Chit Chat

Douche -B finally got what was coming to him

I don't know if any of you are football fans - but I'm a diehard fan.    I was aghast when I heard Ray Rice only got a two game suspension for KNOCKING OUT his girlfriend.    Well someone leaked the video of the actual attack and the Ravens FINALLY said syanara you POS - you're butt is FIRED!!!

http://www.cnn.com/2014/09/08/us/ray-rice-new-video/index.html

Re: Douche -B finally got what was coming to him

• I figured it was a minor altercation with his FI (I personally believe that you never put your hands on your SO) but after seeing the video I was speechless.

I  have a zero tolerance for that bullshit.  Hard to tell in an elevator video but he didn't seem to care that she hit the ground.  If god forbid H hit the ground for any reason I'd be in such a panic.

What an awful piece of shit.  I just heard the NFL suspended him indefinitely.  
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • So happy to hear this.  I hope he never plays again.

I couldn't even watch the video the whole way through.  I realized after chatting about it over on Treehouse that it wasn't just watching him punch her, and her falling to the ground, that got me.  It's after she's passed out when he doesn't freak out, no panicking, just calmly starts dragging her out of the elevator.  And then nudges her with his FOOT.  Like she's a piece of trash on the ground.

Sorry.  I'm getting ragey.  This is NOT okay and I'm so glad the Ravens kicked his ass to the curb.  I still think they only did it for PR reasons, but it's something.
    I thought the same thing!  I watched it thinking are you fucking kidding me??
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I can't get over how shocking that video is! I hope the prosecutors look at this case again.

Absolutely agree with @JCbride2015 - he wasn't concerned about her at all. Even when (presumably) strangers started coming over and one starts comforting her, he doesn't even put on a pretense of making sure she's ok.

• Oh and somebody just brought up on TH where we are also talking about this: I really hope his wife is safe with some family members or friends right now.  Because chances are he's going to take this out on her.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• I am a diehard Broncos fan, but today the Ravens are my favorite. What a piece of shit. I can't beleive how horrible some human beings are!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Getting fired is not punishment enough for what this piece of shit motherfucking asshole did. Hopefully he'll rot in jail soon. Unacceptable.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • What goes around.... fucker. I hope life punches him in the face and he ends up broke on the streets. See ya, loser.
    *********************************************************************************

• I have some friends who are acquainted with him. He's a punk. I can't believe the NFL only gave him a 2 game suspension (you get a longer suspension for marijuana use, FFS), but I'm glad the Ravens cut him. No one should be rewarded for that kind of behavior.
    ~*~*~*~*~

• Getting fired is not punishment enough for what this piece of shit motherfucking asshole did. Hopefully he'll rot in jail soon. Unacceptable.
    Screw getting fired (although I'm glad for that)
    Um...where are the cops with the charges?  His ass needs to be in prison.  What more evidence do they want?
  • Can he go to jail if she doesn't press charges?
    Anniversary
  • Can he go to jail if she doesn't press charges?
    That's what I want to know - any lawyers (or soon to be lawyers) that can weigh in on this?
  • LakeR2014 said:
    Can he go to jail if she doesn't press charges?
    That's what I want to know - any lawyers (or soon to be lawyers) that can weigh in on this?
    I think it would be pretty hard to prosecute if she won't testify.  But it's not impossible, especially with the video.

Although I think they were both already charged (yes, both of them), and the charges against both were already dropped.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• LakeR2014 said:
    I think it would be pretty hard to prosecute if she won't testify.  But it's not impossible, especially with the video.

Although I think they were both already charged (yes, both of them), and the charges against both were already dropped.
    Why was she charged?  And since they were both already charged, can he be charged again or does double jeopardy only apply if it goes to court?

Anniversary
  • LakeR2014 said:

Why was she charged?  And since they were both already charged, can he be charged again or does double jeopardy only apply if it goes to court?

Federally, double jeopardy applies in a jury trial once the first juror is sworn in, or in a non-jury trial, once the judge swears in the first witness.  So no, I don't think double jeopardy would have attached yet.  But the state may have different laws.

Both parties in a DV incident are often charged, because the police can't initially sort out what was self-defense and what wasn't.  And it does look in the video like she slapped him before they entered the elevator.  Not saying she deserved it at all, just saying the cops probably approached it like a dispute and charged both of them before figuring out everything.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• LakeR2014 said:

If you look at the video she swings first (both outside the elevator and inside).  Even though she didn't fully punch him she still swatted at him.  The assault charges were dropped though because honestly I doubt they would have held up after she was punched twice which resulted in her falling, smacking her head on the railing and then becoming unconscious.

• And as one of my FB friends stated, Ray should have handled the situation like Jay-Z...kept his hands to himself.
    exactly! I mean when Solange jumped all over his ass he just backed the fuck up and was like NOPE.... And lets face it Rice probably packs a whole shit ton more punch then Jay-Z.. .but seriously.. 
    Just curious....what happened first?   The Ray Rice thing or the Solange thing?   If it was Ray Rice...my mind immediately went to Jay-Z knowing cameras were around so he backed off.  I know that's horrible, but that's where my mind went. :-/
  • I'm in the camp that they should have investigated this further as soon as it came up. What do you mean that the Ravens JUST NOW have access to this video? I call bullshit. What I think they mean is now that it's out and they can no longer say what a great guy he had been since and how bad he feels, they actually have to do something about it.
  • LakeR2014 said:
    And as one of my FB friends stated, Ray should have handled the situation like Jay-Z...kept his hands to himself.
    exactly! I mean when Solange jumped all over his ass he just backed the fuck up and was like NOPE.... And lets face it Rice probably packs a whole shit ton more punch then Jay-Z.. .but seriously.. 
    Just curious....what happened first?   The Ray Rice thing or the Solange thing?   If it was Ray Rice...my mind immediately went to Jay-Z knowing cameras were around so he backed off.  I know that's horrible, but that's where my mind went. :-/
    I believe the Jay-Z thing happened first.  The two incidents were only like a week or so apart.

kasmith1 said:
    I'm in the camp that they should have investigated this further as soon as it came up. What do you mean that the Ravens JUST NOW have access to this video? I call bullshit. What I think they mean is now that it's out and they can no longer say what a great guy he had been since and how bad he feels, they actually have to do something about it.
    Which is pretty much exactly what happened.  For them not to realize that this tape would be leaked is probably the dumbest thing imaginable.  If they didn't take this step then a lot of Baltimore fans and football fans in general would have raised hell.  I mean, we all knew that something went down in that elevator but a lot of people were willing to go the innocent until proven guilty route.  But finally seeing the video and exactly what happened put the last nail in the coffin so to speak.

I still can't believe she went ahead and married his ass after what happened though.  Sorry to say but she probably did it for the money but she easily could have gotten the money by suing him instead of legally binding herself to him.

• I'm so pleased that the league in the general is starting to take a tougher stance on domestic violence.  I was so confused by the penalty in this case.  I thought it was just because I was foreign.  I can't imagine an Australian team wanting that sort of publicity hanging over them, even if the woman didn't press charges.
  • Maggie0829Maggie0829 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited September 2014

I still can't believe she went ahead and married his ass after what happened though.  Sorry to say but she probably did it for the money but she easily could have gotten the money by suing him instead of legally binding herself to him.
    That's an unfair assumption, and also victim shaming. The two have been together for a long time (I think high school or at least college) and have a young child together. As we've seen and heard about many times before, many women in abusive relationships choose to stay despite the dangers to themselves and their children. She may truly love him and believe he can change. She could have low self-esteem and believe this is what she deserves/he's the best she can get. Victim/abuser may be the only relationship dynamic she knows (cycles of abuse also run in families).
    I'm sorry but that is my opinion. It doesn't matter how long they have been together or that they have children. What matters is that he fucking punched her twice and then drug her out of the elevator without giving two shits if her unconcious self was okay. That to me is grounds for breaking up and only having contact when it comes to their children. 

And if that life (victim/abuser) is the only life she knows then she needs to get herself some help rather then continuing to live that life. 

Also I am certainly not saying that him hitting her is acceptable at all, but I do also judge her for slapping him/hitting him in the first place. Abuse can go both ways and she should be just as ashamed of herself for laying her hands on him as he should be for doing what he did. 

Finally, she may truly love him, but love is not enough when it comes to staying in an abusive relationship.

Edited because the stupid post didn't keep my paragraphs.

• I'm so pleased that the league in the general is starting to take a tougher stance on domestic violence.  I was so confused by the penalty in this case.  I thought it was just because I was foreign.  I can't imagine an Australian team wanting that sort of publicity hanging over them, even if the woman didn't press charges.

The NFL, Roger Goodall, the Ravens, their coaches and several sports writers all let the fans down with their ridiculous initial punishmen/lack of investigating. The only reason they did begin to take that tougher stance is because of the initial outrage from fans. The NFL need to acknowledge October with purple this year, for domestic violence instead of the pink charade.

• I still can't believe she went ahead and married his ass after what happened though.  Sorry to say but she probably did it for the money but she easily could have gotten the money by suing him instead of legally binding herself to him.
    That's an unfair assumption, and also victim shaming. The two have been together for a long time (I think high school or at least college) and have a young child together. As we've seen and heard about many times before, many women in abusive relationships choose to stay despite the dangers to themselves and their children. She may truly love him and believe he can change. She could have low self-esteem and believe this is what she deserves/he's the best she can get. Victim/abuser may be the only relationship dynamic she knows (cycles of abuse also run in families).
    I'm sorry but that is my opinion. It doesn't matter how long they have been together or that they have children. What matters is that he fucking punched her twice and then drug her out of the elevator without giving two shits if her unconcious self was okay. That to me is grounds for breaking up and only having contact when it comes to their children. 

And if that life (victim/abuser) is the only life she knows then she needs to get herself some help rather then continuing to live that life. 

Also I am certainly not saying that him hitting her is acceptable at all, but I do also judge her for slapping him/hitting him in the first place. Abuse can go both ways and she should be just as ashamed of herself for laying her hands on him as he should be for doing what he did. 

Finally, she may truly love him, but love is not enough when it comes to staying in an abusive relationship.

Edited because the stupid post didn't keep my paragraphs.
    I wasn't trying to defend her decision to continue on with the wedding - simply saying that there are reasons other than being a gold-digger (as your previous post stated) on why women stay with their abusers. Lord knows my mother stayed with my father despite his abusing me, and he didn't have two pennies to rub together.
    ~*~*~*~*~

• kasmith1 said:

I'm so pleased that the league in the general is starting to take a tougher stance on domestic violence.  I was so confused by the penalty in this case.  I thought it was just because I was foreign.  I can't imagine an Australian team wanting that sort of publicity hanging over them, even if the woman didn't press charges.

The NFL, Roger Goodall, the Ravens, their coaches and several sports writers all let the fans down with their ridiculous initial punishmen/lack of investigating. The only reason they did begin to take that tougher stance is because of the initial outrage from fans. The NFL need to acknowledge October with purple this year, for domestic violence instead of the pink charade.
    That would be a good start.

The NFL, and major league sports in general in this country are all pretty much amoral corrupt douche bags. This is not the first time a professional athlete assaulted a woman and people tried to cover it up, and it sadly won't be the last.

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards