Not Engaged Yet

OLW

Re: OLW

• @GoldenPenguin - I've got a ton of bad dating Stories!! My first FI (when I was on TK the first go around) left me for my best friend. They were engaged in 6months and married before we even hit a year being split. They also went to Banff for their honeymoon where we had gone the year prior with his parents on vaca. <<< THAT TOOK A LONG TIME TO GET OVER! I was a bitter mean girl to all men.
    Then my last Ex of 3 years lied to me for 6 months about a drug addiction I never knew of. He decided to quite and things were great for a while til he slowly turned to alcohol instead. His friends did nothing but feed this. So After one massive drunk fight I was done.

Ex SO was amazing...my match. We laughed at the same stupid stuff and loved hanging with family. We were just very compatible but once I started getting insecure about what was next....I started rehashing my past and freaking out.

So now its time to work on me...
  • @es14bw Ack, I missed your post! NEY is an amazing support system.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • @loves2shop4shoes - I share the toxic brother issue. Mine is the most selfish person ever, treating the entire family like crap when all they've done is tried to help him. He's now cut out of my life, which is so sad because he has two adorable children that I wish I could know as they grow up. Anyhoo, what I'm getting at is if you want to vent, I'm here.
  • es14bw said:
    @eilis1228 - Thanks but I have my share of issues. My entire 20s were filled with awful relationships. I'm 31 now and dating is no easy. SO was a very good man, I just let my past get the best of me, @Caseface5 - yes ma'am, sadly. He said he wanted to believe that wasn't me but he was too afraid it would just continue to happen.
    Based on what you've said, I think it's his past getting the best of him. I hope you're not blaming yourself for this, because you did a lot of things right. He's the one who let you go. It's his loss. Looking at you, I can definitely tell it's his loss. ;)
    That too...I hope he is focusing on himself too. I truly just want him to be happy.
  • lmcooper86lmcooper86 member
    First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its First Anniversary
    edited August 2014

@es14bw - I'm sorry to hear that it didn't work out. My last breakup was something similar, he wanted to believe that I would change but didn't think that it would actually happen. In retrospect I shouldn't have HAD to change, but that was hard to see at the time. I wasn't very active on here before my breakup and I didn't hang around after it, but I should have; I'm betting that these ladies would've helped me pull my head out of my ass a lot sooner than I managed to on my own! I hope you stay :)

ETA: Not that I think your head is up your butt. That wasn't very clear.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• @loves2shop4shoes - Your brother is an ass. And YOU are awesome. Hugs for all the stress he has caused you guys.
  • @es14bw I'm so sorry about your break up. 

Anniversary

• minskat30 said:
    @loves2shop4shoes - Your brother is an ass. And YOU are awesome. Hugs for all the stress he has caused you guys.
    Love you.  I could use a date with your pretty face...over a barrel glass of wine.
  • @EisleyJoGo omg so awkward! I hope the tyrant is evicted from your chin soon!!
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • @GoldenPenguin - Finally getting it with your fingers feels AMAZING! Until you realize your fingers were bleeding and you've got blood all over your face. . . So glad I'm not alone.
  • Yall have me cracking up!! I'm sorry about your uninvited chin resident and hope he is evicted soon!

• minskat30 said:
    @loves2shop4shoes - Your brother is an ass. And YOU are awesome. Hugs for all the stress he has caused you guys.
    Love you.  I could use a date with your pretty face...over a barrel glass of wine.
    Barrel, please, until 2 am...bring it.  :)  I can't wait to be settled and have some of the renos done so I have some free time and then we are on for a date.     
  • Dear Chin,

If you INSIST on growing hair, could you at least give me a little warning time? Like, just poke a tiny bit out right before bed so I can pluck it out and not have to deal with it the next day? Instead, over the course of approximately five seconds, you grow a giant dark needle-like branch of tyranny hanging off my face that I'm SURE everyone can see, and I can definitely feel when I rub my finger along you. My tweezers are normally at home, so I try and try and try to grab it with my fingernails, unsuccessfully, turning my finger pads raw in the process. . . Essentially, you're a dick. Get off the hair-growth steroids. You're driving me crazy.

-Grrrrr

Dear cubicle neighbor,

Please don't feel awkward, as I am about to ask to borrow your tweezers before leaving with them to the bathroom.

I have tweezers on my key chain for this beast.

• @tuarceatha - If I ever see keychair tweezers, I will be buying them faster than this hair showed up. Which is insanely fast. Know where you got yours?

I had a purse-specific pair, but then I put them on my work desk, which then got extremely messy and now I honestly just have no clue where to find them.

• @eisleyJoGo - there are tweezers in the medicine cabinet here at work (they say '1 use' on the package but look like normal tweezers to me)... I've never used them but I know they are there and I've been tempted to grab a pair for my desk for the same issues you are having (that have hopefully been taken care of).

Anniversary
  • Dear job applications, 
    It is not necessary to require a 30-40 minute personality questionnaire for each application. Can we just not do that?

Sincerely, 
    a girl who needs a job

Dear self, 
    Let's start hitting the gym once this crazy week is over. Time to get back into gear!

Sincerely, 
    self

Dear David's Bridal, 
    Please let this bridesmaid dress work out. Your responses on the phone were not all that comforting. 

Sincerely, 
    I need this dress. 
  • Dear IT,
    Are you fucking kidding me?! I was on hold for 45 minutes and now you're not even listening to what the problem is! Its not the password, I've been here for months, I know the password!

Very Annoyed

• @es14bw, I'm sorry to hear that you now have an ex BF. :( I became single 9ish months ago, and this group of ladies kept me SO strong and sane through it all. We are here for you! Also, you're SUPER pretty!

DC NEYers, have so much fun this weekend!

Dear world,

WHY DO YOU HATE INTROVERTS???????

No love,

Woman who gets oversaturated way too easily in most classes because the teaching methods are biased toward extraverts

Dear county fair,

I spent $20 to see 10 minutes of monster trucks. I am not a happy camper.

No love,

Disappointed lover of random country thaaaangs

Dear hospitals,

TWO OF MY FRIENDS HAVE INTERVIEWS ALREADY. Why not meeeee? :(

Love,

Insecure job seeker

• CLoGreenEyes  - Thank you very much. Chatting about everything on here really has helped. I work with all men so its impossible to vent to them.

I think school classes are designed to get everyone out of their comfort zone. I may talk too much but when it came to public speaking I would freak. I'm much better now.

Sending you good job searching vibes! You should move to Texas!! No shortage of jobs here!

• @bethsmiles I love IT sometimes :)

@bookishgiraffes At the retail job I'm currently at, I had to GO TO THE STORE to do the damn personality/math quiz lol.  Don't worry guys, when I'm off work, I'm currently applying to ALL the other jobs.  Now I just have to write better cover letters that say "I get that my whole resume is teaching, but really I would be a kick-ass secretary.  I TYPE ALMOST 100 WORDS PER MINUTE FOR PETE'S SAKE.  Love, B&W"
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • @clogreeneyes The main health provider/hospital thing here rejects me almost like once a day for admin/pharmacy/lab jobs lol.  I'm obviously doing it wrong
  • @clogreeneyes I'm sending you a PM right now!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• @tuarceatha - If I ever see keychair tweezers, I will be buying them faster than this hair showed up. Which is insanely fast. Know where you got yours?

I had a purse-specific pair, but then I put them on my work desk, which then got extremely messy and now I honestly just have no clue where to find them.

Confession: My H bought them for me. He knows how much I love tweezers (I have three at home), but hopefully he has no idea what those ones are great for... http://www.amazon.com/UNCLE-BILLS-SLIVER-GRIPPER-TWEEZER/dp/B001KMSUA4/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&amp;qid=1407352752&amp;sr=8-2&amp;keywords=uncle+bill's+sliver+gripper

Confession: My H bought them for me. He knows how much I love tweezers (I have three at home), but hopefully he has no idea what those ones are great for... http://www.amazon.com/UNCLE-BILLS-SLIVER-GRIPPER-TWEEZER/dp/B001KMSUA4/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&amp;qid=1407352752&amp;sr=8-2&amp;keywords=uncle+bill's+sliver+gripper
    I would buy them, @tuarceatha, but they are $6.66. Something seems wrong with that.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• @Blue & White - I'm about ready to kill the IT people. They are always assholes about everything. It's not my fault my computer randomly shuts down and locks me out and it's not my fault that you don't listen when I tell you what's wrong! They seriously made me put in the password (that I've been using for months now) like 5 times even though I told them I've had this happen before and need them to give me the recovery code.

And now the printer isn't working and I'm supposed to be making name tags which I can't do without the printer. But that doesn't super matter since they want phone numbers of the back of the name tags even though our printer doesn't seem to print front and back so I have no idea how I'm going to do that.

This is me today:
    Sherlock Frustrated

• cu97tiger said:

@tuarceatha - If I ever see keychair tweezers, I will be buying them faster than this hair showed up. Which is insanely fast. Know where you got yours?

I would buy them, @tuarceatha, but they are $6.66. Something seems wrong with that.
    It's specifically for the hairs that spawn from Satan himself. Which, in my case, would be any hair on my chin.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards