Chit Chat
Options

Giving Zero Fucks.

124»

Re: Giving Zero Fucks.

• Options
    I have given zero fucks about most of it.

We're getting married in Vegas and our venue is all inclusive with both ceremony and reception. They sent me a packet of things I get to chose from and so far I've been like, whatev...

This also explains why we are 6 months out and I haven't gone dress shopping. At all. 

I suppose I will start to panic soon and you guys will be thinking, "uh huh, she should have given a couple fucks about this a bit earlier." I'll be prepared to hear that.
    *msstaticfancypants*
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I can not be bothered with ANYTHING.

My officiant just sent me an email asking for our vows for her to look over.  Yeah, I haven't done that yet.  Cousin just called me at work asking what he should pack to wear.  Whatever the hell you want.  BM texted me pictures, wanting to know which shoes look better.  Hun, I don't know.  You keep Zappos in business; I wear the same pair of $1 flip flops I got from Old Navy three years ago.  You got this, girl.  

I JUST CAN'T.

ETA holy crazy double gifs
    OMG A Holy Musical B@tman GIF, that is so awesome!!!
    image Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I decided to stop worrying about where FI is sleeping the night before the wedding. We have a very cozy tent that he can use if he doesn't get around to booking something. (His idea to sleep apart the night before - I don't know if I'd care either way).

I give zero fucks about getting my ring re-rhodiumed. I'll either get around to it or I won't. Same with programs. 

I also give zero fucks about whether my dad is bringing his wife and my little half-sisters. Everyone else thinks I should care, but I understand if it's not in their budget to fly across the country. As long as my dad can make it, I'll be happy.
  • Options
    kns1988 said:
    I decided to stop worrying about where FI is sleeping the night before the wedding. We have a very cozy tent that he can use if he doesn't get around to booking something. (His idea to sleep apart the night before - I don't know if I'd care either way).

I give zero fucks about getting my ring re-rhodiumed. I'll either get around to it or I won't. Same with programs. 

I also give zero fucks about whether my dad is bringing his wife and my little half-sisters. Everyone else thinks I should care, but I understand if it's not in their budget to fly across the country. As long as my dad can make it, I'll be happy.
    To the bolded: I am totally with you!  FMIL says "Your e-ring looks scratched." and I thought "Yeah, cuz I'm fuckin' clumsy.  Why the fuck do you care?  You ain't wearin' it!"  And Fi wondered aloud what was happening on the day of the wedding and I said "I wake up with you, I go to bed with you.  In the mean time I'm going over to my mom's room to get dolled up for pictures."  "Oh!  Okay!"  PROBLEM EFFING SOLVED.  Awesome.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    gen148gen148 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited August 2014
    @lolo883 Yeeeaaah *inflation* since 1981.
    As far as the drama in my BFF's wedding, Whatever happens, happens. I've been told that people who give a $&@/ are much more emotional and sensitive (me to a T) so I'm gonna just relax about it and not be a worrywart over "oh, noooo pistachio cake is unrecognizable" blah blah over in Etiquette like I was. Newbie if there ever was one, but I needed to get it out.
  • Options
    I had spent months scouring flea markets for vintage teacups that were in my budget, for my super cute antique centerpieces. I found three.

Today I'm gonna go to Dollar Tree and get some plain white coffee cups and call it done. Eff that noise.
    eyeroll
  • Options
    Inkdancer said:

I had spent months scouring flea markets for vintage teacups that were in my budget, for my super cute antique centerpieces. I found three.

Today I'm gonna go to Dollar Tree and get some plain white coffee cups and call it done. Eff that noise.

Check Craig's List before giving it up completely. I've seen lots of random stuff like that on our local site. I was going to do something similar at one point and stalked some for a while.
  • Options
    Inkdancer said:

My sisters got a bunch for my shower favors (with lavender planted in them)... I think they got them at Salvation Army.

• Options
    I'm getting additional roses for my wedding at Costco. They are stunning, a reasonable price, and work well for if the original roses I ordered from the venue florist aren't the right color. The ivory roses are stunning. 
  • Options
    Take it on and off a few times using windex or other glass cleaner...nice and shiny. :-) Wouldn't it be great if the places to get nails done had a place to clean your ring while you get your nails done?
  • Options
    This thread is now a week old, but it was originally written when I had finally started to give lots of fucks. 

Glad that's over. 

We leave tomorrow and mom keeps talking about "what should we have people do with the ceremony decorations? Bring them inside and put therm in X, Y, or Z place?" and I just keep saying, "as soon as we get down there, I'm done. You can do whatever the hell you want with them. I'll be married and I don't care." 

Honestly, I need to start to give a fuck about packing, as it's 1030 and I have to get up at 7 to get out of the house on time. Whoops!
  • Options
    I AM GIVING ZERO FUCKS ABOUT THAT TIPPING THREAD.

Good lord, the craziness rubs off on you.

I love hearing about the little details that y'all are doing, and giggle when you don't care about them anymore. True brides right there!

image   image   image

• Options

I love hearing about the little details that y'all are doing, and giggle when you don't care about them anymore. True brides right there!

Lol I haven't even opened that one. Nope nope nope.

• Options

I opened it the day it started but not since. Scared!
  • Options
    I AM GIVING ZERO FUCKS ABOUT THAT TIPPING THREAD. Good lord, the craziness rubs off on you. I love hearing about the little details that y'all are doing, and giggle when you don't care about them anymore. True brides right there!

Now I'm curious...what this thread everyone's speaking of?
  • Options
    I AM GIVING ZERO FUCKS ABOUT THAT TIPPING THREAD. Good lord, the craziness rubs off on you. I love hearing about the little details that y'all are doing, and giggle when you don't care about them anymore. True brides right there!

Now I'm curious...what this thread everyone's speaking of?
    Don't do it, it's a trap!

• Options
    Some loony toon is going off the rails because she gets shit service all the time. She's crazy and is something of an internet legend for appearing out of nowhere to bitch about terrible service and going on and on about it.

Sometimes I enjoy poking the bear, and I was getting chuckles out of it last night. I got called an idiot for not being morally opposed to cold bbq sauce. It was funny :)
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Options
    Oh. My. God. Just saw it. I can't even with the crazy.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards