October 2014 Weddings
Options

Has anyone started receiving RSVPs yet?

13»

Re: Has anyone started receiving RSVPs yet?

• Options
    We've finally reached the half way mark. We sent out 100 Invitations (226 total guests), and as of today we have 55 RSVP's back (91 guests). Our RSVP date is 9/13, so hopefully we'll get quite a few more this week.
  • Options
    @LaPeanut1018 your progress sounds like me - and i hate getting 1-2 per day!!!

184 invites
    85 confirmed yes
    20 confirmed no
    79 still waiting

• Options
    Phew! I'm glad I'm not the only one still waiting on a bunch!!

• Options
    Our deadline is 9/20, and we have about 65% of the 130 cards back. Breaks down as follows:

245 guests invited
    133 confirmed yes
    31 confirmed no
    81 still waiting

We've been getting them semi-consistently; 1 on one day, none the next, 6 the next...but at least they're still coming in!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I regret putting my due date as 9/20. I need the stupid RSVPs back so I know if I need to order more cupcakes or not. My guest list grew after I initially ordered cupcakes. And I need to be able to draw a picture of how I want tables for our venue, but I can't do that until I know how many people are coming so I know how many tables we need. I'm feeling really dramatic about this today.
  • Options
    Hahaha. I like the way you put that. I've been feeling really dramatic about things lately as well. I may need to make more favors depending on how many accepts I get, and I need to order more stickers for them, so I'm also getting very impatient and wish I could know my final count NOW!
  • Options

This is how dramatic I'm getting about RSVPs. I made an excel today...

Type of Response     # of Responses         Out of total invited       Out of total responded
             Yes                            65                                  36%                           68%
              No                             31                                  17%                           32%
        Total Response              96                                   52%                           100%
          Total Invited                  183                                100% 

I think I need some wine...I have until September 24th before I can start calling people! Ugghhhhhh!!!

• Options
    I like the idea of an excel for it! I have spreadsheets for everything else. I should make one for my RSVPs too.
  • Options
    Our deadline is this Saturday and we're still waiting on 25 people, which is half our guest list. I'm hoping we receive multiple RSVPs in the mail every day this week. That would make me very happy.
  • Options
    I rebelled and sent my invites out in July with an August 1st deadline. Half didn't send an RSVP (and I still cannot get answers for a few) and now people who DID RSVP are changing their answer!
    I think it's impossible to get a final number... no matter what you do. So frustrating. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary
  • Options
    We are up to 70 people out of the 208 invited! Only one more week left for RSVP deadline!!
  • Options

Yup, RSVPs are annoying!

I'm now at:

98 - yes

7 - no

6 - mia - I guess that's pretty good :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    iI just mailed mine last wednesday and out of 96 invitations that iI sent iI have 9 back. the mail hasnt come yet today. iI told the mailman iI was going to stalk him daily!! lol. my aunt (who iI knew wasnt prob coming anyways, because iI already had a wedding 21 years ago) wrote on the rsvp card hopefully this time works. iI found it kind of rude. maybe its just me... 
  • Options
    iI just mailed mine last wednesday and out of 96 invitations that iI sent iI have 9 back. the mail hasnt come yet today. iI told the mailman iI was going to stalk him daily!! lol. my aunt (who iI knew wasnt prob coming anyways, because iI already had a wedding 21 years ago) wrote on the rsvp card hopefully this time works. iI found it kind of rude. maybe its just me... 
    That is rude! 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary
  • Options
    ok thank you! at least its not just me.
  • Options
    I added an RSVP column on my address spreadsheet when I sent out my invites.  I also have ones for gifts and thank you cards, so I can keep track of who gave what and if I've sent them a card yet.

I've been getting 1-2 RSVPs a day, and it's really annoying.  I've had 2 out-of-state friends say they booked a vacation out here the 
    week before/after the wedding, and thought the wedding would be in their timeframe....um you had the Save The Date forever, did you not double check??

So far:
    I sent out 95 invites to 196 people
    I have received 46 RSVPs back
    75 people accepted, 27 people declined

All my definite declines sent theirs back right away, but there have been other declines we weren't expecting, like those friends.  

We're waiting on mostly family members now :\
  • Options
    My RSVP date was 10 days ago and we are still waiting on 14 people, and that's after repeated hounding.  Actually, as of the date, we had 45 out of 119 that still had not responded so I gave it a week and then started the calls and emails.  And the thing that pisses me off is that I knew I would need more favors, charger plates, centerpieces, etc. than originally planned but I had to guess just HOW many more.  There were some really good sales over Labor Day so I went ahead and ordered based on the number of people we were pretty sure were coming.  Then, turns out, quite of few of those people said NO.  REALLY?  You knew you weren't coming, you waited until the RSVP date, said you'd reply and then only after getting reminded yet again you say you aren't coming?  You didn't know that a week ago?  Ugh.  So that's about $200 extra spent on shit that I really didn't need to buy if people had just given me an answer one way or another when we asked about it.  We're having a destination wedding so most people have to book flights and hotels and do it -- oh, probably NOT a week before the wedding!  Oh, and P.S. - 6 of those people were "guests" who invited themselves last month and we just let it go because we didn't feel it was worth a fight with parents.  We're paying for the wedding ourselves but parents invited people without telling us.  Now they've backed out after already RSVP'ing yes.  I'm so over this part of the process. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    While the trickle of 1-2 RSVPs a day is frustrating, I find myself getting more frustrated at the RSVPs I do receive. They are almost all from people who I already knew were coming, or got verbal notice from my mom or FIs mom that they were coming. I've only had 2-3 RSVPs come in that were surprise yes or no...the outstanding ones are almost all my "maybes"...the one's that have a 50/50 shot of saying yes or no...those are the answers I really want so I can hone in on my final plans for centerpieces, food, etc. Right now I feel like I'm guessing on a guess...
  • Options
    While the trickle of 1-2 RSVPs a day is frustrating, I find myself getting more frustrated at the RSVPs I do receive. They are almost all from people who I already knew were coming, or got verbal notice from my mom or FIs mom that they were coming. I've only had 2-3 RSVPs come in that were surprise yes or no...the outstanding ones are almost all my "maybes"...the one's that have a 50/50 shot of saying yes or no...those are the answers I really want so I can hone in on my final plans for centerpieces, food, etc. Right now I feel like I'm guessing on a guess…
    Me too! I'm happy that people send them back, but it's so disappointing to open one from someone that's already given a verbal yes or no. There's so much excitement and then I'm all, "oh… I already knew that."

Haha first world problems, I tell you.
  • Options
    jules3964jules3964 member
    First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited September 2014

Oh, what's also annoying is my Aunt, who already RSVP'd yes weeks ago, has told my parents that she'll "know for sure whether or not she's coming soon" because she has to buy plane tickets in the next week.

Um. But you already RSVP'd yes?! I have no words.

• Options
    Ugh. So frustrating!

• Options
    PepperallyPepperally member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited September 2014

All week long and not even ONE RSVP! Ugh. And yes, the majority of the ones we are waiting on are ones we are completely clueless as to whether they would come. 

But, we did receive two wedding gifts so I guess that will have to do.

• Options
    I went 3 days this week with none at all, and today I got 2 (4 people total) . I'm still waiting on 41 people!!! 
  • Options
    At this point, almost all my my family and FI's family have rsvped (and the ones that haven't are the ones we were 99.9% sure weren't going to come anyway)...but about 1/2 of our (FI and my) friends haven't rsvped, which is frustrating. As happy as we are that certain family members are coming, we're kind of more excited about our friends, who would kind of be the "life of the party" so-to-speak. Due date is Saturday, so we probably start making calls mid week next week. i want that day to hurry up, but at the same time i feel that the month is going by waaaaaay too fast already!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm at the point now where people are calling me and telling me they lost their RSVP card, but they rsvpd over the phone. Still waiting on 37 people!! 94 guests so far :)
  • Options
    My final number is exactly 100. PERFECT!!! 

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    I just had to share this annoying story. One of FI's father's friends is invited. We have not heard from him yet. Well, he's been engaged to this woman for years, and FI didn't know her last name so his mom told us to just write "and guest" since they are not married. The guy asks FI's dad the other day if his fiancé was invited. Hello, what do you think "and guest" means??? Yeah, I get it, that maybe he was offended we didn't put down her name, but come on.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards