Chit Chat
Options

Giving Zero Fucks.

Re: Giving Zero Fucks.

• Options
    annathy03 said:
    Music (except our first dance and me walking down the aisle). Parent entrance? Um, bach sounds good. Bridesmaids? Yeah that parent one can just keep going. Grand entrance? First jock jams song we thought of. Centerpieces looking perfect. Months out I was super anal about my DIY work, close to the wedding I was all "it'll be dark, this paint job is good enough". Chair covers. My venue coordinator lowered the price 3 times trying to get me to rent them b/c she thought it would look so much nicer. Zero fucks. Bridesmaid shoes. I requested they pick a silver pair (or black, but they decided as a group silver was better), and I'd get pictures of shoes texted to me "Are these OK?". "Yes, those look like shoes". "The shade is OK?". "Any shade is OK. Wear shoes you like." MIL asked about what kind of dress I'd like her in about 10 times before "whatever kind you'll feel good in" sunk in. ETA: Trying to add paragraphs. Come on TK, get it together!
    There's different music for your parents and BMs entering???

Fill me in because I'm clueless!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    annathy03 said:
    Music (except our first dance and me walking down the aisle). Parent entrance? Um, bach sounds good. Bridesmaids? Yeah that parent one can just keep going. Grand entrance? First jock jams song we thought of. Centerpieces looking perfect. Months out I was super anal about my DIY work, close to the wedding I was all "it'll be dark, this paint job is good enough". Chair covers. My venue coordinator lowered the price 3 times trying to get me to rent them b/c she thought it would look so much nicer. Zero fucks. Bridesmaid shoes. I requested they pick a silver pair (or black, but they decided as a group silver was better), and I'd get pictures of shoes texted to me "Are these OK?". "Yes, those look like shoes". "The shade is OK?". "Any shade is OK. Wear shoes you like." MIL asked about what kind of dress I'd like her in about 10 times before "whatever kind you'll feel good in" sunk in. ETA: Trying to add paragraphs. Come on TK, get it together!
    There's different music for your parents and BMs entering???

Fill me in because I'm clueless!
    Shit I hope not. Our parents are sitting down to the same shit that's playing the whole time before everything else starts. Or they'll already be sitting, because there are 6 of them and I don't feel like having them all part of the procession.

• Options
    Whew! Feeling much better now!
  • Options
    Our DJ had a spot for it, but we just told him to loop the thing if it took too long (I don't think they needed to). Seemed silly to me.
  • Options
    Okay, I also give zero fucks about music. I haven't even really thought about music other than what I'll be walking down the aisle too. 

• Options
    Dieting!! I've been a piggy pig ever since we got engaged and just loving life and not caring. My dress fits but I would feel more confident with the fitted stomach area if I lost 5 lbs. However, every day I say this will be the day I start working out and eating better and it just never seems to happen hahaha. I know how to cut weight- I've never had trouble in the past, if I had a bikini vacation coming up I was always able to crack down and tone up but for some reason I just can't seem to do it now and I'm alright with that! Burgers & froyo > Salad & fruit

• Options
    jenna8984 said:
    Dieting!! I've been a piggy pig ever since we got engaged and just loving life and not caring. My dress fits but I would feel more confident with the fitted stomach area if I lost 5 lbs. However, every day I say this will be the day I start working out and eating better and it just never seems to happen hahaha. I know how to cut weight- I've never had trouble in the past, if I had a bikini vacation coming up I was always able to crack down and tone up but for some reason I just can't seem to do it now and I'm alright with that! Burgers & froyo > Salad & fruit
    My mom told me for over a year before my wedding that I looked pregnant (I didn't and I wasn't), and I honestly gave zero fucks about dieting. I started adding salad to my lunch (usually leftovers from home), but that was the only dietary change I made. If anything, I'm pretty sure I double or tripled my carb intake. lol  And you know, I looked damn good in my wedding dresses!
    ~*~*~*~*~

• Options
    jenna8984 said:
    Oh man. I need to start devoting some fucks to that. Had my first fitting the other day and HOLY SHIT was it tight in the butt. Like, inappropriately tight. Like, would probably rip if I tried to sit down.

• Options
    jenna8984 said:
    Oh man. I need to start devoting some fucks to that. Had my first fitting the other day and HOLY SHIT was it tight in the butt. Like, inappropriately tight. Like, would probably rip if I tried to sit down.
    lol uh-oh! Did they say they were going to take it out a little or did you just say you'd lose a little weight?

• Options
    jenna8984 said:
    jenna8984 said:
    lol uh-oh! Did they say they were going to take it out a little or did you just say you'd lose a little weight?
    She said there was room to take it out a full size. I'm not entirely convinced it'll be enough. :-/ 

• Options
    Mine was colour and theme. Everyone asked what our theme was. I was like - No idea. Getting married?? I got a lot of weird looks. But pretty much all details. Hooray for wedding packages at the hotel!!

• Options
    I'm terrified about my dressing fit. It's next Tuesday and I think it might get ugly.
  • Options
    SmileDamnitSmileDamnit member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited July 2014
    I had this brief period about a month out where I got crazy for a couple of days, obsessing over the details. Then I woke up one morning and was just over it (...the silly details that just don't matter, not the wedding). I realized that all that really mattered was getting us & our loved ones to MT safe n' sound and marrying the Dude. Yep, I had a belly pooch in my dress cuz I gave up on getting all sorts of fit. No, we didn't have ceremony music because the speaker wasn't charge. And MIL wore - gasp - white!! The fact of the matter - it was all perfect, just as it was, including my anxiety level.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    My ass looks like a Christmas present...if you got an overstuffed sausage for Christmas (oh, you shouldn't have). I do like the bustle though. And thankfully the low back means no backsquish pudge.

• Options
    jenna8984 said:
    jenna8984 said:
    She said there was room to take it out a full size. I'm not entirely convinced it'll be enough. :-/ 

I'm so glad I went with my gut. I wear a 6/8 in pants and the girl took my measurements and wanted to order the dress in a 4. I said uuum don't bridals run small?? She was like no, that's what the measurement chart said. I'm like well fuck that order me the 6. And now the 6 fits but is tight (again need to lose the 5lbs) and the 4 would have no chance in HELL fit me.

I'm sure if they take yours out a little and you crack the whip a little, you'll be just fine! I've seen your on the Sept board and it's fab-ola!

• Options
    @jenna8984 they ordered me one size larger than the one I tried on - which zipped, but was tight. I think other girls must have stretched it out though because this one is every bit as tight as the sample. Maybe I need to wear it around for a week, do some squats, stretch it out.

• Options
    My FMIL is up in arms over the lack of fucks I give about my bridal party dresses. I told them dark green (anything but emerald) and long. That's it. Shoes? I don't care the dress is long. Jewelry? Nope, don't care either. They've all dressed themselves for 20+ years and look great daily why would I not think they could handle it on one day?
  • Options
    @jenna8984 they ordered me one size larger than the one I tried on - which zipped, but was tight. I think other girls must have stretched it out though because this one is every bit as tight as the sample. Maybe I need to wear it around for a week, do some squats, stretch it out.
    LMAO I just pictured you running errands in a wedding dress, people staring at you and you're just like "WHAT?  I'm breaking it in!  Can't a girl pump gas with a wedding dress on?"
    So THAT'S what I should do with my dress.  Why wear jeans to the grocery store when you can wear your wedding gown?!

I also gave zero fucks about dieting.  I meant to work out since our honeymoon was a beach vacation and I wanted to look awesome in my bathing suits, but the dress covered my self-conscious bits so it didn't matter for the wedding.
  • Options
    annathy03 said:

LMAO I just pictured you running errands in a wedding dress, people staring at you and you're just like "WHAT?  I'm breaking it in!  Can't a girl pump gas with a wedding dress on?"

So THAT'S what I should do with my dress.  Why wear jeans to the grocery store when you can wear your wedding gown?!

I also gave zero fucks about dieting.  I meant to work out since our honeymoon was a beach vacation and I wanted to look awesome in my bathing suits, but the dress covered my self-conscious bits so it didn't matter for the wedding.

There were a couple of girls in my hometown who wore their prom dresses to return bottles for deposits...because why not?

• Options
    I would be all about "breaking in" my dress if I didn't have FI around the house so much. Some how, that's not how I want him to see if for the first time!
  • Options
    beethery said:
    My mom thinks it is a really big deal that we have a cutting cake. To the point where she started insisting that my dad would want us to have a cutting cake. I know none of y'all know my Daddy, but I'm gonna tell you now, Daddy don't give a fuck about ANYTHING. Mom sometimes tries to use Daddy as a trump card in getting me to agree to shit that I want no part of, or for when I keep telling her NO, NO NO. NO, this does not affect you, please quit, we are done talking about this, etc.

So today, Daddy came into the office, and I asked, "Do you care if FI and I do a wedding cake-cutting at the reception?"

"What the shit is a cake-cutting?" <then I explained it to him, he just forgot I guess lol>

"Why the hell would I care if you guys did that? If you don't think it's necessary, don't do it."

"Good to know. Mom was making a huge deal about it and saying you'd REALLY want to see us cut the cake."

"She better quit talking out her ass. You do what you want. You know good and well she didn't ask me if I gave a shit about cakes or wedding anything. If she does it again, you text me and get the 'do whatever the hell you want, it's not up to me' response and go about your business, kid!"

--

I'm all about extra cake everywhere, but we're going to have TWENTY-THREE DOZEN CUPCAKES. TWENTY-MOTHERFUCKIN'-THREE. And you better believe I'm going to eat a shit-ton of them! If I decide I want to eat anniversary cake when the time comes, I can just order a dozen and call it good. EASY.

DON'T GIVE A FUCK ABOUT NOTHIN'!!!!!
    A: I am in awe of 276 cupcakes.
    B: I love your daddy.
  • Options
    I'm crashing @beethery's wedding to get some of those cupcakes.
    ~*~*~*~*~

• Options
    Lolo at least you go to try it on in a size that basically fit you. All they had was a 12 for me to try on (when I'm a 6) so I had to order it blindly with absolutely no idea how it would fit. Terrifying dropping that much money on a nonrefundable dress that may not fit! lol 
    I'm cracking up at the breaking it in and pumping gas comment!! My friend from work who's my mom's age and gives me great motherly advice told me after the wedding to twirl around in my dress for at least 1 week inside my house because it will be my only chance to ever do it. I'm totally taking her advice on that! 

• Options
    @beethery‌ can I come to your wedding for a cupcake? I'll try to behave, I promise.
    Miley, I used to be a stripper. I am also somewhat of a twerk queen. Behavior ain't necessary once the drinks start going. You show up at the right time, and you'll fit right in.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Options
    beethery said:
    I'm crashing @beethery's wedding to get some of those cupcakes.
    do iiiiiiit.

I'm having banana toffee, black forest, chocolate with chocolate icing (can't go wrong there), vanilla with vanilla icing and crumbled sugar cookies on top, and peanut butter cup.

They gonna be good as hell and I am excited about some motherfucking cupcakes.
    Okay, that's it, I'm coming to the wedding. I'll bring many bottles of whiskey mead.
    ~*~*~*~*~

• Options

There were a couple of girls in my hometown who wore their prom dresses to return bottles for deposits...because why not?
    I once wore a prom dress to Ben & Jerry's to split a Vermonster with a few of my friends. It was the best day ever.
    eyeroll
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards