Chit Chat

Hello! And welcome to Friday! With script errors!

Re: Hello! And welcome to Friday! With script errors!

• @ohannabelle I hope Principessa is eternally grateful.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• God help me, it really is Friday. Did I mention in the "what you don't have that everyone else does" thread that I do not own a calendar?
    Mistake. Yes. I need one.

There are about 35 things on my to do list. I am about two weeks and now one Friday behind schedule.
    My house looks like a bomb was dropped on it. Possibly a Pinterest bomb. 

There are piles of lace and fabric everywhere. 8 strings of Edison bulbs hanging across the living room, being tested. Bird cages that may or may not be used. A couple of giant 6 foot candle stands waiting to be painted. Will the Principessa decide on milk glass, or antique bottles? Both have come up from the basement (aka the Room of Requirement) so, piles of dusty boxes to be gone through. Half finished lace lanterns from hell, which means lots of half globes of lace doilies waiting to be joined together, eight giant plastic balls used for forms, now rolling around shedding dried glue, and paper mâché glue sprinkled and dribbled across the kitchen. Where the dishes are not done. Cat sleeping on bar sign.

Banners to be finished. 4 chairs to be reupholstered. Other cat on antique chair.  Bench to be repaired. Add to this the usual three unrelated-to-wedding pieces of furniture ready to be listed and sold (oh...work. For money. I still need to do that.)  and you have a frikking mess unseen since the wreck of the Hesperus.

3 magnificent hot glue burns on hands, bandaged toe from slamming into antique trunk, lump on head from knocking over giant candle stand. 

My emotional support is presently a seventeen year old boy, who can't hear because he is wired into a dungeons and dragons tournament, and communicating through mumbling noises. Like this:

Me: Moosey, I need you to move the park bench to the back porch.
    Moose: Hmmmmm. Mmmmmm.mumblemumble.
    Me: Today. Seriously. I have to replace the slats.
    Moose. Mmmm. Hrrrrm. Busy.
    Me: (slightly hysterical) I pushed your giant Sputnik sized head out of my vagina! You fucking owe me. Move. The. Park. Bench.
    Moose: Jesus, Mom. Don't say vagina to me. What's wrong with you? Hey. What's for dinner?

Help me.
    How are you not my mom? I'm seriously jealous.

• @ohannabelle if I get my cleaning shit done tonight I can fly out to whereverthehellyallare and help with your stuff because I wish you were my mom? I just have to be back by Monday.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• If it makes you feel better, my aunt calls her first-born Pinhead. Pinhead has a big ass watermelon head.

Go up in the treehouse, have your hippie experience for a while, come back down and put on some meditative music while you do crafts. Maybe have a sundae after hippie experience because it seems like it would be the best way to enjoy it lol
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• @climbingbrideNY have an awesome time in my neck of the woods! I'm so excited to hear about it!

@ohannabelle please be a mom to all of us. You're the best and Adorable Daughter is lucky to have you!

Not much going on this weekend for me. Lots of wedding stuff that I've been slacking on and possibly an impromptu camping trip on Saturday night, if the weather cooperates.

• @climbingbrideNY have an awesome time in my neck of the woods! I'm so excited to hear about it!

@ohannabelle please be a mom to all of us. You're the best and Adorable Daughter is lucky to have you!

Not much going on this weekend for me. Lots of wedding stuff that I've been slacking on and possibly an impromptu camping trip on Saturday night, if the weather cooperates.

I second this. Please come to NH for leaf-peeping season and be my cool mom. We could partake of the hippie experience out on the kayaks at the reservoir down the street and look at the leaves!!!! I wouldn't make you craft anything!
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• @beethery I may crash that leaf-peeping hippie party.

Thanks!! 
  • DH has an extremely large head. We usually have difficulty finding hats that fit him, even in big stores with lots of inventory. It wasn't that much smaller when he was born, so no babies for us!!
    ~*~*~*~*~

• I'm just excited I get to pick up my fixed e-ring from the PO today.  Apparently even though I'm at home everyday all day they came when I was in the shower.  I didn't know until after-hours.      

I haven't worn my e-ring since Nov.    DH wants me to wait until his sister's wedding to wear it so it will be still clean and shinny.     I haven't decided yet.  I've gone this long without it, whats another 6 weeks.    But I really do not like my wedding band and would rather go back to wearing my e-ring.

The rest of my weekend is taking someone to the airport in Grand Junction, hit up the big city for supplies.  Then I work on Sat and Sun.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • RED ALERT:

(link)

"Hey Nesties,

Thank you all so much for your suggestions, feedback, and recommendations over the last few weeks. After reviewing your nominations, we have selected 30 members who we think would make great mods. We will be messaging these members and mods will be in place by early next week. For now, these mods will be assigned to the active general boards, but we will also be adding mods to the local boards soon. 

Thanks for your patience! Feel free to continue sending any feedback you have to messageboards@theknot.com or PM me ;) 

xoxo,
    KP"

So, probably 2-3 weeks from now we will know who mods are. Woohoo?
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• I saw that. I didn't know we had a nominating process?

Anniversary
  • chibiyui said:
    I saw that. I didn't know we had a nominating process?
    Right? News to me.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• My man comes back home tonight! He's been gone for two weeks and he's coming hooome!

But I have to put laundry away ;____________;
  • beethery said:

chibiyui said:

Right? News to me.

And did anyone catch what the change in TOS was?

Anniversary
  • God help me, it really is Friday. Did I mention in the "what you don't have that everyone else does" thread that I do not own a calendar?

There are about 35 things on my to do list. I am about two weeks and now one Friday behind schedule.

There are piles of lace and fabric everywhere. 8 strings of Edison bulbs hanging across the living room, being tested. Bird cages that may or may not be used. A couple of giant 6 foot candle stands waiting to be painted. Will the Principessa decide on milk glass, or antique bottles? Both have come up from the basement (aka the Room of Requirement) so, piles of dusty boxes to be gone through. Half finished lace lanterns from hell, which means lots of half globes of lace doilies waiting to be joined together, eight giant plastic balls used for forms, now rolling around shedding dried glue, and paper mâché glue sprinkled and dribbled across the kitchen. Where the dishes are not done. Cat sleeping on bar sign.

Banners to be finished. 4 chairs to be reupholstered. Other cat on antique chair.  Bench to be repaired. Add to this the usual three unrelated-to-wedding pieces of furniture ready to be listed and sold (oh...work. For money. I still need to do that.)  and you have a frikking mess unseen since the wreck of the Hesperus.

3 magnificent hot glue burns on hands, bandaged toe from slamming into antique trunk, lump on head from knocking over giant candle stand. 

My emotional support is presently a seventeen year old boy, who can't hear because he is wired into a dungeons and dragons tournament, and communicating through mumbling noises. Like this:

Me: (slightly hysterical) I pushed your giant Sputnik sized head out of my vagina! You fucking owe me. Move. The. Park. Bench.
    Moose: Jesus, Mom. Don't say vagina to me. What's wrong with you? Hey. What's for dinner?

Help me.
    How are you not my mom? I'm seriously jealous.

SITB

Sounds like my mom
    "Sophie! Come pick me up from the bar! I DON'T CARE that it's 3am, I spent 12 hours in labor!"

Help me.
    YOU HAVE A ROOM OF REQUIREMENT. AND A HILARIOUS SENSE OF HUMOR. AND A SCARRED SON.

You are my favorite. :D
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • chibiyui said:
    chibiyui said:
    Right? News to me.
    And did anyone catch what the change in TOS was?
    Yeah, I didn't vote?

Help me.
    I am not ashamed to say that I use the "I pushed your bowling ball sized head through my nether region" to get what I need done out of the youngest boy. 

He's 19 now and has asked how long I might be planning on using that as a guilt trip. I told him, "For-ev-ver, For-ev-ver, For-ev-ver!!"
    *msstaticfancypants*
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • beethery said:
    I can't wait to go to this bar I found while looking up stuff to do in bar harbor, they have a drink called a dirty water that sounds right up my alley.

Are you going to Acadia? We spent 2 days there on our honeymoon and absolutely LOVED it!
  • AND COMING THROUGH WITH A HUM-DINGER IT IS @MSSTATICFANCYPANTS WITH A FUCKING SANDLOT REFERENCE!!!

I aspire to be like both you and @ohannabelle if I ever have kids. You guys are fucking great.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• amakayeb said:
    beethery said:
    I can't wait to go to this bar I found while looking up stuff to do in bar harbor, they have a drink called a dirty water that sounds right up my alley.

Are you going to Acadia? We spent 2 days there on our honeymoon and absolutely LOVED it!
    Yes! We're staying at the Bar Harbor Inn and I think we're going to do a tour of acadia park and apparently climb some kind of cadillac mountain thing and possibly go on a harbor cruise? FI has been there a bunch of times but I've never been. I am looking forward to it!
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• beethery said:
    AND COMING THROUGH WITH A HUM-DINGER IT IS @MSSTATICFANCYPANTS WITH A FUCKING SANDLOT REFERENCE!!!

I aspire to be like both you and @ohannabelle if I ever have kids. You guys are fucking great.
    I am so stoked that you caught that!!!! Those miserable little shits made me watch that movie so often when they were little that I DELIGHT in bringing reference to it! 
    My next favorite is:

*msstaticfancypants*
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • It was seriously one of the most beautiful places I've ever been! We didn't spend a lot of time in Bar Harbor (stayed on the quiet side of the island), but we really enjoyed walking across to Bar Island at low tide. Cadillac Mountain was really cool; we drove up that and then hiked some other trails. Our theory is: why waste energy climbing the ones that you don't have to? :)
  • amakayeb said:
    It was seriously one of the most beautiful places I've ever been! We didn't spend a lot of time in Bar Harbor (stayed on the quiet side of the island), but we really enjoyed walking across to Bar Island at low tide. Cadillac Mountain was really cool; we drove up that and then hiked some other trails. Our theory is: why waste energy climbing the ones that you don't have to? :)

Going to definitely make that point to FI because I am not an outdoors person lol
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• We actually really enjoy hiking, and we just wanted to see as much as possible. But that's another very valid reason to support that idea!
  • An employee of a customer just condescendingly called me sweetheart and made poor attempts at lording his incorrect knowledge of our services to me.

I'm ready to drive to that restaurant and shove his hand into one of the fryers.

Is it time to go home yet?
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• beethery said:
    An employee of a customer just condescendingly called me sweetheart and made poor attempts at lording his incorrect knowledge of our services to me.

I'm ready to drive to that restaurant and shove his hand into one of the fryers.

Is it time to go home yet?

SIB

Ew.  That is one of the quickest ways to get put on my shit list.

I pick up my dress tonight!!!!!  I'm so scared that it won't fit...sigh.
    Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards