Wedding Etiquette Forum

No bridesmaid SOs invited to Rehearsal Dinner?

13»

Re: No bridesmaid SOs invited to Rehearsal Dinner?

• If they allow the bridal party to bring guests at all, then fiancés and husbands (and wives) alike should be able to attend. The exception, I would think would be if members of the bridal party are from out of town and their significant others would have to make arrangements to eat alone. Usually it's the bridal party and out of town guests go to the dinner. Either way, it sucks that you were slighted. Still go since it's a bridal event and you're in the bridal party but you have every right to be offended/hurt about it.
  • Who the hell Blists people for a rehearsal dinner?!

Yeah that right there. . .it tells me your "friend" was lying, and badly, when she claimed she had no control over the rehearsal dinner guest list. This bitch is absolutely in control of everything.

This bride is the worst.

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• OP, @MobKaz said it perfectly. Your friend had choices to make, too, and she made them with little to no regard with how you would feel. When you spoke up and expressed yourself, she reacted horribly. You had EVERY RIGHT to speak up for yourself. I don't get what it is about weddings that makes brides think they're suddenly invincible to criticism. Like, "this is my wedding so nobody is allowed to express any dissent to anything I do/say, and if anybody does then that makes them wrong because they're bitches who don't support me and my special day."
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards