Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Philadelphia bands?

Hi all,

I'm beginning to plan our wedding for June of 2015. So far we have booked our venue and our church. We are now looking into a wedding band. Most of our budget is going into the band, food, and alcohol (because I think those are the things that guests will remember most!) That being said, we are looking for a really exceptional band that will get everyone on the dance floor! We really want our guests to have a great time and enjoy the perks of having a live band.

I've called quite a few, but I've been particularly interested in the Janis Nowlan Band and Rich Posmontier Ensemble. Has anyone seen either (or better yet...both!) bands? I'm having a hard time choosing between the two. I live in Boston and so it's very difficult to find time to come in and view multiple showcases.

Which would you choose? Or should I keep looking?

Any input would be very helpful. Thank you!

Re: Philadelphia bands?

• Options
    I never heard of them. I was very particular in my band as well. I was nervous because that makes or breaks your wedding. I had a band called second vision. They were awesome....Everyone danced all night. They did a great job!!!
    image 211 Invited image 153 Ready to Party image 58 Are Missing Out Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @WLevine75 : Thank you so much -- they are really great! I now have way too many choices! I love their sound.
  • Options
    No Problem.. Picking the band was one of the hardest choices for me, and I was soooo happy with them.
    image 211 Invited image 153 Ready to Party image 58 Are Missing Out Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I have seen Rich Posmontier play at a wedding and he is awesome. I am having him at my wedding. I recommended him to you on the weddingbee though :)
  • Options
    @mands1125 : Ah yes! It was a wonderful recommendation! I really liked what I saw online and had a great conversation with Rich. My only real hang up is that none of their demos are live and I haven't seen him live. I can't even find live videos! I'm nervous about hiring a band without hearing them, but his reputation is so exceptional that I'm considering taking that risk! 
  • Options
    I hear ya. I think he does live demos every once in awhile but I am not sure when that is in relation to you looking to book. I agree it can be a big risk. The one good thing abou him is that he keeps the party moving well w/ his MCing services. That was a big thing for me.
  • Options
    @mands1125 : Yeah, he told me he would e-mail me when he sets up another live showcase...I just hope it is soon! I wouldn't be able to attend but maybe my parents would. 

And a good MC is definitely important. When you saw him before, did he have people dancing the entire night? I like the idea of dancing in between food courses. I want to maximize our dance floor! Dancing after everyone has eaten is tough because people always feel a little lethargic and you don't get as much time out on the floor. I like to work up an appetite! 
  • Options
    Yes, he does dancing between courses! We are following his standard "jewish wedding" template but I think overall, he wants people to do dancing in between courses. The wedding I went to we were dancing all night and the 4 hours went by so fast!
  • Options
    Blue Label! They are made up of guys (and a girl) from local cover bands! So much fun at a wedding! We decided to book them after seeing them! Definitely check them out!

www.bluelabelband.com
  • Options
    Paris - by ebe
  • Options
    AHH this is an old thread to bump, but thanks everyone.

We went with Jellyroll!
  • Options
    I haven't contacted them but was curious- what's the cost for Jellyroll? 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards