'm so sorry you have to go through this with your dad. I'm glad you made the decision to bring FI with you to visit him. Hugs!

@severmilli12 I love the gift of the bar! It sounds wonderful! My cousin made his sister and her H a gorgeous wine cabinet/chiller for their wedding gift and I was so jealous. Bars and bar related accessories are the best gifts!

My weekend was pretty good but today is definitely a Sleepy Monday for me. Friday evening FI and I went out to dinner with my parents to celebrate my mom's birthday. I ate ALL the guacamole and it was so delicious!

Saturday I met two of my girlfriends for lunch. We shared a giant skillet of some of the best paella I have ever had! I was so fully afterwards, I felt like I could barely move. Later that evening we had a friend over to play games and grill with us.

Sunday we had an impromptu lake day! FI and I went with my parents, Cinders, and their two dogs out to Lake Lanier and spent all day skiing, swimming, and lounging. It's such a change from a year ago when we first took Cinders out to the lake. The first time she went she was absolutely terrified and refused to do more than get her feet wet. This time we could barely keep her out of the water and ended up getting her a doggie lifevest because she looked like she really really really wanted to jump out of the boat so she could swim some more. We brought her floaty toy and she basically spent all afternoon retrieving it out of the water. My parent's dog Bella was also chasing the toy and she and Cinders kept having tug of war competitions over it in the water. It was also Cheyanne's first time ever at the lake. She has always refused to go swimming before and isn't a big fan of the water as far as we can tell (so crazy for a golden retriever). We were all able to finally convince her to get in and once she got in and swam a few times she realized that she loved the water too! So Chey Chey did a bunch of swimming and wading and lounging on the tube. It was overall an awesome day and now I have a sunburn on my face because it was the one place I forgot to re-apply sunscreen. Oops...

• @Severmilli12 you guys look so cute!

@Hummingbird125 sending you lots of hugs. That is so hard to go through. I'm glad you got a surprise party though, and I hope it lifted your spirits!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• @Swazzle - Hope there's nothing really wrong with your ankle! Probably one of the more inconvenient places to injure :(

@buddysmom80 - KITTENS! PICTURES! Also, what's your menu sounding like?

@CLoGreenEyes - Congrats on being so close to the finish line :)

@Pepperally - That zucchini sounds horrible...if he hadn't dropped it himself I might have made sure that any leftovers just happened to fall on the floor!

@severmilli12 - Glad you had a good time at your shower! I love the sound of the bar, that was so nice of your FMIL

@Hummingbird125 - I'm so sorry to hear about your father. Sending lots of love and prayers.

@Peaseblossom55 - I saw Bad Words last fall at the Toronto International Film Festival and thought it was hilarious! FI and I never got to see it when it was released but I would definitely watch it again!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• edited July 2014
    it's a Merry Monday for me! H was gone all weekend, so I did all the things I like to do! Friday night I had a few ladies over. I got off work at 1:45, rushed home to work out and then did some speed-cleaning and baked a blueberry slab pie (FYI, it was awesome). got cleaned up just in time for everyone to show up at 5:30. we went to eat Mexican food and then came back to my place. we played a card game called Wizard, ate pie with ice cream, and drank coffee. I did get a migraine, but everyone stayed until midnight or so because I didn't really want to be alone! Saturday morning I woke up early (like 6:30) and had a Guatemalan breakfast with my dad and did some grocery shopping... then I took a long nap, went by Target to buy a baby shower gift and a cute pair of sandals, and worked out. that evening I went to dinner with my mom (Italian!) and we shopped a little bit. I wore my new sandals and they just shredded my feet. I took them back yesterday. :( Sunday, I got up early (~7:00?) and did my Recovery work-out, ate breakfast, did some laundry, and got ready for church. I had a baby shower at 2 PM, and that was so fun. it was a "Books and Bows" sprinkle (the mom already has a little boy). I got the baby 3 books and some cute jammies. I found Pride & Prejudice and Romeo & Juliet for babies and it is just adorable!!! this little girl got so many cute bows and headbands and books. @Hummingbird125 - I am sorry about your dad! it sounds like a lot of conflicting emotions for one weekend... I think it's great that you got to end it all with a fun party, though.
  • OMG sorry for the formatting... 

LINK for the Classics for Babies book example.  I tried to include it up there, but TK was being wonky.
  • @TwoDimes - Happy birthday!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• YAY HAPPY BIRTHDAY @TwoDimes

Wedding Countdown Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards